Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 6 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by lefty120 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Totally agree. Patterson is their best cover guy though on top of returning kicks and multiple rolls on offense.

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:20 pm

Troy Aikman is horrible. That is all.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:34 pm

That was the best Bears win in 2 years.

I think I'm in man love with Roquan Smith.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:38 pm

I'm glad the Bears won but I was shocked when they threw the ball on 2nd down. They should have left Tampa Bay with about :30 seconds instead of 1:13. I figured Brady was going to make them pay for that. TB has a good kicker too.
I'll take the win but lack of a running game will catch up with them as the season goes on.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I'm glad the Bears won but I was shocked when they threw the ball on 2nd down. They should have left Tampa Bay with about :30 seconds instead of 1:13. I figured Brady was going to make them pay for that. TB has a good kicker too.
I'll take the win but lack of a running game will catch up with them as the season goes on.
They looked real good running from the gun. They should do that more. That seems to be more of Montgomery's game.

After laying up in the Philly playoff game, I won't get on Nagy for being aggressive. And yes, I just agreed with Matt Nagy.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:06 am

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I'm glad the Bears won but I was shocked when they threw the ball on 2nd down. They should have left Tampa Bay with about :30 seconds instead of 1:13. I figured Brady was going to make them pay for that. TB has a good kicker too.
They looked real good running from the gun. They should do that more. That seems to be more of Montgomery's game.

After laying up in the Philly playoff game, I won't get on Nagy for being aggressive. And yes, I just agreed with Matt Nagy.

I don't think they ran the ball well at all. The OL is not good. It looked like for every positive yard Montgomery gained, he had to juke and jive 3-4 lateral or backwards yards to get it. Every yard he gained, he earned pretty much without the OL.

Foles isn't going to make it if the OL puts in a few more performances like that. And it wasn't like they were getting beat with anything exotic. More than not, the OL was just getting run over.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:49 am

Our OL concerns me; the first 5 games to me anyway are proof it wasn't Hiestand. Their personnel is weak. Tackles are very weak. I like Whitehair and Daniels (LG) although Daniels is down with a pec...young kid that came in was overwhelmed.

So my boys and I questioned Nagy at the end as well in real time...here's a thought I had this morning though; didn't Bruce Arians do basically the same thing when they were up 16-14 with just over 2:00 to play? He ran it, Bears burned a time out with about 2:40 something left, then he throws two passes leaving the Bears essentially with 3 time outs still. The way our offense is, I'd have made us burn those last two and put us in a real pickle.

I've said this since I was a young arrogant know it all coach, and it's one of the things I think I may have had right...high school coaches are no different than the big time guys...they just happened to be at the right place at the right time with the right guy, that's it. Some of the shit these guys do who make 5 million a year blows my mind.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 am

I don't remember who it was, but I listened to a clinic speaker one time who had experience at the NFL, college, and high school level. Granted, he may have been just trying to brownnose an audience of predominantly high school coaches, but one of his first points was to not assume a college or NFL coach is a good coach just because of the level they're at.

In terms of last night, it was a huge win for the Bears given they still have to play most of their division games. I actually felt good about the Bears' chances considering road teams never seem to do well on the short week, but I am surprised they pulled off the win. TB still isn't sycing with Brady at QB and they were without some guys as well.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:18 am

Head Idiot wrote:That was the best Bears win in 2 years.

Did the bears really Win this game???? How about the Roughing call on Foles that extended the drive? Did they score on that series, I cannot recall. The Bucs are really not that good.

Saints are good, and they lost
Carolina is average and they won
Denver is Bad, and they won
Chargers are really bad and they won
Bears are average and it was really a 50/50 game.

That said, the Bears are doing exactly what the Cubs did by winning a bunch of early games and it might just get them into the playoffs where they will get smoked and be out just like the Cubs. Sigh!

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:21 am

general maximus wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:That was the best Bears win in 2 years.

Did the bears really Win this game????  How about the Roughing call on Foles that extended the drive?  Did they score on that series, I cannot recall.  The Bucs are really not that good.  

Saints are good, and they lost
Carolina is average and they won
Denver is Bad, and they won
Chargers are really bad and they won
Bears are average and it was really a 50/50 game.

That said, the Bears are doing exactly what the Cubs did by winning a bunch of early games and it might just get them into the playoffs where they will get smoked and be out just like the Cubs.  Sigh!

You may be right here coach...but after last year I'll take it.

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 am

I saw Sportscenter this morning and Tom Brady was trying to dodge the question, then denied that he lost track of what down it was at the end.

He lost track. That sort of thing happens when you get older.

Teetime
Admin

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:05 am

Just win baby.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:07 am

Head Idiot wrote:Troy Aikman is horrible. That is all.

