Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl

+4
OldTitan
OSUBucks
19delta
Teetime
8 posters

Go down

Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl Empty Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:39 pm

After that thumping they put on Kent State......the power of the MAC

Admin

Back to top Go down

Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl Empty Re: Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl

Post by 19delta Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Pitiful. Two years in a row that Illinois has to scratch out a win against a bad MAC team.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl Empty Re: Looks like Illinois is going to the Rose Bowl

Post by OSUBucks Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:15 am

https://fightingillini.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Here's the schedule for this year. How many more wins do you see? They should win next week to start the season 2-0. They have a shot at Rutgers but I wouldn't bet the house on it. They play at Maryland who upset Texas yesterday. They have Purdue for their Homecoming game. I watched Purdue the other night against NW. They need some help defensively for sure but Jeff Brohm has a good offensive system and they can score. As far as the rest of the schedule I think you can forget it.
College football success is largely about recruiting. A new coach needs to put together several good recruiting classes before you might see significant improvement. The Big 10 overall is on the upswing on the quality of their football. How many years do you give Lovie Smith to turn it around? Lovie went 5-19 in his first two years. He will probably not win more than 3-4 games this year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:14 am

I give them a shot vs. Minnesota, but I largely agree with you.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:54 am

I give Lovie 4-6 Years that program is in Total Rebuild in a Power 5 Conference. They arent going to land 10-15 Four and Five Star Recruits a year maybe a couple. They need to continue to bring in talent develop them both Physically as well as on the field. They have no where near the depth they need either. Remember Lovie came in late that first Recruiting class was a wash. You need to see his first class all the way through and maybe the class after it.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 pm

U of I has a pipeline with Trinity Catholic. They will get some nice players from STL in the next couple of years.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 pm

crusader wrote:U of I has a pipeline with Trinity Catholic. They will get some nice players from STL in the next couple of years.

too little, too late.

after the way he treated malik and gooey.....not acceptable.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:24 am

net wrote:
crusader wrote:U of I has a pipeline with Trinity Catholic. They will get some nice players from STL in the next couple of years.

too little, too late.

after the way he treated malik and gooey.....not acceptable.

What did he do to Malik?

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down