Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 3 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by ramblinman Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:42 am

1. Miller has to play better.
2. Trubisky is not a pocket QB, and he is being forced to be one.
3. Horseshit defensive pass interference call against Jackson nullifying the INT return for a TD. He was clearly making a play for the ball.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am

1. Trubisky is an average qb...whether inside or outside the pocket. The first int. was definitely on him...late throw.
2. Jackson's int was interference in my opinion...and so was the last play of the game...which wasn't called.
3. Quinn and Mack take plays off...and it hurts them big time.
4. Rookie corner is going to be very good if he continues on this path.
5. OL is improved and I too like Montgomery...lack of running back depth is going to hurt. Cohen gets extended before Robinson and he gets what, 5 touches yesterday...really??
6. We are gashing them on the ground and on 3rd and 4th and short we get cute...again.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:36 pm

lefty120 wrote:1.  Trubisky is an average qb...whether inside or outside the pocket.  The first int. was definitely on him...late throw.  
2.  Jackson's int was interference in my opinion...and so was the last play of the game...which wasn't called.
3.  Quinn and Mack take plays off...and it hurts them big time.  
4.  Rookie corner is going to be very good if he continues on this path.
5.  OL is improved and I too like Montgomery...lack of running back depth is going to hurt.  Cohen gets extended before Robinson and he gets what, 5 touches yesterday...really??
6.  We are gashing them on the ground and on 3rd and 4th and short we get cute...again.

Yes..
7:36 left in the game
1st and 10 - 11 yard gain - clock running
1st and 10 - 10 yard gain - clock running
1st and 10 - -1 yd pass, out of bounds, clock stops

It is almost like Nagy just feels like he has to throw the ball for the sake of throwing the ball. In a game where you are losing momentum, run the ball, stay in bounds, and hope for a short 3rd down you can convert.

Same series
1st and 25 - 23 yard gain - clock running
2nd and 2 - no gain - Giant's TO
4:01 Left - 3rd and 2 - incomplete pass to Robinson - clock stops - why not at least attempt to run the ball, if you don't get it, use a TO before delay of game - the FG attempt is only 4 yards longer than what you tried earlier.

Also, special teams are not special at all, the Bears will likely lose a game or two this year because of kicking. KC's kicker hit a 58 and a 30 along with another 53, false start penalty, made a 58, SD called time out, and made a 58 again to win the game.
4th and 2 - was a complete fluke of a play, this kind of luck will eventually run out.

OL looked really good but also, how good is the Giants Defensive front?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:58 pm

The Tribune guy, Biggs, is the main Bears beat writer...I like him and he always has great insight...but the one thing he and I have disagreed on over the last couple years is how elite he thinks Cohen is as a punt returner...in my opinion, he lets to many balls drop resulting in lost field position.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 pm

lefty120 wrote:The Tribune guy, Biggs, is the main Bears beat writer...I like him and he always has great insight...but the one thing he and I have disagreed on over the last couple years is how elite he thinks Cohen is as a punt returner...in my opinion, he lets to many balls drop resulting in lost field position.  
They would be much better off with Patterson returning punts.

But I don't think he can catch. I can't understand any other reason they keep handing the ball off to him and never throwing it to him.

Again, I can't stand Nagy. I'm glad others are starting to see why he drives me insane.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Since Robbie Gould left Chicago their kickers have ranked at the bottom of the league. Their kicker missed one near the end of the game yesterday. As soon as it left his foot you knew it didn't have a chance.
On the Giants one TD drive the Bears appeared to have them stopped at one point but the ref hit Roquan Smith with a 15 yard penalty for hitting the QB. As replay showed Smith never hit the QB.
The Bears are 2-0 but I see 8-8 as best case scenario based on what I've seen so far.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm

Again, Robbie Gold wasn't that great his last year in Chicago either. It's hard to kick in that stadium. Gold kicks in more favorable conditions now than a lot of domes.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:14 pm

dusty7 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:1.  Trubisky is an average qb...whether inside or outside the pocket.  The first int. was definitely on him...late throw.  
2.  Jackson's int was interference in my opinion...and so was the last play of the game...which wasn't called.
3.  Quinn and Mack take plays off...and it hurts them big time.  
4.  Rookie corner is going to be very good if he continues on this path.
5.  OL is improved and I too like Montgomery...lack of running back depth is going to hurt.  Cohen gets extended before Robinson and he gets what, 5 touches yesterday...really??
6.  We are gashing them on the ground and on 3rd and 4th and short we get cute...again.

Yes..
7:36 left in the game
1st and 10 - 11 yard gain - clock running
1st and 10 - 10 yard gain - clock running
1st and 10 - -1 yd pass, out of bounds, clock stops

It is almost like Nagy just feels like he has to throw the ball for the sake of throwing the ball.  In a game where you are losing momentum, run the ball, stay in bounds, and hope for a short 3rd down you can convert.

Same series
1st and 25 - 23 yard gain - clock running
2nd and 2 - no gain - Giant's TO
4:01 Left - 3rd and 2 - incomplete pass to Robinson - clock stops - why not at least attempt to run the ball, if you don't get it, use a TO before delay of game - the FG attempt is only 4 yards longer than what you tried earlier.  

Also, special teams are not special at all, the Bears will likely lose a game or two this year because of kicking.  KC's kicker hit a 58 and a 30 along with another 53, false start penalty, made a 58, SD called time out, and made a 58 again to win the game.  
4th and 2 - was a complete fluke of a play, this kind of luck will eventually run out.