He nailed that call on the TD catch by Graham.

I'll take Aikman over Collinsworth every time.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:31 am

lefty120 wrote:Our OL concerns me; the first 5 games to me anyway are proof it wasn't Hiestand.  Their personnel is weak.  Tackles are very weak.  I like Whitehair and Daniels (LG) although Daniels is down with a pec...young kid that came in was overwhelmed.  

So my boys and I questioned Nagy at the end as well in real time...here's a thought I had this morning though; didn't Bruce Arians do basically the same thing when they were up 16-14 with just over 2:00 to play?  He ran it, Bears burned a time out with about 2:40 something left, then he throws two passes leaving the Bears essentially with 3 time outs still.  The way our offense is, I'd have made us burn those last two and put us in a real pickle.  

I've said this since I was a young arrogant know it all coach, and it's one of the things I think I may have had right...high school coaches are no different than the big time guys...they just happened to be at the right place at the right time with the right guy, that's it.  Some of the shit these guys do who make 5 million a year blows my mind.  

Looking back I think he didnt have the confidence in his kicker from that range and knew he couldnt run against Tampa's Defense. He took the chance throwing the ball and left it on the defense to get the stop in the end and they rose to the moment.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:38 am

ramblinman wrote:

Being the world's tallest midget doesn't make you tall.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:46 am

Of all the idiotic things Nagy does on a game by game basis, I find it funny that this is the one thing you guys are angry about. Very Happy

That said, that was the best game I've seen him call since 2018. No stupid Wildcat, no idiot reverses, actually learned that when he lined up under center he ran 90% of the time and threw 90% of the time out of the gun (I bet the rest of the league isn't real happy with the Colts for letting that get into the media. There were some stupid sequences- like the three plays in a row when they threw the ball to Montgomery or the series were they threw two bubble screens on 1st and 2nd down- but it was less "him".

Baby steps Bob. Baby steps.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Not Bears related, but I found this interesting. Ryan Tannehill vs Patrick Mahomes over their past 14 games. Remember, one is a "game manager" and one is the "face of the league" who talk radio has taken to talking about in comparison to Montana, Brady, Manning, etc

Tannehill Mahomes
*14 starts w/Ten *Last 14 starts

11-3 Record 11-3
3,602 Pass Yds 3,674
31/6 TD/INT 28/6
116.7 Rating 102.3
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Not Bears related, but I found this interesting. Ryan Tannehill vs Patrick Mahomes over their past 14 games. Remember, one is a "game manager" and one is the "face of the league" who talk radio has taken to talking about in comparison to Montana, Brady, Manning, etc

Tannehill                 Mahomes
*14 starts w/Ten  *Last 14 starts

11-3         Record      11-3
  3,602     Pass Yds   3,674
  31/6       TD/INT      28/6
   116.7     Rating     102.3

If I'm building a team and can choose any QB I'm still taking Mahomes but that's an interesting stat. Without looking I'm guessing that over the last 14 games Mahomes level of competition was better. After all they won the Super Bowl last year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Not Bears related, but I found this interesting. Ryan Tannehill vs Patrick Mahomes over their past 14 games. Remember, one is a "game manager" and one is the "face of the league" who talk radio has taken to talking about in comparison to Montana, Brady, Manning, etc

If I'm building a team and can choose any QB I'm still taking Mahomes but that's an interesting stat. Without looking I'm guessing that over the last 14 games Mahomes level of competition was better. After all they won the Super Bowl last year.
The Titans went to the AFC Championship and lost to the Chiefs 34-25.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Being the world's tallest midget doesn't make you tall.
This is the 2nd time I've been given the red mark of shame for this joke. Must have some angry midgets here.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

The Titans went to the AFC Championship and lost to the Chiefs 34-25.

They definitely had a good run last year. Vrabel deserves some kudos for knocking off NE and Baltimore. They are a team to keep an eye on. His Secondary coach from last year is back at Ohio State.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Bears beat a decent Carolina team on the road today 23-16. The defense came up with 3 turnovers and 4 sacks to lead the way. Bears only ran for 63 yards today. They've got to prioritize offensive line in next years draft.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Maybe they should prioritize game clock management. Nagy almost pissed this one away again.
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:23 pm

dusty7 wrote:Maybe they should prioritize game clock management.  Nagy almost pissed this one away again.

Yep on that 3rd and 2 late they decided to throw. That tells you how much faith they have in their running game.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 pm

dusty7 wrote:Maybe they should prioritize game clock management.  Nagy almost pissed this one away again.
Have I ever mentioned on here how much I hate Matt Nagy's \"f\"ing play calling?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum