Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

+15
general maximus
ramblinman
4a(6afornet)north
19delta
Head Idiot
net
newcom
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
mc140
dusty7
Teetime
BirdWatcher
OSUBucks
19 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 31 Empty Re: Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:00 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote: The attached fake news article which details the China ban is from the Washington Post.  The newspaper outlet that has won the 2nd most Pulitzer Prizes of American newspapers.
Milli Vanilli won a couple Grammys.

My point? Awards voted on and given out by people in that industry probably aren't the best way to verify someone or something.

Don't knock Milli Vanilli!  I rocked out to them once upon a time on my Sony Walkman!  
I feel for that Walkman.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 31 Empty Re: Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

Post by dusty7 Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Just an observation today, our kids in school were all fired up about the election, to be honest it was kind of cool. However, a few days ago they did not care and I am sure in a few days their enthusiasm will and interest will decrease.

Some of the things I heard out of their mouths make me even more concerned about the influence that social media and misinformation has on these students. To the point that they know what they are seeing/reading is false but they somehow still see it as being truthful.

If anything positive has come out of this, I think it will be a major change in the news media. Polls everywhere were incorrect in multiple races, the reliability and validity of the 24 hour networks has never been lower, and ratings are low as well.

Regardless of the presidential outcome, the Republicans look like they will still control the Senate and did not lose as many seats as expected in the House. Either way, we will have a weak President and the gridlock in Washington will lead to nothing getting accomplished nationally.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:33 pm

dusty7 wrote:If anything positive has come out of this, I think it will be a major change in the news media.  Polls everywhere were incorrect in multiple races, the reliability and validity of the 24 hour networks has never been lower, and ratings are low as well.  

What specific major change(s) do you foresee?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:43 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:If anything positive has come out of this, I think it will be a major change in the news media.  Polls everywhere were incorrect in multiple races, the reliability and validity of the 24 hour networks has never been lower, and ratings are low as well.  

Ya, I don't see them changing anything. If anything, I think they'll see a Biden win as a sign they were successful and they'll double down on their bias.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:39 pm

ramblinman wrote:

More balanced reporting on actual issues and not creating stories off of viral bullshit. All news outlets pursued stories in attempts to smear the other candidate or ruin their creditibility. The media needs to get back to covering politics rather than getting involved in politics. The talking heads are presenting their opinion as if they are facts and that has caused them to lose all credibility.

Also, I see lots of layoffs because of the financial issues some networks are facing due to low ratings. People want unbiased news and are sick of the media telling us what to think and the ratings illustrate the frustration.

Last edited by dusty7 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:45 pm

dusty7 wrote:
More balanced reporting on actual issues and not creating stories off of viral bullshit.
I think that ship set sail a long time ago. Seems like 80% of the nightly local news is stories they just took off Facebook.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Trump's lead in Georgia is down to 47k votes with 95% of the vote in. Trump's lead in PA down to 200k with 88% in.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:39 pm

What the hell is Trump doing?

Doesn’t he know how to fill out ballots? I was over at democratic headquarters at lunch and they had a regular assembly line going. Some to Georgia, some to Nevada, some to Pennsylvania. I think I signed BW’s name on some of them just for shits and giggles.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:51 pm

If Trump loses he will blame it on the election being rigged and more than half of his supporters will actually believe him.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:If Trump loses he will blame it on the election being rigged and more than half of his supporters will actually believe him.

Actual quote from one of my students today talking to another student....

Student 1: "You know the 'Rona was only developed so that the Democrats could use Mail-in voting as a way to cheat in the election."
Student 2: "That makes sense but the post office probably delivered the ballots to the wrong state"
Student 3: "Is that why it will take so long to get the results?"

This just reminds that those under 18 should not be voting.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:00 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:If Trump loses he will blame it on the election being rigged and more than half of his supporters will actually believe him.

Actual quote from one of my students today talking to another student....

Student 1: "You know the 'Rona was only developed so that the Democrats could use Mail-in voting as a way to cheat in the election."
Student 2: "That makes sense but the post office probably delivered the ballots to the wrong state"
Student 3: "Is that why it will take so long to get the results?"

This just reminds that those under 18 should not be voting.  

Oddly enough, letting 16 year olds vote was a major point of emphasis in the Illinois Civics meetings I took part in in 2016.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:02 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:36 am

as HI shows - arizona still in play.

ballots 'discovered' (100k) and all for biden, observers sent home but then counting continues, ballot postmark dates changed in michigan, observers not allowed in some counting areas...kinda shady stuff. agreed, this is going to take a while. gore v bush went into december.

chiming in on the media. with due respect, nothing will change unless there are more significant consequences (lawsuits, fines, etc) for reporting inaccurate info (fake news). Nicholas Sandmann attempted this. (CNN, Wash post, NYT, etc). However, that is a fine line as a free (and fair) press is needed for a strong democracy.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:24 am

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:40 am

Biased or not, a lawsuit is a lawsuit and there will be dozens if not hundreds filed in the coming days. Both sides were poised to do so.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:08 am

They should just finish counting the ballots that were cast on or before 11/3/20 and see what the score is.

If there are 10 or 250 ballots that were not counted in Arizona because of a Sharpie and the lowest difference in any race that was covered by those ballots is 9,867 then sure...hear the lawsuit, but understand that it makes no difference before you spend days on it.

Admin

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:11 am

Head Idiot wrote:Biased or not, a lawsuit is a lawsuit and there will be dozens if not hundreds filed in the coming days. Both sides were poised to do so.

I think everybody saw this coming several months ago. The mail-in voting is somewhat delegitimizing the electoral process. The difference in laws between the states needs to be something addressed if this is how voting will occur in the future.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:16 am

dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Biased or not, a lawsuit is a lawsuit and there will be dozens if not hundreds filed in the coming days. Both sides were poised to do so.

I think everybody saw this coming several months ago.  The mail-in voting is somewhat delegitimizing the electoral process.  The difference in laws between the states needs to be something addressed if this is how voting will occur in the future.  
Both sides were preparing to drag this out as long as possible maybe up to 4 years ago.

I legitimately wonder if the lawsuits will be decided by January 20th.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Imagine living in Georgia and having to deal with another 3 months of campaign.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 pm

I was thinking today that the Voting Rights Act was passed in 1965, 55 years ago. Now we have one of our two Major political parties and sitting President actively involved in voter suppression. A lot of people will tell you that our country is the greatest in the world. If true that doesn't say much for the rest of the world.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:05 pm

OSUBucks wrote:A lot of people will tell you that our country is the greatest in the world. If true that doesn't say much for the rest of the world.
Have you seen the rest of the world? One of the other major super powers, China, currently has concentration camps for its' political enemies.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:15 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I was thinking today that the Voting Rights Act was passed in 1965, 55 years ago. Now we have one of our two Major political parties and sitting President actively involved in voter suppression.

Does the Voting Rights Act cover dead people? Very Happy

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I was thinking today that the Voting Rights Act was passed in 1965, 55 years ago. Now we have one of our two Major political parties and sitting President actively involved in voter suppression.

Does the Voting Rights Act cover dead people?  Very Happy

GOP US Attorneys are calling Trump out. Count every vote!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-appointed-former-u-s-attorneys-hereby-call-on-trump-to-let-vote-counting-continue/ar-BB1aJeDC
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:45 pm

I may have missed this in another thread or buried here, but even before Dusty brought it up, do we as a nation really think mail in voting is a good practice in general?

With all the technology out there today, can we get some forms of checks and balances in.  The post office brass has openly stated they are not for one candidate.  The process of sending ballots that were not specifically requested is problematic.  The ballot inconsistencies are ripe for impropriety.  We have known this, but were not able to address this.  Now this time around I believe the Republicans are gonna lose the election and will be able to claim foul.  What if the next time around it is another party.  Either way, we gotta get the doubt out of America with regard to potential voter fraud.  If you do not believe the process was valid, then lots of people will choose not to participate in the process.  

Okay, can we all agree that you should prove who you are before you are given a ballot?  I really could care less if you write in Mickey Mouse or Oprah Winfrey or do not even fill it out once you prove you are who you say you are.  I cannot check a book out of my local library without ID, Can't write a check in lots of places.   At the post office, I am not allowed to pick up my mail from vacation stoppage until I prove who I am.  But we are gonna give ballots to unknowns?  

I do not have any first hand experience of election fraud, but even I could figure out ways to cheat the system. For example,  A relative of our school secretary had her ballot mailed to herself and she did not fill it out, but her husband did and mailed it back in  She then was allowed to vote in person.  She went to vote and came back with her sticker "I Voted"   Her husband asked her why she went to vote since he already had filled both his and hers out.  She voted. Twice.  No one checked on her.  It happens and nothing nefarious was going on here.  If she can "accidently" vote twice, do we really think that ballot mining or whatever the heck it called is not happening??  Both sides are capable of cheating.   We need to figure this out.  

Federal election should have a Federal standard.....State offices, state rules.....local positions, local norms.   We have heard the term of Federalism somewhere before right???

general maximus
Douche
Douche

BirdWatcher and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next