Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

+15
general maximus
ramblinman
4a(6afornet)north
19delta
Head Idiot
net
newcom
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
mc140
dusty7
Teetime
BirdWatcher
OSUBucks
19 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 25 Empty Re: Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I would argue that ALL workers are essential and if you start giving certain jobs more money based upon what they do, there is going to be a huge uproar.  Everybody wants equality but when you start saying one job is more important than the other and they should be paid more, you are basically creating economic discrimination.  Honestly, in theory, it is a good idea but it will be very difficult to tell any worker in any profession or industry that their are not as "essential" as other workers.

Baloney!

We tell workers every day that they are more important than other workers by how much they are paid. We have since the beginning of time. Of course there is economic discrimination.

We call that Capitalism.

You are correct on that one but why should there be additional "premium pay" for some industries compared to others? An engineer making $120,000 a year designing a wastewater treatment plant is just as essential as someone stocking shelves at a grocery store making $10 an hour. Do both of these people get a "premium wage" or is it just for those who need it? If it is just for the healthcare industry? What exactly is his plan to carry it out?

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 25 Empty Re: Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Got to be careful with taxing too much.  Just look at Illinois, high taxes will cause businesses to leave and then you lose their income all together.  Who's to say a an increase in corporate tax won't cause some large companies to go to Mexico, Canada, or divest in their business.  There has to be some type of incentive to produce and earn a profit. Take a large portion of the profit away what's the point?

The period of greatest growth in the US was after WWII and on into the early 60's and our top individual tax rates were in the SEVENTIES, like 78% top tax rate. The Corporate rates were the ones I described above, or higher. They were NOT lower. We had great growth in the 1990's with the corporate tax structure above and HIGHER individual income tax rates than we have right now.

States that surround Illinois generally all have a progressive income (tiered) tax system, some with rates higher than Illinois.

So Dusty, you said wanted three things, but it looks like you really wanted to argue.

I'm obviously OK with arguing, but don't tell me you were trying to decide who to vote for. You seem to have decided.

Yes, I have decided, I am not voting for either, because both candidates are crap and I do not think either one will have the power, the support, or the balls to do what needs to be done to right the ship for our country. The constant banter on things not centered around actually fixing what is wrong with our country is getting really old. Who cares if Joe Biden is involved in sketchy behavior or if Trump has made poor business decisions. This does nothing to help the country and just makes it worse and creates a larger divide in our country. It is not like these are the first two presidential candidates who are involved in sketchy behavior. It would be better if the focus was on finding the issues with the policies they want to make or how they have failed in carrying out promised policies in the past. I am sorry if it sounds like I am arguing but I am just trying to critically think about the best way to solve the issue not just take a candidate's word that they will actually fix it.

We did have growth in the 90s but I think that simply having a corporate tax higher than the income tax was not the only reason. The economy was booming and people were making more money year after year. It would be great to get back to those times but right now is a terrible time to even talk about raising taxes. People are more likely to support tax increases during periods of economic growth, that is why the increase in taxes worked in the late 90s. Right now we are not in a stable period of economic growth and right now is a terrible time to increase taxes on businesses. If the economy improves in the next 2 to 3 years, that would be a better time to talk about raising taxes.

As for progressive taxes, I have no problem with a progressive tax and I think it will actually benefit Illinois if the Fair Tax law was written in a way that does not open up the Constitution and allow the General Assembly to take money from the state pensions. I know many proponents are saying "the law does not say they will do that" but it surely doesn't say they can't. But at some point you have to be careful about taxing the upper brackets too much, even if they at a lower rate than many think they should, they are still paying millions and we don't want to lose that.

Increasing taxes alone will not fix the deficit. First, drastic and meaningful cuts need to be made Social Security. We can talk all we want about cutting discretionary spending such as the military, health care, education, etc., and those are all minimal items on the budget compared to Social Security now and where it will be in the next 20 years. The whole system needs to be fixed and I have no idea how but if we continue the current system, the government will not have any money left for premium wages, bailouts, and stimulus packages.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I know this- under Rauner step increases were frozen for 4 years under a cost cutting measure. One of the very first things Pritzker did as Governor was to cut checks to cover all 4 years of those raises. I have co workers who got checks ranging from 20k-60k dollars. They all LOVE JB.

