Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

+42
ging
Vanilla
tincup1215
Huck
morrisfan
niewi 24
wilky
4-4 stack
FanTim
Coach53
Tanglefoot_Jones
lefty120
Pass interference
Pirate
Teetime
center
aksatech
Gridiron Guy
19delta
Horsefeather
mcscot91
OSUBucks
Chukam All
Reggie
FourT4
Mercenary
general maximus
dusty7
tito-landrum
Sammy hagar-2
guerin
Veeman
Big E
mc140
TexFB
OldTitan
net
wolverine55
SIFBCoach7
Head Idiot
Bighitter11
46 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings - Page 10 Empty Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by 19delta Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 pm

center wrote:
net wrote:
OldTitan wrote:And....
Apparently the article I cited above was incorrect on Guilford
Guilford Hire

whoever wrote the 3/10 article should be fires as a sports writer.
I agree with you there.  Stupid to put that out there in an article when it was not verified.  I doubt that we will see it but there should be a correction written.

For what it is worth, my opinion is that the story has legs.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings - Page 10 Empty Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by net Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:27 pm

has legs? did you read the first article? that was the article i was talking about. ya know, the one that had no facts, it was just rumors. no sources cited or actual quotes. bad journalism.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm

net wrote:has legs? did you read the first article? that was the article i was talking about. ya know, the one that had no facts, it was just rumors. no sources cited or actual quotes. bad journalism.

Bad journalism or not, the story has legs.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:58 pm

19delta wrote:
net wrote:has legs? did you read the first article? that was the article i was talking about. ya know, the one that had no facts, it was just rumors. no sources cited or actual quotes. bad journalism.

Bad journalism or not, the story has legs.

If it had legs, which I believe you, I wouldn't think it does now. Sort of like the LSU to Michigan fiasco a few years ago - I bet the Mad Hatter wishes he took that deal!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:54 pm

GRFC looking for a new head coach.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Head Idiot to Sullivan!

Congrats!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Head Idiot to Sullivan!

Congrats!

huh?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Someone reported on IHSS that Wand TV said HB, HP, HI has been named new HC at Sullivan. I dont know if that person is related to the guy who said the Forreston coach was going to Rockford though
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 pm

congrats kerley!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Congrats!! Need to change to Head Redskin now!
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Kerley interview:

Interviewer: Does our nickname upset your political sensibilities?

AK: Don't give me that P.C. crap.

Interviewer: You're hired.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 pm

OldTitan wrote:Kerley interview:

I don't think Head Redskin will go over well with Tee. Wink

I also heard that Sullivan will now be adopting Mike Leach's Air Raid offense. Cool
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Head Skin!!!
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:00 am

Thanks guys. Kept this one on the DL until all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed. Good opportunity for me and my family.

Met with the kids yesterday and shook more hands than I probably have in the past three years. Excited to get to work.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:01 am

OldTitan wrote:Kerley interview:

+1. That's Gold Jerry!
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:05 pm

WTF what happened to taking a year off!!!!!!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:55 pm

I really thought I would regret not at least looking into this job. We all have jobs that interest us for whatever reason and SOV has always been high up that list for me. As I looked, I really liked what I saw.

I assume the interest was mutual. Laughing
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 am

Sounds like your coaching battery has been recharged thats awesome. You running spread, wearing a visor, white pullover and chucking it 40 times now?
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by FanTim Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:49 pm

Assistant Coach Jake Bilbruck, a Gillespie native, is promoted to head coach succeeding 81-year-old Don Dobrino, who retired yet again.

http://www.thebengilpost.com/school-board-hires-new-head-coach-football-discusses-absenteeism
FanTim
FanTim
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Thanks guys.  Kept this one on the DL until all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed.  Good opportunity for me and my family.  

Met with the kids yesterday and shook more hands than I probably have in the past three years.  Excited to get to work.

Interesting...

What did you find attractive about the job? Looking at the last couple seasons, the program (it is a co-op, right?) has struggled and you are going to playing in really tough conference.

Are you going to be teaching at one of the schools, as well?

Congratulations. I wish you well and hope that you can have the same success that you had at your last stop.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 am

FanTim wrote:Assistant Coach Jake Bilbruck, a Gillespie native, is promoted to head coach succeeding 81-year-old Don Dobrino, who retired yet again.

http://www.thebengilpost.com/school-board-hires-new-head-coach-football-discusses-absenteeism
To be fair to coach Dobrino, I don't think he wanted to retire the first time at Gillespie and than after Mt Olive, I don't think he ever expected to be a HC again. But they appealed to his heartstrings to help them out and I guess he couldn't say no. At least that's how it was presented at the time. I don't think he's one of those serial job jumpers.

