Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:49 pm

dusty7 wrote:First of all, getting this disease is not a 1 in 14 chance

Correct. It's more like a 3 out of 5 chance of getting the disease. BUT, in Kankakee County, 1 out of every 14 people who have contracted the disease and have either recovered or died...have died.

dusty7 wrote:most were in long term facilities, and had other conditions that contributed to their death. What were the chances they died at the same time regardless of COVID?

I have no idea and neither do you. I could posit that all of them would have lived, at least for the past two and a half months that this disease has been claiming lives in Illinois, and you could not possibly refute that with any kind of data at all.

dusty7 wrote:In Kankakee county, the number of deaths this year is below average even with this disease, which would suggest these individuals would have died from their current condition not COVID.

You cannot suggest that at all. That simply makes zero sense. You cannot suggest that people with a current chronic illness don't die from some other cause. AND, even if SOME of them would ultimately die from their chronic illness, would they have likely lived or died in the past 2.5 months had there been no pandemic? I would take the position that a substantial majority of them would have lived during that time frame, and for months and years after, were it not for the virus.

dusty7 wrote:Even for those with asthma and COPD, this virus is not a death sentence, treatment is improving  because we know more about the disease and how to effectively treat it.  If this is not true, than explain the decrease in deaths since April

Really? In places like Illinois and New York, the decrease in deaths is due to the restrictions that you are so eager to dispense with! Perhaps the disease is picking off the weakest folks first and is finding it harder to kill off the healthier ones who remain. And, maybe we are getting better at treating the disease, but that I feel is more a factor of hospitals being less swamped with fewer COVID patients than because of any widely effective treatment that has been identified. If treatment is so great, why did 281 people die in Georgia in the previous 7 days, up from 119 in the 7 days before that?

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:59 pm

If treatment is not working, explain the nationwide decrease in deaths fall from 16,246 on the week of 4/18 to 1,789 on the week of 6/6 after many states have partially opened up?

If the restrictions decreased the death rate, why has the death rate decreased for 6 weeks as states have opened up?

Last edited by dusty7 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:44 pm

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pm

If you want to know why Americans are increasingly not believing the media, it's because of gems like this from Delta's article-
Fauci, who sits on the Trump regime’s zombie-like coronavirus task force
Completely unnecessary and completely opinion but presentedas fact by the media and later repeatedby those that want to believe it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:37 pm

19delta wrote:Here's your #Science, #Facts, and #Data...  Laughing

https://gizmodo.com/dr-fauci-made-the-coronavirus-pandemic-worse-by-lying-1844050358

Wow, sounds like an angry man. I would say that masks give us more protection than a lot of people thought back in early March. He even goes as far to say that there's no signs of the virus slowing down. He would be wrong about that too.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:12 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:21 pm

It does really sound good. It's a cheap drug, widely available and there's pretty strong evidence that it will save lives.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:02 pm

dusty7 wrote:If treatment is not working, explain the nationwide decrease in deaths fall from 16,246 on the week of 4/18 to 1,789 on the week of 6/6 after many states have partially opened up?  

If the restrictions decreased the death rate, why has the death rate decreased for 6 weeks as states have opened up?

Never said that treatment was not working. What I did say is that hospitals and staff being less swamped is probably a bigger factor in fewer deaths than any specific treatment. What I have seen with respect to treatment are a couple of drugs that have been shown to help SOME of the sickest patients. There is no single treatment that has been proven effective for everyone. Not even close.

Where are you getting your data, OAN? In the seven day period beginning 6/6, there were 5,435 U.S. coronavirus deaths according to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Before I answer your questions, how about if you answer my previous question regarding the startling week over week rise in deaths in Georgia, one of the last states to enact restrictions and one of the first ones to relax them?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:37 pm

546 new cases for Illinois today. 654 deaths in US today which is down from yesterday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:41 pm

We're going to question sources and then reference a website called worldometer as the definitive truth?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Head Idiot wrote:We're going to question sources and then reference a website called worldometer as the definitive truth?

Yeah, we are.

https://www.worldometers.info/about/

And, because I know you won't bother clicking on the link...

"Worldometer was voted as one of the best free reference websites by the American Library Association (ALA), the oldest and largest library association in the world.

Worldometer is a provider of global COVID-19 statistics for many caring people around the world. Our data is also trusted and used by the UK Government, Johns Hopkins CSSE, the Government of Thailand, the Government of Pakistan, the Government of Sri Lanka, Government of Vietnam, Financial Times, The New York Times, Business Insider, BBC, and many others.

