Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

lefty120 wrote:

Yeah cause Trump never talks about Obama. Give me a break. If the pencil sharpener didn’t work in the Oval Office tomorrow it’d be Obama’s fault. Let’s face it, none of the three clowns running for president, Biden, Sanders, or the current President, is worth a crap. This is just the state of American politics right now, and unfortunately, the foreseeable future.  
Just as Obama never talked about Bush right?

For me, the difference is with Trump, when he mentions Obama it is- Under Obama, we did this. Now we do this and it works better (which, for the most part IMO, it has). Admittedly, it's probably far more crass and less eloquent than that, but the point remains. I could be wrong, but it seems in the past year to 6 months he's kind of quit talking about Obama altogether. I really don't know. I got rid of Twitter. What a fantastic move on my part, but I digress.

Joe's mentions Obama are just name dropping in the Hope's that he can play to Obama's base and use his fame with them to get support. It's like Chris Coghlan dropping references to his good friend Anthony Rizzo and the 2016 World Series.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:or feel up any underage girls on camera before the debates begin.

What is that about?

Sidenote- what a great song.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:14 pm

I don't like politics at all right now, and that includes dem's and rep's...and I agree about Biden mentioning Obama...no argument there. But this administration is an embarrassment...and a strong argument could be made our economy etc. was on an uptick anyway when he came on board...no different than people giving Clinton all the credit for the 90's...really??

One of the first comments Trump made not long ago about Corona was that he lifted a bunch of crap Obama had done so that Americans would be safer...give me a break. If that was truly accurate...we wouldn't have 1000's of healthcare workers needing tests for this thing and not getting them. S. Korea and China are testing 10,000 per day...have we even tested that many total? We're the United States of America for Christ Sakes. Those aren't political opinions...they're factual numbers. Numbers in China are proven to be decreasing right now because of fast quarantine, and testing...neither of which we are doing right now. All levels of government are behind...not just Trump. But the problem is he's at the point...which scares me greatly.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/12/nation/severe-shortage-tests-blunts-coronavirus-response-boston-doctors-say/?s_campaign=breakingnews:newsletter

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:or feel up any underage girls on camera before the debates begin.

What is that about?

Sidenote- what a great song.

You're right, great song! Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:23 pm

lefty120 wrote:I don't like politics at all right now, and that includes dem's and rep's...and I agree about Biden mentioning Obama...no argument there.  But this administration is an embarrassment...and a strong argument could be made our economy etc. was on an uptick anyway when he came on board...no different than people giving Clinton all the credit for the 90's...really??  

One of the first comments Trump made not long ago about Corona was that he lifted a bunch of crap Obama had done so that Americans would be safer...give me a break.  If that was truly accurate...we wouldn't have 1000's of healthcare workers needing tests for this thing and not getting them.  S. Korea and China are testing 10,000 per day...have we even tested that many total?  We're the United States of America for Christ Sakes.  Those aren't political opinions...they're factual numbers.  Numbers in China are proven to be decreasing right now because of fast quarantine, and testing...neither of which we are doing right now.  All levels of government are behind...not just Trump.  But the problem is he's at the point...which scares me greatly.  

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/12/nation/severe-shortage-tests-blunts-coronavirus-response-boston-doctors-say/?s_campaign=breakingnews:newsletter
So, the administration is a an embarrassment because you perceive a previous administration would have reacted differently?

10000 people a day in China is .0006% of their population. If we test 200,000 people a day nationwide, that's the same % of people. Admittedly, Idk if that is happening. Also admittedly, i do not care.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Also, I am intrigued that a lot of the same people who are attacking Trump politically for his lack of response are the same people who advocate culling the herd of humanity to lessen our impact on global warming. The same ones who are telling young people it's irresponsible to have children given our environmental impact.

Well, here's your chance to help with that...

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-climate-change-have-kids-children-1342853

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/20/save-the-planet-half-earth-kim-stanley-robinson

https://reason.com/2006/04/03/to-save-the-planet-kill-90-per/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:47 pm

I don't disagree with any of that...as I've stated, I think both sides suck right now and it's scary where our country is going. I also didn't say a previous administration would have handled this better...I simply said Trump took credit for undoing stuff that the previous President supposedly set up, which no one has been able to factually state Obama had limitations on the CDC; yet not own it when things are actually worse because of what you've done, or not done. Just own the thing and make it right. Trump / Pence have factually put limitations on who the CDC can issue tests too...that's not political opinion or conjecture.

Again, I was never a huge Obama fan, and I'm certainly not a Trump fan. The whole thing is a mess and when stuff like Corona happen, it exposes how divided and lacking leadership our country really is.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:24 pm

Fair enough. Personally, I don't particularly like Trump. But I will vote for him in the upcoming election. I didn't in 2016.

A Biden presidency will be exactly what the Dems accused the Bush presidency of being. Pretty clueless puppet st the head, with the party running the show from behind.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:30 pm

Just got an email from AFSCME about the virus. After a brief introduction paragraph in the 2nd paragraph they felt the need to criticize the Trump administration's response.

Buried in the 5th paragraph they say they and the state government are in the process of meeting to develop a plan for AFSCME members.

