Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4

+8
general maximus
lefty120
tps
OSUBucks
dusty7
wolverine55
Head Idiot
ging
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4 Empty Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4

Post by ging Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:20 pm

Well, that escalated quickly:

Video: Pritzker Press Conference 1/19/21

our area is now in Tier 1, as are a couple other areas.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4 Empty Re: Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:53 pm

ging wrote:Well, that escalated quickly:

Since the Dems took the Senate in Georgia, they have moved on to their 2022 strategy. They've been slowly rolling it out as some top Dems such as Gov Cuomo have been suggesting lockdowns suddenly aren't the answer. After today's inauguration it will escalate even quicker. In the coming months you'll see a reversal of attitudes about lockdowns from the Blue side as they try to jump start the "failed Trump economy" so they can toot their horns for the 22 midterms. You'll also see the media play along with changed coverage of corona and national issues as a whole. They've already started this as I showed with the $15 minimum wage story.

As far as JB is concerned, Biden's $1.9 trillion package includes money for the states, so he's going to get his bailout. Mission accomplished for him. Now he can turn whatever upside Illinois' economy makes into a nice warm and fuzzy 22 campaign commercial.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4 Empty Re: Regions moving to Tier 1 or Phase 4

Post by wolverine55 Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm

I'm calling bullchit, HI. How dare you think any restrictions were about anything but the citizens' health and safety...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Head Idiot, general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

Since the Dems took the Senate in Georgia, they have moved on to their 2022 strategy. They've been slowly rolling it out as some top Dems such as Gov Cuomo have been suggesting lockdowns suddenly aren't the answer. After today's inauguration it will escalate even quicker. In the coming months you'll see a reversal of attitudes about lockdowns from the Blue side as they try to jump start the "failed Trump economy" so they can toot their horns for the 22 midterms. You'll also see the media play along with changed coverage of corona and national issues as a whole. They've already started this as I showed with the $15 minimum wage story.

As far as JB is concerned, Biden's $1.9 trillion package includes money for the states, so he's going to get his bailout. Mission accomplished for him. Now he can turn whatever upside Illinois' economy makes into a nice warm and fuzzy 22 campaign commercial.

It is hard to argue with any of this especially seeing the drastic changes in several states over the past few days. Also, the decrease in cases is also starting to come down pretty rapidly as a nation. I am going to guess they have quit counting the probable cases here in the state of Illinois. Here in Will/Kankakee County, we are still in Tier 3 due to not having enough decreases in hospitalizations, but we also haven't had any increases, been flat since Jan 6. My guess is we will be here for several more weeks as 1 of 2 regions not allowed to open.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:03 pm

I agree that politics has played a role in why some of these blue states have suddenly had a change of heart in reducing restrictions on their states.I am hopeful though that some of our citizens who are in dire economic straits might be getting some welcome assistance soon. For the people who truly need help that $600 received recently was a joke.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm

I still haven't gotten my $600.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I agree that politics has played a role in why some of these blue states have suddenly had a change of heart in reducing restrictions on their states.I am hopeful though that some of our citizens who are in dire economic straits might be getting some welcome assistance soon. For the people who truly need help that $600 received recently was a joke.

Wal-Mart had a great sale on TVs the past few weeks, just in time for the Super Bowl.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:48 pm

All regions of the state, including Region 11, which covers Chicago, had been under Tier 3, which has the toughest restrictions, since Nov. 20. Gov. JB Pritzker allowed regions to start moving down the tier system Friday, allowing rules to be lifted and more places to reopen.

Region 11 has not technically met the state’s criteria for moving down to Tier 2, as it hasn’t met hospital capacity requirements.

But the Illinois Department of Public Health announced Monday it’ll allow the area and other regions to move to Tier 2 even if they haven’t met the hospital capacity goal.
Tomorrow's got nothing to do with it...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:32 am

Head Idiot wrote:
All regions of the state, including Region 11, which covers Chicago, had been under Tier 3, which has the toughest restrictions, since Nov. 20. Gov. JB Pritzker allowed regions to start moving down the tier system Friday, allowing rules to be lifted and more places to reopen.

Region 11 has not technically met the state’s criteria for moving down to Tier 2, as it hasn’t met hospital capacity requirements.

But the Illinois Department of Public Health announced Monday it’ll allow the area and other regions to move to Tier 2 even if they haven’t met the hospital capacity goal.
Tomorrow's got nothing to do with it...

because - science... it's always the science.
IDPH will 'allow' the move...thank you for your gracious mercy your highness....

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:13 am

I don't support the Gov. and I do believe we should have and should be playing.  However, his statistical foundation for the decisions he's made, has been consistent.  You can argue he is using the wrong stats, I'll listen to you on that.  But you're not an expert...and neither am I.  Is a lot of this political?  Probably.  What isn't in our nation today?  Pritzker and his staff have fumbled a lot of this in our state as bad as the President.  The one thing he hasn't done, is move the goal posts as many claim.  By in large the people that claim that are the one's who aren't getting what they want.  The outline the IDPH put forth 6 months ago is confusing and hard to read...but it hasn't really changed since then.  Anyone can argue he's using the wrong metrics...but what makes you right and him wrong?  Indiana has had all kinds of COVID problems since they've started winter sports...a simple google search can help with that.  As a coach in our state, I'm just tired...tired of the constant arguing from one side of the aisle to the other when neither side really knows what they're talking about.

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus, ging, newcom, tincup1215, dusty7 and Huck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 am

Our region in Macon County was able statistically to move from Tier 3 to 2 two weeks ago. The Gov said no, give it more time to see if the spike hits. Chicago hasn't met those requirements, but sure, go ahead and move.

That isn't following crap.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:37 am

No argument that is bullcrap. And my post, which came solely out of frustration for the situation as a whole, was generated from seeing so many argue things that simply come from a place of 'they're not getting what they want' so they whine and complain hoping it'll change. I've just had it with everything obviously! Evil or Very Mad

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:16 pm

region 11 was moved to tier 2 and did not meet criteria. why?
basketball was moved from medium risk to high risk. why?
other regions met criteria and were not moved to the better tier. why? 
added 'probable' cases to the covid count. why?
if asking those questions make me a whiner, call me a whiner.

Last edited by tps on Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : probable cases)

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:33 pm

You don't have to agree with this, and honestly I'm not sure I do either...but this is on the IDPH website; pretty self explanatory for their reasoning.

IDPH assessed the risk for SARS-CoV-2 transmission associated with basketball
according to the evidence-based framework and finds the sport to be higher risk. 

• Basketball is played indoors (higher risk) with frequent close contacts to
other players (higher risk), which includes 10 on the court and often just
as many on both benches (higher risk), a single piece of shared equipment
that is difficult to clean during the game (higher risk), and an intensity
level that makes masking more difficult (higher risk) (AAP, 2020; WHO,
2020; CDC, 2020)

This is in reference to not just region 11 but others as well.  The adding of hospital staff, both front line and support, is why they've deviated from some of the metrics.  

“Hospital leaders have made clear the importance of staffing in their continued response to this pandemic and conveyed that staffing contracts will be extraordinarily valuable in their ability to meet the needs of their communities,” Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said in a statement. “We are pleased to see most of our regions move out of Tier 3 mitigations with this change, and it is critical that we maintain this progress. With new variants of COVID-19 spreading, it is more important than ever to follow the public health guidance that keeps people safe – wear and mask and watch your distance.”

Tough to say reasons aren't being given here.  You don't have to agree with them, but they're there.

You're a whiner.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime, tincup1215 and Huck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:57 pm

lefty120 wrote:You don't have to agree with this, and honestly I'm not sure I do either...but this is on the IDPH website; pretty self explanatory for their reasoning.

IDPH assessed the risk for SARS-CoV-2 transmission associated with basketball
according to the evidence-based framework and finds the sport to be higher risk. 

• Basketball is played indoors (higher risk) with frequent close contacts to
other players (higher risk), which includes 10 on the court and often just
as many on both benches (higher risk), a single piece of shared equipment
that is difficult to clean during the game (higher risk), and an intensity
level that makes masking more difficult (higher risk) (AAP, 2020; WHO,
2020; CDC, 2020)

This is in reference to not just region 11 but others as well.  The adding of hospital staff, both front line and support, is why they've deviated from some of the metrics.  

“Hospital leaders have made clear the importance of staffing in their continued response to this pandemic and conveyed that staffing contracts will be extraordinarily valuable in their ability to meet the needs of their communities,” Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said in a statement. “We are pleased to see most of our regions move out of Tier 3 mitigations with this change, and it is critical that we maintain this progress. With new variants of COVID-19 spreading, it is more important than ever to follow the public health guidance that keeps people safe – wear and mask and watch your distance.”

Tough to say reasons aren't being given here.  You don't have to agree with them, but they're there.

You're a whiner.

1 of 4 questions answered (basketball)
they moved region 11 without meeting criteria. why now? deviating from metrics = moving the goal posts.
they did not move other regions after criteria was met.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:08 pm

tps wrote:
they moved region 11 without meeting criteria. why now? deviating from metrics = moving the goal posts.
Votes.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:19 pm

lefty120 wrote:“Hospital leaders have made clear the importance of staffing in their continued response to this pandemic and conveyed that staffing contracts will be extraordinarily valuable in their ability to meet the needs of their communities,” Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said in a statement. “We are pleased to see most of our regions move out of Tier 3 mitigations with this change, and it is critical that we maintain this progress. With new variants of COVID-19 spreading, it is more important than ever to follow the public health guidance that keeps people safe – wear and mask and watch your distance.”

You're a whiner.

At this point if we have any semblance of actual sports seasons outside of the traditional spring sports, I will be very surprised. I am ready to coach at a moments notice and our kids are ready to play at any time.

Hospital staffing is very important at all times not just during a pandemic and it is a positive move to ensure that they are staffed appropriately. My question is why didn't this happen several months ago? I don't know the ins and outs of it but it just seems this could have been done earlier than this week. Maybe I'm wrong.

Like you are, I am tired of all this COVID crap. Every day we are being told there is a new variant that we must now worry about but this has been going on since the beginning of the virus but NOW it's a concern. I'm sick and tired of being told to "wear a mask and keep your distance," by a governor who holds himself higher than those that he governs. You are correct, he has not changed his metrics or "the science" behind the metrics, he stood his ground and hasn't moved the goal posts but his science and metrics were designed when we knew very little about the disease. Now, we know a lot more and the continuation of flawed metrics caused this impact of the pandemic to be much worse than just the spread of COVID. The decisions were made by a few people with little regard to the short-term and long-term impact it would have on anything other than the spread of COVID. They approached the issue with blinders on.

By his guidelines, the entire state should be in Phase 5 (From IDPH website)
1. Testing, tracing and treatment are widely available throughout the state.
2. Either a vaccine is developed to prevent additional spread of COVID-19, a treatment option is readily available that ensures health care capacity is no longer a concern, or there are no new cases over a sustained period.

Other than the "no new cases," we have met all of these goals. The new cases is something that will never be achieved. I am not saying we go back to life in 2019 but we can at least get somethings moving to alleviate some of the problems this has caused. It sucks that people got sick from COVID. It sucks that people have died from COVID. It sucks that more people will get sick and die from COVID. It sucks we have a new disease to eradicate but until we do that, we have to move on at some point, many states have. Has it been successful? I guess that depends on your definition of success.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and ging like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:09 pm

i'm very disappointed that nobody commented on the video i posted.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and newcom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm

ging wrote:i'm very disappointed that nobody commented on the video i posted.

I was afraid to open that link for some reason.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 pm

I hovered over it. Not sure it is school appropriate! LOL

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:16 pm

I didn't watch it until a couple hours after I posted my initial response because I'd rather repeatedly punch myself in the balls than listen to JB talk.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
I didn't watch it until a couple hours after I posted my initial response because I'd rather repeatedly punch myself in the balls than listen to JB talk.

same, which is why i didn't post a video of JB. Very Happy i have a tradition to uphold, you know.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:58 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

I hate JB more than Trump but I have a hard time believing anything he has done to ruin this state impacted the presidential election. Same with NY Gov who killed all the old people off in March.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:05 pm

[/quote]

Ok...I answered the basketball one fairly thoroughly as well as the one dealing with region 11 along with other regions being moved due to hospital staffing (I agree, why wasn't this done earlier?); honestly not sure on the 3rd, although, as the pattern has developed, I'm sure a reason was given...again, we probably wouldn't agree with it, but there probably was one.  As for the goal posts, the original thought was regarding IDPH and its relation to IHSA sports...those goal posts, for the most part, have stayed consistent.  No where did I say regions were all being treated the same or fairly because they're not.  That's a gripe we all can agree on.  

Finally, this is to your question regarding the 'probable' cases...it concerns me some on this board simply complain about how the metrics are being reported without doing any real research as to why or what that means: 

A large portion of the state's "probable" cases came from an increase in antigen testing across the state, in part sparking the change in reporting, according to IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike.

"With the the advent of a large amount of this resource of the rapid antigen tests, per the CDC definitions, when you get that positive test, that is listed as a probable case," she noted during a briefing Tuesday. "The confirmed cases are molecular tests."

And yes, you're still a whiner...you played the whole 'dumb hick' shtick way too long.  The statute of limitations hasn't run out on that one yet.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

lefty120 wrote:..it concerns me some on this board simply complain about how the metrics are being reported without doing any real research as to why or what that means

Hummm...... I wonder what their motivation for that is?

Admin

tincup1215 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next