Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus IV

+19
4a(6afornet)north
Horsefeather
sammy hagar
19delta
mc140
ging
Ghengis Khan
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
net
general maximus
OSUBucks
ramblinman
dusty7
tm
tps
Head Idiot
BirdWatcher
23 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Coronavirus IV - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus IV

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:48 pm

dusty7 wrote:Well, this research shows that Ivermectin is effective in stopping serious illness from COVID.  

Wonder why in the US this is not effective?

Here are the reasons that the WHO and the CDC put the brakes on Ivermectin. It was jaded test results and claims made that were based on observations, not studies.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/ivermectin-train-cannot-stop

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:02 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Well, this research shows that Ivermectin is effective in stopping serious illness from COVID.  

Wonder why in the US this is not effective?

Here are the reasons that the WHO and the CDC put the brakes on Ivermectin. It was jaded test results and claims made that were based on observations, not studies.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/ivermectin-train-cannot-stop

i didn't read the study that dusty posted but it is dated Feb 2022.
The rebuttal you posted is dated Oct 2021.
Is it possible there is new information available that now might make viable?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:07 pm

lefty120 wrote:
tps wrote:

Follow the money. (Big pharma)

Which is heavily fueled by both parties.  

this is true. 
however the dems are in power and they want to control the narrative and destroy anyone that might offer an alternate view (ie. ivermectin, HCQ, etc). sleepy joe came out and requested big tech do more to restrict people who disagree with their narrative. (see joe rogan, Dr. Malone, Dr. McCullough). When the government seeks to silence (censor) an opposing view, people should worry regardless of the party. Just so happens the dems are asking for censorship now.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:30 pm

tps wrote:

i didn't read the study that dusty posted but it is dated Feb 2022.

The results of this study were just published a few days ago.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358386329_Strictly_regular_use_of_ivermectin_as_prophylaxis_for_COVID-19_leads_to_a_90_reduction_in_COVID-19_mortality_rate_in_a_dose-response_manner_definitive_results_of_a_prospective_observational_study_of_a

The results:
Non-use of Ivermectin resulted in a 10x increase in mortality risk and 7x increased risk of dying from COVID.

Protection from COVID related outcomes was observed and consistent across all levels of ivermectin use expect from a reduction in infection rate.

Non-Ivermectin used resulted in 79 Deaths or a.0173% risk of death or 1730/1,000,000
Sporadic Use -29 Deaths or .0085% risk of death or 850/1,000,000 - 51% Reduction
Strict Use - 2 Deaths or .00024% or 240/1,000,000 - 86% Reduction
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:33 pm

tps wrote:i didn't read the study that dusty posted but it is dated Feb 2022.

Sure. The CDC said as much when they put the brakes on Ivermectin.

I wasn't rebutting the study Dusty posted but recounting the historical reason that the Ivermectin studies were previously discounted.

I tried to read it but I'm not smart enough to understand it. I would note that it seems preliminary...no peer review yet that I could see.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:08 pm

tps wrote: Just so happens the dems are asking for censorship now.

And just wait until the roles change and it is the Reps asking and demanding censorship.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:26 pm

dusty7 wrote:
tps wrote: Just so happens the dems are asking for censorship now.

And just wait until the roles change and it is the Reps asking and demanding censorship.

The Republicans will be in charge soon and the public will soon have enough of them and put the Democrats back in charge. Then the endless trend continues and they will be thrown out.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:04 pm

Pretty much every state, including Illinois, are rolling back their indoor mask mandates but still want to require them in schools. Why must they still be required in schools but not bars, restaurants, or other areas? I guess the virus can't spread in those places. Vaccines are available for all kids 5+ and you still have a choice to wear a mask if you choose. It is time for JB to bring an end to his "emergency powers" because we are no longer in an emergency. Give local control back to school boards, set appropriate standards/guidelines for school boards to follow if spread is a concern, and allow the General Assembly to great legislative acts to guide us through the end end of the pandemic and create laws for the next one. We have three branches of government for a reason, no reason the government should still be yielding the power he had in March of 2020 when we had no clue what was happening.

Whether JB wins the TRO or not, I do not foresee many schools actually enforcing the mandate. Whether masks are mandated in schools or not, many schools will have their boards decide to go optional.  Up here in the northern part of the state, there have been numerous student walkouts, kids being forced into gyms, auditoriums, cafeterias, because they won't wear the masks.  Some schools are even suspending students as well.  The ruling, which is law, clearly states that mandated masking in schools is null and void, whether your school was on the ruling or not.  So aren't these schools violating the law?  

We have gone the last few days without masks being mandatory and there is definitely a little pep in our kids this week, especially the freshman/sophomores.  My son who is in pre-school has only known school with a mask, he came home Monday and Yesterday and was so excited to tell me how he was actually able to understand the teacher and see what his friends actually look like. I am sure there are a few unique cases with students who are immunocompromised and school districts should do what they can to help those students such as homebound (which has been done before) or a remote option for those few students. If you have a school of 500, and one student is immunocompromised, the entire school should not be forced to change for that one student, create a way for that one student to still get a quality education from the district.  It has been done way before COVID was ever a thing.  

My son is supposed to see a speech therapist once a week and she e-mailed us saying he won't be seen as often, not because of his progress but because there is so many young students (3-10) years old requiring speech within the school.  If any of you have children in HS, I would highly suggest they go into speech pathology, there are going to be a lot of openings in the next few years. So many speech issues with young kids.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:10 pm

Americans 18 and under are at much lower risk of hospitalization or death from Covid than other age groups. 94% of Covid deaths are people over 50 years old. Most people have already moved on from masks. I was at a HS basketball last night and very few had masks on. Same thing at the gym I work out at. IMO we should end mask requirements for our school children. If you have a healthy, vaccinated child you’ve got nothing to worry about with this Covid variant.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:17 pm

dusty7 wrote:Pretty much every state, including Illinois, are rolling back their indoor mask mandates but still want to require them in schools. Why must they still be required in schools but not bars, restaurants, or other areas? I guess the virus can't spread in those places. Vaccines are available for all kids 5+ and you still have a choice to wear a mask if you choose. It is time for JB to bring an end to his "emergency powers" because we are no longer in an emergency.  Give local control back to school boards, set appropriate standards/guidelines for school boards to follow if spread is a concern, and allow the General Assembly to great legislative acts to guide us through the end end of the pandemic and create laws for the next one.  We have three branches of government for a reason, no reason the government should still be yielding the power he had in March of 2020 when we had no clue what was happening.  

Whether JB wins the TRO or not, I do not foresee many schools actually enforcing the mandate. Whether masks are mandated in schools or not, many schools will have their boards decide to go optional.  Up here in the northern part of the state, there have been numerous student walkouts, kids being forced into gyms, auditoriums, cafeterias, because they won't wear the masks.  Some schools are even suspending students as well.  The ruling, which is law, clearly states that mandated masking in schools is null and void, whether your school was on the ruling or not.  So aren't these schools violating the law?  

We have gone the last few days without masks being mandatory and there is definitely a little pep in our kids this week, especially the freshman/sophomores.  My son who is in pre-school has only known school with a mask, he came home Monday and Yesterday and was so excited to tell me how he was actually able to understand the teacher and see what his friends actually look like. I am sure there are a few unique cases with students who are immunocompromised and school districts should do what they can to help those students such as homebound (which has been done before) or a remote option for those few students. If you have a school of 500, and one student is immunocompromised, the entire school should not be forced to change for that one student, create a way for that one student to still get a quality education from the district.  It has been done way before COVID was ever a thing.  

My son is supposed to see a speech therapist once a week and she e-mailed us saying he won't be seen as often, not because of his progress but because there is so many young students (3-10) years old requiring speech within the school.  If any of you have children in HS, I would highly suggest they go into speech pathology, there are going to be a lot of openings in the next few years. So many speech issues with young kids.

The polls are not looking good for the dems. Midterm elections are approaching. Time to change the policy.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:37 pm

Funny how last summer, it was safe to open schools and now they are considered the unsafest place and we must continue to mask those who are at the least risk of having a severe case of COVID.  

Go ahead and claim asymptomatic spread among to the teachers.  Well, it is likely that teacher is vaxed and there is nothing telling the ADULT they can still wear a mask if they want too. N95s are free at the local drug store.  

Funny how all of these left leaning states are ending the mask mandates on Feb 28, the day before the State of the Union address.  I am sure he will say that "we are squashing the virus and just yesterday, several states lifted their mask mandates." The the blue in the crowd will cheer and give a standing ovation.  But remember, we are following the science. .
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Yesterday the head of the CDC warned against the relaxing of restrictions, saying that we’re not out of this yet. Since the start of the pandemic the CDC doesn’t have a stellar record in the accuracy of their statements. We need to get more people back to work, relaxing restrictions should help achieve that.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm

dusty7 wrote:Funny how all of these left leaning states are ending the mask mandates on Feb 28, the day before the State of the Union address.  I am sure he will say that "we are squashing the virus and just yesterday, several states lifted their mask mandates." The the blue in the crowd will cheer and give a standing ovation.  But remember, we are following the science. .

The science says what? Relax the restrictions or don't. What does the science say?

It sounds like if the restrictions are relaxed then that was just a political decision, and if the restrictions are not relaxed then that was just a political decision. What decision in apolitical at this point?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:28 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Funny how all of these left leaning states are ending the mask mandates on Feb 28, the day before the State of the Union address.  I am sure he will say that "we are squashing the virus and just yesterday, several states lifted their mask mandates." The the blue in the crowd will cheer and give a standing ovation.  But remember, we are following the science. .

The science says what? Relax the restrictions or don't. What does the science say?

It sounds like if the restrictions are relaxed then that was just a political decision, and if the restrictions are not relaxed then that was just a political decision. What decision in apolitical at this point?

You are correct, every decision is political. The midterms are looming and the Dems feel that they are losing so this is a way for them to gain some ground back against the Reps. They have been saying all along to follow science but now they have stopped following science because it is no longer convenient or beneficial for them to follow the science. And if the Reps were in power, they would be doing the exact same thing. To be honest, the science has meant very little in the pandemic since early 2021 because there is so much mixed messaging between the WHO, CDC, HHS, and other bureaucratic entities nobody knows what in the hell to believe anymore.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:42 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:50 pm

dusty7 wrote:But wait, I thought monoclonal antibodies didn't work?

Right. The old ones that were in use didn't work on the Omicron variant. They needed a NEW monoclonal antibody that would work against the NEW variant.

Thank God...it looks like they found one.

You might remember reading this on the previous page:

There has always been agreement that monoclonal antibodies were a very effective treatment until the Omicron variant came along…and then this happened:

“But Omicron, with its dozens of mutations, has changed the game. In study after study after study after study—dating back well over a month—researchers have lamented the variant’s ability to evade previous defenses. “A minor form of omicron is completely resistant to all antibodies in clinical use today,” one report from Columbia University and Hong Kong researchers found. “The authors note that omicron is now the most complete ‘escapee’ from neutralization that scientists have seen.”

(The studies found one exception among drugs already authorized by the FDA: sotrovimab, an antibody treatment produced by GlaxoSmithKline, retained some effectiveness against Omicron. The FDA is keeping that in circulation, and at least one antibody infusion center in Florida has already switched from Regeneron’s drug to sotrovimab this week.)”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:25 pm

A very interesting read on a strategy the US should employ immediately, in my opinion at least.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/02/vaccinate-old/622080/

This is interesting as well, a study where they deliberately gave people COVID to see what would happen.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00319-9
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:54 pm

dusty7 wrote:A very interesting read on a strategy the US should employ immediately, in my opinion at least.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/02/vaccinate-old/622080/

This is interesting as well, a study where they deliberately gave people COVID to see what would happen.  

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00319-9

Both interesting articles. I think The Atlantic has great writers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:30 am

This is the correct way to talk to those who are wary of getting vaxed.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/Theresa_Chapple/status/1494497079846219800

Also, school mask mandate thrown out in court as well.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:01 pm

dusty7 wrote:This is the correct way to talk to those who are wary of getting vaxed.  

Dr. Chapple is a saint. There are not five doctors in the USA that would spend an hour listening to an unvaxed person talk and then pledge to keep talking in the future so that there would be an ongoing exchange of ideas.

There are not enough doctors in the country to take on the task of one on one sessions with vaccine resistant patients that take up that kind of time. "Marcus Wellby, M.D." was a show about a home town doctor that was on TV when I was young...fifty-five years ago. He was like Dr. Chapple. It was fiction.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:22 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:This is the correct way to talk to those who are wary of getting vaxed.  

Dr. Chapple is a saint. There are not five doctors in the USA that would spend an hour listening to an unvaxed person talk and then pledge to keep talking in the future so that there would be an ongoing exchange of ideas.

There are not enough doctors in the country to take on the task of one on one sessions with vaccine resistant patients that take up that kind of time. "Marcus Wellby, M.D." was a show about a home town doctor that was on TV when I was young...fifty-five years ago. He was like Dr. Chapple. It was fiction.  

Definitely not possible for every doctor to act this way towards unvaxed people. However, I think it is important for ALL people to hear them out and not immediately jump to a conclusion on them being a Right Wing Conspiracy Trumper. This was an African American lady who likely does not fit the mold of the traditional Anti-Vaxer, and there are millions out there like her that are not anti-vaxers but don't want the vaccine for a variety of reasons.

As I have said, the discourse between both sides of any COVID disagreement needs to stop. People need to move on with their lives and people need to be accepting of an individual's choice rather than placing blame on them. Vaccine and Mask mandates are disappearing rapidly and we are moving toward treating COVID like any other disease even though there is a new Subvarianat of Omicron that is more contagious, evades vaccine protection, and is not detectable by the current tests. I wonder how long it will be until all of mandates come back and we are told to get a 4th booster, my guess is mid-April.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:46 pm

The Governor isn’t throwing in the towel. He’s looking to get an expedited ruling from the Illinois Supreme Court. If the high court refuses to take on the review of the Appellate court ruling then he’s out of options. I wouldn’t bet either way on what the high court will do.
I went to another High School basketball game this week at a different venue than I was at last week. There’s a sign right inside the entrance saying masks required. I walk inside the gym and as the gym filled up I noticed that at least 80% of the people had no masks on. The schools, especially in the rural areas will not enforce the mask mandates.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:42 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

The Governor isn’t throwing in the towel.  He’s looking to get an expedited ruling from the Illinois Supreme Court. If the high court refuses to take on the review of the Appellate court ruling then he’s out of options. I wouldn’t bet either way on what the high court will do.
I went to another High School basketball game this week at a different venue than I was at last week. There’s a sign right inside the entrance saying masks required. I walk inside the gym and as the gym filled up I noticed that at least 80% of the people had no masks on. The schools, especially in the rural areas will not enforce the mask mandates.

His only hope will be to threaten taking away funding if schools don't follow it and that would definitely prevent him or anyone in tht GA to win re-election. Many schools have already decided they were going "mask optional" regardless the courts ruling. People are fed up with it and are simply not following the mandate anymore and I don't think anything is going to change that at this point.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:49 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:17 pm

Almost every state in the country is lifting their mask mandates while Pritzker wants to fast track his appeal to the Illinois Supreme Court. What am I missing here?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next