Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 35 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by 19delta Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:This thread is Illinois politics in a nutshell. Chicagoan telling people "downstate" what life is and should be like in their communities and then telling them they're wrong  and ignorant when it's pointed out they don't know what they're talking about.

Don't forget about the pouting. And taking their toys home when they don't get their way!  Very Happy

Not only is it Illinois politics, but it is also the golden rule in the sense that those with the gold make the rules.  Don't like it?  Move to Chicago.  Or to another state.  Or form your own state.  Good the eff luck.

This isn't the IHSA where some school with 150 kids has the same vote as a school with 4,000.
Several counties are voting on that very thing this fall. Personally I'd love to have Chicago separated from the rest. Would we be poorer? Yes. Would it be nice if our elected officials at least tried to act like they gave a shit about anything outside of one city? Yes.

When was the last time Pritzker appeared outside Chicago? Oh ya, we're sheltering in place. Except his family. And Chicago's mayor.

But, you \"f\"ing downstate that have almost zero chance of anything happening to you? Go \"f\"ing yourself.

I bet Pritzger has spent more time outside of Illinois than he has in the 815, 309, 217, and 618.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 14, 2020 8:08 pm

217 may have an argument just because of Springfield. 618 is only when he campaigned in Metro East.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 14, 2020 8:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:217 may have an argument just because of Springfield. 618 is only when he campaigned in Metro East.

Is he living in the Executive Mansion full-time?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:217 may have an argument just because of Springfield. 618 is only when he campaigned in Metro East.

For as often as he pops up in Chicago I can't imagine he is.

Odd note- prisoners from Lincoln and Taylorville (male- minimum prisons) were and are taken to the mansion to do yardwork and miscellaneous stuff. We started sending a crew of women over there last fall because Pritzker's wife wanted women to do the inside stuff. So, every Monday, Wed and Friday- when it's not rona time- we load up 2 or 3 inmates, drive an hour to Springfield in a 12 passenger van, they work for 3-5 hours and then they drive an hour back.

I don't believe they've ever met his wife.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 14, 2020 8:32 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

What are you going to do, set up roadblocks to keep people out?  You think if you open up that people from neighboring closed regions won't want to come on down and sample your charming hospitality and all your slice of nirvana has to offer?  Man, we are jonesing for a good time.  Might as well come down out of our ivory towers and spend our money in your freedom loving area.  So what if we infect you?  Y'all are immune to the 'rona anyway.  It's just in nursing homes, right?  The 'rona can't possibly run rampant with you farmer ballers.  You guys are obviously made of stronger stuff!
Come on down. I don't give a shit. You're not going to do anything to me. Have at it.

I just know you won't. Most of you couldn't find your way south of I80 with Google maps. Besides, that would require you to quit quaking in fear in your homes because the government told you you might die.

Yes. And he might have to rub elbows with dirty, ignorant, unmasked peasants with an 815, 309, 618, or 217 area code. Has ramblinman ever even been to a Casey's? 😆

Iowa City. Out of state.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 14, 2020 8:46 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:This thread is Illinois politics in a nutshell. Chicagoan telling people "downstate" what life is and should be like in their communities and then telling them they're wrong  and ignorant when it's pointed out they don't know what they're talking about.

Don't forget about the pouting. And taking their toys home when they don't get their way!  Very Happy

Not only is it Illinois politics, but it is also the golden rule in the sense that those with the gold make the rules.  Don't like it?  Move to Chicago.  Or to another state.  Or form your own state.  Good the eff luck.

This isn't the IHSA where some school with 150 kids has the same vote as a school with 4,000.

Woah, woah woah...back up my hillbilly horse-drawn carriage!

I thought your side has been saying that the Governor's plans were based on Science and Facts. That #TopMen were basing all these seemingly arbitrary and nonsense rules and procedures (at least to an uneducated rube such as myself) on hard numbers and data.

So you're saying now that the real reason that Pritzker is screwing the rest of the state is FYTW?

Not at all.  I said that only because you and your partner in crime HI decided to inject a "Chicago vs. the rest of the state" political slant to the debate.  Don't dish out the heat if you can't take it when it's dished back at you.

This from the guy who said in response to the idea of the rest of the state opening up that he and his Chicago pals would come down to the sticks and infect us all?

Ya, go \"f\"ing yourself.

What are you going to do, set up roadblocks to keep people out?  You think if you open up that people from neighboring closed regions won't want to come on down and sample your charming hospitality and all your slice of nirvana has to offer?  Man, we are jonesing for a good time.  Might as well come down out of our ivory towers and spend our money in your freedom loving area.  So what if we infect you?  Y'all are immune to the 'rona anyway.  It's just in nursing homes, right?  The 'rona can't possibly run rampant with you farmer ballers.  You guys are obviously made of stronger stuff!

What is stopping that from happening now? There are no real impediments to travel. Illinoisians surely have been traveling from urban areas to rural areas since March. So where are the piles of bodies? The overrun hospitals? The massive breakdown of society in rural Illinois due to thousands of infected people on respirators?

It isn't happening.

It isn't happening, in part, because we still can't gather at all.  

Once the NW corner of the state opens up, and if it does so before other areas, d'ya think that maybe the resorts at Eagle Ridge and Chestnut Mountain might draw a bunch of folks from my corner of the state?  I do.  If you don't, then what the hell are you in a hurry to open up for?  Y'all know that if it wasn't for Chicago area folks coming to your region and supporting your local economy, you wouldn't have much of an economy at all.  

And, what do you think the chances are of some of my people being asymptomatic and infecting the check out clerks at Casey's, or the restaurant, bar, and gift shop workers in Galena, or the people who work at those quaint wineries in Jo Daviess County?  It only takes one asymptomatic person to infect a whole bunch of folks.  And they infect others, and so forth and so on...

Last edited by ramblinman on Thu May 14, 2020 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 14, 2020 9:03 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Governor used positivity rate as the barometer during his interview today. RM needs to straighten his ass out! Smile

I'm convinced that JBP is using this positivity rate as an expedient rationale to assuage Illinoisans and people in his own party who want him to go slow on the reopen. He can point to the numbers and say that they call for the move from Phase 2 to Phase 3.

I see where northeastern Illinois can move to Phase 3 along with the rest of the state at the end of this month. That's too bad because that will simply cause the open uppers from everywhere else to whine that they shouldn't have the same restrictions as northeastern Illinois...even though they probably wouldn't have complained much at all if northeastern Illinois were kept behind them.

Positivity is an easy stat to manipulate. Just sustain a surge in tests and test a bunch more people who aren't sick. Prest-o change-o, low positivity! If JB wanted to keep things closed up, he could dial down the emphasis on testing people who aren't symptomatic and, voila, the positivity rate would increase.

He is totally gaming the Restore Illinois criteria he created.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 14, 2020 9:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Come on down. I don't give a shit. You're not going to do anything to me. Have at it.

I just know you won't. Most of you couldn't find your way south of I80 with Google maps. Besides, that would require you to quit quaking in fear in your homes because the government told you you might die.

Tough words, tough guy.

I'm staying in my home so that I don't become infected and infect others.  

You keep bringing up your low chances of death as some sort of mantra as to why this is whole thing is so incredibly overblown.  That was your first post in this thread a little over two months ago when you said, "Sweet Jesus, this thing is being overblown."  It's all about you and your infinitesimal chances of dying from the 'rona.  

Except that you, and me, and the Casey's check out clerk could very well have this thing and be passing it on to others.  I care about that, even if you don't give a shit.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 14, 2020 9:40 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The Governor used positivity rate as the barometer during his interview today. RM needs to straighten his ass out! Smile

I'm convinced that JBP is using this positivity rate as an expedient rationale to assuage Illinoisans and people in his own party who want him to go slow on the reopen.  He can point to the numbers and say that they call for the move from Phase 2 to Phase 3.

I see where northeastern Illinois can move to Phase 3 along with the rest of the state at the end of this month.  That's too bad because that will simply cause the open uppers from everywhere else to whine that they shouldn't have the same restrictions as northeastern Illinois...even though they probably wouldn't have complained much at all if northeastern Illinois were kept behind them.

Positivity is an easy stat to manipulate.  Just sustain a surge in tests and test a bunch more people who aren't sick.  Prest-o change-o, low positivity!  If JB wanted to keep things closed up, he could dial down the emphasis on testing people who aren't symptomatic and, voila, the positivity rate would increase.  

He is totally gaming the Restore Illinois criteria he created.

Oh I have considered the idea that JB is gaming the system to allow him flexibility in future decisions. He could always change his mind as 5/29 approaches. I don't think he wants to open up Southern and Central Regions and keep Chicago shut down longer. Chicago folks are his people, the people that will win him a 2nd term if he keeps them happy. If he carries 60% of the vote in Chicago he'll get reelected even if he only pulls 35% downstate.
A member of the Federal Reserve said today that if this goes on much longer the economy could be permanently damaged. I haven't drawn any conclusions on JBP's motivations yet but I know there are some Democrats and their media allies that are ready to do whatever they can to keep things shut down all Summer to insure Trump's defeat.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 am

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Tough words, tough guy.

You keep bringing up your low chances of death as some sort of mantra as to why this is whole thing is so incredibly overblown.  That was your first post in this thread a little over two months ago when you said, "Sweet Jesus, this thing is being overblown."  It's all about you and your infinitesimal chances of dying from the 'rona.  

Except that you, and me, and the Casey's check out clerk could very well have this thing and be passing it on to others.  I care about that, even if you don't give a shit.

Really? What are you doing to support that Casey's clerk? I know what I did with my check from Santa Trump. What did you do with yours?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri May 15, 2020 12:00 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Yes. And he might have to rub elbows with dirty, ignorant, unmasked peasants with an 815, 309, 618, or 217 area code. Has ramblinman ever even been to a Casey's? 😆

I sure as heck hope he has...their breakfast pizza is ridiculous. We put away at least 2 during our Saturday morning coaches meetings!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm

lefty120 wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

I sure as heck hope he has...their breakfast pizza is ridiculous. We put away at least 2 during our Saturday morning coaches meetings!

i don't like their regular pizza, but their breakfast pizza is awesome. have you tried it on the flatbread?

Last edited by net on Fri May 15, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm

19delta wrote:

Sterling guy ROFL
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 pm

I think my wife and I have not necessarily come full circle on the thing, but we have almost completely stopped paying attention to the news.  With two graduates (albeit one an 8th grader), we've been consumed with just how much these kids have missed.  Her and I got into a heated debate, which I won by the way (1st time ever), about whether the state should re-open.  I am leaning towards the mindset that at some point, we have to bite the bullet...she's saying no, be safe yadayadayada...I told her 'sure, you say that while we both get paid full salaries to work from home'...boom, mic drop moment...one of my few.

Here's another thing that screams what's going on in our country and especially our state right now...NO ONE IS IN CHARGE!!!  Our President has proven time and again how incapable he is at leadership only looking to blame and not find solutions...and yes, the Democrats are just as bad.  And in our own state, Pritzker rolls out his plan last week to get Illinois open again, while a day or two later Lightfoot rolls her own plan out, then yesterday Preckwinkle, Cook County Board President rolls her own plan out...yet, none of them have really anything to do with 4/5 of the state geographically.  This whole thing is a complete joke.  Personally, and I know people will get sick from this opinion, I think we go Phase 3 end of this month, Phase 4 end of June, and let it rip with Phase 5 end of July...and ride it out if need be.  

I was at Wal Mart yesterday doing our weekly shopping...the wife and I wear masks.  Half the people in there were wearing masks, half were not.  A month ago, I looked at those people as if to say 'what the hell?'...now, I could care less.  I wear one for myself and others...that's just our / my stance...those that don't wear one don't bother me anymore.  So I guess as is the case with all of us, I reserve the right to change my feelings as this goes on and the information I have changes.

Last thing in this rant...I wish people would lay off Fauci...the guys one of if not the smartest guys in the country when it comes to this type of virus...he's never given any economic advice or done anything except give medical advice based off of statistics and facts.  He's only worked for what, like 4-5 different Presidents, both Republican and Democrat...yet Trump has consistently tried to throw him under the bus and he has responded every time with class and truthful rhetoric.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri May 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Hmmmm, flatbread...nice thought. Week 1 that'll be our call. Thanks for the tip. I feel same for regular pizza...but the Taco Pizza...I have a weakness. It's fairly solid.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 1:38 pm

19delta wrote:Really? What are you doing to support that Casey's clerk? I know what I did with my check from Santa Trump. What did you do with yours?

If, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, your pal Poopy can tell people who alert the authorities about him and his patrons breaking the executive order restrictions to mind their goddamn business, I figure you can do the same when it comes to my federal stimulus money and what I have done or will do with it.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/punishing-poopy-illinois-is-threatening-to-revoke-liquor-and-gambling-licenses-for-ignoring-the-stay-at-home-order/e0f06fc7-ec5b-490b-ae7d-b9a3713c9da5
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri May 15, 2020 1:47 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:Really? What are you doing to support that Casey's clerk? I know what I did with my check from Santa Trump. What did you do with yours?

If, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, your pal Poopy can tell people who alert the authorities about him and his patrons breaking the executive order restrictions to mind their goddamn business, I figure you can do the same when it comes to my federal stimulus money and what I have done or will do with it.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/punishing-poopy-illinois-is-threatening-to-revoke-liquor-and-gambling-licenses-for-ignoring-the-stay-at-home-order/e0f06fc7-ec5b-490b-ae7d-b9a3713c9da5

Yep. That's what I thought. Rolling Eyes
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 1:55 pm

lefty120 wrote:I think my wife and I have not necessarily come full circle on the thing, but we have almost completely stopped paying attention to the news.  With two graduates (albeit one an 8th grader), we've been consumed with just how much these kids have missed.  Her and I got into a heated debate, which I won by the way (1st time ever), about whether the state should re-open.  I am leaning towards the mindset that at some point, we have to bite the bullet...she's saying no, be safe yadayadayada...I told her 'sure, you say that while we both get paid full salaries to work from home'...boom, mic drop moment...one of my few.

Wish I would have been there to coach her. If I had been I would have told her that her retort should be something along the lines of, "There are thousands of people in this state who have died, are dying, and will die because of a pandemic that is spread from one person to another. That bullet you want to bite you might be of better use to give to those dying folks to give them the option of hastening what otherwise will be an inevitable death by suffocation." mic drop

Be safe yadayadayada? It's not just about being safe. It's more about not putting the lives and wellness of others at risk.

Totally agree with you about the lack of leadership and a coordinated plan. Every governor, mayor, and county president are doing his or her own thing. Also agree with you on Fauci.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

If you truly thought that I would tell you to mind your goddamn business, then why did you ask the question in the first place?

If you really thought something else about how I spent it, then say so, even though you don't have an effing clue.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 2:02 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Tough words, tough guy.

Wow, being an asshole, telling my ignorant ass how to live AND making yourself out to be the hero all in one post? Impressive.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

If you truly thought that I would tell you to mind your goddamn business, then why did you ask the question in the first place?

If you really thought something else about how I spent it, then say so, even though you don't have an effing clue.  
Someone's getting cranky during the quarantine.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 2:08 pm

The guy's got a point-
"When a government says that abortion clinics and pot dispensaries and liquor stores are essential and churches are not essential, they are calling evil good and they are calling good evil," he said. "And that is not acceptable."

https://herald-review.com/news/local/decatur-church-says-defying-governors-order-is-about-obeying-god-not-politics/article_19ebbc60-edee-5086-9a9b-82d26f84df66.html#tracking-source=home-top-story
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The guy's got a point-
"When a government says that abortion clinics and pot dispensaries and liquor stores are essential and churches are not essential, they are calling evil good and they are calling good evil," he said. "And that is not acceptable."

https://herald-review.com/news/local/decatur-church-says-defying-governors-order-is-about-obeying-god-not-politics/article_19ebbc60-edee-5086-9a9b-82d26f84df66.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

I'm no fan of abortion clinics and pot dispensaries, but how many people get crammed inside of them?

Quite happy to order liquor from open liquor stores and have it delivered as I quiver and quake in the shelter and safety of my ivory tower.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 2:15 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:The guy's got a point-

I'm no fan of abortion clinics and pot dispensaries, but how many people get crammed inside of them?

Quite happy to order liquor from open liquor stores and have it delivered as I quiver and quake in the shelter and safety of my ivory tower.
Far fewer in either the church or those other places than are currently at the Menards or Lowe's that are apparently fine to be open.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri May 15, 2020 2:26 pm

lefty120 wrote:I think my wife and I have not necessarily come full circle on the thing, but we have almost completely stopped paying attention to the news.  With two graduates (albeit one an 8th grader), we've been consumed with just how much these kids have missed.  Her and I got into a heated debate, which I won by the way (1st time ever), about whether the state should re-open.  I am leaning towards the mindset that at some point, we have to bite the bullet...she's saying no, be safe yadayadayada...I told her 'sure, you say that while we both get paid full salaries to work from home'...boom, mic drop moment...one of my few.

Here's another thing that screams what's going on in our country and especially our state right now...NO ONE IS IN CHARGE!!!  Our President has proven time and again how incapable he is at leadership only looking to blame and not find solutions...and yes, the Democrats are just as bad.  And in our own state, Pritzker rolls out his plan last week to get Illinois open again, while a day or two later Lightfoot rolls her own plan out, then yesterday Preckwinkle, Cook County Board President rolls her own plan out...yet, none of them have really anything to do with 4/5 of the state geographically.  This whole thing is a complete joke.  Personally, and I know people will get sick from this opinion, I think we go Phase 3 end of this month, Phase 4 end of June, and let it rip with Phase 5 end of July...and ride it out if need be.

Overall, this is a great assessment of the entire situation. I agree with you in that we must bite the bullet and go about our daily lives at some point in time. There is no way that we can save 100% the people who will get infected but if you look at the survival rate of the virus according to USA Today, there is a 94% overall survival rate, and we all know that most of the deaths are of the elderly and comorbidity, so for healthy adults, the survival rate is more around 99.2%. I would not say that what we have done has been a success, but if you look at the models that were predicted in March, and the amount of open bed, vents, etc., as citizens, we have done a decent job of doing what we were/are supposed to do.

But at some point, we have to move on. We can't save everyone, we don't act like this for any other disease, illness, or risky behavior, so why we acting like this now. Do we go back to where were at the turn of the new year, absolutely not, but let's compromise and at least get to a point where people are working and earning money instead of relying on the government to bail them out for a 3rd, 4th, or 5th time. Allow people to be responsible for themselves, that is all many people are asking. Let the mom and pop store next to Wal-Mart open for their customers, let restaurants who follow the appropriate guidelines for business, allow people to worship and practice their faith, just please, have some faith in the people of our country to do the right thing and police the situation themselves.

The one group I feel extremely sorry for are all of the kids who are missing out on school and social aspect that they get from face to face interactions with their peers. My son is 3 and has not had any interaction with any other children since March. Think of the developmental and social delays that our younger children are being faced with at this point in time, I definitely do not envy the early childhood and early elementary teachers going into next school year (if we even have it), these kids are going to need a lot of social and emotional assistance. Just imagine what will happen when they finally make the call to cancel sports and other events for next school year? Many kids use sports as a motivation to work hard and achieve with the hopes of a scholarship or just the personal satisfaction of pushing themselves. Without that, many kids will under perform in academics which will have a negative impact on their future that they yet do not fully understand.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next