Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

+15
general maximus
ramblinman
4a(6afornet)north
19delta
Head Idiot
net
newcom
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
mc140
dusty7
Teetime
BirdWatcher
OSUBucks
19 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 35 Empty Re: Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

Post by OSUBucks Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Teetime wrote:CNN and Associated Press have called state races that put Biden in the position of President-Elect

Congrats to President Biden and VP Kamala Harris. Harris becomes first female VP. Trump vows to continue legal challenges.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 35 Empty Re: Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

Post by Head Idiot Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:44 pm

Teetime wrote:CNN and Associated Press have called state races that put Biden in the position of President-Elect

#Resist
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

#Resist

I thought you voted for Biden?

Didn’t you say the Supreme Court squeeze the republicans pulled was going to make you vote Democrat?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:14 pm

I wonder if Trump realizes that the Bidens are moving in January 20 regardless of what Trump thinks of the election? Trump isn't taking being fired very well.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:17 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

#Resist

I thought you voted for Biden?

Didn’t you say the Supreme Court squeeze the republicans pulled was going to make you vote Democrat?
I said it may make me vote for not Trump. There is nothing that would have made me vote for Biden.

#NotMyPresident
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:03 pm

Biden says a "clear convincing victory," it would say it was far from convincing, pretty close if you ask me.

I wonder if the Republicans will treat Biden like the Dems treated Trump the past 4 years and continuously search for discrepancies in voting, I bet they don't.
Either way Reps still control the Senate so nothing will get done and the bickering will continue for 4 more years.

I have a feeling Harris will not be given much responsibility by Biden, she has done what she was expected to do, get him elected. I can see the Dems moving more toward center I hopes of winning a supermajority in the House and a majority in the Senate in 2 years. Well, if they were smart they would do that but they will likely screw up and both houses will be Republican on 2022.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:10 pm

dusty7 wrote:Either way Reps still control the Senate

I have a feeling Harris will not be given much responsibility by Biden
1. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that.

2. "In a Harris administration with Joe Biden as president..."
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:17 pm

dusty7 wrote:Biden says a "clear convincing victory," it would say it was far from convincing, pretty close if you ask me.  

I wonder if the Republicans will treat Biden like the Dems treated Trump the past 4 years and continuously search for discrepancies in voting, I bet they don't.
Either way Reps still control the Senate so nothing will get done and the bickering will continue for 4 more years.  

I have a feeling Harris will not be given much responsibility by Biden, she has done what she was expected to do, get him elected.  I can see the Dems moving more toward center I hopes of winning a supermajority in the House and a majority in the Senate in 2 years.  Well, if they were smart they would do that but they will likely screw up and both houses will be Republican on 2022.

They may control the Senate for at least 2 more years but there's a chance for Democrats. There's 2 runoff elections coming up in Georgia. If Democrats win both it's 50/50 with the VP being the tiebreaker. If the GOP retains the majority McConnell with obstruct everything like he did with Obama. Obstruction rather than compromise isn't putting the country first. I remember when the GOP threatened to allow the US to default on it's debt because Obama's deficits were too high. Trump's deficits were higher than Obama's and not a peep from the GOP. It's not hard to figure out why this country can't solve problems with politicians exhibit that kind of behavior.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:37 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Obstruction rather than compromise isn't putting the country first.
So, the same as Dems in the House the past 2 years?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:12 am

dusty7 wrote:Biden says a "clear convincing victory," it would say it was far from convincing, pretty close if you ask me.  .

When the counting is all done, it will be.

Biden has a majority of the popular vote and well over 300 EVs. He's also going to end up probably 5,000,000 votes ahead of Trump nationally. This was an asskicking.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:03 am

Was interested to hear Kamala call COVID an "epidemic" yesterday instead of pandemic. Rebranding?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:29 am

Politicians don’t get to brand viruses.

Not even “China virus” stuck.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:32 am

Teetime wrote:Politicians don’t get to brand viruses.

Then why the conspicuous change in title while reading a prepared speech?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:54 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:Politicians don’t get to brand viruses.

Then why the conspicuous change in title while reading a prepared speech?

Here's the actual quote

But know that we will applaud you every step of the way. And to the American people, no matter who you voted for, I will strive to be a vice president like Joe was to President Obama: loyal, honest, and prepared; waking up every day thinking of you and your family, because now is when the real work begins, the hard work, the necessary work, the good work, the essential work to save lives and beat this epidemic

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:48 pm

dusty7 wrote:Biden says a "clear convincing victory," it would say it was far from convincing, pretty close if you ask me.  

Here is what Trump said four years ago in an interview with Fox:  "We had a massive landslide victory, as you know, in the Electoral College. I guess the final numbers are now at 306."  He said that despite losing the popular vote by a couple of million votes.  

