Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase 4 = high school football?

+25
Pike Bishop
tm
4a(6afornet)north
tps
ging
dusty7
Teetime
guerin2.0
footballguy99
Bighitter11
Cyclone1
streatorfan88
HHSTigerFan2
newcom
wolverine55
ramblinman
center
lefty120
19delta
mc140
BirdWatcher
Head Idiot
net
OldTitan
OSUBucks
29 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Phase 4 = high school football? - Page 11 Empty Re: Phase 4 = high school football?

Post by net Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:24 pm

i wonder if fata$$ has ever played sports.

if he gets reelected, then we have some real idiots in this state. and i don't give a $hit who i've offended.

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Phase 4 = high school football? - Page 11 Empty Re: Phase 4 = high school football?

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:43 pm

OldTitan,
According to the WHO, a second will never come. Current increases prove that this is not a seasonal illness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/29/one-big-wave-why-the-covid-19-second-wave-may-not-exist-coronavirus
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:45 pm

dusty7 wrote:OldTitan,
According to the WHO, a second will never come.  Current increases prove that this is not a seasonal illness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/29/one-big-wave-why-the-covid-19-second-wave-may-not-exist-coronavirus

Yep, the hot weather isn't affecting this virus like most experts said it would either.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:18 pm

If you are a scholarship player I wonder if your University tells you not to play?
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:19 pm

dusty7 wrote:OldTitan,
According to the WHO, a second will never come.  Current increases prove that this is not a seasonal illness.

Like I said - I would be very happy to be wrong.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 pm

OldTitan wrote:If you are a scholarship player I wonder if your University tells you not to play?

if any coach suggests that, they should be let go from their staff. how many scholarship players actually play as a true frosh. i'm pretty steamed right now.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 pm

net wrote:
OldTitan wrote:If you are a scholarship player I wonder if your University tells you not to play?

if any coach suggests that, they should be let go from their staff. how many scholarship players actually play as a true frosh. i'm pretty steamed right now.

I totally get your frustration NET. The whole thing has been handled poorly. With our track record in Illinois for how this has gone, I think moving football to the spring is our best chance. If we’d have stayed in the fall, we’d have started, and gotten cancelled. I’m not saying I’d have agreed with that, but we all know that was a huge possibility. 7 months is a long time to get things figured out and improved. Not saying it will, but it this gives us the best shot in my opinion.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 pm

lefty120 wrote:
net wrote:

I totally get your frustration NET. The whole thing has been handled poorly. With our track record in Illinois for how this has gone, I think moving football to the spring is our best chance. If we’d have stayed in the fall, we’d have started, and gotten cancelled. I’m not saying I’d have agreed with that, but we all know that was a huge possibility. 7 months is a long time to get things figured out and improved. Not saying it will, but it this gives us the best shot in my opinion.

I agree with this. If we don't get our season in Spring 2021 though I'm going to be more than a little pissed. I just hope that a vaccine is readily available here by February 2021.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:49 pm

Hearing a lot of people hoping for a vaccine so things go back to normal. So is it just having the vaccines created? Having a vaccine available? Having a percentage of the population inoculated with the vaccine? What is the expectation here?

I can see it being years until a majority of the population has the opportunity to even get the vaccine.

I'm happy it looks like we will have some semblance of HS sports, however I am still highly skeptical of any sports actually getting played.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:44 am

We need a treatment in the short term to get to normal. If someone can go and invent the Corona equivalent to a Zpack we would be ok.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:34 am

Ethan Hampton QB or Aurora Christian announced he is graduating at semester and heading to NIU instead of playing his Senior Season.

To Quote NET Dont give a shit who I offend I think thats pretty shitty deal for his teammates.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 am

Unfortunately, I think you will see more of this as times goes.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:03 pm

net wrote:i wonder if fata$$ has ever played sports.

if he gets reelected, then we have some real idiots in this state. and i don't give a $hit who i've offended.
I would say the only sport his pampered ass probably played was polo, but I don't know that play that with Clydesdales.

You know he's going to get elected. The 16 counties that elected him probably love this decision.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:32 pm

After spending a week in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana coming back to Illinois is really depressing. The amount this state is \"f\"ing up by it's leadership party is incomprehensible.

I think this trip helped me convince the Mrs to pull a BW and flee when we retire.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Head Idiot wrote:After spending a week in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana coming back to Illinois is really depressing. The amount this state is \"f\"ing up by it's leadership party is incomprehensible.

I think this trip helped me convince the Mrs to pull a BW and flee when we retire.

Don't wait for that juicy Illinois retirement pay...leave now like a man of principle.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:After spending a week in Idaho, Wyoming and Montana coming back to Illinois is really depressing. The amount this state is \"f\"ing up by it's leadership party is incomprehensible.

Don't wait for that juicy Illinois retirement pay...leave now like a man of principle.

speaking of, are you allowed to draw your trs? i have no clue how that works when switching careers.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm

net wrote:
Teetime wrote:

speaking of, are you allowed to draw your trs? i have no clue how that works when switching careers.
I can retire under the rule of 85. My age plus years of service have to equal 85. At 54, I'll have 31 years in and my son will be out of college. I'm done then.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Teetime wrote:

20 years into a 31 year stint. Sounds like sound financial advice. I hope you just count people's money and not advise them on what to do with it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:Don't wait for that juicy Illinois retirement pay...leave now like a man of principle.
20 years into a 31 year stint. Sounds like sound financial advice. I hope you just count people's money and not advise them on what to do with it.

I wasn't talking about sound financial decisions...I was talking about principles.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:Don't wait for that juicy Illinois retirement pay...leave now like a man of principle.

I wasn't talking about sound financial decisions...I was talking about principles.
Hey, no one else lives by them. I'm not stupid enough to dump 2/3 of my working years into something to walk away empty handed.

If you can't beat em, join em.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Let's be realistic here- they're shutting this down over a 3% positivity rate. You aren't playing crap until there's a vaccine or Biden wins.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Let's be realistic here- they're shutting this down over a 3% positivity rate. You aren't playing crap until there's a vaccine or Biden wins.

I heard Biden was a hell of a football player back in the day, a headhunting safety. If he hit you he'd put you to sleep, hence the nickname sleepy Joe. Wink
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:03 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Let's be realistic here- they're shutting this down over a 3% positivity rate. You aren't playing crap until there's a vaccine or Biden wins.

I heard Biden was a hell of a football player back in the day, a headhunting safety. If he hit you he'd put you to sleep, hence the nickname sleepy Joe. Wink
Maybe he has CTE and that's what's wrong with him.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:01 am

I do wish they would have moved baseball to the fall.

Maybe things have changed, but when I played and when my sons played there were a lot of football players that also played baseball. You can be pretty good about social distancing in a baseball game.

Admin

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:31 am

Teetime wrote:I do wish they would have moved baseball to the fall.

Maybe things have changed, but when I played and when my sons played there were a lot of football players that also played baseball. You can be pretty good about social distancing in a baseball game.

I am hearing that the Cardinals/Brewers game for tonight has been canceled because several Cardinals have tested positive. There have been record numbers of new cases in STL the last few days.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next