Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 4 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by ramblinman Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:48 am

The job is Foles' to lose.

NFL history is littered with ultimately solid-to-great quarterbacks who had very below average starts to their careers. This is not to say that Trubisky will be one of those, but losing the starting job might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for him if he has what it takes to make lemonade out of lemons.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 am

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The wind can be a little tricky at Soldier Field. Kevin Butler used to talk about that and he kicked well there. I recall him beating the Packers one year with a kick over 50 yards.
I think it's gotten more messed up in the new space ship.

I think you are absolutely correct.  Before the renovations, it was much lower to the ground.  Now, with the two sides extended up and the gaps in the corners, I think it really makes the wind do crazy things.  

I thought those renovations happened in 2004? Butler had some really good years kicking in Soldier Field after 2004.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 am

lefty120 wrote:The one thing Trubisky can do is run...and he isn't horrible throwing on the run...I'll be interested to see if Nagy includes him in the game plan similar to the kid from New Orleans as a change up.  

I agree OSU, I think Cohen injury will hurt them more in the passing game than run game.  

And BH, I agree with you also...I think this year is it...if they don't do something, Pace will be gone and so will many of the high price guys.  Makes you wonder if that's why they've been hesitant to extend Robinson...if they win this year and can extend this window for one more year, franchise tag him and see what happens.  

Id say offensively
Whitehair and Daniels on the OL and Montgomery and Kmet are building blocks to keep. Cant trade ARob without a new deal. Dont know if Miller is worth keeping or selling have to see how Foles and him work together.

Defensively - the Rookie Johnson at CB and Eddie Jackson with his deal are building blocks along with Roquan Smith.

Mack, Hicks, Fuller, Quinn all starting to get up there in age where their Value might decline.

The Offensive Line and Quarterback positions are the biggest need of this team and will help the team in all other areas.

Defensively Eddie Goldman I think has been a big loss and they need a fast playmaking LB next to Roquan. A holding call on whoever is blocking Mack once in awhile might be good too that guy gets abused.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:03 am

I thought Smith was terrible for most of the game. D need to to make stops in 1st half.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Teetime wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The wind can be a little tricky at Soldier Field. Kevin Butler used to talk about that and he kicked well there. I recall him beating the Packers one year with a kick over 50 yards.

I think you are absolutely correct.  Before the renovations, it was much lower to the ground.  Now, with the two sides extended up and the gaps in the corners, I think it really makes the wind do crazy things.  

I thought those renovations happened in 2004? Butler had some really good years kicking in Soldier Field after 2004.

Renovated in 2002 (Champaign season), opened week 4 Monday night vs Steelers in 2003...with Kordell Stewart at QB 🤦‍�

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Invested a 2nd Round pick in Cole Kmet. Throught 3 games he has 2 Targets and 1 Catch. You cant tell me he cant get open in this league.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Invested a 2nd Round pick in Cole Kmet.  Throught 3 games he has 2 Targets and 1 Catch.  You cant tell me he cant get open in this league.

Jimmy Graham looks like the player he was several years ago when he played for the Saints.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:46 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Invested a 2nd Round pick in Cole Kmet.  Throught 3 games he has 2 Targets and 1 Catch.  You cant tell me he cant get open in this league.

He can't get open in this league...he's a slightly better version of Adam Shaheen in my opinion...he may run a bit better, but he wasn't super impressive at separating when he was at Sally N D either. LB's and DB's are way more athletic and physical in the NFL now...he's a 3-4 year guy in my opinion. Probably to early to tell, but that's my gut feeling.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Invested a 2nd Round pick in Cole Kmet. Throught 3 games he has 2 Targets and 1 Catch. You cant tell me he cant get open in this league.

I always thought this pick was more of a PR move since he is from the Burbs. He was not overly impressive at ND but People love it when locals get drafted.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:38 pm

lefty120 wrote:

He can't get open in this league...he's a slightly better version of Adam Shaheen in my opinion...he may run a bit better, but he wasn't super impressive at separating when he was at Sally N D either.  LB's and DB's are way more athletic and physical in the NFL now...he's a 3-4 year guy in my opinion.  Probably to early to tell, but that's my gut feeling.  