Laughing
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Personally, I don't particularly like Trump. But I will vote for him in the upcoming election. I didn't in 2016.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I assumed alot of my friends/family did. Turns out they actually sat out 2016, including my mom & sisters. My brother lives in Seattle and has severe TDS.

Over Coronas on the beach last month my sisters surprised me by being total Trump-converts. They said mom was too. Who knew? My mom instructed me not to discuss politics at Christmas, "Because your brother can't help it he's wrong..." Shocked

I only told Mrs BW that I'd vote for Trump if the DOW went over 30,000. Guess I'm off the hook now!

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm

NCAA expected to make a decision no later than Friday on whether to cancel the Tournament. There is a ton of money at stake here with the TV network contracts, particularly with CBS.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:45 pm

March Madness Canceled. SHG boy's team going to State and I can't go there either.

There is a rumor out there that the Tournament could be played at a later date. We'll see.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:56 pm

OSUBucks wrote:March Madness Canceled. SHG boy's team going to State and I can't go there either.

There is a rumor out there that the Tournament could be played at a later date. We'll see.
Illinois has their best season probably since they went to the championship and the NCAA cancels the tournament.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:23 pm

I wonder if those who called Trump racist for shutting down travel to China are feeling stupid today?

Probably not...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:March Madness Canceled. SHG boy's team going to State and I can't go there either.

Well, you don't have to worry about not being able to go to the SHG game now.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

I'm disappointed for all the kids on the four teams.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I'm disappointed for all the kids on the four teams.
I can't imagine what any of these athletes are feeling.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I wonder if those who called Trump racist for shutting down travel to China are feeling stupid today?

Probably not...

I didn’t call him a racist for that.

Trump didn’t shut down travel to China. Not even close. That would have been a bold and forward thinking move. That’s not what Trump does. He just talks as if he were bold and forward thinking by lying about what he actually does.

As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:14 pm

Trump read his speech meant to reassure us on Wednesday evening from a teleprompter. Then six minutes after he finished his staff had to come out and correct a couple of pretty big points he made. Do you think they miswrote the words to the prompter or he misread the written words?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:17 am

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:Yes they will. That just doesn’t mean that the response should be to downplay the problem, or pretend like this is just the flu. It isn’t.

You're right. This quote from an expert at John Hopkins today.
"As of Mar. 11, 2020, the flu is showing much more of an impact on Americans than COVID-19"
That said, the Coronavirus stats will get worse before they get better. It will be a big surprise to me if the Coronavirus fatalities in the US this year are anywhere near that of influenza. This has been a bad flu season with over 20,000 fatalities so far. With at least 80% of people the symptoms are more severe too than Coronavirus. We can't say with certainty that Coronavirus will be seasonal like influenza but odds are that it will. There will be a vaccine developed for the Coronavirus eventually, hopefully by next Winter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/11/anthony-fauci-undercuts-trump-flu-other-coronavirus-assertions/

The head of the CDC says this is far more serious than the flu.

God help us if he's right. According to the World Health Organization, globally the flu kills between 290,000-650,000 people per year. As of today the Coronavirus has killed approximately 4600 people globally. Going back to October when the flu season started in the US over 20,000 have died from the flu here. If the CDC head knows what he's talking about we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg and we are in for it soon.
I am still hopeful that this is seasonal and that by May this will be winding down. My suspicions are that the CDC head is full of shit and when this runs its course the global fatalities will be no where near that of influenza.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:38 am

Teetime wrote:Trump read his speech meant to reassure us on Wednesday evening from a teleprompter. Then six minutes after he finished his staff had to come out and correct a couple of pretty big points he made. Do you think they miswrote the words to the prompter or he misread the written words?

I found the answer. Kushner and Steven Miller wrote the Oval Office address, Trump tweaked it and the medical experts were excluded.

https://apple.news/AC-UF-By-RiufowLEwM7JNQ

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:00 am

Head Idiot wrote:
10000 people a day in China is .0006% of their population. If we test 200,000 people a day nationwide, that's the same % of people.  Admittedly, Idk if that is happening. Also admittedly, i do not care.

It appears this administration shares your lack of interest in testing. We haven’t tested 200,000 since the onset of the virus in this country. God I hope this lack of testing is not because they don’t want to know the real number.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:42 am

We were discussing in my U.S. History class yesterday about the scary similarities to this and the onset of the Great Depression in 1929 and into the early 1930's.  Taking my opinion of the Trump administration's handling of this situation to date out of it, there are a ton...basically, the federal government isn't doing much of anything...and leaving everything up to the states and saying 'you take care of your citizens'.  It wasn't until Roosevelt took over and started putting all of these services under the umbrella of the Federal Government did the nation start to see any type of recovery.  

I'm curious to think and hear what the Governor's of these states that have cancelled school up until April 6 think of the neighboring states who haven't?  What's the point if the entire nation isn't going to get on the same page...this thing is everywhere and if it isn't, it will be.  Trump Wednesday night in my opinion should have come out and said 'this is what the federal government is going to do, whether you like it or not'...that's leadership.  Making potentially unpopular decisions in the heat of the moment for the betterment of everyone.  Say what you want about past Presidents...there's a ton to not like about each...but it's really hard to envision Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Reagan performing this way. But, who knows...maybe they would have.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:00 am

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down