Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IHSA Winter Sports

+6
ramblinman
newcom
lefty120
dusty7
Head Idiot
center
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IHSA Winter Sports Empty IHSA Winter Sports

Post by center Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:26 pm

What’s the odds on winter sports in Illinois?

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

IHSA Winter Sports Empty Re: IHSA Winter Sports

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:31 pm

what should they be? 100%

In Illinois? I'll give it a less than 25% chance.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:50 pm

0%
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:12 pm

dusty7 wrote:0%
I think they'll do whatever they can to have basketball, but wrestling is a less than 0% chance IMO.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:24 am

If winter sports don't go, I have a really tough time seeing football go in the spring. The way things are going right now, we have a lower positivity rate by quite a bit than most states that are playing HS FB this fall...that makes me awfully nervous for the spring...crap, and for next summer's workouts to be honest.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:46 am

100% - Election is 11/3 and winter sports start 11/15 Smile
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

center likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:41 am

I think that outdoor sports, like football in the spring, stand a far better chance of happening than indoor sports.

Saw something recently in connection with Michigan reversing course on football and having it now in the fall that said that, of those states that have football and volleyball going on now, there are higher incidences of confirmed cases traced to volleyball than to football.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:50 pm

There is a push from Wrestling coaches to move the season back. I have to believe they see the writing on the wall.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:28 pm

lefty120 wrote:If winter sports don't go, I have a really tough time seeing football go in the spring.  The way things are going right now, we have a lower positivity rate by quite a bit than most states that are playing HS FB this fall...that makes me awfully nervous for the spring...crap, and for next summer's workouts to be honest.  

I do not believe winter or spring will be played until this completely goes away.  Our governor has said many times that we will have these regulations and mitigation efforts until COVID is gone or there is an effective vaccine.  I think we all are aware this disease will never go away and we will be living with it forever, it will eventually become a new strain of the Flu.

Our only hope in Illinois is a vaccine for us to have sports.  But that presents many problems, especially with the distribution of the vaccine and whether or not it will be required for students, athletes, teachers, coaches, etc. I see just getting people to go get inoculated is going to be very challenging. I already know of several people who have put their houses on the market in hopes of moving to Indiana, Kentucky, or Tennessee to guarantee their kids get sports in 2021 because they do not trust Illinois.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/04/covid-19-two-thirds-us-wont-take-vaccine-right-away-poll-shows/5696982002/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Some years I get a flu shot, some I just don't get around to it...some years I get the flu, some I don't, with no correlation as to whether I got the shot or not. My kids get their inoculations...on time and what is recommended by their doctors. With that being said; I'm going to have to see a whole lot of information from trusted sources (good luck there) before I'll get a COVID vaccine this winter. The speed with which this thing is being pushed just makes me awfully nervous.

lefty120
Bee-otch

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:26 pm

I will not get a vaccine. I have never gotten a flu shot either.

I also only get the flu (of the more than 24 hrs variety- which is probably just food poisoning) about once a decade if that often.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 pm

lefty120 wrote:Some years I get a flu shot, some I just don't get around to it...some years I get the flu, some I don't, with no correlation as to whether I got the shot or not. My kids get their inoculations...on time and what is recommended by their doctors. With that being said; I'm going to have to see a whole lot of information from trusted sources (good luck there) before I'll get a COVID vaccine this winter. The speed with which this thing is being pushed just makes me awfully nervous.

Probably a good move considering this. Very well might prevent you from COVID but are the potential side effects with it?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/09/08/report-covid-vaccine-candidate-created-oxford-university-and-astrazeneca-put-hold/5752569002/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:17 am

lefty120 wrote:Some years I get a flu shot, some I just don't get around to it...some years I get the flu, some I don't, with no correlation as to whether I got the shot or not.  My kids get their inoculations...on time and what is recommended by their doctors.  With that being said; I'm going to have to see a whole lot of information from trusted sources (good luck there) before I'll get a COVID vaccine this winter.  The speed with which this thing is being pushed just makes me awfully nervous.  

Flu shots seem to work for me, but I share your caution about a new vaccine.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:47 am

Head Idiot wrote:I will not get a vaccine. I have never gotten a flu shot either.

I also only get the flu (of the more than 24 hrs variety- which is probably just food poisoning) about once a decade if that often.
I will also add that I'm not implying I have some super human immune system, but more appropriately that I've always been a social distancing professional.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:50 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I will not get a vaccine. I have never gotten a flu shot either.

I will also add that I'm not implying I have some super human immune system, but more appropriately that I've always been a social distancing professional.

Perhaps this is why I rarely get the flu or any other sickness in general (knock on wood); I, even though I'm in education, really don't like people that much.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 am

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Perhaps this is why I rarely get the flu or any other sickness in general (knock on wood); I, even though I'm in education, really don't like people that much.
I don't touch anyone ever outside my immediate family and 6 feet is inside my natural personal space bubble. For most people I'm familiar with.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I don't touch anyone ever outside my immediate family and 6 feet is inside my natural personal space bubble. For most people I'm familiar with.

I'm with you guys. I tell people this as a joke, but really it's pretty true: Social distancing hasn't really changed the way I normally live.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:26 pm

I have never got the flu shot and nobody in my bloodline (parents and siblings) have ever suffered from the Flu. Last February I thought I had the flu, went, and got tested but was negative.

The social distancing has not changed my lifestyle other than no sports or the occasional trip to the local brewery or bar. We were already using the Kroger Click-list and Target drive up before COVID hit so that was nothing new for us. If it wasn't for my wife being pregnant, I probably wouldn't be as careful as I have been and with a newborn, I am still taking the necessary precautions. Actually we have one teacher who wears an n-95 mask, cloth mask, safety goggles, a face shield, and he is wearing scrubs today.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pm

dusty7 wrote:Many good points made in this article.  Still nowhere close to sports being played.  

https://kerr.substack.com/p/why-illinois-wont-bring-back-football?fbclid=IwAR0dZWCuZhW-q1rhhSD9QFRYqezUGz74Pdug4yw5hgw_WIPNcJ780EpEW0I

The argument made in the article is deeply flawed. A premise is given with zero evidence of motive. In simple language: What does the governor GAIN by not having HS football in the fall? The article does not address this because it is based on a fallacy. It's OK to disagree with the governor, I certainly do, but an opinion piece like this should at least make cogent arguments.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime, lefty120 and center like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:32 pm

OldTitan wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Many good points made in this article.  Still nowhere close to sports being played.  

https://kerr.substack.com/p/why-illinois-wont-bring-back-football?fbclid=IwAR0dZWCuZhW-q1rhhSD9QFRYqezUGz74Pdug4yw5hgw_WIPNcJ780EpEW0I

The argument made in the article is deeply flawed. A premise is given with zero evidence of motive. In simple language: What does the governor GAIN by not having HS football in the fall? The article does not address this because it is based on a fallacy. It's OK to disagree with the governor, I certainly do, but an opinion piece like this should at least make cogent arguments.

dude. quit being so smart.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:33 pm

and sober.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:50 am

rally at the capital next saturday at noon for return to play. from what i understand, lots of people are coming.

i personally have never attended a rally ever. i'm going next saturday though.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

newcom and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 am

I'd love to see our in state coaching organization get behind this movement and have a bit louder voice.

lefty120
Bee-otch

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next