Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home gym equipment must-haves

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Home gym equipment must-haves - Page 4 Empty Re: Home gym equipment must-haves

Post by 19delta on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:56 pm

I just picked up 300lbs of weight for under $1/pound.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:37 am

19delta wrote:I just picked up 300lbs of weight for under $1/pound.
Nice. Where'd you do that?

PS- after my first day of DL in 2 years, I am sore as crap. Which is interesting since I've squatted twice and front squatted once every week during that period
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 am

You still need Plates HI?
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 am

Bighitter11 wrote:You still need Plates HI?
Depends. I'm not desperate, but you can always find a home for more. What you got?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 am

Let me go out to the school and look what we still have left that didnt get tossed.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am

Bighitter11 wrote:tossed.
Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:I just picked up 300lbs of weight for under $1/pound.
Nice. Where'd you do that?

PS- after my first day of DL in 2 years, I am sore as crap. Which is interesting since I've squatted twice and front squatted once every week during that period

Facebook Marketplace. Some retired cop in Ogle County.

I now have ten 45lbs-Fitness Gear plates. They aren't the greatest but at least they are a matched set.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:58 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Delta- any favorite bar you use or want? I have one, but it's pretty low end. Maybe thinking Christmas money.

Yes.

If you aren't doing Oly movements, the best general-purpose bar on the market is the Texas Power Bar from Texas Strength Systems. Deep and aggressive knurling and very low whip. It's excellent for pressing and squatting. I don't like dead lifting or doing Olys with it because it has virtually no whip and the knurling is tough on your hands. It's extremely rigid (that's what she said!) and won't flex under heavy load. You can dead lift with a Texas Power Bar but it will tear your hands up pretty good.

Another good, all-around barbell is the Rogue Echo 2.0. It's a budget barbell but still a Rogue and performs well. I bought 5 of them for our weight room last year and the kids love them for Oly lifts. Also good for squats, presses, pulls, and dead lifts.

If you are REALLY into deadlifting, check out a Texas Deadlift Bar (also from Texas Strength Systems). It's the best deadlift bar on the market. Once you have pulled with a Texas Deadlift Bar, you will never want to use a conventional bar again. The TDB has a 27mm shaft so it is much easier to grip, the bar is almost 8' long, and has tremendous whip. Under heavy loads, the bar will flex over an inch before the weight breaks from the floor. You will pull huge dead lifts with a TDB.
Picked up a Rogue Ohio bar from their "Boneyard" for 225 last night. Waiting to ship. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it. Supposed to be 5-7 days. Starting to see too much bend in the generic bar I use no that I'm back to decent weights- 345x5 on bench, 355x5 on squat (still a little leary from the injury 2 years ago) and already back to 355x6 on DL (with the boxes).
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Delta- any favorite bar you use or want? I have one, but it's pretty low end. Maybe thinking Christmas money.

Yes.

If you aren't doing Oly movements, the best general-purpose bar on the market is the Texas Power Bar from Texas Strength Systems. Deep and aggressive knurling and very low whip. It's excellent for pressing and squatting. I don't like dead lifting or doing Olys with it because it has virtually no whip and the knurling is tough on your hands. It's extremely rigid (that's what she said!) and won't flex under heavy load. You can dead lift with a Texas Power Bar but it will tear your hands up pretty good.

Another good, all-around barbell is the Rogue Echo 2.0. It's a budget barbell but still a Rogue and performs well. I bought 5 of them for our weight room last year and the kids love them for Oly lifts. Also good for squats, presses, pulls, and dead lifts.

If you are REALLY into deadlifting, check out a Texas Deadlift Bar (also from Texas Strength Systems). It's the best deadlift bar on the market. Once you have pulled with a Texas Deadlift Bar, you will never want to use a conventional bar again. The TDB has a 27mm shaft so it is much easier to grip, the bar is almost 8' long, and has tremendous whip. Under heavy loads, the bar will flex over an inch before the weight breaks from the floor. You will pull huge dead lifts with a TDB.
Picked up a Rogue Ohio bar from their "Boneyard" for 225 last night. Waiting to ship. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it. Supposed to be 5-7 days. Starting to see too much bend in the generic bar I use no that I'm back to decent weights- 345x5 on bench, 355x5 on squat (still a little leary from the injury 2 years ago) and already back to 355x6 on DL (with the boxes).

The Ohio bar has had really good reviews. Basically Rogue's version of the Texas Power Bar. The only thing I don't like about the Ohio bar is that it doesn't have center knurling.

355x6 on deadlift? What's up with all the cardio? Laughing
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:34 pm

Ya, I figured if it's their go to bar you can't beat it for that price. I just hope it's not too messed up.

Idk about the 6. Wednesday is a lighter lifting day as I get off work at 7am, sleep until about 1-2 and then lift as soon as I get up. It felt good last Wed so I did an extra rep.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Got the new bar today. Big, big fan. Maybe the nicest bar I've ever used.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum