Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus III

+18
Dawgdad
ging
ramblinman
mc140
4a(6afornet)north
Huck
19delta
OldTitan
tm
dusty7
net
wolverine55
lefty120
Head Idiot
tps
OSUBucks
Teetime
BirdWatcher
22 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus III - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus III

Post by tps Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:21 am

hmm, why would government officials keep good news from the public? I wonder if this is happening in other places? 

"We raised taxes 34 percent and put hundreds literally thousands of people out of work that are now worried about losing their homes their apartments etcetera and we did it on bogus data. That should be illegal!" he says.
Again, we weren’t told by the mayor’s office this wasn’t true. We were told to file a freedom of information act request.
Which allows us now to ask the question.why are you keeping this from us? Why would you even want to? Its just the real numbers and what could possibly be an honorable motive?"

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:14 am

Teetime wrote:Trump lost by 2.1%

Huh. I had Trump winning by 16%... 306 EC votes to 232.

The true purpose of the NYT "prediction" was voter suppression. Why bother to get out and vote, Trump's gonna get creamed....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 am

BirdWatcher wrote:The true purpose of the NYT "prediction" was voter suppression.  Why bother to get out and vote, Trump's gonna get creamed....

Then why would FOX news show Clinton up by 7% if voter suppression was the goal?

Predicting Clinton has a 91% chance to win is not really polling at all. It is based on statistical analysis, and it takes the polls into account, but it isn't polling. It's purpose is to sell newspapers.

If the (18-0) Patriots were playing the (11-eight) Bears in the Super Bowl, ESPN would come up with a probability of the Pat's winning of 92% (my guess) but the purpose isn't to suppress viewership.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:15 am

tps wrote:hmm, why would government officials keep good news from the public? I wonder if this is happening in other places? 

"We raised taxes 34 percent and put hundreds literally thousands of people out of work that are now worried about losing their homes their apartments etcetera and we did it on bogus data. That should be illegal!" he says.
Again, we weren’t told by the mayor’s office this wasn’t true. We were told to file a freedom of information act request.
Which allows us now to ask the question.why are you keeping this from us? Why would you even want to? Its just the real numbers and what could possibly be an honorable motive?"

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation
When this is all over, and years down the road, you're going to find that a lot of things were finagled and sometimes, you were just flat lied to.

But, "we're saving lives" now. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 am

Listened to a conversation on a local morning talk show (Beyers and Co- don't listen. The Byers guy is a self righteous clown, but it was on my radio when I started my truck and I didn't change it before this conversation).

During this conversation they said bars and restaurants were dangerous because of the presence of "bad air". Apparently, in their minds (keep in mind they're constantly saying how all of these decisions are science based) since your inside you're at a higher risk because the bad air can't be "cleaned" of the virus fast enough. That's some Dark Ages Black Death level science right there.

In fact, during the Black Death, the Pope sat all day every day between two fires while burning incense and having flowers constantly brought in to ward off the "bad air". Maybe that's what we should do now to ward of this current "deadly, deadly disease".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

center likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:21 pm

Our A/C is cranked up and we are told to open our windows 3”-4” to increase ventilation of fresh air. Now, I have no idea if this works or not...but air seems to be moving through our building even on calm days outside. Again, does this move Corona out of our building to keep people safe? I have no idea.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:41 pm

lefty120 wrote:Our A/C is cranked up and we are told to open our windows 3”-4” to increase ventilation of fresh air. Now, I have no idea if this works or not...but air seems to be moving through our building even on calm days outside. Again, does this move Corona out of our building to keep people safe?  I have no idea.
That is incredibly insane.

If the virus can survive long enough periods in the air for you to catch it by walking through someone else's "air" that is supposed to be 6 feet away from you, all circulating the air will do is move it around the room and thus potentially infecting more people. Without commenting on the environmental irresponsibility, increased cost to taxpayers and potential overload of the school's HVAC systems...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:54 pm

Agree with all of that...this whole thing is messed up...I compare all the things we are doing with Corona to teacher evaluation. None of it really will make a huge difference in the long run...but the public sees it as ‘schools keeping people safe’...Evals: more paperwork means creating more of a trail that tells the public we are making teachers better...all crap in my opinion.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:49 pm

A lot of school mismanagement is being exposed by Coronavirus, although maybe even more so at the college level than high school. I'm sorry but very few things are actually being cut because of the virus. Things are being cut because of years of mismanaging money; the virus is just the excuse to do so.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 and center like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:25 pm

The Governor said yesterday that as long as the Positivity rate was above zero there wouldn't be football. Yes he actually said that. For Thursday the statewide positivity is 3.6%. Meanwhile other Midwest states are playing safely.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Governor said yesterday that as long as the Positivity rate was above zero there wouldn't be football. Yes he actually said that. For Thursday the statewide positivity is 3.6%. Meanwhile other Midwest states are playing safely.

illinois is like north korea. kim jung pritzker says no football for you!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:54 am

Teetime wrote:Then why would FOX news show Clinton up by 7% if voter suppression was the goal?

I don't consider Fox pro-Trump. I don't watch TV so I'm just guessing, but other than Hannity and a few "personality" fan boys, Fox is no different than CNN or MSDNC.

Didn't Fox put Paul Ryan on their Board?

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:59 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:Then why would FOX news show Clinton up by 7% if voter suppression was the goal?

I don't consider Fox pro-Trump.  I don't watch TV so I'm just guessing, but other than Hannity and a few "personality" fan boys, Fox is no different than CNN or MSDNC.

You don't think Paul Ryan is pro-Trump? I'm asking honestly, I don't know.

If I ran a big publicly traded corporation, I would ask Paul Ryan to be on the board. I think he is very, very smart.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 am

BirdWatcher wrote:

I don't consider Fox pro-Trump.  I don't watch TV so I'm just guessing, but other than Hannity and a few "personality" fan boys, Fox is no different than CNN or MSDNC.

You must not watch TV, which is good for you; Fox is absolutely Pro-Trump...just like CNN is absolutely Pro-Biden. They're both a joke and spew out misinformation to fuel their agenda's. CBS is where it's at.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 am

Teetime wrote:You don't think Paul Ryan is pro-Trump? I'm asking honestly, I don't know.

No. He put the brakes on Trump's agenda while the GOP held the House. Then he bolted.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 am

lefty120 wrote:You must not watch TV, which is good for you

I used to hack DirecTV for years -- 700 channels -- still nothing worth watching.

I haven't watched TV since 2007

Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:15 am

Teetime wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:

You don't think Paul Ryan is pro-Trump? I'm asking honestly, I don't know.

If I ran a big publicly traded corporation, I would ask Paul Ryan to be on the board. I think he is very, very smart.

I've been a Democrat for the better part of my life, however have voted for Republicans as well...I consider myself to be a moderate type guy...but my goodness, anybody who supports Trump and his version of the Republican party (if you can even call it that; same for the Democrats have you) and didn't take a step back to say 'hmmmm', when Paul Ryan stepped away a few years ago is really misinformed. That guy, even if you didn't agree with his politics, was obviously a solid public servant and a sharp guy. I respected the heck out of him when he was involved with our government; but after Trump was elected, he couldn't get out of there fast enough. That says something in my opinion.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:17 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
lefty120 wrote:You must not watch TV, which is good for you

I used to hack DirecTV for years -- 700 channels -- still nothing worth watching.

I haven't watched TV since 2007

You need to get Netflix...or Prime...it'll change your life. Great shows, great stories, and no advertising. We'd bounce Directv if it wasn't for the Sunday ticket. And that's on life support as my financial advisor is getting more and more frustrated with their rates. But the boys and I are standing firm.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:18 am

lefty120 wrote:I've been a Democrat for the better part of my life... [Ryan] I respected the heck out of him when he was involved with our government

My in-laws are dyed-in-the-wool big Union Democrats. They thought Paul Ryan was the anti-Christ.

I think he knew his Presidential ship had sailed and it was time to cash in....

Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:21 am

lefty120 wrote:You need to get Netflix...

Yes, we have Netflix. And I use bit-torrent to download good shows from the net.

When I say I don't "have TV" I mean I don't subject myself to commercials, biased news reporting or junk shows. Wink

Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
lefty120 wrote:I've been a Democrat for the better part of my life... [Ryan] I respected the heck out of him when he was involved with our government

My in-laws are dyed-in-the-wool big Union Democrats.  They thought Paul Ryan was the anti-Christ.

I think he knew his Presidential ship had sailed and it was time to cash in....

The Wisconsin republicans are all union busters. They blame unions for all of what is wrong.

The Republicans would be smart to try and regain the favor of clear thinking conservatives by running Ryan for President in 2024.

It may take a while to fix what Trump is breaking in the party. Even in 2016, while Trump was winning the Electoral College, the democrats were gaining Senate seats and House seats and picking up guberanatorial and State legislative seats. Then in 2018 it was a slaughter, democrats took over the House gained in the Senate and took over several State legislatures. Trump has been the best thing that ever happened to the democratic party.

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:46 am

Teetime wrote:Then in 2018 it was a slaughter, democrats took over the House gained in the Senate

Huh.  I saw the GOP gain two Senate seats that year.... with a bonus of getting rid of Flake & Corker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_Senate_elections#Change_in_composition

The House flip was natural (eg, 2010). Not quite the same scale of massacre (64 seats to GOP in 2010, versus 41 to Dems in 2018).

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:59 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:Then in 2018 it was a slaughter, democrats took over the House gained in the Senate

Huh.  I saw the GOP gain two Senate seats that year.... with a bonus of getting rid of Flake & Corker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_Senate_elections#Change_in_composition

The House flip was natural (eg, 2010).  Not quite the same scale of massacre (64 seats to GOP in 2010, versus 41 to Dems in 2018).

There was a swing of 8% from republicans to democratic votes in the 2018 Senate races, the dems just had too many seats up for grabs. Just like the republicans do in 2020 and 2022.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Saw this on IHSS as a criticism of Trump for his response to the Rona. Some people are completely out of their minds.
A prediction of a pandemic has been mentioned for years. Movies have been made of the scenario. Why was the US so unprepared?
This same guy probably thinks Space Force is completely idiotic. But, there's a whole bunch of movies that say we should be prepared.

Hell, there's 7 movies telling me to not have teenage sex on Halloween in Illinois...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Saw this on IHSS as a criticism of Trump for his response to the Rona. Some people are completely out of their minds.
A prediction of a pandemic has been mentioned for years. Movies have been made of the scenario. Why was the US so unprepared?
This same guy probably thinks Space Force is completely idiotic. But, there's a whole bunch of movies that say we should be prepared.

Hell, there's 7 movies telling me to not have teenage sex on Halloween in Illinois...

That shit just made me laugh out loud...well said. I’ve banned IHSS from my life. Many of the dudes who regularly post on there a seriously idiotic with many of the things they say. So many of them talk about IL HS sports like they’re college or pro programs. It’s moronic.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next