Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 20 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by ramblinman Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:01 pm

dusty7 wrote:Saw on Twitter Fuller may be gone to free agency.  

Looks like they are trying to tank with these moves.  

I agree it looks that way, but if that were really the case, then why not just stick with Trubisky and Foles and save themselves $7.5 million in salary next year?  Trubisky signed a one year deal for $2.5 million with the Bills, and Dalton's one year deal with the Bad News Bears will pay him $10 million.  

Is Dalton really $7.5 million better than Mitch?  Time will tell.  Hope he gets the same kind of O-line that Mitch had so we can have a true apples to apples comparison.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:16 pm

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:44 pm

Probably why he wanted out so bad.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:53 pm

The Bears finally make a mini-splash in free agency by signing Damien Williams from the Chiefs. I guess this may be a good fit since he knows the system but he was a non-factor last season. I think with this signing the writing is on the wall for Patterson to not be a Bear next year.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm

The Bears get Justin Fields! The Bears didn’t screw up for a change.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Bears get Justin Fields! The Bears didn’t screw up for a change.

Maybe not but the kid better pan out. He did not looked thrilled to be picked. The Bears gave up next years 1st Round, this year's 5, and next year's 4. That's a lot of future picks for an aging team for an unproven youngster who has injury issues and suffers from epilepsy. He's a seizure away from being told should not or cannot play football.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 pm

The Bears have a long history of making bad picks at QB. The Bears are the only team in the NFL that haven’t had a QB throw for 4000 yards or 30 TD in a season during the era of the 16 game schedule 1976-2020. The family history of epilepsy have been cases of early in life symptoms that have disappeared by middle age. In his only full season at OSU he had 41 TD passes and only 3 picks. I watched his NFL pro day and he was throwing dimes with regularity. Very good arm strength and can make all the throws. He also ran a 4.44 forty, the best time for a QB since 2011. My only concern would be the Bears coaches screwing him up. After all these years the Bears finally have a QB that can be among the leagues best.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:33 am

OSUBucks wrote:My only concern would be the Bears coaches screwing him up. After all these years the Bears finally have a QB that can be among the leagues best.

All of the intangibles you mentioned are great but this and the players around him are all that matters. RB's and WR's should be okay barring any injuries, Cohen coming off of an ACL is a bit worrisome but he should be fine. Dalton and Foles as mentors will be okay but both strike me as guys who want to be on the field and not mentoring, OL will hopefully build on the improvement they made towards the end of last year. Once again, injuries might be the biggest issue with this group. Defensively, the Bears have an aging defense and it needs to be addressed. They cannot rest on their laurels from 2 years ago and are not near as effective as changing games as they have been in the past. I've said it before, as good as Mack is, his contract is killing the ability of the team to go out and get other essential players.  

I am happy about the pick but Bears fans need to calm down and stop acting like this pick has already changed the direction of the franchise, it hasn't yet, hopefully it will but I wouldn't be too optimistic.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:28 am

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:My only concern would be the Bears coaches screwing him up. After all these years the Bears finally have a QB that can be among the leagues best.

All of the intangibles you mentioned are great but this and the players around him are all that matters. RB's and WR's should be okay barring any injuries, Cohen coming off of an ACL is a bit worrisome but he should be fine.  Dalton and Foles as mentors will be okay but both strike me as guys who want to be on the field and not mentoring, OL will hopefully build on the improvement they made towards the end of last year.  Once again, injuries might be the biggest issue with this group.  Defensively, the Bears have an aging defense and it needs to be addressed. They cannot rest on their laurels from 2 years ago and are not near as effective as changing games as they have been in the past.  I've said it before, as good as Mack is, his contract is killing the ability of the team to go out and get other essential players.    

I am happy about the pick but Bears fans need to calm down and stop acting like this pick has already changed the direction of the franchise, it hasn't yet, hopefully it will but I wouldn't be too optimistic.  

Okay Debbie Downer Very Happy I'd agree with quite a bit actually, but it's also okay to be excited for a day. He's without question the most seasoned and talented QB the Bears have had since Cutler and before that...well, ever. My question is, why doesn't he start week 1? Dalton and Foles are not better than him and won't be after mini camp, training camp etc. Just throw him out there and lets go to work.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:09 am

lefty120 wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

All of the intangibles you mentioned are great but this and the players around him are all that matters. RB's and WR's should be okay barring any injuries, Cohen coming off of an ACL is a bit worrisome but he should be fine.  Dalton and Foles as mentors will be okay but both strike me as guys who want to be on the field and not mentoring, OL will hopefully build on the improvement they made towards the end of last year.  Once again, injuries might be the biggest issue with this group.  Defensively, the Bears have an aging defense and it needs to be addressed. They cannot rest on their laurels from 2 years ago and are not near as effective as changing games as they have been in the past.  I've said it before, as good as Mack is, his contract is killing the ability of the team to go out and get other essential players.    

Okay Debbie Downer Very Happy I'd agree with quite a bit actually, but it's also okay to be excited for a day.  He's without question the most seasoned and talented QB the Bears have had since Cutler and before that...well, ever.  My question is, why doesn't he start week 1?  Dalton and Foles are not better than him and won't be after mini camp, training camp etc.  Just throw him out there and lets go to work.  

Talented?  Yes.  Seasoned?  Hard to use that word to describe a guy who just turned 22 and has yet to take a snap as an NFL QB.  

Why sign Dalton for one year at $10MM and then trade away the future to draft Fields and put him ahead of Dalton on the depth chart?  That's a pretty expensive second string QB in that case.

In a previous post, I asked if Dalton is $7.5 million better than Trubisky because that's the difference in 2021 salary between the two.  If they're going to start Fields in game 1, then they could have signed Trubisky for a year and saved themselves $7.5 million.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 am

dusty7 wrote: the players around him are all that matters. 

this ^
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 pm

The Bears have the 83rd pick in the draft. He is destined to be the greatest player in franchise history.

#83Nation
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:28 pm

His experiences at Georgia and OSU make him by far the most seasoned QB the Bears have taken in the draft...and it’s not close. Over 30 starts against SEC and Big 10 teams. I’d argue he was the most seasoned in this draft. Trevor Lawrence is good, but his weekly competition in the ACC isn’t what Fields has seen. Same for the kid from BYU and North Dakota State. Jones is the one who’s close...but have to figure the amount of talent around Jones in that conversation too.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:29 pm

There’s plenty of time for the Bears to screw this up...the thing that intrigues me most about Fields is his accuracy. Trubisky had a lot of tools; but he missed WAY to many open receivers. And the ones he hit couldn’t run after catch. You don’t see that on Fields tape.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:55 pm

lefty120 wrote:His experiences at Georgia and OSU make him by far the most seasoned QB the Bears have taken in the draft...and it’s not close. Over 30 starts against SEC and Big 10 teams. I’d argue he was the most seasoned in this draft. Trevor Lawrence is good, but his weekly competition in the ACC isn’t what Fields has seen. Same for the kid from BYU and North Dakota State. Jones is the one who’s close...but have to figure the amount of talent around Jones in that conversation too.
Fields is not only really athletic but he’s smart too. I think he can learn the playbook faster than a lot of guys and be starting early in the season. I had him as the #2 QB in the draft. Mac Jones is a smart QB and accurate but he played on a historically good offensive team. Alabama had 6 first rounders last night! I hope the Bears can use their remaining picks to bolster the OLine and WR positions.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Bears pick Teven Jenkins a 6-6 320 Olineman. I think he’s their future RT. Through the 1st two rounds I give the Bears an A grade.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon May 03, 2021 10:38 am

Jenkins could end up being LT and if thats the case it makes Pace look alot better getting a LT in the 2nd round that easily could of been taken in the 1st round. Jury out on Fields still 1st round QB I think are something like 50/50 at best the last 10 years. WR Dazz Newsome in the 6th was a nice addition. Still think they need help at Cornerback. Didnt like the picks they gave away but desperate times call for desperate measures.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon May 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Leno released today.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon May 03, 2021 4:10 pm

lefty120 wrote:Leno released today.

Hmmm, that sounds like they are going to throw Jenkins right in there at LT. Jenkins arms were measured at 33 and a half at the combine. That’s a bit less than ideal for an NFL left tackle. If Jenkins works out at LT I guess either Wilkinson or Ifedi at RT.

Last edited by OSUBucks on Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon May 03, 2021 4:11 pm

lefty120 wrote:Leno released today.

I could see this coming once they drafted a 2nd OT. I also would have liked to see them draft another CB but may with the money they have left they can find on the market. I give them props for the move they made and I would rate them a solid B+ only because they trade next year's 1st round pick. I get it that they got the guy they wanted but Field's may not pan out and they lost the ability to plug another hole next season.

All in all, they still need to make some moves on the defense but I think the team is pretty much set up for next season. My early prediction is 8-9 with Ravens, Steelers, and Bucs on the schedule, and don't forget about an improving Bengals, Browns, and Giants teams, solid but defensively weak Cardinals and Seahawks, and the 0-2 vs. the Packers, the traditional split with the Vikings, but the 2-0 vs the Lions.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon May 03, 2021 7:38 pm

I APOLOGIZE FOR PUTTING THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD, I MEANT TO PUT IT INTO THE "SINCE..." THREAD BUT MADE A MISTAKE.

Zinnani out after this season at Bishop Mac.  Replacement already on staff.
https://www.daily-journal.com/sports/football-mcnamaras-zinanni-to-retire-after-next-season/article_894a0cca-ac43-11eb-b1ef-9b038ab14130.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Aaron Hilgendorf hires at Mascoutah. Great coach who will do a phenomenal job.

These won't be the only ones in the K3 area from what I have been told.

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue May 04, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue May 04, 2021 6:49 am

dusty7 wrote:Zinnani out after this season at Bishop Mac.  Replacement already on staff.
https://www.daily-journal.com/sports/football-mcnamaras-zinanni-to-retire-after-next-season/article_894a0cca-ac43-11eb-b1ef-9b038ab14130.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

did josh leave mascoutah?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue May 04, 2021 9:11 am

dusty7 wrote:Zinnani out after this season at Bishop Mac.  Replacement already on staff.

Big Z is a legend. If they can get through Immaculate Conception I see the Irish taking home the Class 2A title this fall in his final year at NIU where he went to school.

Great situation for Aaron at Mascoutah he is going to do great things there.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue May 04, 2021 9:58 am

Bighitter11 wrote:

Big Z is a legend.  If they can get through Immaculate Conception I see the Irish taking home the Class 2A title this fall in his final year at NIU where he went to school.

Great situation for Aaron at Mascoutah he is going to do great things there.

The fact that Mac and IC are 2A is stupid. No school in 2A is anywhere close to being at the level of these two schools. All because they did not participate in the playoffs in 2021 just like everyother school in the state. I can easily see 1A - 6A all being Privates.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next