Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 15 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:47 pm

dusty7 wrote:After watching how poorly Ian Book played yesterday when Clemson kept him in the pocket, I do not think he is the answer if they go with a QB.

If they stick with Mitch another year, they will be in the same situation as the last few years.  He almost pissed the game away today with tht INT in the 4th.  
You know what you have with Mitch. If you can coach worth a damn, you should be able to call a game to play to his strengths and try to minimize the damage. Nagy obviously couldn't do that, or purposefully tried to make him something he wasn't to scapegoat him.

Why waste a pick on a marginal talent that could be worse than Mitch when you have so many other glaring holes? One thing you can't ever say is that the other players seem to have given up on Mitch.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

wolverine55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Boy when you can run the ball a bit it opens up the passing game. Who knew! As Delta mentioned you can see the confidence in Trubisky now. He'll sign with someone next year if not the Bears.
Mitch has never been the problem. I'd like to see him sign to a 2 year, incentive laden contract.

I don't think he comes back if Nagy's still there though.

if the Bears don't bring him back, he will sign with someone else and play 10 more years. He's a young Alex Smith.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:23 am

Bad interception by Mitch in the end zone in the 4th. Cant do that and gotta get points there. Im not gonna beat him up though. It was long said just get 20 points with this defense and they will be fine. Well they just score 30+ for the 3rd straight game and yet the defense has still found a way to struggle.

Im addressing the offensive line early and often in the draft and bringing back Mitch on a short term deal. Follow the Browns model of building a strong offensive line, strong 2 headed running attack and Play Action moving your QB in the passing game. If Mitch flames out next year fine move on from him with a ready made Offensive line and young weapons. If Mitch doesnt pan out your also probably have a decent draft pick. Package it maybe with Mack who will be more tradable after next year and move up to draft one etc.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:11 am

I heard in the post-game radio wrap that Chicago averaged 5+ yards on first down runs.

After bragging about that for a while they covered the Viking's stats...they averaged 6+ yards on first down runs. I think this Bears defense is pretty average.

Admin

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:55 am

Teetime wrote:I heard in the post-game radio wrap that Chicago averaged 5+ yards on first down runs.

After bragging about that for a while they covered the Viking's stats...they averaged 6+ yards on first down runs. I think this Bears defense is pretty average.

The Bear Secondary has been hit hard by injuries. Duke Shelley and Kindle Vildor played a lot yesterday. Shelley is a 6th round pick and Vildor a 5th rounder. The Bear's front got good pressure on Kirk Cousins yesterday, one of the keys to victory.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:09 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:I heard in the post-game radio wrap that Chicago averaged 5+ yards on first down runs.

The Bear Secondary has been hit hard by injuries. Duke Shelley and Kindle Vildor played a lot yesterday. Shelley is a 6th round pick and Vildor a 5th rounder. The Bear's front got good pressure on Kirk Cousins yesterday, one of the keys to victory.

Joining Barkevious Mingo on the Bears' all-time All-Name team...
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:41 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Michael Stonebreaker.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Michael Stonebreaker.

"Kindle Vildor" sounds like the primary antagonist in a Stephen King novel.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Bears cruise by the Jags today 41-17 to go to 8-7 on the year. With a win over Packers next week or an Arizona loss the Bears can make the playoffs. Mitch threw another red zone pick in the 1st half today but was better in the 2nd half. He was 24-35-265 2 TD and the 1 pick. I think there's a decent chance the Bears resign him now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:11 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bears cruise by the Jags today 41-17 to go to 8-7 on the year. With a win over Packers next week or an Arizona loss the Bears can make the playoffs. Mitch threw another red zone pick in the 1st half today but was better in the 2nd half. He was 24-35-265 2 TD and the 1 pick. I think there's a decent chance the Bears resign him now.
I hope that is the case. The QBs that are going to be available for them to sign are vomit inducing- Cam Newton, Jameis Winston among them.

Anyone championing signing Newton obviously hasn't watched him play a single game this year. He is terrible. And, if you think Mitch throws frustrating INTs, don't watch Jameis tape.

Honestly, I'd bring back Nagy if they make the playoffs. I'll give him credit. He finally realized he was the problem and took steps to alleviate it. Whether or not that was his decision, that I don't know. While the winning streak isn't against top teams, they couldn't move the ball against college teams at the beginning of the year. I think he should get a chance to play out his contract.

And yes, I just typed that. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Teetime and wolverine55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:28 pm

Agree, with at least 8 wins the top 3 college QB's will be off the board before their pick too. Earlier this season Nagy said he loved calling plays. Lazor is better at it though. Today the Bears had 1st and goal at the one and called a jet sweep to the TE and lost 4 yards, that wasn't a good call. Smile I think the entire staff will be back now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:39 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Agree, with at least 8 wins the top 3 college QB's will be off the board before their pick too. Earlier this season Nagy said he loved calling plays. Lazor is better at it though. Today the Bears had 1st and goal at the one and called a jet sweep to the TE and lost 4 yards, that wasn't a good call. Smile I think the entire staff will be back now.
NFL coaches getting too cute in those situations has become a pandemic in itself. It's getting to the point that you can almost assume it's going to be something other than just give it to your back and let him pound. I do like play action to the TE in that situation, but if I had Montgomery he's definitely getting the ball on 1st down.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:20 am

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Bears cruise by the Jags today 41-17 to go to 8-7 on the year. With a win over Packers next week or an Arizona loss the Bears can make the playoffs. Mitch threw another red zone pick in the 1st half today but was better in the 2nd half. He was 24-35-265 2 TD and the 1 pick. I think there's a decent chance the Bears resign him now.
I hope that is the case. The QBs that are going to be available for them to sign are vomit inducing- Cam Newton, Jameis Winston among them.

Anyone championing signing Newton obviously hasn't watched him play a single game this year. He is terrible. And, if you think Mitch throws frustrating INTs, don't watch Jameis tape.

Honestly, I'd bring back Nagy if they make the playoffs. I'll give him credit. He finally realized he was the problem and took steps to alleviate it. Whether or not that was his decision, that I don't know. While the winning streak isn't against top teams, they couldn't move the ball against college teams at the beginning of the year. I think he should get a chance to play out his contract.

And yes, I just typed that. Shocked Shocked Shocked

And, not only is the QB market down, but everyone seems rather lukewarm on possible coaching candidates available. That's one reason Urban Meyer is getting some play: there just doesn't seem to be anyone else to hire. You have to take those opinions with a grain of salt though. I remember the reaction to Green Bay's coaching hire a couple years ago being met with a lot of "meh" and it's working out just fine for them.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:03 am

Remind me, If Green Bay has very little to play for next week, what is the thinking in the NFL?

Let the starters play a half? a quarter? not at all?

Can the Bears beat the second team at Green Bay?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:30 am

Teetime wrote:Remind me, If Green Bay has very little to play for next week, what is the thinking in the NFL?

Let the starters play a half? a quarter? not at all?

Can the Bears beat the second team at Green Bay?

Green Bay is playing for home-field advantage. Should the Packers lose they will be 12-4 and New Orleans and Seattle win, they are also 12-4. The Packers need to win to ensure home-field in the playoffs unless they expect New Orleans and Seattle to lose but I would expect both of them to win at all costs in hopes of the Packers losing.

The Packers will be playing 100% starters unless they get up big early.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Couple of things.....as far as the QB market Im in favor of bringing back Mitch on a short term prove it deal. The only QB I would look at would Andy Dalton because of his relationship with Lazor. Seen alot of people who just cant be happy with what the Bears are doing on offense because of who it is against. So Ill remind people that the Bears and Green Bay have 14 Common Opponents on their schedule. Here are the numbers from the last 4 games for Chicago and how Green Bay has done in its most recent games vs those same teams this year.

Green Bay
396.0 YPG
112 Points
28 PPG

Chicago Bears
396.8 YPG
140 Points
35 PPG

One of these teams has a Hall of Fame QB the other has Mitch Trubisky. Id be less worried about Mitch these days and more worried about the defense between the soft coverage and lack of pressure next Sunday could be real ugly.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Couple of things.....as far as the QB market Im in favor of bringing back Mitch on a short term prove it deal.  The only QB I would look at would Andy Dalton because of his relationship with Lazor.  Seen alot of people who just cant be happy with what the Bears are doing on offense because of who it is against.  So Ill remind people that the Bears and Green Bay have 14 Common Opponents on their schedule.  Here are the numbers from the last 4 games for Chicago and how Green Bay has done in its most recent games vs those same teams this year.

Green Bay
396.0 YPG
112 Points
28 PPG

Chicago Bears
396.8 YPG
140 Points
35 PPG

One of these teams has a Hall of Fame QB the other has Mitch Trubisky.  Id be less worried about Mitch these days and more worried about the defense between the soft coverage and lack of pressure next Sunday could be real ugly.

I can see Rodgers picking the Bear Secondary apart already.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Couple of things.....as far as the QB market Im in favor of bringing back Mitch on a short term prove it deal.  The only QB I would look at would Andy Dalton because of his relationship with Lazor.  Seen alot of people who just cant be happy with what the Bears are doing on offense because of who it is against.  So Ill remind people that the Bears and Green Bay have 14 Common Opponents on their schedule.  Here are the numbers from the last 4 games for Chicago and how Green Bay has done in its most recent games vs those same teams this year.

Green Bay
396.0 YPG
112 Points
28 PPG

Chicago Bears
396.8 YPG
140 Points
35 PPG

One of these teams has a Hall of Fame QB the other has Mitch Trubisky.  Id be less worried about Mitch these days and more worried about the defense between the soft coverage and lack of pressure next Sunday could be real ugly.

My bold line for this game is Green Bay -16.5.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:08 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

Green Bay
396.0 YPG
112 Points
28 PPG

Chicago Bears
396.8 YPG
140 Points
35 PPG

Pagano isnt aggressive enough and the Bears cant get pressure up front. Its going to be a very long day for the defense I am afraid.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:42 pm

I heard a great observation about Trubisky and how the Bears have played in the past few weeks.

Are you winning with Trubisky or because of Trubisky?

There is no way I think the Bears should spend more than they have to next season on Trubisky. If some team throws a bunch of money at him, let him walk.

Is Nagy able to look for another job or do teams need permission to speak to him? If he can leave on his own will, I could definitely see the Bears losing both Nagy and Trubisky because they simply no longer want to be Bears.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:50 pm

dusty7 wrote:I heard a great observation about Trubisky and how the Bears have played in the past few weeks.

There is no way I think the Bears should spend more than they have to next season on Trubisky. If some team throws a bunch of money at him, let him walk.

Is Nagy able to look for another job or do teams need permission to speak to him?  If he can leave on his own will, I could definitely see the Bears losing both Nagy and Trubisky because they simply no longer want to be Bears.

I think they are winning for a number of reasons including his play lately, better play calling, better offensive line play, better commitment towards the run. With the tight cap this offseason I dont see him getting a big offer from anywhere else. Probably get a decent payday on a one year prove it deal and see what happens after that. Could have Coach change in Chicago by then, Full Salary Cap maybe he does awesome and his going rate goes up.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:19 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I heard a great observation about Trubisky and how the Bears have played in the past few weeks.

Is Nagy able to look for another job or do teams need permission to speak to him?  If he can leave on his own will, I could definitely see the Bears losing both Nagy and Trubisky because they simply no longer want to be Bears.

I think they are winning for a number of reasons including his play lately, better play calling, better offensive line play, better commitment towards the run.  With the tight cap this offseason I dont see him getting a big offer from anywhere else.  Probably get a decent payday on a one year prove it deal and see what happens after that.  Could have Coach change in Chicago by then,  Full Salary Cap maybe he does awesome and his going rate goes up.  

Hopefully whatever the Bears management decides to do, they don't fixate on solving one issue or retaining one player. The defense needs some younger talent as well as the offense needing some essential pieces.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Possibly a disastrous start for the Bears...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Disaster averted for now!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm

21-13 for the Packers at half. Packers didn't punt in the 1st half but did turn it over once. Rodgers having no problems finding open receivers.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next