Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase 4 = high school football?

+25
Pike Bishop
tm
4a(6afornet)north
tps
ging
dusty7
Teetime
guerin2.0
footballguy99
Bighitter11
Cyclone1
streatorfan88
HHSTigerFan2
newcom
wolverine55
ramblinman
center
lefty120
19delta
mc140
BirdWatcher
Head Idiot
net
OldTitan
OSUBucks
29 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Phase 4 = high school football? - Page 5 Empty Re: Phase 4 = high school football?

Post by newcom Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:50 pm

No we fired them Very Happy cheers lol! lol!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Phase 4 = high school football? - Page 5 Empty Re: Phase 4 = high school football?

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:53 pm

newcom wrote:Exactly streatorfan88, spoke with 3 fellow officials Saturday Night and they said NO WAY they will be wearing a mask.

I start umpiring mens slow pitch tonight in Kankakee, at first they said we had to wear masks... then when they realized most were not willing to do that, they caved..

I do basketball, there is no way in hell I am wearing a mask while running my fat ass up and down the court..

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:55 pm

newcom wrote:No we fired them Very Happy cheers lol! lol!

HAHAHAHA. Back to the priests officiating again...

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm

ihsa mandated coaches wearing masks at practices now. came out last night.i wore mine today. around my wrist
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:42 am

I could see the officials shortage getting worse.

The average age for Illinois High School football official is 51. I can see a lot of them hanging up their whistles (which, they cannot use) and retiring. The risks of Covid-19, the increasing red tape from state associations, and the abuse from clueless parents may not be worth it.

OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 am

HHS I ref BB also and no way will I wear a mask for the same reason. And who the hell is gonna pay for the $30 electronic whistle?
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am

I don't know why the heck people would want to put up with the BS of being a ref without rona stuff. God bless you guys.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 am

center wrote:HAHAHAHA. Back to the priests officiating again...

Hey, if it's just priests officiating I'll bet SHG has an exceptional season.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:47 pm

The Ivy league canceled all sports for the rest of 2020. Today is July 8 so they made that decision plenty early. Stanford cutting 11 sports because of financial difficulties.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:11 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Ivy league canceled all sports for the rest of 2020. Today is July 8 so they made that decision plenty early. Stanford cutting 11 sports because of financial difficulties.
Let me guess, wrestling one of them?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The Ivy league canceled all sports for the rest of 2020. Today is July 8 so they made that decision plenty early. Stanford cutting 11 sports because of financial difficulties.
Let me guess, wrestling one of them?

Yep.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Shocking.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:19 pm

isn't it a fairly simple formula? if it generates revenue, it's going to get the benefit of the doubt.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:44 pm

ging wrote:isn't it a fairly simple formula?  if it generates revenue, it's going to get the benefit of the doubt.
So, they're going to keep 2 sports then?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Today's Ivy League decision won't affect what the Power 5 Conferences decide as per having football. However there is a lot of pessimism today about whether the football season will start on time.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Today's Ivy League decision won't affect what the Power 5 Conferences decide as per having football. However there is a lot of pessimism today about whether the football season will start on time.
I strongly doubt there's college football.

I'll put HS football at about a 10% chance.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:08 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ging wrote:isn't it a fairly simple formula?  if it generates revenue, it's going to get the benefit of the doubt.

four (Title IX and all)
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:14 pm

ging wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

four (Title IX and all)
I could very well see them only making money on one sport- football. I don't think men's basketball is probably a cash cow for them.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm

Since when is the Ivy League the most influential sports governing organization in the United States? Looking at the focus of these institutions, I would believe that sports are possibly the least important component of these schools, but let's all listen to them because, you know, they are the smart people. Or at least the people who are related to alumni that have lots of money.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:11 pm

dusty7 wrote:Since when is the Ivy League the most influential sports governing organization in the United States?  Looking at the focus of these institutions, I would believe that sports are possibly the least important component of these schools, but let's all listen to them because, you know, they are the smart people.  Or at least the people who are related to alumni that have lots of money.  
Just like snow days, it only takes one to embolden everyone else to call off.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 am

Some Iowa softball & baseball teams have cancelled the rest of their season due to players testing positive for Covid. Bad Sign for the fall sports.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:03 am

newcom wrote:Some Iowa softball & baseball teams have cancelled the rest of their season due to players testing positive for Covid. Bad Sign for the fall sports.

45 teams in both sports have had to quarantine at some point this season and I think that number has actually gone up the last couple of days. Some of those 45 have come back to play while others who were more recently exposed won't have their 14 days in before postseason starts. But agreed...I don't see how we have football this year given how the summer season has gone here in Iowa.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:34 am

Two things.

Contact days/competitions in the summer might end up costing us a season. What was wrong with just having the distanced strength and conditioning until August?

Local grocery store here in town got closed down yesterday by county health department due to COVID among at least one employee. All getting tested.

center
Bee-otch

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

center wrote:Contact days/competitions in the summer might end up costing us a season. What was wrong with just having the distanced strength and conditioning until August? 
Cuz it be grnd szn!
#NoOffszn  
#Born2Grnd  
#ChampionsRMadeNJune

In seriousness, the amount of people acting like kids were going to keel over dead without an offseason program is ridiculous. So is the notion that everyone's going to be just running dive without camps and contact days.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next