Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illinois Basketball

+3
Bighitter11
net
dusty7
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Illinois Basketball  Empty Illinois Basketball

Post by OSUBucks Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 pm

Illinois soundly beat #2 ranked Michigan on the road tonight and they did it without Dosunmu. They played some great defense. They have a shot at a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Illinois Basketball  Empty Re: Illinois Basketball

Post by dusty7 Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:53 pm

I wasn't able to catch the game because we had a game tonight.  Sounds like the IllinI showed up ready to play and UM had a bad night.  I get a feeling this won't be the last time these two lock horns.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:31 am

i didn't see the game. who was michigan's only loss?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:06 am

net wrote:i didn't see the game. who was michigan's only loss?

They lost at Minnesota back in January.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Illinois took my Wolverines to the wood shed. First off Kofi was a huge factor down low. He altered 7-8 shots in just the first 10 minutes of the game. Hunter Dickenson the Michigan big man had a very off game but several others got to the rim only to not be able to finish. The perimeter defense was just as great they didnt allow Michigan to get any clean looks hell they only were able to attempt 7 Three point shots. It was the perfect storm and total domination. As long as Illinois doesnt flop and lose 1st round of Big 10 ten tourney they should be a 1. Getting to atleast the Big 10 finals will lock it up.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Illinois kills Ohio State.

Payback for the chicken shit way the Buckeyes avoided Illinois in football. Very Happy

Admin

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:31 pm

Teetime wrote:Illinois kills Ohio State.

Payback for the chicken shit way the Buckeyes avoided Illinois in football. Very Happy

With 3 minutes left it looked like OSU would win. Illini put the ball in the hands of Dosunmu and got a couple stops and pulled it out. Big road win!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
With 3 minutes left it looked like OSU would win.  

Only if you were watching through scarlet colored glasses.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:18 pm

No, I’d rather be up 4 with 3 minutes left than down 4. OSU was throwing up long shots from the perimeter while Illinois was driving to the basket. Illinois is a better team IMO and they have one of the best finishers in the country in Ayo.
OSU did beat the Illini in Champaign in January.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:06 am

dang it! why did i read this thread? i have avoided all media last night and this morning. i just sat down to watch the game. i dvr'ed it yesterday.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 pm

Watch the last three minutes. Illinois killed OSU during those three minutes! Cool

Admin

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:21 pm

Teetime wrote:Watch the last three minutes. Illinois killed OSU during those three minutes! Cool

Check that...Ayo killed OSU in the last 3 minutes.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:45 pm

So I've been a die hard IllinI fan as long as I can remember. It all started when I was very young band went to a Flyin Illini game. I was lucky enough to go to every BTT and NCAA tournament game in '05 including the Final Four.

They have really sucked as of late and I thought it would be a very long time until they got to where they are today. Regardless of what happens here on out, I am a happy IllinI fan but I hope they are still playing in 3 weeks.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:58 pm

The Illini seem to be peaking at the right time. They are a better team than they were a month ago. They will play OSU who upset Michigan today. The two teams split their two previous games and both were close. I think Illinois has the advantage tomorrow. There really aren’t very many teams in the country that have a decent chance to win it all. I feel that the Illini are one of those teams that do.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:58 am

OSUBucks wrote:The Illini seem to be peaking at the right time. They are a better team than they were a month ago. They will play OSU who upset Michigan today. The two teams split their two previous games and both were close. I think Illinois has the advantage tomorrow. There really aren’t very many teams in the country that have a decent chance to win it all. I feel that the Illini are one of those teams that do.

Illinois' chances of winning the national championship are 11.47%

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Illinois has the 4th best odds to win it all behind in order Gonzaga, Baylor and Michigan. They shouldn’t be behind Michigan IMO if they win today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:57 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Illinois has the 4th best odds to win it all behind in order Gonzaga, Baylor and Michigan. They shouldn’t be behind Michigan IMO if they win today.

Not sure why they would be behind Michigan at all, no matter the outcome of today's game.

They played Michigan at Michigan and whooped 'em by 20.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:07 pm

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Illinois has the 4th best odds to win it all behind in order Gonzaga, Baylor and Michigan. They shouldn’t be behind Michigan IMO if they win today.

Not sure why they would be behind Michigan at all, no matter the outcome of today's game.

They played Michigan at Michigan and whooped 'em by 20.

Wonder if these odds account for Livers being out for UM?

If Illinois whoops up on OSU, I think the overall #2 seed could be possible. As of today they are the #3 #1 seed. The loss to Baylor hurts their chances at the #2.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:04 pm

Illinois kicks Ohio State's ass again.

This is getting old.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:59 pm

Teetime wrote:Illinois kicks Ohio State's ass again.

This is getting old.

No it's not. It's awesome and getting back to the way it should be!
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:36 pm

Illinois Big 10 Champs! I like the sound of that. In the first half OSU was close to be blown out. Playing a great Illinois team and without one starter somehow they got back in the game and forced OT. Dosunmu by his standards didn’t have one of his better games but they found a way to win which is what great teams do. Kofi’s foul shooting is a bit worrisome if they get in a real tight game down the road. If they do make it to the Final 4 they won’t have to travel far.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:37 pm

I knew the whole game that OSU would fight back, they will be a tough out and have Final Four potential, but Illinois was always in control.  OSU takes the lead, Illini go on a 7 point run.  OSU goes up by 1, the IllinI respond and close out the game.  

As good as the IllinI are, they have some holes.  Early in the season if you played aggressive defense against them, you would win.  See the Baylor, Mizzou, and Rutgers games.  But they have changed their style and have so many weapons that teams have to pick and choose.  Double Kofi, you got Ayo, Frazier, Miller, and Williams set up for a 3.  Pressure the perimeter, you got Kofi, Giorgi, in the post, and Curbelo, Ayo, and Frazier with the ability to drive and dish.  Play Zone, you got Grandison for the weak side oop and dead eye shooting at 4 of 5 positions.

Also, their defense isn't bad either.  They have enough depth to take chances on steals and blocks/charges and not lose a step.

They have a tough bracket with Houston and West Virginia being their biggest challenges.  GA Tech could pose some problems as well. However, tht IllinI will have a "home court advantage" every game and WVs press could create an Illini rout due to their ability to run.  

I am optimistic but also had a few beers and some bourbon but think they actually have a chance which is something I did not think would've happened back in Nov/Dec.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:09 am

dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:Illinois kicks Ohio State's ass again.

This is getting old.

No it's not.  It's awesome and getting back to the way it should be!

let's hope football follows soon.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:00 am

Illini Fans are one of a kind. They seem to bitch about just about everything. Now their Bracket is so tough...........what a crock of shit. You just went through a stretch of Big Ten games the last two weeks tougher than anything standing in your way of the final four.

You should wax the floor with Loyola in the 2nd round. Cade Cunningham is a Stud for Oklahoma State but ive seen them on more than one occasion they are decent team but again not going to have a 1 man band beat Illinois.

West Virginia like so many Bob Huggins tournament teams flop early and probably will vs San Diego State which leaves pretty much scum bag Kelvin Sampson and Houston on the bottom of the bracket. Good team can score some points but this isnt the American conference this is the Tourney and the Illini shouldnt fear them.

They should get to the final four and see Baylor or Ohio State maybe again maybe outside shot of Arkansas but id say the 3 other #1 Seeds have tougher roads for different reasons.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:50 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Illini Fans are one of a kind.  They seem to bitch about just about everything.  Now their Bracket is so tough...........what a crock of shit.  You just went through a stretch of Big Ten games the last two weeks tougher than anything standing in your way of the final four.

You should wax the floor with Loyola in the 2nd round. Cade Cunningham is a Stud for Oklahoma State but ive seen them on more than one occasion they are decent team but again not going to have a 1 man band beat Illinois.

West Virginia like so many Bob Huggins tournament teams flop early and probably will vs San Diego State which leaves pretty much scum bag Kelvin Sampson and Houston on the bottom of the bracket.  Good team can score some points but this isnt the American conference this is the Tourney and the Illini shouldnt fear them.

They should get to the final four and see Baylor or Ohio State maybe again maybe outside shot of Arkansas but id say the 3 other #1 Seeds have tougher roads for different reasons.

Not sure what Illinois fans you are talking about. I don't care what team you are every bracket in the NCAA is a tough bracket. It is a challenge to win 6 games in a row against teams who are just fighting to play another day. Upsets are going to happen, they always do and I would not be surprised to see the ones you stated actually happen.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next