Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Yes they will. That just doesn’t mean that the response should be to downplay the problem, or pretend like this is just the flu. It isn’t.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:57 pm

The Bulls will not lose this weekend

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

This is a portion of the 14th amendment to the Constitution. The President has violated this amendment and should not be allowed to run.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 pm

Teetime wrote:Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

This is a portion of the 14th amendment to the Constitution. The President has violated this amendment and should not be allowed to run.
Um, prey tell how has he violated that? Is this the Russia straw grasping again?

And, before you start with it, the only difference between Reps and Dems is which side you're more willing to sell us it out to. Reps it's more Russia and Saidi Arabia, Dems it's China and Ukraine.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
And are you really denying the Dems have tried to make this a campaign point for the past 2-3 weeks?

You are really struggling with reading these days...

I wrote this yesterday:
"Who made a claim that there were no politics in the Corona conversation and response? Certainly not me.. I said that the worldwide response was not because of US politics. I contend that the response is because the problem is real and it’s way better to over react to an epidemic than to under react.

Do you disagree with my contention?"

Of course, you didn't answer that question. Politicians will make fodder out of sawdust...the point was that we SHOULD over react in the interest of saving lives.

Um, I think it's pretty obvious that I disagree. This thing is going to spread. Old and compromised people are going to die. There isn't a god damned thing the government can do to stop it. Spending billions of dollars to give the political illusion that they're going to be able to save us is stupid.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I do have a legitimate question for you Tee- do you think Biden is a better candidate than Hillary and can you outline 5 of his campaign points or promises?

He is better. Clinton couldn’t win my vote. She couldn’t say five sentences without lying twice. This time around there is another epic liar running but he is the president..

Yes I can..
Joe can't clearly say 5 sentences without reading them off a teleprompter. And if he can, they're usually threatening someone.

Still waiting on those 5 points since we're demanding questions be answered.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 pm

Most Americans will be exposed to the Coronavirus. Arguably, most will not get very sick. However, at this point we should seek to flatten the curve of the outbreak.

Coronavirus I - Page 3 11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-jumbo

The real danger is overloading our health system. While it is true Italy has a considerably older population than the U.S. - they also have about one-third more doctors per patient, and about one-fourth more hospital beds per patient. They are breaking down, particularly in the north, there just is not enough doctors, beds, and respirators.

The whole thing is a harbinger of trouble for the U.S. Coronavirus is even more dangerous in some respects because it is contagious from people who exhibit no symptoms.

I hope I am very wrong and the folks saying it is overhyped are right. Hopefully summer will come and the whole thing will blow over. But, what if I (and a whole lot of doctors and scientists) are right.

Politics cannot be separated from this. Trump is waiting for his *SON-IN-LAW* to complete his research and make a recommendation before declaring a national emergency. Jared Kushmer is an investor, newspaper owner, and real estate developer who has NO health care experience. It is outrageously irresponsible of the president.

Let's not forget that Trump was highly critical of Obama's handling of the ebola crisis - which resulted in zero American deaths.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:51 pm

Teetime wrote:Yes they will. That just doesn’t mean that the response should be to downplay the problem, or pretend like this is just the flu. It isn’t.

You're right. This quote from an expert at John Hopkins today.
"As of Mar. 11, 2020, the flu is showing much more of an impact on Americans than COVID-19"
That said, the Coronavirus stats will get worse before they get better. It will be a big surprise to me if the Coronavirus fatalities in the US this year are anywhere near that of influenza. This has been a bad flu season with over 20,000 fatalities so far. With at least 80% of people the symptoms are more severe too than Coronavirus. We can't say with certainty that Coronavirus will be seasonal like influenza but odds are that it will. There will be a vaccine developed for the Coronavirus eventually, hopefully by next Winter.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:01 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Still waiting on those 5 points since we're demanding questions be answered.

No more death penalty
Expand and strengthen Obamacare
Citizenship for the dreamers
$15 dollar minimum wage
Universal background checks
Increase corporate tax rates
Increased teacher salaries

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:19 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Still waiting on those 5 points since we're demanding questions be answered.

No more death penalty
Expand and strengthen Obamacare
Citizenship for the dreamers
$15 dollar minimum wage
Universal background checks
Increase corporate tax rates
Increased teacher salaries
When bas Joe ever verbalized these or did this come from his website that was put together by his team? They only points I've heard from his mouth is
1. He worked with Obama
2. He's going to somehow miraculously unite us
3. He's not Donald Trump

Edit- or did you take it from this website after Googling Joe Biden policies like I just did?

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/joe-biden/

Last edited by Head Idiot on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:23 pm

In the debates. You haven’t been listening.

I like those three also...that gets me up to ten!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:27 pm

Teetime wrote:In the debates. You haven’t been listening.

Almost every answer he gives has the word Obama in it. Forgive me if I quit listening. It's like if Dave Mustaine mentioned every 3 seconds he was in Metallica.

New drinking game for the debates between him and Trump- take a drink every time Joe mention he worked with Obama. You may not make it out alive.

That is if Joe doesn't punch someone or feel up any underage girls on camera before the debates begin.

Edit- and before the predictable grab em by the pussy comment, at least they were of age...

Edit, edit- let's not also act like politicians from either side aren't sex freaks. They're all narcissistic a-holes that frequently are sex delinquents.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:41 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:Yes they will. That just doesn’t mean that the response should be to downplay the problem, or pretend like this is just the flu. It isn’t.

You're right. This quote from an expert at John Hopkins today.
"As of Mar. 11, 2020, the flu is showing much more of an impact on Americans than COVID-19"
That said, the Coronavirus stats will get worse before they get better. It will be a big surprise to me if the Coronavirus fatalities in the US this year are anywhere near that of influenza. This has been a bad flu season with over 20,000 fatalities so far. With at least 80% of people the symptoms are more severe too than Coronavirus. We can't say with certainty that Coronavirus will be seasonal like influenza but odds are that it will. There will be a vaccine developed for the Coronavirus eventually, hopefully by next Winter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/11/anthony-fauci-undercuts-trump-flu-other-coronavirus-assertions/

The head of the CDC says this is far more serious than the flu.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:27 am

Head Idiot wrote:or feel up any underage girls on camera before the debates begin.

What is that about?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 am

OldTitan wrote:Most Americans will be exposed to the Coronavirus. Arguably, most will not get very sick. However, at this point we should seek to flatten the curve of the outbreak.

Coronavirus I - Page 3 11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-jumbo

The real danger is overloading our health system. While it is true Italy has a considerably older population than the U.S. - they also have about one-third more doctors per patient, and about one-fourth more hospital beds per patient.  They are breaking down, particularly in the north, there just is not enough doctors, beds, and respirators.

The whole thing is a harbinger of trouble for the U.S. Coronavirus is even more dangerous in some respects because it is contagious from people who exhibit no symptoms.

I hope I am very wrong and the folks saying it is overhyped are right. Hopefully summer will come and the whole thing will blow over. But, what if I (and a whole lot of doctors and scientists) are right.

Politics cannot be separated from this. Trump is waiting for his *SON-IN-LAW* to complete his research and make a recommendation before declaring a national emergency. Jared Kushmer is an investor, newspaper owner, and real estate developer who has NO health care experience. It is outrageously irresponsible of the president.

Let's not forget that Trump was highly critical of Obama's handling of the ebola crisis - which resulted in zero American deaths.

OT nailed it. +1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

We were told today that having 30 days of e-learning lesson plans ready probably wouldn't be a horrible idea...

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:07 am

IHSA setting limit of 60 spectators per team for basketball playoffs going forward.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 am

Teetime wrote:shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Wuh?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:05 pm

The Big 10 and a couple other Conferences have canceled their Conference basketball tournaments. Given the trajectory we're on I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NCAA basketball tournament is canceled in the next day or two. Sad
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:In the debates. You haven’t been listening.

Almost every answer he gives has the word Obama in it. Forgive me if I quit listening. It's like if Dave Mustaine mentioned every 3 seconds he was in Metallica.

New drinking game for the debates between him and Trump- take a drink every time Joe mention he worked with Obama. You may not make it out alive.

That is if Joe doesn't punch someone or feel up any underage girls on camera before the debates begin.

Edit- and before the predictable grab em by the pussy comment, at least they were of age...

Edit, edit- let's not also act like politicians from either side aren't sex freaks. They're all narcissistic a-holes that frequently are sex delinquents.

Yeah cause Trump never talks about Obama. Give me a break. If the pencil sharpener didn’t work in the Oval Office tomorrow it’d be Obama’s fault. Let’s face it, none of the three clowns running for president, Biden, Sanders, or the current President, is worth a crap. This is just the state of American politics right now, and unfortunately, the foreseeable future.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm

And maybe I’m wrong, and please tell me if I am, but didn’t the Trump administration order the CDC to put restrictions on who can and can’t be tested? If that is true, yes it is kinda his fault the tests aren’t being run. I’ve read numerous ER doctors talk about the test not being available when they need them. I personally know 3 pharmacists who work at hospitals who couldn’t obtain tests to test potential patients because they didn’t meet the qualifications.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Big 10 and a couple other Conferences have canceled their Conference basketball tournaments. Given the trajectory we're on I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NCAA basketball tournament is canceled in the next day or two. Sad  

Good call!

It's gone....

edit: to be clear this is not confirmed - yet...

Last edited by OldTitan on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 pm

The President didn’t want that cruise liner with three thousand Americans on board to dock and unload them because it would make his numbers look worse. I sure hope that’s not the reason they didn’t get these testing kits out. We have seen this coming for two months, you would think they would have the tests ready.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:25 pm

OldTitan wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The Big 10 and a couple other Conferences have canceled their Conference basketball tournaments. Given the trajectory we're on I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NCAA basketball tournament is canceled in the next day or two. Sad  

Good call!

It's gone....

Have they cancelled the tournament?

I’m inviting all the teams to my house. Well finish this thing in my driveway. I’ll put out the pairings later today.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Weighing the average of 5 recent polls Trump's current approval rating is 42.4% and disapproval 53.2%. After his SOTU speech his approval rating was close to 47% so he has taken a hit from this Coronavirus crisis. Honestly I don't care a whole lot for either Trump or Biden. During the Democrat debates there were a couple people on that stage who were very intelligent but those guys never had a chance. That's how it is with our antiquated system of electing Presidents. Trump is one of those guys who will never have 50% approval but he doesn't need 50% to win again. If he's close to 48% by November I think that would be good enough to win.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next