This time around, Biden will beat Trump by around 5 million popular votes.  He will have a similar, and possibly slightly larger, margin of victory in the electoral college than what Trump had four year ago.  Sure, Biden won a couple of states by very thin margins, but that happened with Trump four years ago as well.

Biden won a convincing and spin-proof victory.  Anything less than that is not based in reality.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Trump also didn't win in a convincing victory either. A convincing victory is Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Obama, where it wasn't even close in both the Electoral College and popular vote.

When about 50% of the people in the US voted against one of the presidential candidates, we are in for the same divisive bullshit by both sides we have had for the last 4 years.

He can talk all he wants about uniting and coming together as one but needs to realize that the 47% or so that did not vote for him are more passionately against him than the 51% or so who voted for him. He won a lot of votes simply because he wasn't Trump
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:22 pm

I wrote the following back on May 15:

"We pretty much closed the state down with a relative few number of cases and not any deaths. Now that we have thousands of new cases a day and daily deaths of around 100, you want to open everything up that wants to reopen? Does the thought occur to you that everything we have sacrificed in the past 6-7 weeks will be for nought if reopening causes us to have another surge? Will it be mission accomplished if we go from spike to spike to spike? That a whole new curve will be developed that we will have to mitigate yet again?"

It pains me greatly to say I told ya so.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:42 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Riiiiiiight...

And again, what should we do? Suspend life on Earth for a year HOPING we get a vaccine? Mitigation isn't stopping this thing. Ask all those European countries we were supposed to follow.

And what does this have to do with Joe Biden?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:48 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Riiiiiiight...

And again, what should we do? Suspend life on Earth for a year HOPING we get a vaccine? Mitigation isn't stopping this thing. Ask all those European countries we were supposed to follow.

Posted the above in the wrong thread.  My bad.

What should we do?  Mitigate it and don't let up early like we did the last time...which I warned against doing at the time.  Now we are paying the price...again.

Not asking for people to suspend life on earth, but nice attempt at hyperbole.  I'd settle for half of the country not wearing an effing mask to wear one.

And, what's with the HOPING we get a vaccine BS?  It's clear that there is going to be one.  More than one.  It's no longer a matter of if or hoping.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:58 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Riiiiiiight...

Posted the above in the wrong thread.  My bad.

What should we do?  Mitigate it and don't let up early like we did the last time...which I warned against doing at the time.  

Not asking for people to suspend life on earth, but nice attempt at hyperbole.  I'd settle for half of the country not wearing an effing mask to wear one.

And, what's with the HOPING we get a vaccine BS?  It's clear that there is going to be one.  More than one.  It's no longer a matter of if or hoping.
Europe didn't stop mitigation early and they're getting HAMMERED right now. Mitigation does nothing unless it's all the way to a fool proof vaccine. Which, you know is just going to happen right? I mean, the flu version keeps everyone from getting the flu. So what if they're similar diseases in makeup and we still can't find a way to eradicate the flu?

You can't halfway or even 90% shut down and expect it to work. You have to shut everyone and everything down until there's a 100% accurate vaccine. Which is damn near impossible given the makeup of the disease.

Without full shutdown until the vaccine, you're just delaying the flair ups.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:27 pm

lefty120 wrote:What proof do you have of that?  Or did you hear it from the news or Trump?  Or did they all of a sudden kick these observers out when Trump was ahead?  Again, an awful lot of Republican leadership in some of these states to be throwing around accusations such as this.

patience, grasshoppah

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Pfizer announced today that their vaccine is 90% effective. I'm sure vaccines will be available by Spring.
Also the Illinois bill backlog has grown to 9.17 billion as of today and the graduated tax initiative was shot down on Election day. We need to get people back to work. Over the weekend Springfield shuttered D&J's Restaurant because they had too many people in there having breakfast. Two bars were also fined. People are just trying to survive.

Last edited by OSUBucks on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:47 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Pfizer announced today that their vaccine is 90% effective. I'm sure vaccines will be available by Spring.
Also the Illinois bill backlog has grown to 9.17 billion as of today an the graduated tax initiative was shot down on Election day. We need to get people back to work. Over the weekend Springfield shuttered D&J's Restaurant because they had too many people in there having breakfast. Two bars were also fined. People are just trying to survive.

JB is okay with this being drawn out until January when Biden takes office so the state can get a bailout. It is 100% the wrong approach and the state is losing millions in Income and Sales taxes and more and more people are leaving the state.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm

tps wrote:
lefty120 wrote:What proof do you have of that?  Or did you hear it from the news or Trump?  Or did they all of a sudden kick these observers out when Trump was ahead?  Again, an awful lot of Republican leadership in some of these states to be throwing around accusations such as this.

patience, grasshoppah

All lawsuits except 1 have been thrown out of court...another was supposed to be filed today. What are they waiting for? I think that's a fair question. The American people need to know what has happened during the election if indeed there were things in multiple states that went wrong as the Republican leadership claims.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next