Over the past 15 years, our statistics have been requested by, and provided to: Oxford University Press, Wiley, Pearson, CERN, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), The Atlantic, BBC, Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology, Science Museum of Virginia, Morgan Stanley, IBM, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Kaspersky, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Amazon Alexa, Google Translate, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), the U2 concert, and many others.

Worldometer is cited as a source in over 10,000 published books and in more than 6,000 professional journal articles.

How it works

For the COVID-19 data, we collect data from official reports, directly from Government's communication channels or indirectly, through local media sources when deemed reliable. We provide the source of each data update in the "Latest Updates" (News) section. Timely updates are made possible thanks to the participation of users around the world and to the dedication of a team of analysts and researchers who validate data from an ever-growing list of over 5,000 sources. More info

For the live counters on the home page, we elaborate instead a real-time estimate through our proprietary algorithm which processes the latest data and projections provided by the most reputable organizations and statistical offices in the world."

Who, other than Trump and fans of Attila the Hun, quotes OAN for anything?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:07 pm

I was at a Walgreens today and the folks I encountered there were wearing masks. That's the most important thing you can do when going out to protect yourself and others. Folks in the Southwest and Florida disregarded that seemingly easy practice as well as social distancing and have seen a spike. Overall most states are not seeing increases and I'm confident that will continue if people wear masks when going out.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:17 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Over the past 15 years, our statistics have been requested by, and provided to: the U2 concert
Well shit, that did it. U2!!

No one here has ever quoted it, so...

In fact, it seems the only two people here who know anything about it are the two furthest left people.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I was at a Walgreens today and the folks I encountered there were wearing masks. That's the most important thing you can do when going out to protect yourself and others. Folks in the Southwest and Florida disregarded that seemingly easy practice as well as social distancing and have seen a spike. Overall most states are not seeing increases and I'm confident that will continue if people wear masks when going out.

walmart in jacksonville today was easily above 90% wearing masks.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:42 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I was at a Walgreens today and the folks I encountered there were wearing masks. That's the most important thing you can do when going out to protect yourself and others. Folks in the Southwest and Florida disregarded that seemingly easy practice as well as social distancing and have seen a spike. Overall most states are not seeing increases and I'm confident that will continue if people wear masks when going out.

Agreed.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I wear a mask whenever I go out. I do not find it to be a hardship or infringement. It's easy. I wish everyone else felt that way.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Over the past 15 years, our statistics have been requested by, and provided to: the U2 concert

The ALA endorsement means nothing but the U2 reference elicits a response. Whatever it takes.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:15 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

The ALA endorsement means nothing but the U2 reference elicits a response.  Whatever it takes.
No, it was a comment or joke about the fact that you have all these pretty impressive endorsements and among them you throw in a U2 concert.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:51 am

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

The ALA endorsement means nothing but the U2 reference elicits a response.  Whatever it takes.
No, it was a comment or joke about the fact that you have all these pretty impressive endorsements and among them you throw in a U2 concert.

I didn't throw anything in. I simply copied and pasted what they wrote about themselves.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:15 am

19delta wrote:

Agreed.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I wear a mask whenever I go out. I do not find it to be a hardship or infringement. It's easy. I wish everyone else felt that way.

agreed!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Just make sure the masks you are wearing are not cloth, been proven to cause more harm than good.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577
I always have one with me but it wear it when social distance cannot be accomplished because I have issues breathing when wearing the mask for an extended period of time.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:51 pm

593 new cases in Illinois for Thursday. 464 deaths in US today, down for the 2nd day in a row. I'll bet they don't mention that on the evening news though.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:00 pm

OSUBucks wrote:593 new cases in Illinois for Thursday. 464 deaths in US today, down for the 2nd day in a row. I'll bet they don't mention that on the evening news though.

Depends on the news source.

In all seriousness, I think the decrease in deaths is great news. My concern is that the large uptick in cases in some of our larger population states like Florida and Texas in recent days/weeks will drive the death numbers higher in 2-3 weeks.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:593 new cases in Illinois for Thursday. 464 deaths in US today, down for the 2nd day in a row. I'll bet they don't mention that on the evening news though.

Depends on the news source.  

In all seriousness, I think the decrease in deaths is great news.  My concern is that the large uptick in cases in some of our larger population states like Florida and Texas in recent days/weeks will drive the death numbers higher in 2-3 weeks.

I used Worldometers as my source. I have heard that they're pretty good. Wink I agree that Florida, Texas and Arizona could lag behind the rest of the country in coming out of this.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Statewide positivity rate for Illinois 6/11-6/17 was 3%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next