Never a good thing when your draft a 3 to 4 year project in the 2nd round but then again this is the Chicago Bears. I shouldnt care about them so much but I just feel bad for my poor dad and his years of suffering. Im just gonna go up and watch my Baltimore Ravens and the team their great front office continue to put a winning product on the field.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:

He can't get open in this league...he's a slightly better version of Adam Shaheen in my opinion...he may run a bit better, but he wasn't super impressive at separating when he was at Sally N D either.  LB's and DB's are way more athletic and physical in the NFL now...he's a 3-4 year guy in my opinion.  Probably to early to tell, but that's my gut feeling.  

Never a good thing when your draft a 3 to 4 year project in the 2nd round but then again this is the Chicago Bears.  I shouldnt care about them so much but I just feel bad for my poor dad and his years of suffering.  Im just gonna go up and watch my Baltimore Ravens and the team their great front office continue to put a winning product on the field.

I could see Ravens vs Chiefs for the AFC Championship. Never count Belichick and NE out though. There's no one better than Belichick.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Ravens have been huge disappointment losing in 1st round of last 2 years. You can probably throw Pittsburgh in that mix as well.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:09 pm

dusty7 wrote:

I always thought this pick was more of a PR move since he is from the Burbs.  He was not overly impressive at ND but People love it when locals get drafted.

I don't know anything about the NFL draft, but does that really happen in the NFL? A second round pick gets used for public relations?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 pm

Teetime wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Kevin Butler retired in 1997. He left the Bears in 1995.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Kevin Butler retired in 1997. He left the Bears in 1995.

Of course he did. I was thinking of Robby Gould.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:23 pm

lefty120 wrote:
It can't be overlooked the loss of Cohen...what will they do at RB now?  We can't survive with Montgomery and Patterson only.  I'd expect them to make a move there at some point soon, either today or tomorrow.  
Why? Cohen has 785 yards of rushing and receiving combined since 2018. That's 41 yards of offense a game average. That's easily replaceable.

The guy's been living off 2018 for 2 years.

EDIT- He's also only scored 3 TDs since 2018.

Last edited by Head Idiot on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Kevin Butler retired in 1997. He left the Bears in 1995.

Of course he did. I was thinking of Robby Gould.
With the Bears he was a 84/85ish percent kicker. His best season was 89%. Since leaving the Bears he's been a 92% kicker.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 am

Jimmy Graham is still very productive in the Redzone. Other than that he is washed up except for the Occasional stick route with the defense playing off. He has zero ability right now to get behind the LBs and make plays between the hashes.

Agree with HI about Cohen he made a splash in 18 but his production since has been minimal.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:43 am

Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
It can't be overlooked the loss of Cohen...what will they do at RB now?  We can't survive with Montgomery and Patterson only.  I'd expect them to make a move there at some point soon, either today or tomorrow.  
Why? Cohen has 785 yards of rushing and receiving combined since 2018. That's 41 yards of offense a game average. That's easily replaceable.

The guy's been living off 2018 for 2 years.

EDIT- He's also only scored 3 TDs since 2018.

I’d tend to agree. My statement was mainly from a depth standpoint. I read yesterday they may activate this young kid from Wash. St...heard good things in ore season about him. Cohen has been shell of himself since 2018...mainly why I was so frustrated when they extended him.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Gotcha
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Bears take their first loss 19-11 to the Colts today. I think the Colts are a playoff team, their D is good on all 3 levels. Their defensive front whipped the Bear's OLine and the Bears couldn't run the ball. That sums up why they lost. The Bear's D played pretty well today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:31 pm

You can't blame Trubisky for that sack of shit. Foles isn't it either.

I really hope they lose out. I'm tired of Nagy's bullshit.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Also, at what point will Patterson quit running the ball out of the endzone 7yds deep on a KOR? Oh wait, when you get it back to the 20 that helps your average. To hell with the team's field position.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:01 pm

"Colts defense was outstanding today and it’s apparent the Bears offensive problems aren’t all the fault of Mitch Trubisky."- Tony Dungy
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:47 am

"The Bears are who they thought we're" maybe 500 if we are lucky. Once again, we need a new coach and general manger. same song different decade Sad
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next