Said by the guy who is going to his 7th different HS and 3rd different Head Coaching job....
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 am

19delta wrote:
Interesting...

What did you find attractive about the job? Looking at the last couple seasons, the program (it is a co-op, right?) has struggled and you are going to playing in really tough conference.

Congratulations. I wish you well and hope that you can have the same success that you had at your last stop.

Their record last season was a little deceiving. They started strong but were derailed by key injuries. They started a freshmen QB the last 3-4 weeks. They won the CIC 3 years ago and made the playoffs 2 years ago.

What did I find attractive? I guess that may be best answered with a list.
1. I've always liked Sullivan as a community and a school. You know how when you go to a place and as a visitor you always say "This would be a nice place to work"? Sullivan is that place for me. Good support, seemingly rational fans, nice school and facilities, good kids.

2. They have zero hour/athletic PE. Something CG flat told me could never happen. That eliminates 6 hours out of my life January-May. They have a good program, they make sure all the kids get in the class, they have a good teacher that takes pride in doing it right. To have that already in place is a great benefit.

3. Teaching- My workload here has become pretty insane. I currently teach 6 of 7 hours (not that that is abnormal) but it's 5 different classes- World History, Am History x2, Driver Ed, Sociology, Government. Last semester they put me in PE, which I am not certified for, so our AD could have a 3rd hour for AD/Prep. At Sullivan I am going to be doing primarily driver ed with a couple SS. Plus, I mean, it's a decent raise. Not a ton, but I will reduce my workload from CG- full time teacher, HC of football and Scholastic Bowl, mowing in the summer and doing driver ed after school to Sullivan- full time teacher, HC of football. And still get a raise.

4. This may seem whiny, but honestly, feeling wanted. Over the past couple years CG has had a few opportunities to throw a dog a bone and have not. I'm not talking big bones like paying me to teach half a day and just coach, but there's been a few decisions made that could have went one way or another and they have all went the other the past 2-3 years (AD job, moving rooms, whether or not to put me in PE or give me an extra prep during FB season, making me a class sponsor (Which, the main fundraiser for the Jr class is concession stand at football games- I never figured out how that was going to work) etc). Whether it's right or not, after a while you start to fee unappreciated. Rather than become one of those people that become super bitter and out for an agenda and to grind axes, I just decided it was time to take my talents elsewhere.

5. We've changed admins recently and it has not been a good experience for either side. I'll just leave it at that.

I could go on, but it would probably get to be more seemingly whiny and this post is already too mammoth as it is. I'll just say it's like WWI. No individual reason is "THE" reason I left, but added altogether over time and it was time. Sullivan just happens to be a job I've always been interested in and one I don't have to uproot my family once again to take.

I guess in this post I've both tried to explain my interested in Sullivan along with why I left CG. Hope I didn't put too many of you to sleep.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:58 am

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:
Interesting...

Their record last season was a little deceiving.  They started strong but were derailed by key injuries.  They started a freshmen QB the last 3-4 weeks.  They won the CIC 3 years ago and made the playoffs 2 years ago.  

What did I find attractive?  I guess that may be best answered with a list.
1.  I've always liked Sullivan as a community and a school.  You know how when you go to a place and as a visitor you always say "This would be a nice place to work"?  Sullivan is that place for me.  Good support, seemingly rational fans, nice school and facilities, good kids.

2.  They have zero hour/athletic PE.  Something CG flat told me could never happen.  That eliminates 6 hours out of my life January-May.  They have a good program, they make sure all the kids get in the class, they have a good teacher that takes pride in doing it right.  To have that already in place is a great benefit.

3.  Teaching- My workload here has become pretty insane.  I currently teach 6 of 7 hours (not that that is abnormal) but it's 5 different classes- World History, Am History x2, Driver Ed, Sociology, Government.  Last semester they put me in PE, which I am not certified for, so our AD could have a 3rd hour for AD/Prep.  At Sullivan I am going to be doing primarily driver ed with a couple SS.  Plus, I mean, it's a decent raise.  Not a ton, but I will reduce my workload from CG- full time teacher, HC of football and Scholastic Bowl, mowing in the summer and doing driver ed after school to Sullivan- full time teacher, HC of football.  And still get a raise.

4.  This may seem whiny, but honestly, feeling wanted.  Over the past couple years CG has had a few opportunities to throw a dog a bone and have not.  I'm not talking big bones like paying me to teach half a day and just coach, but there's been a few decisions made that could have went one way or another and they have all went the other the past 2-3 years (AD job, moving rooms, whether or not to put me in PE or give me an extra prep during FB season, making me a class sponsor (Which, the main fundraiser for the Jr class is concession stand at football games- I never figured out how that was going to work) etc).  Whether it's right or not, after a while you start to fee unappreciated.  Rather than become one of those people that become super bitter and out for an agenda and to grind axes, I just decided it was time to take my talents elsewhere.

5.  We've changed admins recently and it has not been a good experience for either side.  I'll just leave it at that.

I could go on, but it would probably get to be more seemingly whiny and this post is already too mammoth as it is.  I'll just say it's like WWI.  No individual reason is "THE" reason I left, but added altogether over time and it was time.  Sullivan just happens to be a job I've always been interested in and one I don't have to uproot my family once again to take.  

I guess in this post I've both tried to explain my interested in Sullivan along with why I left CG.  Hope I didn't put too many of you to sleep.

Congrats on the job. Sullivan was our rival through JH and HS but I always had respect for them. I did a practicum there back in college and thought the same as you, that it would be a good place to work.

Looks like a good move on your part. Good luck.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:
Interesting...

Their record last season was a little deceiving.  They started strong but were derailed by key injuries.  They started a freshmen QB the last 3-4 weeks.  They won the CIC 3 years ago and made the playoffs 2 years ago.  

What did I find attractive?  I guess that may be best answered with a list.
1.  I've always liked Sullivan as a community and a school.  You know how when you go to a place and as a visitor you always say "This would be a nice place to work"?  Sullivan is that place for me.  Good support, seemingly rational fans, nice school and facilities, good kids.

2.  They have zero hour/athletic PE.  Something CG flat told me could never happen.  That eliminates 6 hours out of my life January-May.  They have a good program, they make sure all the kids get in the class, they have a good teacher that takes pride in doing it right.  To have that already in place is a great benefit.

3.  Teaching- My workload here has become pretty insane.  I currently teach 6 of 7 hours (not that that is abnormal) but it's 5 different classes- World History, Am History x2, Driver Ed, Sociology, Government.  Last semester they put me in PE, which I am not certified for, so our AD could have a 3rd hour for AD/Prep.  At Sullivan I am going to be doing primarily driver ed with a couple SS.  Plus, I mean, it's a decent raise.  Not a ton, but I will reduce my workload from CG- full time teacher, HC of football and Scholastic Bowl, mowing in the summer and doing driver ed after school to Sullivan- full time teacher, HC of football.  And still get a raise.

4.  This may seem whiny, but honestly, feeling wanted.  Over the past couple years CG has had a few opportunities to throw a dog a bone and have not.  I'm not talking big bones like paying me to teach half a day and just coach, but there's been a few decisions made that could have went one way or another and they have all went the other the past 2-3 years (AD job, moving rooms, whether or not to put me in PE or give me an extra prep during FB season, making me a class sponsor (Which, the main fundraiser for the Jr class is concession stand at football games- I never figured out how that was going to work) etc).  Whether it's right or not, after a while you start to fee unappreciated.  Rather than become one of those people that become super bitter and out for an agenda and to grind axes, I just decided it was time to take my talents elsewhere.

5.  We've changed admins recently and it has not been a good experience for either side.  I'll just leave it at that.

I could go on, but it would probably get to be more seemingly whiny and this post is already too mammoth as it is.  I'll just say it's like WWI.  No individual reason is "THE" reason I left, but added altogether over time and it was time.  Sullivan just happens to be a job I've always been interested in and one I don't have to uproot my family once again to take.  

I guess in this post I've both tried to explain my interested in Sullivan along with why I left CG.  Hope I didn't put too many of you to sleep.

Well, it sounds like a great fit. The reduction in your teaching load alone probably makes it worthwhile. Good for you, Coach...best of luck!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mcscot91 Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:52 am

Tony Shiffman, a Springfield, IL native and Illinois College Alum, is on the Board agenda for next Monday to be approved as the new head football coach at Fort Madison, IA.

mcscot91
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next