Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illinois Basketball

+3
Bighitter11
net
dusty7
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Illinois Basketball  - Page 3 Empty Re: Illinois Basketball

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:23 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tm wrote:I'm starting to agree with OSUBucks, because apparently it's not that hard to beat a Big 10 team.

After seeing Iowa go down I think you could make an argument that the Big 10 was overrated.

Yes but I think being in Indy for two+ weeks had an effect as well.  

Yes, I absolutely agree. From the start Illinois didn’t appear to have any enthusiasm, just sleep walked through that game.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Doesn't matter now, but what was the "bubble plan" if they kept winning? Were they going to spend a month in Indy? I suppose it's possible with zoom classes, etc. Is that what any of these teams that make the final 4 are doing?
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:49 am

tm wrote:Doesn't matter now, but what was the "bubble plan" if they kept winning? Were they going to spend a month in Indy? I suppose it's possible with zoom classes, etc. Is that what any of these teams that make the final 4 are doing?

That is exactly what they are doing. The kids are locked in their hotel rooms with the exception of workouts and practices. You can definitely tell the impact this is having on the quality of play. I think the soft bubble they have created in Indy is negatively impacting some players and that is evident from all of the blowouts yesterday. We can say all we want about how the kids have it made but being in isolation for 20+ hours a day would have a negative impact on anybody, especially a college athlete who is used to always being around their team.

The other thing I noticed, and I am not an anti-masker or anything of the sort, but why are all the coaches on the sidelines wearing masks? They are tested 1 or 2 times every day and obviously would not be there if they tested positive. I've seen many times a coach wearing a mask and taking it off in celebration on the court and taking it off in the locker room when they are surrounded by their team. It has to be just for the optics.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:19 pm

#12 seed Oregon State pretty much lead the entire game in defeating Loyola 65-58 today. Loyola is who I thought they were. They are well coached smart players, a solid team but they sure aren’t what you’d call a great team.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:55 am

Panic almost set in for Illini basketball when 3 assistants, Adam Miller left, and Kofi entered the transfer portal. But Kofi and Frazier coming back, adding a few transfers, and the addition of Chester Frazier as a coach/recruiter, Illini fans can rest easy. Likely a top 10 preseason team and hopefully they will achieve better than they did last year. As good as Ayo was, I think the Illini may be improved without him.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:35 pm

dusty7 wrote:Panic almost set in for Illini basketball when 3 assistants, Adam Miller left, and Kofi entered the transfer portal.  But Kofi and Frazier coming back, adding a few transfers, and the addition of Chester Frazier as a coach/recruiter, Illini fans can rest easy.  Likely a top 10 preseason team and hopefully they will achieve better than they did last year.  As good as Ayo was, I think the Illini may be improved without him.  

That was great news of Kofi returning. I imagine Michigan will be preseason favorites in the conference but the Illini should be good. Currently #15 in the CBS preseason poll.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3