I thought "step increases" were a school thing. Do regular state employees get "step increases"?

Is there a "Step Schedule"? Is it just the passage of time that moves a prison employee say, from step 8 to step 9?

Are those union employees that were getting "step increases"?
Yes to all of the above. There is a step schedule for nearly every state job in Illinois. Every job has a classification and a corresponding pay scale.

As an officer there is a step schedule. We are a RC-6 classification. I think it takes 6-8 years to step out. Start at 40k for a trainee for 3 months, 48k first year, step out at 66k. I am currently on step 2 making $4100/month, but I've already made $55k this year because of overtime. There are a lot of COs making 100k+ a year based on OT. Sargeants have a higher scale 55-85k, lieutenant, higher still 80-105k and then majors 90-120k. We have a LT who has already made 140k based on OT. Unless I stay longer than I need to (10 more years) I don't have much chance to get higher than Sgt or Lt.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

BirdWatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Plus- how ironic is it that Facebook banned a satirical article about witch hunts when they have established the modern witch hunt forum?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Teetime wrote:
Will invest $20 billion in rural broadband infrastructure
Supports upholding collective bargaining agreements under the FCC's One Touch Make Ready rule

PS- did your copy and paste get messed up here? Should it read-
 Will invest $20 billion in rural broadband infrastructure under the FCC's One Touch Make Ready rule  

Supports upholding collective bargaining agreements
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Will invest $20 billion in rural broadband infrastructure
Supports upholding collective bargaining agreements under the FCC's One Touch Make Ready rule

PS- did your copy and paste get messed up here? Should it read-
 Will invest $20 billion in rural broadband infrastructure under the FCC's One Touch Make Ready rule  

Supports upholding collective bargaining agreements

Yes. It did.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:52 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/lawyers-say-they-can-t-find-parents-545-migrant-children-n1244066

545 little kids who were grabbed away from their parents at the border may never be reunited. The parents were deported and nobody kept track of the kids and parents that belonged to each other.

For some reason, this story makes my blood boil.

Then, just to make this a regular day in Trumpworld, the President of the United States got on a ramble with a Fox & Friends and called on the Attorney General of the United States to open an investigation into Hunter Biden and his family. Welcome to the banana republic of Trumpville.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-urges-barr-to-initiate-investigation-into-joe-biden-and-son-11603220876

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:Now investigators are saying that it looks like the email that the Russians and the republicans are calling the “smoking gun” email was created several months after the computer was supposedly dropped off at the blind computer guy’s garage. Sloppy work for a Russian operation. Maybe Rudy was calling the shots.

the dni disagrees with them

The FBI and the DNI are at odds.

The DNI is really just a partisan republican congressman who couldn't get the job in 2019 because he falsified his resume.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-examining-hunter-bidens-laptop-as-foreign-op-contradicting-john-ratcliffe-trumps-intel-czar?ref=scroll

Fbi and doj agree with dni
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-purported-hunter-biden-laptop-sources

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 pm

Two weeks ago Trump tweeted that he wanted all of the Mueller evidence declassified, no redactions.

Trump tweeted on Oct. 6: "I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions!"

In court, a judge was asked to ruled on the declassification of this evidence. The judge asked the White House if they really intended to follow through on the president’s tweet.

Today, the Chief of staff had to file an affidavit with the court saying that the President was lying about the declassification.

I wonder what is in the redacted and classified a Mueller evidence that the President now wants to hide?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-s-tweet-total-declassification-russia-docs-not-order-white-n1244022

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Even CBS -- gasp! -- knows the laptop is Hunter's.  Rudy turned it over to DE State Police tonight, due to underage photos.  FBI has been holding it for months....

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 25 Majorg10

I wonder if Kamala is interviewing potential VP picks tonight....  Wink

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:16 am

All this means what? There is 0 media coverage on this outside of Fox so many voters have no idea this is going on. Plus unless Biden is directly implicated, this is all just a distraction from bigger issues.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:56 am

dusty7 wrote:All this means what?   

What I posted was from CBS...my source was Twitter, so it's not just Fox. Sure, CNN & MSNBC will continue with 'Russian disinfo' narrative... that's their bread-n-butter. But after Trump calls Biden 'the Big Guy' at the debate and brings it up a few times, people will start asking.

It won't change the die-hard Never Trumper's votes. Those guys would vote for Biden if Joe himself were on video molesting children. oh, wait......

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 am

"Joe Biden's campaign could end Thursday night If Trump reads the "big guy" email and explains to the public why they have not heard of it." Scott Adams, via Twitter

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:13 am

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:12 am

So I guess I'm confused as to what all this proves exactly? I'm still sketchy on all the details, I'll admit, but doesn't this just prove that Biden and his family are close to as big of scumbag politicians as Trump? To me, this looks like a family who has connections trying to make lucrative money deals for themselves. Are we going to try to put Biden in a different category than Trump and say that he shouldn't be elected because of this? Really?? I think both guy's scorecards are pretty full of deals they'd rather not be asked publicly about. Should be an entertaining debate Thursday night.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:14 am

BirdWatcher wrote:It won't change the die-hard Never Trumper's votes.  Those guys would vote for Biden if Joe himself were on video molesting children.   oh, wait......

Joe Biden Innocent or Not Guilty - Page 25 160125114628-donald-trump-quote-shoot-somebody-super-tease
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:16 am

As I've said before, every 4 years, shortly before the election something like this comes out against one of the candidates. I think Hunter Biden is the black sheep of the Biden family. Other than that I really don't give two shits about this.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:44 am

If true this means Joe Biden peddled the Vice Presidency for personal monetary gain. It also means his little video bragging about getting the prosecutor in the Ukraine fired (who happened to be trying to investigate Burisma- you know, his son's new employer) was potentially using US funds as quid pro quo for personal favors. You know, the thing they impeached Trump for.

If true, this is everything the Dems have accused Trump of for 4 years, on steroids. It would make Watergate look like child's play (which, in today's political world, i don't think it would even make a peep).
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:46 pm

ramblinman wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:It won't change the die-hard Never Trumper's votes.  Those guys would vote for Biden if Joe himself were on video molesting children.   oh, wait......

Img removed...

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
"he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"
"he kicked their asses"
"they let me grab them by the pussy"

Joe's lies, OTOH, mmmm... he means them to be taken literally.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:01 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Img removed...

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
"he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"
"he kicked their asses"
"they let me grab them by the pussy"

Joe's lies, OTOH, mmmm... he means them to be taken literally.

LMFAO!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:03 pm

Head Idiot wrote:If true this means Joe Biden peddled the Vice Presidency for personal monetary gain. It also means his little video bragging about getting the prosecutor in the Ukraine fired (who happened to be trying to investigate Burisma- you know, his son's new employer) was potentially using US funds as quid pro quo for personal favors. You know, the thing they impeached Trump for.

If true, this is everything the Dems have accused Trump of for 4 years, on steroids. It would make Watergate look like child's play (which, in today's political world, i don't think it would even make a peep).

If what is true? The emails don’t say Joe Biden did anything. That part is all invented overactive imaginations and sore losers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:11 pm

"If" he is in fact the "big guy" Hunter is negotiating on behalf of.

Besides the using US money to benefit his son's personal business ventures.

Regardless of the veracity of these claims I find it massively intriguing that the Biden family invested in nuclear power in China while doing their best to kill it in America in favor of "green" energy.

Obviously slanted, but a little background on the Bidens in China nuclear- https://presentdangerchina.org/2020/08/was-joe-bidens-son-part-of-a-chinese-spy-operation-to-steal-u-s-nuclear-technology/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:19 pm

So, we spent 3 1/2 years and millions of dollars going down the rabbit hole of Russian collusion which was based on Russian misinformation obtained from Russian spies, but this shouldn't warrant an interest or investigation? Is that what you're saying Tee?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:If true this means Joe Biden peddled the Vice Presidency for personal monetary gain. It also means his little video bragging about getting the prosecutor in the Ukraine fired (who happened to be trying to investigate Burisma- you know, his son's new employer) was potentially using US funds as quid pro quo for personal favors. You know, the thing they impeached Trump for.

If what is true? The emails don’t say Joe Biden did anything. That part is all invented overactive imaginations and sore losers.

And the endless democrat investigations into Trump was not based on overactive imaginations and sore losers?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next