Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by 19delta Fri May 15, 2020 2:28 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:Really? What are you doing to support that Casey's clerk? I know what I did with my check from Santa Trump. What did you do with yours?

If, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, your pal Poopy can tell people who alert the authorities about him and his patrons breaking the executive order restrictions to mind their goddamn business, I figure you can do the same when it comes to my federal stimulus money and what I have done or will do with it.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/punishing-poopy-illinois-is-threatening-to-revoke-liquor-and-gambling-licenses-for-ignoring-the-stay-at-home-order/e0f06fc7-ec5b-490b-ae7d-b9a3713c9da5

Yep. That's what I thought. Rolling Eyes

If you truly thought that I would tell you to mind your goddamn business, then why did you ask the question in the first place?

If you really thought something else about how I spent it, then say so, even though you don't have an effing clue.  

Eh, I like having my beliefs confirmed. Thanks for doing that! 👍
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 2:34 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:Really? What are you doing to support that Casey's clerk? I know what I did with my check from Santa Trump. What did you do with yours?

If, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, your pal Poopy can tell people who alert the authorities about him and his patrons breaking the executive order restrictions to mind their goddamn business, I figure you can do the same when it comes to my federal stimulus money and what I have done or will do with it.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/punishing-poopy-illinois-is-threatening-to-revoke-liquor-and-gambling-licenses-for-ignoring-the-stay-at-home-order/e0f06fc7-ec5b-490b-ae7d-b9a3713c9da5

If you truly thought that I would tell you to mind your goddamn business, then why did you ask the question in the first place?

If you really thought something else about how I spent it, then say so, even though you don't have an effing clue.  

You're welcome for confirming your belief that I would tell you to mind your goddamn business when you inquired about my federal stimulus payment.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:The guy's got a point-
"When a government says that abortion clinics and pot dispensaries and liquor stores are essential and churches are not essential, they are calling evil good and they are calling good evil," he said. "And that is not acceptable."

https://herald-review.com/news/local/decatur-church-says-defying-governors-order-is-about-obeying-god-not-politics/article_19ebbc60-edee-5086-9a9b-82d26f84df66.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

I'm no fan of abortion clinics and pot dispensaries, but how many people get crammed inside of them?

Quite happy to order liquor from open liquor stores and have it delivered as I quiver and quake in the shelter and safety of my ivory tower.
Far fewer in either the church or those other places than are currently at the Menards or Lowe's that are apparently fine to be open.

Do you think Menards and Lowe's should be opened or closed? If opened, then should churches be allowed to open with as many or more people than a Menards or Lowe's and cram them into far fewer square feet?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 pm

dusty7 wrote:Allow people to be responsible for themselves, that is all many people are asking.  Let the mom and pop store next to Wal-Mart open for their customers, let restaurants who follow the appropriate guidelines for business, allow people to worship and practice their faith, just please,  have some faith in the people of our country to do the right thing and police the situation themselves.  

Wisconsin opened back up yesterday. Those cheeseheads couldn't beat their feet and their maskless faces fast enough to the closest watering hole in droves where they could be responsible for themselves and police the situation themselves.

I have a deal for ya. Let's just let that petri dish to the north be our guide.  We'll take a snap shot of their daily new cases and their number of daily hospital admissions and number of ICU beds in use as of the day before yesterday.  And, then let's compare that same data to what they will experience 3, 4, 5, and 6 weeks from now. If they experience a surge, then we'll know to continue the restrictions here in Illinois.  If their data remains flat or goes down, then we'll know that it's safe to come out and stop quaking in fear here in Illinois. Let's turn those badgers into our guinea pigs. Deal?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri May 15, 2020 3:05 pm

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/hosp-data.htm

Here's the Snapshot:
Total Bed Availability - 3,533
Total Beds - 11,521
Percentage Available - 69%

COVID-19 Status
ICU Patients - 113
Total COVID Patients - 351
Percentage ICU - 36%

Ventilators on Hand - 1,260
Patients Receiving Vents - 338 (I take it that not all are COVID since this far exceeds the number of ICU patients)

I would have to say, even with an outbreak, Wisconsin looks like it is pretty well prepared.

If there is an increase in infections does that mean opening was a failure? or Only if there is an increase in the number of hospitalizations determines a failure? Just curious what we are going to consider a success or a failure.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri May 15, 2020 3:26 pm

dusty7 wrote: Just curious what we are going to consider a success or a failure.  

*sound of a can of worms opening*
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 3:49 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
"When a government says that abortion clinics and pot dispensaries and liquor stores are essential and churches are not essential, they are calling evil good and they are calling good evil," he said. "And that is not acceptable."

https://herald-review.com/news/local/decatur-church-says-defying-governors-order-is-about-obeying-god-not-politics/article_19ebbc60-edee-5086-9a9b-82d26f84df66.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

I'm no fan of abortion clinics and pot dispensaries, but how many people get crammed inside of them?

Quite happy to order liquor from open liquor stores and have it delivered as I quiver and quake in the shelter and safety of my ivory tower.
Far fewer in either the church or those other places than are currently at the Menards or Lowe's that are apparently fine to be open.

Do you think Menards and Lowe's should be opened or closed?  If  opened, then should churches be allowed to open with as many or more people than a Menards or Lowe's and cram them into far fewer square feet?
I think my position has been pretty clear, but I think everything that wants to reopen should be allowed to. Remember the whole point of this was to flatten the curve and keep hospital from being overrun. Mission accomplished.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 15, 2020 3:50 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Wouldn't the better option be to abstain from alcohol so whoever is delivering it to you doesn't have to go out and risk getting coronavirus just so you can have a drink?
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 3:52 pm

wolverine55 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Wouldn't the better option be to abstain from alcohol so whoever is delivering it to you doesn't have to go out and risk getting coronavirus just so you can have a drink?

No.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 15, 2020 3:55 pm

So, hypocrite. Got it.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Do you think Menards and Lowe's should be opened or closed?  If  opened, then should churches be allowed to open with as many or more people than a Menards or Lowe's and cram them into far fewer square feet?
I think my position has been pretty clear, but I think everything that wants to reopen should be allowed to. Remember the whole point of this was to flatten the curve and keep hospital from being overrun. Mission accomplished.

We pretty much closed the state down with a relative few number of cases and not any deaths. Now that we have thousands of new cases a day and daily deaths of around 100, you want to open everything up that wants to reopen? Does the thought occur to you that everything we have sacrificed in the past 6-7 weeks will be for nought if reopening causes us to have another surge? Will it be mission accomplished if we go from spike to spike to spike? That a whole new curve will be developed that we will have to mitigate yet again?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 4:01 pm

wolverine55 wrote:So, hypocrite.  Got it.

I'll drink to that.

BTW, do you order anything online? Do you have anything delivered at all? Or are you going out and going full in person retail shopping all the time for all your needs. Just wondering.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 15, 2020 4:12 pm

ramblinman wrote:

I'll drink to that.  

BTW, do you order anything online?  Do you have anything delivered at all?  Or are you going out and going full in person retail shopping all the time for all your needs.  Just wondering.

I pretty much go out and shop. I try to limit it to once a week and for the most part have been successful in that limitation. Social distancing honestly hasn't changed my life much in terms of social habits as I'm a bit of a homebody anyway. But...I also haven't been ranting for almost 40 pages on a message board about how people who do that or favor that are inconsiderate and evil either...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm

dusty7 wrote:https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/hosp-data.htm

Here's the Snapshot:
Total Bed Availability - 3,533
Total Beds - 11,521
Percentage Available - 69%

COVID-19 Status
ICU Patients - 113
Total COVID Patients - 351
Percentage ICU - 36%

Ventilators on Hand - 1,260
Patients Receiving Vents - 338 (I take it that not all are COVID since this far exceeds the number of ICU patients)

I would have to say, even with an outbreak, Wisconsin looks like it is pretty well prepared.

If there is an increase in infections does that mean opening was a failure? or Only if there is an increase in the number of hospitalizations determines a failure?  Just curious what we are going to consider a success or a failure.  

If there is an increase in infections does that mean opening was a failure? I don't know. If there is "only" a 10% bump in daily infections, would you say reopening was successful?

The hospital data is great. I'd also like to see data such as the daily number of new infections, and the daily number of deaths.

In all seriousness, I'm thinking there will be a pronounced spike of cases, deaths, etc.. If there isn't, and the increase is marginal, then I will be quite happy to be proven wrong and I will admit that the juice of a restarted economy is worth the squeeze of just a little more human suffering with this disease.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm

2432 new cases today and 130 deaths today for Illinois. Over the past 7 days Illinois has averaged about 20,000 tests per day. Current positivity rate statewide average is 12%. Cook County is the worst county in the country for the virus I read today. cheers I checked Georgia's stats today and I'm still not seeing the big spike yet that was predicted by the media. 13 deaths and 704 new cases today there. I'm still hopeful that we're going to be free sometime in June.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You're welcome for confirming your belief that I would tell you to mind your goddamn business when you inquired about my federal stimulus payment.

Yep...you kept it. Glad the pandemic has been so lucrative for you.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri May 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Yes. Exactly. Ramblinman doesn't care what happens to other people during the pandemic. He just doesn't want to get it. So, of course he is going to support draconian restrictions. All those people who can't work and have lost their businesses...screw those dumb, poor bastards!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 15, 2020 6:07 pm

19delta wrote:

Yes. Exactly. Ramblinman doesn't care what happens to other people during the pandemic. He just doesn't want to get it. So, of course he is going to support draconian restrictions. All those people who can't work and have lost their businesses...screw those dumb, poor bastards!

Yep, there are people who have been working for all of their adult lives who are on the verge of losing everything they have. That one time $1200 stipend wasn't nearly enough to sustain them for very long. This has wrecked our economy for years even if everyone goes back to work now, which isn't happening. We're not ready yet but I think there's a decent chance we will be ready soon. Those folks who are making every excuse to keep us shut down all Summer just so their party can capture the White House are terrible people IMO.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

We pretty much closed the state down with a relative few number of cases and not any deaths.  Now that we have thousands of new cases a day and daily deaths of around 100, you want to open everything up that wants to reopen?  Does the thought occur to you that everything we have sacrificed in the past 6-7 weeks will be for nought if reopening causes us to have another surge?  Will it be mission accomplished if we go from spike to spike to spike?  That a whole new curve will be developed that we will have to mitigate yet again?
According to the governor, none of this matters until there's a vaccine. That isn't happening anytime soon. If the goal is to wait until a vaccine (which, those are SOOOO reliable- I mean, no one ever gets the flu right?) then any amount of shutdown was stupid. If people are going to keep getting infected and dying, biting the bullet and going Sweden on it would have been a much better solution.

So, what's your solution? \"f\"ing 3/4 of the population for 18 months by indefinitely hiding?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 15, 2020 8:47 pm

I'm not sure of the answer but while we'd take a bigger hit on the front end we'd develop greater herd immunity which would likely help down the road. Typically herd immunity isn't achieved in a year or two. Given how contagious this virus appears to be though the herd immunity could develop more quickly than that of many other viruses. There is a chance though that we'll have to live with the crisis longer because of our current strategy of social distancing.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri May 15, 2020 10:57 pm

For the Illinois vs. Wisconsin comparison, we can only use the new numbers for cases and deaths, and the hospital information.  Ramblin, I know you are not a and of the positivity rate but had to have a metric to measure the relative change in infection rate, obviously, total number increase won't be an accurate comparison.

Since we are looking at the entirety of both states, I added "New Infections Per Capita" and "New Infection 7 Day Average" This way we can see over the same term if the numbers trend up or down based over the course of a week.

5/15 Numbers:
Illinois: Source
Total New Cases - 2,432
Total New Deaths - 130
Positivity Rate - 2,632/26565 - 9.15%
New Infection Per Capita - 2432/12,500,000 - .021%
New Infection 7 Day Average - 2,742
1,129 of 3,701 ICU Beds In Use- 30.5%
675 of 5,130 Vents in Use - 13.15%

Wisconsin:Source
Total New Cases - 410
Total New Deaths - 11
Positivity Rate - 410/6059 -6.77%
New Infection Per Capita - 410/5,822,200 - .007%
New Infection 7 Day Average - 299
127/ 1,395 ICU Bed in Use - 10.04%
327 of 1264 Vents in Use - 25.87%

Couldn't find total number of ICU beds on website and Illinois only posts the number of ICU Beds while Wisconsin posts Total Number of Beds.  I needed to make sure we were comparing Apples to Apples.

Wisconsin Hospital Bed Source
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat May 16, 2020 2:01 pm

So some folks are all for keeping the economy shut down in order to get this guy in the White House. It's not easy to be optimistic for the future when our choices are Trump or Biden.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/joe-biden-mixes-up-number-of-jobs-lost-coronavirus-deaths/
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat May 16, 2020 3:13 pm

63 in cass county in 21 days. that doesn't count the cases in brown, sangamon and schuyler that were contracted in cass.

and zero are in nursing homes in cass.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat May 16, 2020 3:52 pm

OSUBucks wrote:So some folks are all for keeping the economy shut down in order to get this guy in the White House. It's not easy to be optimistic for the future when our choices are Trump or Biden.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/joe-biden-mixes-up-number-of-jobs-lost-coronavirus-deaths/

There is not a doubt in my mind that the Democratic Party leadership want to drag this out as long as possible. Biden vs. Trump straight up...Trump wipes the floor with Biden. But Trump with a weak economy is vulnerable.

All they care about is winning. The rest of us don't matter. We are all expendable. Casualties of war.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat May 16, 2020 5:06 pm

More arbitrary nonsense:

https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/2020/05/fitness-centers-governor-pritzkers-covid-19-guidelines-discriminate/

Pritzker's emergency decree has forced gyms in the state to close. Except, of course, for the gyms in hotels. Like the Hyatte, which his family owns.

But Science! And Facts!🙄
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next