Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bowl

+8
Pike Bishop
Old Duke
dusty7
lefty120
OSUBucks
net
Teetime
Head Idiot
12 posters

Go down

Super Bowl Empty Super Bowl

Post by Head Idiot Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:30 am

Who ya got?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl Empty Re: Super Bowl

Post by Teetime Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:34 am

I picked Green Bay and Buffalo two weeks ago. Whichever one of those is left, I'll take.

Honestly, I'm interested in this game...it might be a good one. I'm pulling for Tampa...so the smart thing to do would be to bet your house on KC.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:45 am

kc 31-27.

gotta root for an shg grad that's coaching in his 6th super bowl.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:49 am

Chiefs are without both starting Tackles. TB has some good DLinemen. I think that will tip the advantage to the Bucs.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:09 am

Tampa

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 am

Chiefs by 6
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Duke Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:03 pm

TB by 4

Old Duke
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:26 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Chiefs are without both starting Tackles. TB has some good DLinemen. I think that will tip the advantage to the Bucs.

I agree with you here that the Bucs have the advantage here but one thing that Mahomes is really good at is creating plays when the D-line is coming after him. If they get too far upfield he will have more of an opportunity to make plays downfield. Plus, I believe the Bucs are missing their top secondary players and very few players in the league have the ability to stop Kelce, Hill, Watkins, and Hardmon.

I have very little vested interest in the game but I am hoping it is an exciting and well-played game.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:12 pm

net wrote:kc 31-27.

gotta root for an shg grad that's coaching in his 6th super bowl.

We were neighbors, I coached him and his brother, his sister was one of our first string babysitters. I have listened to him talk about DL play a few times. He is very good.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:37 pm

Random fact- Nick Allegretti's HS wrestling coach was a kid I coached in wrestling at Clinton- Tyrone Byrd.

Another fact- I am freaking old.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:54 am

I want to see Brady with another ring.

Go Bucs!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:31 pm

TB winning up front so far. If the goal line stand by KC stands up to review that’s huge.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Tampa Bay might be the favorites next year too. There’s a lot of talent on that team. Tonight they won up front on both sides of the ball. Their D had Mahomes running for his life all game. They got Fournette off the waiver wire and he seems to have rejuvenated his career. The Bears beat the Super Bowl Champs this year. Lol.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:28 am

I think we got a glimpse of what Mahomes would have been like had the Bears drafted him... 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 am

19delta wrote:I think we got a glimpse of what Mahomes would have been like had the Bears drafted him... 😆

If anything hopefully this shuts up the Bears crowd that thinks they should go at Watson no matter the cost. The game is still won up front. If you cant block or control the LOS in this league even the great ones will struggle. Trading for Watson while neglecting all the other holes and weak spots around the Bears is not going to bring them success. Did Brady really make an amazing plays last night? None that I really remember but he made the smart plays and if you can block, run the ball and make good decisions at QB your team will have a chance.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:40 am

If the Patriots do not have a bounce back season this fall can we stop calling Bill Belichick "The Genius." Must suck to be a Pats fan right now.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am

OldTitan wrote:If the Patriots do not have a bounce back season this fall can we stop calling Bill Belichick "The Genius." Must suck to be a Pats fan right now.

51-65

That is the Belichick record in games coached without Tom Brady.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1560349-bill-belichick-or-tom-brady-who-deserves-more-credit-for-the-patriots-success#:~:text=Belichick%20has%20amassed%20187%20regular,by%20is%20wins%20and%20losses.

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Overall it was a decent game. Game started as I expected with Mahomes breaking the pocket but his WR's did little to help him out. TB did a great job in the secondary and taking KC's receivers out of the game.

The refs were not great but I do not think the outcome would be any different.

I heard a stat on the way into work, Mahomes ran for 495 yards, which is more than any QB this season. He was running for his life and he made some unbelievable throws but his WR's didn't make the catches.

I'm going to say next year, we may see a rematch if KC can get their Oline healthy and fix their defense.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:52 pm

I’m not suddenly going to say that Belichick isn’t that good. I think he’s great on setting up a particular defensive scheme to slow down an opposing offense. I’ve seen it many times. That said he wouldn’t have all those rings if he didn’t have Brady. The Chiefs actually had both starting Tackles and one Starting Guard out. I expected Mahomes to be under some duress but it was even worse than I thought. Brady’s team won on both sides of the ball. That certainly made this job at lot easier but Brady managed the game very well. KC couldn’t get out of their own way in the 1st half with all those penalties. Most were probably justified but the last one right before halftime Brady basically threw the ball away, throwing it out of bounds. The ball wasn’t catchable but the ref threw the flag anyway.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:34 pm

Belichick is a great coach, his success speaks for itself but Brady helped Belicheck go from being good to being great. And Belichick helped Brady go from good to Great.

They both helped each other succeed and I think it is a stupid debate on who was more successful because of who. Both are successful because of each other. Not to mention the other players and coaches on the staff. It's stupid that people think the Bucs only won because of Brady, he may have been the catalyst but there were plenty of other factors that allowed him to win yesterday. Same as there are a lot of factors that caused the Patriots to have a down year, it is not just Belichick, it was the entire organization failing to add quality youth to an aging dynasty.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by eakaby Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Random fact- Nick Allegretti's HS wrestling coach was a kid I coached in wrestling at Clinton- Tyrone Byrd.

Another fact- I am freaking old.

HI - I’ve had the opportunity to teach with T-Bird when I was still teaching at Lincoln-Way East (he has since moved to LW Central),  and have the duty now of driving his kids to school as a bus driver for the district.  T-Bird’s the goods... as well as Allegretti!
eakaby
eakaby
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:43 pm

why on God's green earth did kc use that time out right before the half?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:19 pm

net wrote:why on God's green earth did kc use that time out right before the half?

Good question, TB used it to their advantage to set up a nice pass to Antonio Brown for a TD.
According to Terry McAuley, a veteran NFL referee , two defensive holding calls on KC in the first half didn’t come close to the standard for holding used all season. One of those calls wiped out an interception by Mattieu. I know two weeks previously in the NFC Championship those two holding penalties would not have been called.
I still think the better team won though.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:41 pm

net wrote:why on God's green earth did kc use that time out right before the half?

If I remember right it was 3rd and 2, Tampa had the ball at about their own 35.

If KC can get the stop, they get the ball back at their own 20 or so with 46ish seconds to go in the half.

Was the score 14-6?  

In hindsight, that seems pretty dumb.

It did allow my wife to see one more commercial.....and comment on it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:36 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I’m not suddenly going to say that Belichick isn’t that good.

\"dusty7' wrote:Belichick is a great coach, his success speaks for itself but Brady helped Belicheck go from being good to being great. And Belichick helped Brady go from good to Great.

Belichick is without doubt a very good coach. If the Patriots struggle next season - was the condition I stated. We can stop calling him the genius. There are a few very good coaches in the league - he is amongst them, not above them.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down