Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin and Head Coaches

+9
Head Idiot
Big E
net
mc140
lefty120
ramblinman
wolverine55
Bighitter11
general maximus
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Admin and Head Coaches - Page 2 Empty Re: Admin and Head Coaches

Post by lefty120 Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:56 am

wolverine55 wrote:One of the common themes I’ve seen in coaching over the years is this: the players who “lose their enjoyment” are the ones who were gifted in youth sports and didn’t have to work very hard to be one of the best players. Then, when they get older and , gasp, have to actually be coached they lose their enjoyment of the game....

This is very accurate.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 am

I’ve said for the last couple years, social media has changed the coaching game completely. For years, people who didn’t have the courage to have a meeting with the coach didn’t have a platform to voice their complaints. They just bitched and people forgot about it or not many heard. Now, put it on the internet and everyone who even remotely had a gripe is on the train with you. It can happen fast and in many cases with very little foundation.

lefty120
Bee-otch

ging and center like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am

wolverine55 wrote:One of the common themes I’ve seen in coaching over the years is this: the players who “lose their enjoyment” are the ones who were gifted in youth sports and didn’t have to work very hard to be one of the best players. Then, when they get older and , gasp, have to actually be coached they lose their enjoyment of the game....
Because HS sports aren't about teaching life lessons or winning or losing or learning about yourself anymore, it's about offering "experiences" and letting kids just have fun. Rolling Eyes
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:33 am

My incoming freshman has a buddy in his class...good kid...bat shit crazy parents. This kid won every individual trophy from 3rd grade through 6th, football, baseball, basketball, soccer, you name it he was the mvp...then, kids started catching him. He hasn’t won anything since the end of 6th.  He’s now playing golf instead of football, which, honestly is fine, he’s not real tough and I don’t want to deal with his mother. He’s also considering not playing basketball...wtf?!  His mom says he’s lost his passion and wants to focus on baseball. Whatever. Typical example of what Wolverine was speaking of.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Stage 2 on hold for now. Hopefully not for long.

http://news.leportale.com/doc?id=206392342
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2