Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 32 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:28 am

lefty120 wrote:Didn't a lot of the federal unemployment stuff happen during the Trump admin?  I could be wrong, but it seemed to be a reaction to the pandemic.  It's everywhere though...in Florida, DeSantis has the same issues...we went to numerous restaurants and had to wait for tables when there were open tables and the people consistently told us 'we can't find workers'.  So this isn't just an Illinois or a Republican / Democrat issue.  

Illinois is a mess, no question.  Hey, maybe Darin Bailey from my neck of the woods will ouster Pritzker??

You are correct it is bigger than just the political party, it's a wage issues. Our public aid system has been broken and abused for many decades and it has created generations of families who know how to scheme the system. With the pandemic, more people learned how the system works and what was supposed to be temporary will become permanent.

Since last June, I have been contacted by IDES twice by mail saying that I need to finish my claim, which I never filed. It was a pain in the ass for our HR lady at work to prove that I had a job and was not unemployed. There are lot of illegal and false claims for welfare, unemployment, and disability.

Here's an ideas, if you aren't vaccinated you don't get public aide, I am sure we will see a sharp increase in vaccinations.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:38 am

dusty7 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:Didn't a lot of the federal unemployment stuff happen during the Trump admin?  I could be wrong, but it seemed to be a reaction to the pandemic.  It's everywhere though...in Florida, DeSantis has the same issues...we went to numerous restaurants and had to wait for tables when there were open tables and the people consistently told us 'we can't find workers'.  So this isn't just an Illinois or a Republican / Democrat issue.  

Illinois is a mess, no question.  Hey, maybe Darin Bailey from my neck of the woods will ouster Pritzker??

You are correct it is bigger than just the political party, it's a wage issues.  Our public aid system has been broken and abused for many decades and it has created generations of families who know how to scheme the system.  With the pandemic, more people learned how the system works and what was supposed to be temporary will become permanent.  

Since last June, I have been contacted by IDES twice by mail saying that I need to finish my claim, which I never filed.  It was a pain in the ass for our HR lady at work to prove that I had a job and was not unemployed.  There are lot of illegal and false claims for welfare, unemployment, and disability.  

Here's an ideas, if you aren't vaccinated you don't get public aide, I am sure we will see a sharp increase in vaccinations.  

I was with you Dusty until the last statement....... lol I think that was sarcasm. I could get behind the idea but vaccinations are a personal medical choice. We are also getting lots of "claims" here at school.

The social benefit system was been grossly expanded under the guise of Corona to further the agenda of welfare to secure continued political power of a certain party. At this point, I do not think I could be convinced of any other reason for what the Dems are doing both at the national and state level.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:36 pm

general maximus wrote:

I was with you Dusty until the last statement.......  lol   I think that was sarcasm.   I could get behind the idea but vaccinations are a personal medical choice.   We are also getting lots of "claims" here at school.  

The social benefit system was been grossly expanded under the guise of Corona to further the agenda of welfare to secure continued political power of a certain party.  At this point, I do not think I could be convinced of any other reason for what the Dems are doing both at the national and state level.  

Yes it was sarcastic but maybe it could work.

As for the Gov race between JB and Bailey, as much as I would love to see JB gone, elections are won with money JB has much more money than Bailey. Also, voters have a very short memory and barring another lockdown or other measures where JB oversteps,any will forget what happened in 2020. Bailey would have to win every county not Cook by a wide margin to win.

Honestly, Adam Kinzinger would be a great opponent but I think he has his eyes set on something larger than the IL governor (no pun intended).
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:20 pm

dusty7 wrote:
general maximus wrote:

I was with you Dusty until the last statement.......  lol   I think that was sarcasm.   I could get behind the idea but vaccinations are a personal medical choice.   We are also getting lots of "claims" here at school.  

The social benefit system was been grossly expanded under the guise of Corona to further the agenda of welfare to secure continued political power of a certain party.  At this point, I do not think I could be convinced of any other reason for what the Dems are doing both at the national and state level.  

Yes it was sarcastic but maybe it could work.

As for the Gov race between JB and Bailey, as much as I would love to see JB gone, elections are won with money JB has much more money than Bailey.  Also, voters have a very short memory and barring another lockdown or other measures where JB oversteps,any will forget what happened in 2020. Bailey would have to win every county not Cook by a wide margin to win.  

Honestly, Adam Kinzinger would be a great opponent but I think he has his eyes set on something larger than the IL governor (no pun intended).  

Rabine (one of the declared GOP candidates) has a pile of money (not JB kind of money, but many millions) but all he does is parrot Trump.  Agree with both of your assertions about Kinzinger.  I think a Sasse/Kinzinger ticket would be formidable in 2024.  Anyone but a Trumpian.  Guys like Sasse, Kinzinger, etc. need to take back the GOP from the hijackers.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:53 pm

general maximus wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

I was with you Dusty until the last statement.......  lol   I think that was sarcasm.   I could get behind the idea but vaccinations are a personal medical choice.

I could get behind that idea. I don't buy that "personal medical choice". Don't we make public (and maybe private) school kids get their shots before they are allowed to attend school? How is this different?

I'd say, don't show up for work, don't set foot on any shared transportation, don't claim any public aid, don't go to school, and don't enter any buildings open to the public, like grocery stores or churches. If it's an outdoor event you have to be masked and wear a t-shirt that says "I'm unvaccinated...kick me"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:02 pm

dusty7 wrote:Exactly what GenMax said it what is happening.  We are going to see a change in wages but this increase in wages will not improve the unemployment or inflation issues.  

Raise wages, you create a Wage-Price-Spiral where people keep asking for higher wages to pay for the rising costs of goods and services and businesses counteract those additional costs by raising prices.  They also counteract by employing fewer people.  

There is no problem incentivizing work and labor. People need to and should work.  If you are not happy with you job, go get a new one or get the training to improve your life. But I am a firm believer that some in the Dem party want to get more people to rely on the government for income for the sole purpose of winning elections.  Why else open our borders and provide for hundreds of thousands of people with no money and no jobs.  What other countries allow this to happen?

You had me on board there dusty right up until "Why else open our borders and provide for hundreds of thousands of people with no money and no jobs"

That never happened. You are watching too much FOX news. This administration has not signaled that the border is open and it's NOT open. They are setting records in the number of people they apprehend at the border and detain for court action.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Exactly what GenMax said it what is happening.  We are going to see a change in wages but this increase in wages will not improve the unemployment or inflation issues.  

Raise wages, you create a Wage-Price-Spiral where people keep asking for higher wages to pay for the rising costs of goods and services and businesses counteract those additional costs by raising prices.  They also counteract by employing fewer people.  

There is no problem incentivizing work and labor. People need to and should work.  If you are not happy with you job, go get a new one or get the training to improve your life. But I am a firm believer that some in the Dem party want to get more people to rely on the government for income for the sole purpose of winning elections.  Why else open our borders and provide for hundreds of thousands of people with no money and no jobs.  What other countries allow this to happen?

You had me on board there dusty right up until "Why else open our borders and provide for hundreds of thousands of people with no money and no jobs"

That never happened. You are watching too much FOX news. This administration has not signaled that the border is open and it's NOT open. They are setting records in the number of people they apprehend at the border and detain for court action.

I don't watch any mainstream news.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:04 am

dusty7 wrote:

Where did you get the idea that the border was open?

If you mean there is no barrier, that is the same as most borders between countries in the world. We don’t worry too much about Canadians streaming in from the north either.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:23 am

Teetime wrote:

Just because someone says "The border is not open" does not really mean it is not a sieve. I do watch the news, both versions, as well as some first hand accounts of friends that live very close to the border. They have stated it is nothing short of "the walking dead" The migration is a slow and steady with no one running or trying to evade the BP anymore. They know they will get taken into the US and be let go. Tee, you are way too savvy to know that politicians may say one thing on camera, and tell others to look the other way in practice.

BTW, we no longer have the right to Vaccinate folks for school. They fill out or in some cases don't fill out the form that says they are an "Anti Vaxxer" Just a few years ago those people were considered fringe groups, yet their voice was protected (as it should have been) now when someone on the right wants to make a personal medical choice, they are "killing others by their choice" The diseases that the original anti vaxxers shunned were much more deadly than the Corona and all its fear based variants.

Last night I saw an excerpt from the CDC that stated "of the 330 kids that have died from the virus, not a single one did not have a serious co-morbidity such as leukemia" In no way am I trivializing the death that each and every one of those kids, parents, and families went through, but for the love, stop using fear based rhetoric to further traumatize the country. Both political parties suck, I will not deny that, but one sucks way more.

I have said this before. Joe and Kamala are exactly what this country needs.................. the pendulum will swing so far back to the right after enough people see how down they will drive this country. My hope is that the Conservatives can salvage what is left after they are removed.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:56 am

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

If you mean there is no barrier, that is the same as most borders between countries in the world. We don’t worry too much about Canadians streaming in from the north either.

For you to think there is not an issue at the border makes me think you may be watching too much CNN or MSNBC, and with their historically low ratings, you may be the only one.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/crisis-border-happened/story?id=78312099

We don't worry about Canadians because they done illegally cross then stay here and use up financial resources.  Actually, the border from Canada is closed for a few more weeks.  Where's the thousands of illegals trying to cross?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-land-border-1.6110800

Do you believe Biden/Harris have done a good job this far in his presidency?

Also, on a side note, people not getting vaccines is not a Democratic or Republican thing. I know some on both sides who are unwilling to get vaccinated but the media is painting it that only the far righters are the ones not getting vaxed which is not the truth.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:40 am

dusty7 wrote:I know some on both sides who are unwilling to get vaccinated but the media is painting it that only the far righters are the ones not getting vaxed which is not the truth.  

Interesting.  And you know this because...?  I only ask because you said that you don't watch mainstream news.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I know some on both sides who are unwilling to get vaccinated but the media is painting it that only the far righters are the ones not getting vaxed which is not the truth.  

Interesting.  And you know this because...?  I only ask because you said that you don't watch mainstream news.

It's called reading.

I read the news but do not watch the news. It is not to hard to decipher the numerous headlines blaming the GOP to make this assumption.

I do not consider Fox, CNN, MSNBC, news, it is all 100% commentary and is largely opinion based where they carefully select the stats and information they present. However, I will read various news sources for stories that are of interest/concern to me and this may include the aforementioned sites but rarely are their stories accurate so I try to cross reference as much as possible.

I
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:15 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:

For you to think there is not an issue at the border makes me think you may be watching too much CNN or MSNBC, and with their historically low ratings, you may be the only one. 

Whoa! For a reader....you must be looking between the lines. I never said there was no issue. I said the border wasn't open. Lots of South Americans are crossing the border and surrendering to border patrol agents. If they are claiming asylum they await the adjudication of that case. If not, they are deported.

The border patrol agents are there because the BORDER ISN'T OPEN.

dusty7 wrote:We don't worry about Canadians because they done illegally cross then stay here and use up financial resources.  Actually, the border from Canada is closed for a few more weeks.  Where's the thousands of illegals trying to cross?

The Canadians "closed the border" to keep the Covid loons to the south, but nobody can really close that border. I could walk into Canada any time I wanted to, just like our Southern border. Sure they don't flock into the USA, no need to do that. Canadians enjoy a decent standard of living, have national pride and have a form of government that works for it's citizens, not against them. These same attributes in countries south of the border would solve our border issues here. That is what the Biden administration has as it's goal.

dusty7 wrote:Do you believe Biden/Harris have done a good job this far in his presidency?

Of course I do. So do most Americans. You should read a poll sometimes while you are reading.

dusty7 wrote:Also, on a side note, people not getting vaccines is not a Democratic or Republican thing.  I know some on both sides who are unwilling to get vaccinated but the media is painting it that only the far righters are the ones not getting vaxed which is not the truth.  

I don't think I made the claim that it was a political thing, but it most certainly is. Of the unvaccinated a much much larger percentage are Republicans than Democrats. You had to have seen that in your reading?

" A Washington Post-ABC News poll has found a startling difference between Democrats and Republicans as it relates to COVID-19 vaccination. The poll found that while 86% of Democrats have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot, only 45% of Republicans have."

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/poll-finds-startling-difference-vaccinations-among-us-republicans-and-democrats

Admin

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:15 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Whoa! For a reader....you must be looking between the lines. I never said there was no issue. I said the border wasn't open. Lots of South Americans are crossing the border and surrendering to border patrol agents. If they are claiming asylum they await the adjudication of that case. If not, they are deported.

The border patrol agents are there because the BORDER ISN'T OPEN.

dusty7 wrote:We don't worry about Canadians because they done illegally cross then stay here and use up financial resources.  Actually, the border from Canada is closed for a few more weeks.  Where's the thousands of illegals trying to cross?

The Canadians "closed the border" to keep the Covid loons to the south, but nobody can really close that border. I could walk into Canada any time I wanted to, just like our Southern border. Sure they don't flock into the USA, no need to do that. Canadians enjoy a decent standard of living, have national pride and have a form of government that works for it's citizens, not against them. These same attributes in countries south of the border would solve our border issues here. That is what the Biden administration has as it's goal.

dusty7 wrote:Do you believe Biden/Harris have done a good job this far in his presidency?

Of course I do. So do most Americans. You should read a poll sometimes while you are reading.

dusty7 wrote:Also, on a side note, people not getting vaccines is not a Democratic or Republican thing.  I know some on both sides who are unwilling to get vaccinated but the media is painting it that only the far righters are the ones not getting vaxed which is not the truth.  

I don't think I made the claim that it was a political thing, but it most certainly is. Of the unvaccinated a much much larger percentage are Republicans than Democrats. You had to have seen that in your reading?

" A Washington Post-ABC News poll has found a startling difference between Democrats and Republicans as it relates to COVID-19 vaccination. The poll found that while 86% of Democrats have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot, only 45% of Republicans have."

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/poll-finds-startling-difference-vaccinations-among-us-republicans-and-democrats

So you are ok with the increase in crime? The lack of people taking available jobs? The rapidly rising inflation? The continuation of the Reps and Dems having a constant pissing contest and not getting anything accomplished? Biden has not fixed any of the issues that Trump created.  He is a puppet for the Democratic party and when given an opportunity to speak for himself he stumbles over his words or gets very angry.  Yesterday his administration promoted a Critical Race Theory group and that it should be part of the back to school plan and immediately retracted the statement after Fox published a story than said it was an accident.  I bet you know nothing of that due to only relying on the libtard media. The dude has no backbone because he is nothing but a puppet.  

I know Biden's approval ratings are high but who are the people completing the polls?   Pollsters can elicit any outcome they want by targeting areas that support the answer they are looking for. Also, how many of those people are simply saying he's doing a good job because he's not Trump? Lots of people claim he did a lot for the vaccine development of which he did nothing.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 pm

I don’t know anyone who credits Biden for developing the vaccine. Everyone gives him lots of credit for getting the shots distributed and the citizens with brains in line to get them.

You know this whole “critical race theory” is just a make believe issue right? It’s just like the “death panels” that Obamacare made us all answer to. It’s the Republicans way to fight the social warrior issues that win votes but make us all dumber.

Of course I don’t like the rise in crime. I didn’t like it during the Obama or Trump administrations either. Crime fighting is a local issue. Claiming the president can reduce crime rates is just more social warrior BS. There is a reason Rudy Guillani was “America’s Mayor”. He was great at running a police department. Bill Clinton was president during those years…what did he do to lower the NYC crime rate…zip.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:34 pm

As for the parties working together, the republicans have decided that’s not the way to regain control of the house and senate next year.

The democrats agreed to every single demand they made in order to start the January 6 bipartisan commission. Ask Rep. John Katko of New York, the ranking Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, who helped broker the deal on a bipartisan commission with the committee's top Democrat, Chairman Bennie Thompson of Mississippi.

Want a bipartisan bill on infrastructure improvements? Me too. It won’t happen. The republicans will stall the process until October and then say it can’t be done during election season.

Both parties suck. The republicans suck and support sedition.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Teetime wrote:

Want a bipartisan bill on infrastructure improvements? Me too. It won’t happen. The republicans will stall the process until October and then say it can’t be done during election season.

Both parties suck. The republicans suck and support sedition.

The sad part is if the GOP was in control the Dems would be doing the exact same thing. It's the reason why I am an independent and will look to criticize both parties until they actually do something for their constituents and not for personal or financial gain.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:48 am

dusty7 wrote:I know Biden's approval ratings are high but who are the people completing the polls?   Pollsters can elicit any outcome they want by targeting areas that support the answer they are looking for.

For your reading pleasure...

Fox News Biden Approval Rating Poll

The above article from Fox News references a compilation of polls from Real Clear Politics that showed Biden with a 53% approval rating, with said 53% being the average of all the polls in the compilation.  Fox's own poll had Biden at 56%.  

You were saying?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:29 am

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I know Biden's approval ratings are high but who are the people completing the polls?   Pollsters can elicit any outcome they want by targeting areas that support the answer they are looking for.

The above article from Fox News references a compilation of polls from Real Clear Politics that showed Biden with a 53% approval rating, with said 53% being the average of all the polls in the compilation.  Fox's own poll had Biden at 56%.  

You were saying?

Here is an article that helps explain my point. Presidential approval polls are outdated and partisan. Throughout Trump's presidency, he similar poll numbers even with all the drama and stupid moves his numbers were the same. The same is happening with Biden. The Presidential doesn't show the approval of the President it is more a measure of the partisanship in the US.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/05/presidents-approval-ratings-are-now-all-about-partisanship.html

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am

dusty7 wrote:The sad part is if the GOP was in control the Dems would be doing the exact same thing.  

I’m not convinced that is true. When Trump proposed COVID relief bills the democrats joined in the effort. When Biden proposed one it got zero republican votes. Not a single Republican could see their way clear to vote for the Biden proposal.

Would the democrats play politics at every turn, yes they would. They suck. But, they wouldn’t fire up their base to attack the Capitol and then downplay the sedition so that folks would forget about it. So I think that’s a pretty big difference between the parties.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You were saying?

Here is an article that helps explain my point.  Presidential approval polls are outdated and partisan.  Throughout Trump's presidency, he similar poll numbers even with all the drama and stupid moves his numbers were the same.  The same is happening with Biden.  The Presidential doesn't show the approval of the President it is more a measure of the partisanship in the US.  

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/05/presidents-approval-ratings-are-now-all-about-partisanship.html

Interesting article, but it does not bolster your earlier assertion about how pollsters "can elicit any response they want" and your implication that the "people completing the polls" are able to influence the outcome. If that were truly happening, then why does the Fox poll show Biden's approval three percentage points higher than the average of multiple polls from outlets on both the left and right?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:28 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You were saying?

Here is an article that helps explain my point.  Presidential approval polls are outdated and partisan.  Throughout Trump's presidency, he similar poll numbers even with all the drama and stupid moves his numbers were the same.  The same is happening with Biden.  The Presidential doesn't show the approval of the President it is more a measure of the partisanship in the US.  

Interesting article, but it does not bolster your earlier assertion about how pollsters "can elicit any response they want" and your implication that the "people completing the polls" are able to influence the outcome.  If that were truly happening, then why does the Fox poll show Biden's approval three percentage points higher than the average of multiple polls from outlets on both the left and right?

Could it be tht Fox wants to show their viewers that Biden is doing well so the they will fight even harder for the mid-term elections? Or maybe how important it will be to defeat Biden in 2024? Maybe Fox just wants to show that they are "fair and balanced" which we all know is not true.

I know you are smart and you have to be aware of the biased polling methods that take place on every poll conducted. Any research conducted by the media is biased and the talking heads have their own interpretation of the data which often times can be false. Take all the increase in COVID numbers in the past week. They use headlines of "Increase of cases 3 times higher than last week" but when they give you the numbers it is an increase of 50 to 150. The headline causes panic and an immediate response to the reader but 150 new cases is not something to panic about.

I'm sorry if I don't buy in to what the media is telling me to believe. Our country has a lot of issues that I think this administration does not have they ability or wherewithal to solve. The Republicans are not helping the situation either. As I said both parties are in it for their own personal gain and trying to maintain control at the expense of the people. We waste so many resources on meaningless investigations to hopefully catch elected officials or opponents doing wrong while our infrastructure is falling apart, crime is increasing daily, health care costs at an all-time high and getting higher, an wage/employment crisis, rising inflation, records in overdoses and an immigration crisis. For me, all of these are bigger issues than COVID but COVID is the monkey we all focus on and many are unaware of what is really happening.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm

dusty7 wrote:I'm sorry if I don't buy in to what the media is telling me to believe. Our country has a lot of issues that I think this administration does not have they ability or wherewithal to solve.  

Fair enough. You don't believe the media.

You get your news from reading. What are your favorite sources? Are they truthful? Do they manipulate polling data?

What have they told you about "Critical Race Theory" that you see as problematic?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I'm sorry if I don't buy in to what the media is telling me to believe. Our country has a lot of issues that I think this administration does not have they ability or wherewithal to solve.  

Fair enough. You don't believe the media.

You get your news from reading. What are your favorite sources? Are they truthful? Do they manipulate polling data?

What have they told you about "Critical Race Theory" that you see as problematic?

Are any news sources truthful?  I believe you can get the gist of an event or issue but it doesn't take long to figure out the bias of the reporter.  Fox, CNN, and MSNBC are all very biased and I take their headlines with a grain of salt.  They usually manipulate one statement and usually leave out essential information until the end of an article. It is all clickbait.  

I use all main media outlets but rely on AP, Reuters, BBC, The Economist, and even NPR and Al Jazeera on occasion.  Do they manipulate polling data, yes of course they do.  

Critical Race Theory is just that a theory.  It is taking on aspect of the beginning of our country and using they one aspect (slavery) to judge everything that has happened in our country. It reminds me of a documentary that promoted the idea that Beer was the basis of civilization.  It's pretty easy to only select the information that supports your theory and that is exactly what CRT is.  When I taught Sociology, I taught CRT along with the foundational perspectives (Structural Functionalism, Conflict Theory, and Symbolic Interactionism) as only 1 way to view the world around us.  No one perspective is 100% accurate in truly explaining the world but you can find explanations as to why things are the way they are.  

I have no issue with CRT but some proponents are saying we need to teach it as if it is the truth of which I do not believe it to be so.  It is just another perspective to study history with.  But as with everything with cancel culture, we are losing the understanding of history at a specific time period. Yeah some people did some terrible things and their actions in the past may offend you know but that doesn't mean you completely erase it.  Just as we are asked to judge a culture based on the standards of that culture (cultural relativism) we need to continue that practice with history as well.  

The right is using CRT as a scare tactic and think they are trying to erase the past which it is not.  It is just a new tool tool to teach history and absolutely should not be taught as truth or the only reason something happened.  There are multitude of causes for the colonization of the US and the American Revolution.  Sure slavery played a role but it was not the only reason it happened.  However, of you rely on Fox, it's a hot subject and is being used to rally the right to speak out against it while it's not even mentioned on other news sources.   

This is not what my sources are telling me, I don't trust them on any political issue.  This is my own conclusion based upon what I've read and that is what I base my opinion on.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Even CNN is saying that Biden's approval ratings are just another example of partisan politics

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/25/politics/biden-approval-rating-analysis/index.html

Some quotes:
"On the polarization front, Biden has to be pleased that Democrats still seem to stand firmly behind him. It's hard to find any reputable poll where his approval rating among Democrats is below 90%. In the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, for instance, it's 94%."

"Likewise, in an average of live interview polls, the percentage of the public who strongly approved of Biden went from 31% in both January and February to 27% now."

"Another bad piece of news for Biden is that the opposition to him seems to have hardened. Biden's disapproval rating is now in the low to mid-40s than the mid-30s it was back in January. This reflects more people going from undecided to disapproving of Biden."

Can anyone here tell me that Biden is a better President than Clinton or Obama? That he has actually conquered the issues we face today?  This is the guy that asked a reporter if the "Reps think we are sucking the blood of children?" What in the hell does that mean?

The Presidential Approval Poll is useless and does not accurately gauge the perception of the people but rather the perception of their party. He's done nothing to get more people to support him and regardless of what he does his ratings will stay the same, so it's a useless tool used by the media.  Once again, it is an outdated and useless measure of the effectiveness of a president.

Fixing the economy and solving (or at least improving) the numerous social issues is how we should be measuring the effectiveness of our elected officials, not popularity polls.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum