Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 9 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by lefty120 Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:30 pm

I'll be honest, it won't knock me off my chair if the Bears come out on Wednesday and say they're starting Trubisky this week. Countless times the last 2 games, a bit more athletic QB would have gotten them out of trouble when the protection broke down. With so many issues on the OL, I think it has to be considered. Trubisky is not good, but he was always decent when things broke down and he had to ad lib a bit.

Side note, I thought with all the shuffling, the OL played better last night. Is it a stretch to say when Whithair is healthy, which they hope to be this week or next, leave the young kid from Sally N D at center and move Whithair somewhere else he can be used? Whithair at G or T has to be better than what they've got now. He came into the league as a guard as I recall.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:56 pm

OL is hard to watch. 78 closes his eyes ducks his head and watched people go by him. Why did he call a run play on 2nd and short of final drive with a still below avg O-Line?? Nagy will not adapt that is for certain but Graham is a total piece of crap that needs to be cut immediately. He is just collecting a check trying not to get hurt.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm

Nagy is a dumbass I would fired him on the spot as well.  All Set to go into half up 10 with the ball to start the second half.  He trys getting cute using his timeouts to try and get the ball back for what.  80 Yards and No Timeouts with maybe 45 seconds left or so with his inept offense...............  Instead he allows Saints to score before half quick 3 and out to start the half and allow Saints to score again.   Just awful.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Wims gets 2 games suspension. I wonder if we'll ever know what set him off. I would never punch a guy in the head who's wearing a helmet. Laughing Nagy made a dumbass mistake with that timeout right before halftime and that likely cost the Bears the win. If the Bears even had an average OLine they probably make the playoffs. Nagy is wasting a good defense.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:00 pm

Nagy makes at least 1 big decision every week that puts his team in a position to lose. I can't say that in a positive direction every week.

The best call in the positive he made Sunday was the FB dive/zone to Montgomery. It was so uncharacteristic of Nagy that it faked everyone on the field out.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:19 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Wims gets 2 games suspension. I wonder if we'll ever know what set him off. I would never punch a guy in the head who's wearing a helmet. Laughing Nagy made a dumbass mistake with that timeout right before halftime and that likely cost the Bears the win. If the Bears even had an average OLine they probably make the playoffs. Nagy is wasting a good defense.

Apparently it was over a mouth piece. I'm sure there is more to the story.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1323302954246524930
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:47 pm

My two cents...

Two years ago, the focus was on finding a kicker and they did nothing to improve the QB or OL situation.

Last year, the focus was on finding a QB and they did nothing to improve OL and the rest of the offense.

If you fixate on one issue in the game of football, more issues will surely arise. This is what Bears management has done.

Nagy is in over his head and his decision making is causing him to lose the team. Yes it is a process and when things are not improving, you adjust so that the entire process doesn't break down. It would say more about him as a coach to give up play calling duties than if he continues.

The QB situation is what it is and the playmakers just aren't very good. First move I would make, trade Patterson and Whims for either a few Draft picks or a young OL where you can start the rebuild.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:10 pm

I think one of the things that disturbs me the most about the franchise is how they've become a repository for "high ceiling" low character types. People like Javon Wims, Jimmy Graham (I may be the only one who noticed, but in the Indy game he caught a ball and got pushed out of bounds and purposefully shoved a chain guy to the ground- Phillip Rivers jumped his ass about it), etc. You can't win close games with low character guys. Ask the Cowboys- who by the way have become the 2000/2010s Raiders under Al Davis.

Nagy said he "talked to" Wims and said "that's not how we do things here". Well, he's been there 3 years. If he doesn't know how you run your program by now, that's entirely on you. And, by not cutting him, that is how you do things.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:41 pm

dusty7 wrote:My two cents...

Two years ago, the focus was on finding a kicker and they did nothing to improve the QB or OL situation.

Last year, the focus was on finding a QB and they did nothing to improve OL and the rest of the offense.

If you fixate on one issue in the game of football, more issues will surely arise.  This is what Bears management has done.  

Nagy is in over his head and his decision making is causing him to lose the team. Yes it is a process and when things are not improving, you adjust so that the entire process doesn't break down.  It would say more about him as a coach to give up play calling duties than if he continues.

The QB situation is what it is and the playmakers just aren't very good. First move I would make, trade Patterson and Whims for either a few Draft picks or a young OL where you can start the rebuild.  

Two years ago the Line wasnt that bad Leno and Massie both played pretty well and earned their payday. The last season and a half they have done nothing but regressed. They have traded away far too many draft picks so when you miss on a pick it hurts even worse. Cohen was good in 2018 averaging over 10 yards a catch but dropped to 5.8 last year. He is a gadget player making too much money, same for Patterson and Ginn Jr has been another waste of Money. I dont know if they could salvage Massie or Leno by making one of them a guard and getting a proven tackle. This is just a poorly run front office.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Going back to the Wims situation I'd like to have a teammate like Janoris Jenkins. When Wims hit that guy Jenkins stood up for his teammate and wasted no time taking care of the situation.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:48 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:

If you fixate on one issue in the game of football, more issues will surely arise.  This is what Bears management has done.  

Nagy is in over his head and his decision making is causing him to lose the team. Yes it is a process and when things are not improving, you adjust so that the entire process doesn't break down.  It would say more about him as a coach to give up play calling duties than if he continues.

Two years ago the Line wasnt that bad Leno and Massie both played pretty well and earned their payday.  The last season and a half they have done nothing but regressed.

What did they do to add reinforcements? To continue to maintain the play of the line in case of injury, trade, free agency, or lack of production? You have to have some depth, at least 2 or 3 guys you can implant and there is not a drastic fall off.

My point is they have spent way too much time focusing on a kicker, a QB, and offensive weapons, they have lost sight of where football games are actually won, with the god damn lines. At all levels of football, your offense is only as good as your O-Line. If your line sucks, chances are you will suck unless you have a very special athlete at QB or RB, which the Bears do not have. I do not think there is a single player on their offense that teams fear, maybe Robinson, but he's useless since they rarely get the ball to him.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:03 am

The Bears don't value the offensive line. They haven't since the 80s. Anyone on here that's posted for any amount of time can attest that I've been calling for OL help for 10+ years. I think they drafted Long in that time span. They just don't value it as an organization. No matter the GM.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:34 am

If you look at the Bears' first round draft picks since 1991, it's depressing. 7 Pro Bowlers in 30 years- one of which was Trubisky-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chicago_Bears_first-round_draft_picks
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:28 am

dusty7 wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

Two years ago the Line wasnt that bad Leno and Massie both played pretty well and earned their payday.  The last season and a half they have done nothing but regressed.

What did they do to add reinforcements? To continue to maintain the play of the line in case of injury, trade, free agency, or lack of production? You have to have some depth, at least 2 or 3 guys you can implant and there is not a drastic fall off.  

My point is they have spent way too much time focusing on a kicker, a QB, and offensive weapons, they have lost sight of where football games are actually won, with the god damn lines. At all levels of football, your offense is only as good as your O-Line. If your line sucks, chances are you will suck unless you have a very special athlete at QB or RB, which the Bears do not have.  I do not think there is a single player on their offense that teams fear, maybe Robinson, but he's useless since they rarely get the ball to him.  

Well like I said they had played well and they extended their deals not knowing that they would fall off so bad the next year. They didnt have a 1st or 2nd Round pick in 2019 they used their 3rd on Montgomery which they needed an every down back with Howard no longer in the plans and then whiffed on Riley Ridley in the 4th round trying to add more weapons. Now if you want to complain about them now drafting a Lineman earlier in the draft im totally ok with. Maybe the thought Castillo could fix the problems. Johnson and Kmet I think are going to be good players for awhile. I think the Bears should be back to full draft capital next year they need to shed some Cap Space and might come at the expense of a pretty good player.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:46 pm

How do you not have a play ready after the Fake Punt? Had to take a TO and have Titans D a chance to catch their breath after going over, sitting down, then rushing back to the field. Come on, you have them on theor heels and a play call should have been ready. Another reason Nagy needs to act as an HC not an OC.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:08 pm

The game starts with 4 straight 3 and outs for the Bears and their very good defense finally broke and gave up a TD. The major problem is, you guessed it, an OLine that can't protect. First possession of 2nd half the Bears get a drive going for the first time all day to the Titan 31 4th and 1. There they proceed to false start twice in a row, the 2nd one by Jimmy Graham, to kill the drive. Foles with his lack of mobility is a sitting duck.
As I type this Montgomery coughs up the ball and it's returned for a TD, 17-0. What a waste of a good defense.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:24 pm

That first and goal play is a good summary of the Bears offense now...it actually looked like that shovel pass might have been open. Yet, the OL got so blown off the ball Robinson couldn't get the ball.

wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:31 pm

Checked the score before I watched the tape after waking up. No need to waste my time watching Nagy be "him".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:05 pm

Nagy is turning over the play calling duties to OC Bill Lazor. The OLine is still weak so I'm not expecting significant improvement.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:53 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Nagy is turning over the play calling duties to OC Bill Lazor. The OLine is still weak so I'm not expecting significant improvement.
Maybe not, but at least they'll hopefully stop the 3-5 plays a game that completely undermine them.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Time for the Lazor show tonight!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Time for the Lazor show tonight!

The Lazor show will be very similar to the Nagy show. Overall, the decision making during the game will improve and hopefully we will not some the delay of game penalties and the misuse of timeouts.

The issue with the Bears offense starts with the O-Line.

People want the Bears to draft a QB this year, in my opinion that would be the wrong move. They need to start drafting O-Line and continue solidifying the defense. Take your lumps with Foles and draft a QB in 3 years. Any QB drafted next year would fail with this current O-line.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:11 pm

I'd agree on Lazor...I don't know that there's going to be a huge difference in the down to down play calling; I also concur that I hope having him just worrying about offensive play calling will help them eliminate some of those wasted time outs and delay penalties. I think there's a good chance of that.

As for the draft, can't they do both? Depending on where they draft, I think a 1st round QB and a 2nd and 3rd Round OL could work; They have Whithair, Daniels, and the young kid from Sally N D who's hurt right now who are all solid building blocks. The T's aren't great, we've established that, but I do think there's some young pieces there to work with. You can usually find year one starters in the first 3-4 rounds of the draft on the OL. I think they need to hit reset at QB as soon as possible in my opinion. You wait 3 years, the OL you draft now are going to be coming out of contract shortly thereafter and it'll get awfully expensive to keep everything in place.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:36 pm

lefty120 wrote:I'd agree on Lazor...I don't know that there's going to be a huge difference in the down to down play calling; I also concur that I hope having him just worrying about offensive play calling will help them eliminate some of those wasted time outs and delay penalties.  I think there's a good chance of that.

As for the draft, can't they do both?  Depending on where they draft, I think a 1st round QB and a 2nd and 3rd Round OL could work; They have Whithair, Daniels, and the young kid from Sally N D who's hurt right now who are all solid building blocks.  The T's aren't great, we've established that, but I do think there's some young pieces there to work with.  You can usually find year one starters in the first 3-4 rounds of the draft on the OL.  I think they need to hit reset at QB as soon as possible in my opinion.  You wait 3 years, the OL you draft now are going to be coming out of contract shortly thereafter and it'll get awfully expensive to keep everything in place.

Of course they could do both. But I don't want to see them draft a QB like a Mahomes, Watson, Prescott, and ruin their career because of a terrible O-Line their first few seasons. Go ahead and draft Lawrence or the kid from BYU and we will be having the same conversation in 3 years. Maybe don't wait 3 years for a QB but what are you going to get for Foles or Trubisky right now?

Mahomes was successful because of the system around him and the established line around him.  Any QB the Bears draft will not have that same luxury next season, hopefully in the subsequent seasons but definitely not next season. Since Foles is familiar with Nagy's systems, it might be a good move to keep him so that he can help groom the next QB such as Farve and Rodgers.

Either way, the Bears problems go much deeper than just the O-line and QB.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:17 pm

If im the Bears my draft looks like thiis

1st Round - Offensive Line
2nd Round - Offensive Line
3rd Round - Offensive Line

Drafting lineman in the 7th didnt quite work out for them this year. They need guys that can step in and play right away. If they keep sliding they could get close to the top 10 and get a tackle like the kid from Bama.

Until they fix they line they wont be able to run the ball and it wont matter who is behind Center.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next