Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 7 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by net Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm

went passed a bar in jax i used to frequent. 20 or so people not even close to social distancing. very disturbing to me. i mean shoulder to shoulder in a very tiny beer garden. at least no chicago people were there. Cool Cool
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri May 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Whenever I go to a store or to where other people are, I wear a mask and social distance. But, over the last three days, I am decidedly in the minority in that endeavor.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 29, 2020 8:55 pm

net wrote:but i'm not ready.
Who hacked net?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Who hacked net?

Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri May 29, 2020 11:45 pm

I've lost 35 pounds during this pandemic and I need some new pants! Can I get some new pants? NO! Changing rooms still closed.

Somebody gonna pay!!!! Wink

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat May 30, 2020 12:00 am

BirdWatcher wrote:I've lost 35 pounds during this pandemic and I need some new pants!  Can I get some new pants?  NO!   Changing rooms still closed.

Somebody gonna pay!!!!  Wink

Good job!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat May 30, 2020 8:57 am

19delta wrote:Whenever I go to a store or to where other people are, I wear a mask and social distance. But, over the last three days, I am decidedly in the minority in that endeavor.

i've been going to jacksonville about once a week for the last 3 weeks to get groceries. 3 weeks ago i'd say 90% of people were wearing masks, and about the same last week. yesterday, maybe 60-65% were wearing.

i ran into an old friend from beardstown. she's a sweetheart but not very bright. i didn't recognize her even though she didn't have on a mask, but she recognized me. so we chatted a bit.

she asked me about my mask. i told her it gave me a small sense of security. she pointed to hers laying in her purse. she then proceeded to tell me she works at jbs, the meat packing plant with 60+ cases of covid. she said it's ok i get tested everyday. i asked her about the testing. she replies, yes, they take my temperature everyday.

i told you she's not very bright.

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat May 30, 2020 8:59 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Who hacked net?

i know, right?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 am

net wrote:
19delta wrote:Whenever I go to a store or to where other people are, I wear a mask and social distance. But, over the last three days, I am decidedly in the minority in that endeavor.

i've been going to jacksonville about once a week for the last 3 weeks to get groceries. 3 weeks ago i'd say 90% of people were wearing masks, and about the same last week. yesterday, maybe 60-65% were wearing.

i ran into an old friend from beardstown. she's a sweetheart but not very bright. i didn't recognize her even though she didn't have on a mask, but she recognized me. so we chatted a bit.

she asked me about my mask. i told her it gave me a small sense of security. she pointed to hers laying in her purse. she then proceeded to tell me she works at jbs, the meat packing plant with 60+ cases of covid. she said it's ok i get tested everyday. i asked her about the testing. she replies, yes, they take my temperature everyday.

i told you she's not very bright.

I don't know if the mask does anything. There are all sorts of opinions about them...they are highly effective, only moderately effective, not effective at all, actually inrease your chances of getting the Covid...it's all over the map.

Why do I keep wearing a mask even though I'm not particularly worried about getting the Covid? Honestly, I do it because it is only a minor inconvienence for me but it seems to make the people who are worried about the Covid feel better and safer. So, I guess I am doing it to be respectful to them.

Not gonna lie...it does piss me off when I go into a store with my mask on and there are people not wearing masks. Yes...I know that there are people who can't wear masks for all sorts of reasons. But, it seems to me that most of the people who aren't wearing masks are doing it as some kind of act of defiance. I guess going to Casey's for a cup of coffee without a mask is their personal Boston Tea Party... Rolling Eyes
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 am

19delta wrote:
There are all sorts of opinions about them...they are highly effective, only moderately effective, not effective at all, actually inrease your chances of getting the Covid...it's all over the map.

just like everything else about COVID19.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat May 30, 2020 12:16 pm

19delta wrote:Why do I keep wearing a mask even though I'm not particularly worried about getting the Covid? Honestly, I do it because it is only a minor inconvienence for me but it seems to make the people who are worried about the Covid feel better and safer. So, I guess I am doing it to be respectful to them.

Not gonna lie...it does piss me off when I go into a store with my mask on and there are people not wearing masks. Yes...I know that there are people who can't wear masks for all sorts of reasons. But, it seems to me that most of the people who aren't wearing masks are doing it as some kind of act of defiance. I guess going to Casey's for a cup of coffee without a mask is their personal Boston Tea Party... Rolling Eyes  

I agree.