OL looked really good but also, how good is the Giants Defensive front?
Terrible clock management cost the the Giants game 2 years ago as well.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:14 pm

The wind can be a little tricky at Soldier Field. Kevin Butler used to talk about that and he kicked well there. I recall him beating the Packers one year with a kick over 50 yards.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:55 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The wind can be a little tricky at Soldier Field. Kevin Butler used to talk about that and he kicked well there. I recall him beating the Packers one year with a kick over 50 yards.
I think it's gotten more messed up in the new space ship.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The wind can be a little tricky at Soldier Field. Kevin Butler used to talk about that and he kicked well there. I recall him beating the Packers one year with a kick over 50 yards.
I think it's gotten more messed up in the new space ship.

I think you are absolutely correct. Before the renovations, it was much lower to the ground. Now, with the two sides extended up and the gaps in the corners, I think it really makes the wind do crazy things.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 am

Call me a pussy, but I still cry every time I watch Brian's Song. Great player, great teammate, great man.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 am

lefty120 wrote:

Call me a pussy, but I still cry every time I watch Brian's Song.  Great player, great teammate, great man.  
I've only watched it once.

That was enough. Crying or Very sad
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:39 pm

lefty120 wrote:

Call me a pussy, but I still cry every time I watch Brian's Song.  Great player, great teammate, great man.  

my high school football coach, paul thomason, was brian piccolo's neighbor. he would always bring piccolo up during history class. he had a hand written letter from him, framed and hanging on his wall in his office.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:51 pm

So if you're the Bears HC who do you start at QB next week? In case you missed the game today Foles entered the game today late 3rd quarter with the Bears trailing 26-10. He threw 3 TD passes in the 4th to lead the Bears to a 30-26 win. I'd roll with Foles next week, he earned it today IMO.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Foles, no doubt in my mind. The first few drives were rough but the whole te seemed to have more energy once they started catching balls.

The Bears are getting lucky against some bad teams, i still have very little faith in them and the loss of Cohen will hurt but not as bad as many think.

They need to play better on all facets of the game and need to do it for 4 quarters.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:56 pm

The pig headedness of Nagy's playcalling with Trubisky shouldn't be discounted. We know what he is, we know what he can do, so let's not play to it, but continue to call our "system".

You have to go with Foles. This year is all they have. The window is closing fast. The defense outside Smith and some Dbs is getting old fast. If Robinson leaves, you don't have much on offense outside Montgomery.

Extending Cohen before Robinson was a terrible idea. He hasn't done dick since 2018. I could also go without anymore Patterson carries.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:55 am

GM need to go. Can we vote him out on Nov. 3rd?
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:01 am

newcom wrote:GM need to go. Can we vote him out on Nov. 3rd?
I think he's done some good things- the Mack trade was robbery- but he's gotten into trouble when listening to Nagy IMO.

I think if this year goes south, the Bears will be in the market for a GM & HC as i think their fates are intertwined.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 am

Nagy pisses me off. Atlanta's DL was coming hard I think 4 times on a 1st and 10 run play they got a 4 or 5 yard TFL. You think he would run a screen pass with Mitch oh hell no but the 2nd or 3rd pass play for Foles was.

Im not going to sit here in gush over Foles considering he was playing against one of the leagues worst defenses that was also sitting back in a not to lose type defense. But in the end he did get the W.

Lastly Ill leave this breakdown of his 3 TD passes.

1. To Jimmy Graham in the end zone see Mitch week 1 vs Lions made exact same throw nothing special.

2. To A-Rob - Good lord can anyway tackle on Atlanta. A simple 8 to 10 yard catch goes for a TD.

3. To Anthony Miller - Why was there not a Safety anywhere near the middle of the field there. Falcons D is awful. Quinn should receive walking papers today.

Bears should be 0-3 but at the end of the day 3-0 is 3-0. Should get by the Colts before playing Tompa Bay
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 am

I think most even somewhat football educated people can agree that Trubisky has had the same issues since he started with the Bears...poor mechanics, lack of understanding of defenses, and due to those two things he's been terribly inconsistent with his accuracy on all types of throws. I think he's a good kid who works hard and is a team first guy...and I do believe he could have a decent career in this league as a backup, but right now he's not a #1.

Foles has to stay healthy...that's been a big issue for him throughout his career. If he doesn't, Trubisky will then be thrown back into the fire during the toughest part of our schedule.

It can't be overlooked the loss of Cohen...what will they do at RB now? We can't survive with Montgomery and Patterson only. I'd expect them to make a move there at some point soon, either today or tomorrow.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:24 am

Mitch was his own worst enemy. How many times did he throw off the back foot. Maybe a different system and a coach that plays to his strength he could have some success I dont know. While I always hoped it worked out I couldnt tell you who was the QB at UNC that played ahead of him and how Mitch went from a 1 year starter to #2 Pick. Foles might be ok as a band aid but how long can he stay healthy for.

Unpopular opinion if you dont make a serious run at it this year they should look to sell some of their pieces and start the rebuild and im including a guy like Mack while he still might have some Value. But that will be the New GMs problem to worry about.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:29 am

I'm hearing Cohen's injury is ACL so it sounds like he's done for the year. It hurts them in the passing game. The draft pick on Montgomery looks like a good one. He's not a burner but a very tough runner with great balance. Trubisky doesn't exactly remind you of Russell Wilson when throwing the deep ball, he's never been good at that. Right now it looks like Trubisky will have a career as an NFL backup.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am

The one thing Trubisky can do is run...and he isn't horrible throwing on the run...I'll be interested to see if Nagy includes him in the game plan similar to the kid from New Orleans as a change up.

I agree OSU, I think Cohen injury will hurt them more in the passing game than run game.

And BH, I agree with you also...I think this year is it...if they don't do something, Pace will be gone and so will many of the high price guys. Makes you wonder if that's why they've been hesitant to extend Robinson...if they win this year and can extend this window for one more year, franchise tag him and see what happens.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next