Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUDL sticking it to basketball

Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by mc140 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:59 pm

I just noticed are basketball package went from unlimited game and scout which we paid $1600 each for boys and girls program down to 200 hours total for both boys and girls programs combined. You can not even do an entire basketball season on 100 hours. That should be a fun re-up whenever basketball happens again.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by OldTitan on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm sure I am alone in this, but I miss trading tapes and then cds with other coaches on Saturday mornings. I didn't mind breaking down tapes either - I got a real feel for the opponent that way.

hudl is great - I'm just a dinosaur.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2245
Join date : 2008-09-23

center likes this post

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:44 am

mc140 wrote:I just noticed are basketball package went from unlimited game and scout which we paid $1600 each for boys and girls program down to 200 hours total for both boys and girls programs combined. You can not even do an entire basketball season on 100 hours. That should be a fun re-up whenever basketball happens again.

How much trading of film and such are you doing? I would think game footage with zero cropping and editing would be around 2 Hours a game times what around 30 games. 60 Hours with another 40 hours for Scout film or Practice footage. Seems like a Bargain compared to the cost per game of football Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hudl prices are not getting any cheaper. Did you by chance use the Krossover system before it was bought out by Hudl?
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by lefty120 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 am

OldTitan wrote:I'm sure I am alone in this, but I miss trading tapes and then cds with other coaches on Saturday mornings. I didn't mind breaking down tapes either - I got a real feel for the opponent that way.

hudl is great - I'm just a dinosaur.

Same.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Posts : 563
Join date : 2008-12-14

OldTitan and center like this post

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by mc140 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:45 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
mc140 wrote:I just noticed are basketball package went from unlimited game and scout which we paid $1600 each for boys and girls program down to 200 hours total for both boys and girls programs combined. You can not even do an entire basketball season on 100 hours. That should be a fun re-up whenever basketball happens again.

How much trading of film and such are you doing?  I would think game footage with zero cropping and editing would be around 2 Hours a game times what around 30 games.  60 Hours with another 40 hours for Scout film or Practice footage.  Seems like a Bargain compared to the cost per game of football Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy    Hudl prices are not getting any cheaper.  Did you by chance use the Krossover system before it was bought out by Hudl?

We have used Hudl since 2013-14. Each game takes about 40 minutes. Can be longer if there a ton of fouls since the clock doesn't run like in football outside of 30 point lead in 4th. We had 71 scout films last season for 33 games last year. The soph team had an account to film just their games. So now we have to delete every game we have played (we don't usually keep the scout films) and go varsity only to have one season on there.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by newcom on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:56 am

couldn't you download games and use a cloud service to store them.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3439
Join date : 2008-09-25
Age : 53
Location : In the land of wordless books.

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:57 am

Ahh yes I get what your saying. Your old films get counted against those hours. Had the same issue with us last year and old football game films and had to start storing them on external drives etc. It does suck because it did used to be like that.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by center on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Interesting to see what happens with HUDL if sports are severely limited this year.

center
Bee-otch

Posts : 463
Join date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by mc140 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Ahh yes I get what your saying.  Your old films get counted against those hours.  Had the same issue with us last year and old football game films and had to start storing them on external drives etc.  It does suck because it did used to be like that.

My biggest issue is we could have had 200 hours for $400 dollars last year. We paid $1600 and now have room for 100 hours.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:25 am

So If football gets moved to the Spring is HUDL going to try and charge us Double for Spring and Fall. Usually you get the Subscription, etc for 365 days.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by newcom on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:21 am

Some new way less alternatives that are out there for all sport, NFHS and Pixelott is offering one:
https://www.pixellot.tv/products/vidswap/
http://www.qwikcut.com/
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3439
Join date : 2008-09-25
Age : 53
Location : In the land of wordless books.

Back to top Go down

HUDL sticking it to basketball Empty Re: HUDL sticking it to basketball

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum