Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minneapolis Officer arrested.

+13
ging
tps
guerin2.0
lefty120
wolverine55
ramblinman
dusty7
BirdWatcher
Teetime
Pike Bishop
19delta
net
OSUBucks
17 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Minneapolis Officer arrested. - Page 10 Empty Re: Minneapolis Officer arrested.

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:06 am

Nevermind
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:06 am

OSUBucks wrote:They don't have a plan, they just interviewed a guy on TV. All he said is that they want to go with community based policing and no cops.

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:44 am

OSUBucks wrote:I didn't realize how dangerous a city Minneapolis was. It actually ranks one spot ahead of Chicago. The rape and robbery rates are especially bad. Being a cop in that city can't be easy. I can understand that people are hurting and want changes made. Making a decision so soon after the tragedy is a decision that is directed by the emotions of the moment, not one that is well reasoned.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-america/14/

My four kids live in Chicago (2), Minneapolis and St. Louis...all made the list.

St. Louis is #1 again!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:01 am

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I didn't realize how dangerous a city Minneapolis was. It actually ranks one spot ahead of Chicago. The rape and robbery rates are especially bad. Being a cop in that city can't be easy. I can understand that people are hurting and want changes made. Making a decision so soon after the tragedy is a decision that is directed by the emotions of the moment, not one that is well reasoned.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-america/14/

My four kids live in Chicago (2), Minneapolis and St. Louis...all made the list.

St. Louis is #1 again!

Yes and Springfield came in at 25.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:43 am

On the Federal level not a lot of Democrat support, including Biden, for defunding police.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-and-activists-clash-over-defund-the-police/ar-BB15ddRW
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:53 am

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:43 pm

After reading that I find that the situation in Chicago is even worse than I thought. Gang members shooting at cops with AK47's? Those weapons aren't legal to own. Wink
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:38 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

After reading that I find that the situation in Chicago is even worse than I thought. Gang members shooting at cops with AK47's? Those weapons aren't legal to own. Wink

"Ald. Raymond Lopez (15th Ward) demanded that Lightfoot develop a plan to stabilize Chicago’s neighborhoods for five days, calling his Southwest Side ward “a virtual war zone” where gang members armed with AK-47’s were threatening to shoot black people."

Lopez is 100% full of crap.

Who are these "gang members" threatening African Americans? Lopez's district is almost 3/4 Hispanic and less than 1/4 African American. So are Hispanic gang members threatening the African Americans? Are there white supremicists operating in the 15th Ward? Why, exactly, are the African Americans in Lopez's ward being threatened?

Second, AK-47s? Really? Rolling Eyes
C'mon, Ray...I don't think so. Handguns, I can see. But AK-47s? No way.

Urban Democrats are historically illiterate when it comes to guns:
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:13 pm

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:39 pm

I was in Minneapolis a few years ago, waiting for a train to the airport in a light rail station platform in the middle of the afternoon. I was holding my cell phone in my hand, reading email, when a kid in his late teens passed by me and purposely hit my phone and hand very hard in an attempt to dislodge my phone. When it was obvious that I was holding onto my phone, he just kept moving on down the platform until he found some other guy doing what I was doing. That guy dropped his phone after being hit, and the kid picked it up and took off on foot.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:44 pm

ramblinman wrote:When it was obvious that I was holding onto my phone, he just kept moving on down the platform until he found some other guy doing what I was doing.  That guy dropped his phone after being hit, and the kid picked it up and took off on foot.

And now that kid is the Mayor of Minneapolis.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

"Ald. Raymond Lopez (15th Ward) demanded that Lightfoot develop a plan to stabilize Chicago’s neighborhoods for five days, calling his Southwest Side ward “a virtual war zone” where gang members armed with AK-47’s were threatening to shoot black people."

Who are these "gang members" threatening African Americans? Lopez's district is almost 3/4 Hispanic and less than 1/4 African American. So are Hispanic gang members threatening the African Americans? Are there white supremicists operating in the 15th Ward? Why, exactly, are the African Americans in Lopez's ward being threatened?

Silly George Lopez and silly Dems. Bunch of illiterate politicians don't know the difference between an AK-47 and an AR-15. AK-47, my ass! He's "100 full of crap!" AR-15? Nomenclature is everything.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:03 pm

ramblinman wrote:Silly George Lopez and silly Dems.  Bunch of illiterate politicians don't know the difference between an AK-47 and an AR-15.  AK-47, my ass!  He's "100 full of crap!"  AR-15?  Nomenclature is everything.

You bettcha. If you get a single thing wrong when discussing weapons you get crushed by the 2nd Amendment crowd. How dare you not know what all the weapons are and their exact names...you have no business talking about them unless you do.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:13 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Silly George Lopez and silly Dems.  Bunch of illiterate politicians don't know the difference between an AK-47 and an AR-15.  AK-47, my ass!  He's "100 full of crap!"  AR-15?  Nomenclature is everything.

So now it's AR-15s?

Damn...the 15th Ward IS a war zone! Laughing

Last edited by 19delta on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Teetime wrote:
ramblinman wrote:Silly George Lopez and silly Dems.  Bunch of illiterate politicians don't know the difference between an AK-47 and an AR-15.  AK-47, my ass!  He's "100 full of crap!"  AR-15?  Nomenclature is everything.

You bettcha. If you get a single thing wrong when discussing weapons you get crushed by the 2nd Amendment crowd. How dare you not know what all the weapons are and their exact names...you have no business talking about them unless you do.

Are you serious?

Look...I'm not expecting Lopez to be a firearms expert, but do YOU really think that there are gang members armed with high-powered semiautomatic rifles (I'll even give Lopez the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't talking about automatic weapons) terrorizing the African American residents of the 15th Ward?

Do you believe that to be true?

Mayor Lightfoot sure didn't. She said he was full of crap.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:27 pm

Yeah, it's asking too much to expect a politician who has their own security detail who carry weapons to have a basic general knowledge of weapons when they are in the business of passing laws regulating or eliminating said weapons. No one expects them to have exact knowledge on particular weapons but it's pretty bad when when they don't know what a clip is or what a fully automatic weapon is, which are already illegal BTW.

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:27 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Former student and track athlete of mine from CG got raided by the cops for his drug dealing enterprise. He had a couple AKs with him when they went in in CG.

EDIT- Sorry, it was only one AK.
https://herald-review.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-man-arrested-in-oakley-raid-that-seized-guns-and-drugs/article_f4da92bf-17c2-5684-9a6e-01a80287dbad.html

Side note- his little brother was a great kid and one of my favorite kids ever. Went on to join the navy. Helped coach last year at Clinton.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 pm

19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Are you serious?

Look...I'm not expecting Lopez to be a firearms expert, but do YOU really think that there are gang members armed with high-powered semiautomatic rifles (I'll even give Lopez the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't talking about automatic weapons) terrorizing the African American residents of the 15th Ward?

There were reports of latino gangbangers in Cicero confronting looters and protecting storefronts.  Also reports of people on top of buildings with automatic weapons.

Of course the mayor said he was full of crap. She said that because he called her out in public for police inaction relative to the looting. She is full of crap for saying he is full of crap.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:40 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Are you serious?

There were reports of latino gangbangers in Cicero confronting looters and protecting storefronts.  Also reports of people on top of buildings with automatic weapons.

Of course the mayor said he was full of crap.  She said that because he called her out in public for police inaction relative to the looting.  She is full of crap for saying he is full of crap.

Do you people even listen to yourselves? Laughing
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:26 pm

19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Are you serious?

I don't think anyone....me, you, Lightfoot, Lopez, anyone at all, should make it a practice to name a firearm that someone is using unless they know for a fact which one it is.

When that thing (I'm afraid to say what it is) comes out of the barrel (if that is the right part of the gun that the projectile comes from) and rips through an innocent eight year old playing in her yard, the most important facts are that I properly name the weapon, the projectile, and the barrel (again, if that is the correct name), not the dead little girl on her lawn. I have learned over the years not to pretend that I know something about guns that I don't know. No gun owner will listen to a word I say about guns if I'm too ignorant to know all the names, parts, and attachments (and I use that term in the colloquial sense, I'm sure no gun owner calls something they attach to their gun an attachment).

Last edited by Teetime on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:28 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Are you serious?

Of course the mayor said he was full of crap.  She said that because he called her out in public for police inaction relative to the looting.  She is full of crap for saying he is full of crap.

Go to 1:23 of the Cicero video to see the guys with the weapons on a rooftop.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Teetime wrote:
19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Are you serious?

I don't think anyone....me, you, Lightfoot, Lopez, anyone at all, should make it a practice to name a firearm that someone is using unless they know for a fact which one it is.

When that thing (I'm afraid to say what it is) comes out of the barrel (if that is the right part of the gun that the projectile comes from) and rips through an innocent eight year old playing in her yard, the most important facts are that I properly name the weapon, the projectile, and the barrel (again, if that is the correct name), not the dead little girl on her lawn. I have learned over the years not to pretend that I know something about guns that I don't know. No gun owner will listen to a word I say about guns if I'm too ignorant to know all the names, parts, and attachments (and I use that term in the colloquial sense, I'm sure no gun owner calls something they attach to their gun an attachment).

Saying the weapon is an AK-47 creates a visceral image. I'm sure Alderman Lopez understands that explicitly.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:49 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Are you serious?

Go to 1:23 of the Cicero video to see the guys with the weapons on a rooftop.

What exactly do you think this video proves?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Saw this online. Found it worth sharing-
“Three weeks ago, House Democrats passed the HEROES Act. It was a $3 trillion bailout for bloated, Democrat-run big cities. They called it the ‘HEROES Act,’ claiming it was intended to prevent police officers, fire fighters and nurses from losing their jobs due to urban budget cuts. Fast forward three weeks and a big part of the Democrat Party is now demanding that we abolish police departments. For many progressives it seems cops went from being heroes to zeroes in three weeks.”
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm not quite sure where this thread is going. I'm just glad that we live in a country that (at least right now) trusts it's law abiding citizens to own firearms to use for sporting purposes or to protect their personal property. I think the 2nd Amendment, as well as the rest of the US Constitution, is something we should all vigorously defend.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum