Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for you play callers out there..

+2
19delta
Ghengis Khan
6 posters

Go down

Question for you play callers out there..  Empty Question for you play callers out there..

Post by Ghengis Khan Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:05 pm

What tool or tools do you use to help yourself call plays on game day?
Opening script? How long is it?
What does your call sheet look like?
How many plays do you take into a game?

Anything other suggestions?

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Question for you play callers out there..  Empty Re: Question for you play callers out there..

Post by 19delta Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 am

Ghengis Khan wrote:Anything other suggestions?

Run Power.

Alot.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Question for you play callers out there..  Empty Re: Question for you play callers out there..

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 am

My first year of calling offense in 2010 I made up a call sheet that was the same as our wristbands.  It helped me a lot in calling plays.  In 11, we quit using the bands and I kept forgetting my play card in the locker room.  I dnever made one again and didn't use any device in 12-16.

I have never scripted plays.  I have an idea of what I want to run first, but that can change based on field position, personnel, etc.  One of our most successful 1st plays of the game was suggested by a player as he ran out onto the field.  We ran it, scored an 80 yd TD.

It was a generic Excel sheet I found online.  #1-9 would be like power (even numbers were run right, odd left), 10-19 Iso, etc.  So if I yelled Blue 8 it was pro I right, Power right.

I have no idea.  With a numbered passing tree for our spread package the combos were limitless I guess.  Out of our I formation it was maybe 20?

Suggestions?  Be yourself and do your thing.  It will flow from you more naturally if you do, rather than trying to do something that isn't you.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 am

Herm Boone had all of 6 plays and they were pretty darn good all while playing most of the year with a backup QB
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:46 pm

“I run 6 plays, split veer. like novocaine. Just give it time, it always works.”

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Ghengis Khan wrote:What tool or tools do you use to help yourself call plays on game day?
Google Sheets - very versatile and does everything I need.
Ghengis Khan wrote:Opening script? How long is it?
Yes. 20 Plays with 3rd down exceptions. In other words, we have a script we go right down until we hit 3rd or 4th down and switch to down and distance script.
Ghengis Khan wrote:What does your call sheet look like?
Question for you play callers out there..  Callsheet
Ghengis Khan wrote:How many plays do you take into a game?
30 or so.
Ghengis Khan wrote:Anything other suggestions?
Go vertical early. Force yourself to call a big downfield pass early in your script. Either you get a big play early or you send a clear message to your opponent that they better not pack the box or bring those safeties down too fast.

Head I is right about being yourself. Build your system. When it malfunctions - you will know how to fix it.

Good luck!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down