Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase 4 = Play ball!

+8
newcom
wolverine55
dusty7
OSUBucks
general maximus
tm
net
ging
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phase 4 = Play ball! - Page 2 Empty Re: Phase 4 = Play ball!

Post by lefty120 Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:39 am

Dropping my freshman son off at basketball in an hour. They’re going 10-12 today and 12-2 tomorrow. Then 5:30-7:30 all next week. It’s like the Wild West right now. And can someone riddle me why the IHSA can’t move their meeting to Monday to give all sports a clear picture what this shit show of a 5 months is going to look like? They do it via zoom anyway...no one really knows for sure right now what time frame any of this is going to happen under...it’s just a bunch of ‘I have a source’ crap from the media and everyone else but nothing concrete.

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 am

guerin wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
guerin wrote:Do we have playoffs this year for football? Or just 6 games and done?
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? You wanna talk about PLAYOFFS?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Been out of the IHSA loop for awhile now. Little Guerin arrives in like 3 weeks so Im a bit preoccupied 🤣

congrats brother! boy or girl?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

guerin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:22 pm

net wrote:
tps wrote:looks like a hard pass on football.
basketball now to end of march-ish spring sports after that. ending mid/late june

are you a coach of high school sports?

hell no, just an old fan/booster/parent/volunteer.
i'm not trying to make light of the challenges of playing football. obviously there are many, based on feedback.
if no football, fitting in the other sports should be easier, or no? lots of scheduling to be worked out.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Hearing football is going to be a go. Start either Feb 15 or Mid March. Lots of logistical issues and I am sure some teams will decide to forego the season.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:49 pm

net wrote:
guerin wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
guerin wrote:Do we have playoffs this year for football? Or just 6 games and done?
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? You wanna talk about PLAYOFFS?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Been out of the IHSA loop for awhile now. Little Guerin arrives in like 3 weeks so Im a bit preoccupied 🤣

congrats brother! boy or girl?

Thanks net...it's a boy
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:38 am

Well, today's the day...I guess. Interested to see where this goes. Michael O'Brien from Chicago Sun-Times is a good follow if you're on twitter. He's pretty grounded with his news and usually has pretty level headed takes on what's going on.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am

lefty120 wrote:Well, today's the day...I guess.  Interested to see where this goes.  Michael O'Brien from Chicago Sun-Times is a good follow if you're on twitter. He's pretty grounded with his news and usually has pretty level headed takes on what's going on.  

what did he say?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:09 am

Lot's of kids asking questions already today. I have told them to be realistic in their expectations. I have no doubt that we will get sports, which ones, when, and for how long are the big questions.

My hope is Winter Sports start Monday, competitions start Feb 8, Fall Sports, Start March 15, Competition on March 29, Spring start May 3, competitions May 17 through June 30, July off, August we are a go back to normal.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:16 am

net wrote:
lefty120 wrote:Well, today's the day...I guess.  Interested to see where this goes.  Michael O'Brien from Chicago Sun-Times is a good follow if you're on twitter. He's pretty grounded with his news and usually has pretty level headed takes on what's going on.  

what did he say?

His take this morning was simply that he felt basketball would start immediately and play shortened schedule, football mid march and also play shortened schedule, and then spring sports as previously scheduled. I hate that spring sports is getting shortened again this year. That just seems wrong to me.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:22 am

lefty120 wrote:
net wrote:

what did he say?

His take this morning was simply that he felt basketball would start immediately and play shortened schedule, football mid march and also play shortened schedule, and then spring sports as previously scheduled.  I hate that spring sports is getting shortened again this year.  That just seems wrong to me.  
Shortened or shorted?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:33 am

lefty120 wrote:
net wrote:

what did he say?

His take this morning was simply that he felt basketball would start immediately and play shortened schedule, football mid march and also play shortened schedule, and then spring sports as previously scheduled.  I hate that spring sports is getting shortened again this year.  That just seems wrong to me.  

I agree as well and I am sure it is different for each school. We are a football school and most of our seniors would rather play a full football season before a full baseball season but each school is different. Don't forget, Basketball was never finished last year and teams were shorted their shot at winning a state title.

No matter what the decision is, people are going to be unhappy and some will be very vocal about their complaints which makes the entire situtuation worse than it already is. There is no way to be equal to all sports at this time and each sport will have to give something up but the goal is getting the kids playing and people need to remember that. So what if the games don't mean a whole lot, if these kids want to compete, they at least have that opportunity to go out and compete. I have coached Freshman Basketball for 10 years and each game is about pride and getting better, that is how it will be for all levels this year, going out and just getting better.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 am

As an AD at the middle school, this is ridiculous from a scheduling point. Since we are so close to the state line, many of the officials we had for both Boys and Girls Basketball just went over there and took games. We have contracts with them, but they had to take the sure thing over there. I am not not begrudging of that, but dang, it is putting us in a tough spot. They are not coming back here to do the games and I have to find new officials for the games we already had scheduled.

Now the IESA comes in and says they are eliminating the Post Season, but schools can use that time to schedule more regular season games. Our officials are already booked, or are going to wait for the H.S. seasons. The IESA totally said they would not have a state series if they could not recoup financially, hence the decision to cancel it and give us until March 12 to play regular season.

Our volleyball season is going to be impacted by any changes since our JH coach also coaches the H.S.

We can't get gym times, officials, or coaches right now. And I still feel bad for the kids, they are the ones who got screwed this whole time by some corrupt adults. So I will bust my butt to try and figure out a way to give them a chance at normalcy.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
net wrote:

what did he say?

Shortened or shorted?

Both...those kids didn't do anything last year and now we're shorting them and shortening their seasons just so others can play.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 pm

I have to say too, I love all these coaches and parents on twitter who for the last 9 months have done nothing but complain about IDPH, the Governor, and basically called out mitigations set in place (which I'm not going to argue with anyone about IDPH and the Governor, I'd agree with that)...but boy now they're all in on wearing masks, social distancing etc. that the state says we can play sports just to get their region in the right phase...whatever that is.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 pm

lefty120 wrote:I have to say too, I love all these coaches and parents on twitter who for the last 9 months have done nothing but complain about IDPH, the Governor, and basically called out mitigations set in place (which I'm not going to argue with anyone about IDPH and the Governor, I'd agree with that)...but boy now they're all in on wearing masks, social distancing etc. that the state says we can play sports just to get their region in the right phase...whatever that is.  

agreed. politics makes strange bedfellows.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2