For some frickin' reason it has become political. Wear a mask and you are a liberal snowflake. Don't wear one and you want to make America great again.

I would say that if it does no good or is harmful, why does every single person in a Covid-19 hospital rooms wear a mask?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat May 30, 2020 12:18 pm

ging wrote:
19delta wrote:
There are all sorts of opinions about them...they are highly effective, only moderately effective, not effective at all, actually inrease your chances of getting the Covid...it's all over the map.

just like everything else about COVID19.  

Exactly...now we make everything fake news not just COVID-19 information. No truth exists, so why bother to find it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Net, hope your mom turns out well.

I wish I could still talk to my mom every now and then. Every day was better that included her.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Teetime wrote:
For some frickin' reason it has become political. Wear a mask and you are a liberal snowflake. Don't wear one and you want to make America great again.

I live in Trump Country (85% voted for him) and we only had 4 cases, no deaths. Yet I see people wearing masks all the time here. I don't think it's political, at least in TN....

We had a Happy Hour last weekend, told everyone invited that there would be more than 10 people, no masks (probably). A few declined. Most didn't.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 pm

My routine for wearing a mask is I put one on and as soon as I see an employee without one on or wearing it terribly improperly I usually take it off. I also only go in about 3 stores. Lowe's- no one wears masks there, Walmart- masks are worn by everyone all the time, some improperly and Ace Hardware.

Ace is funny. Very few employees have worn masks throughout this ordeal and about half the customers. This Friday when I went they had a sign out front that said you had to wear one or you would be asked to leave. That seems a little late to the party.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Sat May 30, 2020 7:06 pm

ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun May 31, 2020 9:26 am

thanks to all who wished me or my mom luck.......

BECAUSE SHE IS NEGATIVE!!!! quarantined until 6/11.

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun May 31, 2020 9:29 am

Head Idiot wrote: employee without one on or wearing it terribly improperly

the ones who crack me up are the ones who have their nose exposed. hey dummy, where do you think they stick the swab for your testing.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun May 31, 2020 9:31 am

coach leonard and his wife took a drive yesterday and wound up in virginia. he called me and asked if wanted to meet up for a brew. i had to tell him no because we still hadn't gotten the word on my mom.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun May 31, 2020 10:46 am

net wrote:coach leonard and his wife took a drive yesterday and wound up in virginia. he called me and asked if wanted to meet up for a brew. i had to tell him no because we still hadn't gotten the word on my mom.

I heard coach on the radio on 1450 yesterday morning when I was driving up to Bloomington. I hope we hear something definitive soon from the IHSA about HS football.
It's great to hear that your mom tested negative!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Sun May 31, 2020 11:19 am

OSUBucks wrote:
net wrote:coach leonard and his wife took a drive yesterday and wound up in virginia. he called me and asked if wanted to meet up for a brew. i had to tell him no because we still hadn't gotten the word on my mom.

I heard coach on the radio on 1450 yesterday morning when I was driving up to Bloomington. I hope we hear something definitive soon from the IHSA about HS football.
It's great to hear that your mom tested negative!

If they do not have a big spike in covid-19 cases and deaths in the next few weeks in Minneapolis, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, and New York, Why can't we not have football in front of crowds this upcoming season? I have seen large crowds of people ignoring social distancing and not wearing masks this week in those cities.

I happy hear your mother is ok NET.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Sun May 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:

If they do not have a big spike in covid-19 cases and deaths in the next few weeks in Minneapolis, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, and New York, Why can't we not have football in front of crowds this upcoming season? I have seen large crowds of people ignoring social distancing and not wearing masks  this week in those cities.

I happy hear your mother is ok NET.

and miami and philly and pittsburgh and des moines and austin and rockford and ...

it will be interesting to see what happens in those places in regard to covid.

glad to hear that about net's mom, too. cheers
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 am

An interesting side not to this- I don't agree with the idea that the media has dropped COVID, it's just their number 2 story now. But I did find it interesting that my Weather Channel app that has had a tab to click on since March to see current county cases/deaths (cause, you know, that's weather news- duh)is now gone. Just vanished overnight. In its place is a tab to see Hurricane forecasts. In Central Illinois.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Of the roughly 1.85 million confirmed cases in the U.S., a total of 714,035 people have either been recovered/discharged or they have died.

With 106,582 deaths, that's a fatality rate of 15% of those confirmed cases that have been closed.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next