Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 26 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:12 pm

lefty120 wrote:Politics in our country has turned into a nightmare...as shown on this board the last 9 months.  But man, it's hard to not think that MTG lady from Georgia is anything but bat shit crazy...and there's people who elected her...lots of them.  She's a disgrace to the name! Very Happy

I bet a lot of the people who voted for her had no idea who they were actually voting for. Probably just selected her because of the (R) next to her name.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:22 pm

dusty7 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:Politics in our country has turned into a nightmare...as shown on this board the last 9 months.  But man, it's hard to not think that MTG lady from Georgia is anything but bat shit crazy...and there's people who elected her...lots of them.  She's a disgrace to the name! Very Happy

I bet a lot of the people who voted for her had no idea who they were actually voting for. Probably just selected her because of the (R) next to her name.

The person MTG ran against was a Doctor. Other than that i know nothing more. That alone probably makes her opponent smarter than her. I know people, most who live in rural areas who simply vote for the person with the R next to their name. Unfortunately there are some who identify as Republicans who agree with her though that killing prominent Democrats is a viable option. Some of those like minded folks were in the Capitol on January 6.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:49 pm

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia%27s_14th_Congressional_District_election,_2020

District analysis
The 2017  for this district was R+27, meaning that in the previous two presidential elections, this district's results were 27 percentage points more Republican than the national average. This made Georgia's 14th Congressional District the 10th most Republican nationally.[6]

This was from the 2016 election, but it still paints a picture of the district's residents.  Pretty rabidly republican.
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:12 pm

The Nebraska GOP State Central Committee is considering a censure against Senator Ben Sasse for speaking out against Trump and his election conspiracy lies and his role in the Jan 6 debacle. Here is his response to them:

Amen!
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:40 pm

This guy has been in office since 2006 as a Democrat-
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:11 am

Head Idiot wrote:This guy has been in office since 2006 as a Democrat-

IMO, the things Greene has said are exponentially worse than this.

When Johnson said this back in 2006, he was rightly criticized for being an idiot. The guy got pounded. The story was everywhere. With that being said, being an idiot is a considerably lesser evil than sympathizing with and promoting violent, racist fantasies like Greene has done.

There are MAGA Republicans in Congress right now, not just Greene, who have said and done some truly despicable and incendiary things. And at the state and local levels, it's even more extreme. I don't think that there are many current elected Democrats who have advocated violent conspiracy theories to anywhere near the extent that Republicans have.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:59 am

19delta wrote:

When Johnson said this back in 2006, he was rightly criticized for being an idiot. The guy got pounded. The story was everywhere. With that being said, being an idiot is a considerably lesser evil than sympathizing with and promoting violent, racist fantasies like Greene has done.

There are MAGA Republicans in Congress right now, not just Greene, who have said and done some truly despicable and incendiary things. And at the state and local levels, it's even more extreme. I don't think that there are many current elected Democrats who have advocated violent conspiracy theories to anywhere near the extent that Republicans have.

Yep, the House GOP held a meeting this past Tuesday night in which Greene spoke. Afterward Greene was given a partial standing ovation. A majority of the GOP don’t agree with her but were hesitant to vote against her because they fear Trump, who still is a prominent force in the party. There are millions of Trump supporters in the US though who support the violence we saw in the capitol.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm

19delta wrote:

1. That Representative in the video just gave an interview where he said that the goal of the Capitol rioters wasn't insurrection, but to hang him and other black Representatives and Senators from the rafters.

2. There's plenty of Democrat conspiratorists. The difference the media pays them no attention, or checks them. Heck, they often help them in spreading it. Here's one- https://archive.thinkprogress.org/democratic-senator-putin-probably-has-blackmail-on-trump-096df55f87c1/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:15 pm

HI, get back to me when Democrat supporters attack the Capitol and beat and kill police officers.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:04 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
1. That Representative in the video just gave an interview where he said that the goal of the Capitol rioters wasn't insurrection, but to hang him and other black Representatives and Senators from the rafters.

And get back to me when he says HE wants to see McCarthy hang.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Head Idiot wrote:There's plenty of Democrat conspiratorists. The difference the media pays them no attention, or checks them. Heck, they often help them in spreading it. Here's one- https://archive.thinkprogress.org/democratic-senator-putin-probably-has-blackmail-on-trump-096df55f87c1/

When you say "conspiratorists" do you mean:

A) people who invent conspiracy theories and then swear they are true
B) gullible people that fall for the fake conspiracy theories invented by that first group
C) people who are party to an actual conspiracy that really exists

Which is it?

Senator Merkley seems like group B. I was in that group for a long time. It didn't seem out of character for Trump to entertain a group of Russian hookers and get himself filmed unknowingly. That seemed plausible. Don't you think?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:10 pm

OSUBucks wrote:HI, get back to me when Democrat supporters attack the Capitol and beat and kill police officers.
Rolling Eyes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_baseball_shooting

Last edited by Head Idiot on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:There's plenty of Democrat conspiratorists. The difference the media pays them no attention, or checks them. Heck, they often help them in spreading it. Here's one- https://archive.thinkprogress.org/democratic-senator-putin-probably-has-blackmail-on-trump-096df55f87c1/

When you say "conspiratorists" do you mean:

A) people who invent conspiracy theories and then swear they are true
B) gullible people that fall for the fake conspiracy theories invented by that first group
C) people who are party to an actual conspiracy that really exists

Which is it?

Senator Merkley seems like group B. I was in that group for a long time. It didn't seem out of character for Trump to entertain a group of Russian hookers and get himself filmed unknowingly. That seemed plausible. Don't you think?

I can't possibly think what you think is plausible. You think a pedophile is worthy of your support.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:23 pm

OSUBucks wrote:HI, get back to me when Democrat supporters attack the Capitol and beat and kill police officers.

So watched part of a Qanon doc on Vice today that brought up a good point, the media is using video and social media to Radicalize people into being far right or far left. This radicalization is the reason we are seeing violence and discourse replace peace and conversation.

A quote from an article I came across on the ongoing conflict in Portland explains radicalization perfectly, and I am paraphrasing. When you see videos and are bombarded by social media, you continue to see the deterioration of civil order, it reinforces you little wet dream of an apocalyptic outcome. This is what influences those that take extreme action.

Whether it's the Antifa, BLM, Proud Boys, QAnon, what have you, more and more groups will be developed on both sides and both sides will have the same goal, to get rid of the corruption, big money, and other elements of our government that have taken the voice away from the people. Their goal is to create chaos with the hopes that you can create some type of change, that was the goal for those that stormed the Capitol, and they won't be the last ones (aligned with Dems or Reps) take take a violent approach.

America is drifting further and further apart and it is instigated by the media and we the voters are brainwashed and follow our frame of reference to develop our perspective on the issues. Turks is just a microcosm not what is happening in the US, it starts off civil but it doesn't take long for the "You're Wrong" or the subtle insults on views, beliefs, and who people support to begin, I'm at fault for this as are others. But at the end of the day, the goal is the same, we all want a better government, we may have different ideas on the goals, but we all agree the system needs to be fixed.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:27 pm

dusty7 wrote:

So watched part of a Qanon doc on Vice today that brought up a good point, the media is using video and social media to Radicalize people into being far right or far left.  This radicalization is the reason we are seeing violence and discourse replace peace and conversation.

A quote from an article I came across on the ongoing conflict in Portland explains radicalization perfectly, and I am paraphrasing. When you see videos and are bombarded by social media, you continue to see the deterioration of civil order, it reinforces you little wet dream of an apocalyptic outcome. This is what influences those that take extreme action.  

Whether it's the Antifa, BLM, Proud Boys, QAnon, what have you, more and more groups will be developed on both sides and both sides will have the same goal, to get rid of the corruption, big money, and other elements of our government that have taken the voice away from the people. Their goal is to create chaos with the hopes that you can create some type of change, that was the goal for those that stormed the Capitol, and they won't be the last ones (aligned with Dems or Reps) take take a violent approach.  

America is drifting further and further apart and it is instigated by the media and we the voters are brainwashed and follow our frame of reference to develop our perspective on the issues. Turks is just a microcosm not what is happening in the US, it starts off civil but it doesn't take long for the "You're Wrong" or the subtle insults on views, beliefs, and who people support to begin, I'm at fault for this as are others. But at the end of the day, the goal is the same, we all want a better government, we may have different ideas on the goals, but we all agree the system needs to be fixed.  

I taped the first two episodes of that series, but haven't watched them yet. Was this the 3rd episode?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:Senator Merkley seems like group B. I was in that group for a long time. It didn't seem out of character for Trump to entertain a group of Russian hookers and get himself filmed unknowingly. That seemed plausible. Don't you think?

I can't possibly think what you think is plausible. You think a pedophile is worthy of your support.

You know that sounds just like Trump. You just won’t admit it.

By the way, I didn’t say a pedophile is worthy of my support. You made that up. Which of those conspiratorist categories does that put you in?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 pm

No. You have to own that crazy shit. You flat said that if a pedophile could get rid of Donald Trump you would support him.

Frankly, it's one of the most astonishingly bat shit crazy things ever said here and just proves how far gone you are.

Last edited by Head Idiot on Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:47 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

So watched part of a Qanon doc on Vice today that brought up a good point, the media is using video and social media to Radicalize people into being far right or far left.  This radicalization is the reason we are seeing violence and discourse replace peace and conversation.

I taped the first two episodes of that series, but haven't watched them yet. Was this the 3rd episode?

I have no idea, I was feeding the baby when I got home from Bball practice and only caught a few minutes.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:52 pm

dusty7 wrote:
I have no idea, I was feeding the baby when I got home from Bball practice and only caught a few minutes.  
Fair enough.

Vice is pretty left leaning, but they're relatively down the middle in calling out BS. I really like their documentaries and used to show a series of the Mariana Van Zeller docs on opioid addiction in my sociology class. It followed the trail from their getting hooked on the pills prescribed to them by doctors, to full blown heroin addiction to the rise of krokodil in Russia.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:53 pm

Sorry to interject but
Teetime wrote:
If his skill set would have enabled him to pry clear thinking Republicans from the grip of the worst President in American history, Donald Trump, then the stench I would have smelled from a donation to the cause of a known pedophile who helped to oust Trump would have been worth the result.

HI is not making this up, these were your words Tee. You may be using a bit of word salad but I interpret this as you saying a donation to a known pedophile was with the results.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:54 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Fair enough.

Vice is pretty left leaning, but they're relatively down the middle in calling out BS. I really like their documentaries and used to show a series of the Mariana Van Zeller docs on opioid addiction in my sociology class. It followed the trail from their getting hooked on the pills prescribed to them by doctors, to full blown heroin addiction to the rise of krokodil in Russia.

I agree 100%. They are left leaning but they are not afraid to call out the BS by both the left and the right.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:

2. There's plenty of Democrat conspiratorists. The difference the media pays them no attention, or checks them. Heck, they often help them in spreading it. Here's one- https://archive.thinkprogress.org/democratic-senator-putin-probably-has-blackmail-on-trump-096df55f87c1/

But the Trump pee tape thing is NOT batshit insane. Would you be shocked if that story WAS true?

Given Trump's personality, it's certainly plausible. Far more so than believing in Jewish space lasers, staged school shootings, and that 9/11 was an inside job.

And the Trump pee tape conspiracy isn't violent.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:10 pm

I don't believe the pee thing given the Donald's germaphobia.

9/11 truth started as a leftist theory to discredit/go after W.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:24 pm

From a 2007 Rasmussen poll-
"Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure." and "Republicans reject that view and, by a 7-to-1 margin, say the President did not know in advance about the attacks
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:43 pm

Head Idiot wrote:From a 2007 Rasmussen poll-
"Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure." and "Republicans reject that view and, by a 7-to-1 margin, say the President did not know in advance about the attacks

Greene is not just a Republican. She is a Republican in Congress.

What Democratic member of Congress said 9/11 was an inside job?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum