Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 30 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by OSUBucks Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:44 pm

15-20% of Republicans are anti Trump. It will be interesting to see if that number grows or if they are snuffed out. The vote was 57-43 in favor of conviction, far short of the two thirds necessary. Nationally, 56% of Americans think Trump should have been convicted. As I’ve said before I think Trump will be spending millions in legal fees over the next few years to keep himself out of jail.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Looks like it just keeps getting worse for the Lincoln Project. That money you donated Tee may not have even went towards getting rid of Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/politics/millions-raised-by-lincoln-project-goes-to-companies-run-by-groups-founders-records-show.amp
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 am

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:58 am

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:50 pm

Yes. That would have been better.

But regardless, he's gone.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:29 pm

dusty7 wrote:Looks like it just keeps getting worse for the Lincoln Project.   That money you donated Tee may not have even went towards getting rid of Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/politics/millions-raised-by-lincoln-project-goes-to-companies-run-by-groups-founders-records-show.amp

I saw that. I think some of those guys got rich.

I think AFTER the election Trump raised $175 Million to fund his big lie. I'm interested in where that all went. It couldn't have been that legal team.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:32 pm

OSUBucks wrote:15-20% of Republicans are anti Trump. It will be interesting to see if that number grows or if they are snuffed out. The vote was 57-43 in favor of conviction, far short of the two thirds necessary. Nationally, 56% of Americans think Trump should have been convicted. As I’ve said before I think Trump will be spending millions in legal fees over the next few years to keep himself out of jail.

So 56% of Americans supported conviction and 57% of the Senators supported conviction.

That's a landslide in our polarized political environment.

Admin

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Yeah in history we’ve had 4 impeachment’s. This one had the most yes votes for impeachment than any of the others from the impeached President’s party. After the vote the way some Republican Senators were talking they thought Trump was guilty even though they didn’t vote to convict him. The Republican Party is weaker today than it was 4 years ago and that’s on Trump, who cares more about himself than any political party.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:38 am

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jan-6-rally-funded-by-top-trump-donor-helped-by-alex-jones-organizers-say-11612012063

The Wall Street Journal reported (February 1st) that the owner of Publix Market was the main contributor to the sedition rally on January 6th.

As a result, people have organized a boycott of Publix. Is that cancel culture?

If someone donates to an organization you disapprove of...and you quit them because of it, who is doing the "cancel culture"?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:55 pm

One corrupt Illinois politician down, who knows how many more to go.

https://www.news-gazette.com/news/madigan-to-resign-from-illinois-house-at-end-of-month/article_39ae2cd1-7ea8-5a6a-8995-5007683754db.html

This guy has ruined our state and I believe is more responsible than any other individual for putting Illinois in the bad shape that it is currently in. As many have said about Trump and not knowing how people could support him, I have no clue how anyone can support Madigan.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, OSUBucks, lefty120 and ramblinman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:10 pm

dusty7 wrote:One corrupt Illinois politician down, who knows how many more to go.

https://www.news-gazette.com/news/madigan-to-resign-from-illinois-house-at-end-of-month/article_39ae2cd1-7ea8-5a6a-8995-5007683754db.html

This guy has ruined our state and I believe is more responsible than any other individual for putting Illinois in the bad shape that it is currently in. As many have said about Trump and not knowing how people could support him, I have no clue how anyone can support Madigan.    

With all the bad news in the country lately it’s nice to have a little good news for a change. His name might appear in the news again someday until which time that the Commonwealth Edison scandal is settled.
He needs to resign as head of the Illinois Democratic Party too.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:39 pm

dusty7 wrote:One corrupt Illinois politician down, who knows how many more to go.

Agreed.

I hope he ends up in jail and takes a bunch of his cronies for company.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:41 am

If you have not already, you need to watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix. On so many levels social media is ruining our country. From individual psychee to politics we are being torn apart by for profit big business. Even if you are not on social media, social media drives what is considered news and your choice of what you watch is what you consider the truth.

It's a great watch and does a great job of explaining the source of discourse in our country and even explains how Russia used social media to influence elections, and it is exactly what these tech companies do to us everyday.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:47 am

dusty7 wrote:If you have not already, you need to watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix.  On so many levels social media is ruining our country. From individual psychee to politics we are being torn apart by for profit big business.  Even if you are not on social media, social media drives what is considered news and your choice of what you watch is what you consider the truth.  

It's a great watch and does a great job of explaining the source of discourse in our country and even explains how Russia used social media to influence elections, and it is exactly what these tech companies do to us everyday.

I know quite a few people that have (or at least claimed to have) limited their social media use or quit altogether after watching this.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:14 pm

He put up sham candidates most cycles to dilute the vote against him. Plus he kept property taxes low for the houses in his district. Also, most of the people living in his district have city and country jobs through patronage that voted for him.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:59 pm

I read over the weekend that over 70% of people polled support Biden’s COVID relief plan. I personally know Republicans that could use some help. The last I heard most Republicans in Washington may not support the plan, calling it too expensive. It would be nice to see some Bipartisan agreement on an issue for a change but I don’t see many Republicans coming around on this bill. The two party’s hate each other.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:38 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I read over the weekend that over 70% of people polled support Biden’s COVID relief plan. I personally know Republicans that could use some help. The last I heard most Republicans in Washington may not support the plan, calling it too expensive. It would be nice to see some Bipartisan agreement on an issue for a change but I don’t see many Republicans coming around on this bill. The two party’s hate each other.

Congress already approved $3.5 trillion during the Trump administration.  What's another $1.9 trillion?

Seriously, the reason congressional Republicans don't want it is because its Biden's initiative.  Period.  No other reason.  
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:01 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I read over the weekend that over 70% of people polled support Biden’s COVID relief plan. I personally know Republicans that could use some help. The last I heard most Republicans in Washington may not support the plan, calling it too expensive. It would be nice to see some Bipartisan agreement on an issue for a change but I don’t see many Republicans coming around on this bill. The two party’s hate each other.

How much of the $1.9 trillion is tied is tied to pork barrel spending and has nothing to do with COVID relief? I'm sure most of it is going toward relief but there will be some political BS in it just like every bill our Congress passes. I'm not going to waste my time reading it as most members of Congress probably won't read it either.

Proposed by the Blue, no Reds will vote for it. Proposed by the Red, no Blues will vote for it. Regardless of how beneficial it may or may not be for the general welfare of our nation, they will just continue to disagree and little to nothing will be done. It's all political posturing for the next election.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:16 pm

Madigan has resigned as Chairman of the Illinois Democratic Party.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:23 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed May 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Biden's America
1. Rising Inflation, 4% last month alone and it's going to get worse
2. Weak Job Growth, projected 1 million jobs but only added 226,000
3. Rising Oil Prices
4. Major immigration issue - I hear construction on Trump's wall is about to start again
5. Israel and Palestine tensions are on the brink of war
6. Cyber attacks on infrastructure are becoming an increasing problem

And where is our President? Having a meeting with fully vaccinated people but all are wearing masks about bipartisanship.

He rarely answers unscripted questions from the media and has hardly said anything about the aforementioned issues. His press sec even said they have advised him not to take questions from the media.  The VP hasn't said anything either.  Is that what we want as a country?

The whole 'hes better than Trump" argument had ran it's course.  Either he is a puppet or he is in above this head.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu May 13, 2021 10:33 am

dusty7 wrote:
The whole 'hes better than Trump" argument had ran it's course.

Sorry, that will never "run its course" for me.

Biden may be the next Jimmy Carter - that is STILL better than President tweet-a-lot.

He is destroying the G.O.P.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 13, 2021 10:57 am

OldTitan wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Biden may be the next Jimmy Carter - that is STILL better than President tweet-a-lot.

Exactly! The Republican Party is in such bad shape that a lot of Republicans are discussing forming a 3rd party. Liz Cheney was recently demoted from her leadership position because she made true statements about Trump and the election, basically refusing to go along with the big lie that the election was stolen from Trump. I won’t go into a long winded discussion about what causes fluctuations in gas prices but the current prices have nothing to do with anything Biden has done. Gas prices are still a dollar a gallon less than they were in 2008 when Bush was President when the nationwide average was $4.11 a gallon. Political demagogues of the past like George Wallace and Huey Long have nothing on Donald Trump. As far as job growth goes, there are help wanted signs all over Springfield right now. This Summer when current unemployment benefits end for millions of people job growth is really going to pick up. Trump is gone and he’s not coming back.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and OldTitan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu May 13, 2021 11:51 am

OldTitan wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Let me clarify the "run its course" comment.  I am saying that as a country we need to move past the comparisons between what Biden has done and Trump. Too many people in the Republican party are still giving him credit and supporting him as a viable candidate, and like you said, it is destroying the GOP and the more rational members of the GOP are distancing themselves from the right and becoming more moderate. I think in time, more will move toward the center as we get closer to the election.  

My issue with Biden is that it seems that he seems pretty quiet about all of the issues that are going on. I would love to see a press conference or an unscripted answer from him on any of these issues. When have we ever had a president who was told specifically not to take questions from the media? If his own administration/staff can't trust him to answer questions, how can America trust him to run the country?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OldTitan and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 pm

I trust him. He will do the right thing.

He answers questions .. we don’t need a guy holding press conferences every day over the helicopter engine, saying nothing, but repeating it often.

He took questions after his big “pitch the masks” announcement today.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/05/13/remarks-by-president-biden-on-the-covid-19-response-and-the-vaccination-program-3/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum