Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home gym equipment must-haves

+4
Teetime
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
19delta
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Home gym equipment must-haves - Page 2 Empty Re: Home gym equipment must-haves

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Home gym equipment must-haves - Page 2 20200513

Doesn't have anything to do with the gym, but made some shelves for the basement Wed afternoon to today. I decided to wait on the weight tree until I got the scraps from this project.

The red bag is still our Christmas tree.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm

Delta, or anyone else- Know of any places that are actually shipping plates? I'd really like to get more, but most places are swamped or shut down.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Delta, or anyone else- Know of any places that are actually shipping plates? I'd really like to get more, but most places are swamped or shut down.

That's going to be really tough. I've been looking and about the only plates I can find are calibrated competiton plates (like from Eleiko) but they are insanely expensive.

If you are really desperate, I have seen a ton of videos on YouTube lately that show how you can make weights out of concrete. Basically like the old Sears sets.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Ya, I've seen those. I'm not that desperate. Yet.😀

York has recently changed their banner from completely shut down to check back in 24 hours. Their website also says they have some plates in stock. We'll see.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 am

I just scored four 45lbs plates and two 35lbs plates from a neighbor. He had them collecting dust and rust in the garage.

We have about 900lbs of weights now.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 20, 2020 10:48 am

19delta wrote:I just scored four 45lbs plates and two 35lbs plates from a neighbor. He had them collecting dust and rust in the garage.

You suck.

What'd you get them for a lb?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 20, 2020 11:22 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:I just scored four 45lbs plates and two 35lbs plates from a neighbor. He had them collecting dust and rust in the garage.

You suck.

I offered to buy them from him but he told me to just hang on to them and use them until the shutdown is over.

One set of 45lbs plates is from York. Rusty but super-smooth machining and a really tight fit on the barbell. When I saw they were old, rusty, Yorks, my heart skipped a beat because I thought they might be deep-dish plates but I wasn't THAT lucky (but still really lucky!). I have them soaking in some WD-40 right now.

So, we now have 3 sets of full-sized, matched 45s (albeit each set from a different company), 3 sets of Fitness Gear 45s, 1 set of York 35s, 1 set of Fitness Gear 35s, 2 sets each of Fitness Gear 25s and 10s and 1 set each of Fitness Gear 5s and 2.5s. Plus 2 barbells, a Texas Dead Lift Bar, the Intek trap bar, and a couple other odds and ends.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 am

There is a couple my wife and I know through wrestling. About 2 weeks ago, the wife found out that the husband was cheating and she threw him out and then proceeded to drag him all over social media. Wife is volatile and was not going to take it easy on him...absolutely clobbered the guy publicly! Laughing

While doing this, she also started selling off all his stuff. He had a weight set at home with 300lbs of matched Olympic weights that were in good shape (he just bought them about 8 months ago). She posted up on Facebook that she was selling them and would take the first offer she got. I wanted to jump all over it but hesitated because I know the guy pretty well and didn't want to benefit from his misery. The first person to respond to her was the principal at the kids' school...obviously he wasn't troubled in the least! Laughing
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 pm

All's fair in love and swole.

I'd have jumped all over that stuff. If he took issue with it, I'd have told him he should have kept his dick in his pants. That is one thing I can't tolerate.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm

19delta wrote:We have about 900lbs of weights now.

Let me know when you get up to a challenging weight.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 20, 2020 1:20 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

You suck.

I offered to buy them from him but he told me to just hang on to them and use them until the shutdown is over.

One set of 45lbs plates is from York. Rusty but super-smooth machining and a really tight fit on the barbell. When I saw they were old, rusty, Yorks, my heart skipped a beat because I thought they might be deep-dish plates but I wasn't THAT lucky (but still really lucky!). I have them soaking in some WD-40 right now.

So, we now have 3 sets of full-sized, matched 45s (albeit each set from a different company), 3 sets of Fitness Gear 45s, 1 set of York 35s, 1 set of Fitness Gear 35s, 2 sets each of Fitness Gear 25s and 10s and 1 set each of Fitness Gear 5s and 2.5s. Plus 2 barbells, a Texas Dead Lift Bar, the Intek trap bar, and a couple other odds and ends.

To remove the rust, do you just soak them or wite brush them and then soak? Are you painting them after de rustification?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

You suck.

To remove the rust, do you just soak them or wite brush them and then soak? Are you painting them after de rustification?

Because they are not mine, I am just going to give them a WD-40 soak and wipe them off.

But, with the plates I own, which were pretty rusty, I had my oldest take them to work and he used a sandblaster on them to remove the surface rust and smooth out sharp edges. Then, I painted them using Rustoleum tractor and implement spray paint. I'm not overly concerned with appearance, more so with rust as my garage doesn't have great circulation and can get damp. I'm also wiping down all of our barbells 1x a week with WD-40.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pm

Home gym equipment must-haves - Page 2 20200515
Home gym equipment must-haves - Page 2 20200514

Put in rubber flooring and made a weight tree over my weekend Thursday and Friday. Don't know that I have the energy to try it out now.😀
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun May 24, 2020 8:25 am

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

You suck.

Do you prefer the deep dish plates? Why?

Just interested.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun May 24, 2020 11:23 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

You suck.

Do you prefer the deep dish plates? Why?

Just interested.

No, I don't prefer them. I just think they are really cool. Collector's item. They are worth a couple hundred bucks each.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Oh. I wondered because York has them on their website for sale (whenever they actually start selling stuff). I didn't know if you thought there were advantages.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by center Mon May 25, 2020 9:44 am

There is a used sporting goods dealer up here that hopes to open up again soon He was starting to get cleaned out of fitness equipment right before shelter in place closed him.

He says if you are patient you will get all the lightly used weights and fitness stuff you want. Once gyms are back and kids are in school weight rooms a lot of the stuff will lay unused and become clothes hangers. Then it eventually comes back to him when people need the money.

A lot of families had high school athletes and bought and built stuff so their kid could train during shutdown. The kids themselves weren’t even that motivated, parent just freaked out and bought stuff.

The stuff will open up and you guys can build the rest of your home gym.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue May 26, 2020 9:22 am

Head Idiot how close to MacMurray are you? Im sure they have some weight room stuff needing a new home.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue May 26, 2020 9:44 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Head Idiot how close to MacMurray are you?  Im sure they have some weight room stuff needing a new home.  

drove by there saturday. they were loading the gym equipment onto 2 u hauls, so i'm sure it's all gone.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Sounds like Rep Fitness has plates back in:

https://www.repfitness.com/
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Thanks for the link, but unless I'm looking in the wrong place, the only iron they have in stock is 10lb plates.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Thanks for the link, but unless I'm looking in the wrong place, the only iron they have in stock is 10lb plates.

Yep. That didn't last long! 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:59 am

Went to Rogue's website today and for their regular, black iron plates it says "Notify when available" for certain weights, but allowed you to put in a number for pairs of 10s, 25s and 45s. So I put in 2, 1 and 2 respectively.

Only when you go to see your cart do they let you know the 25s and 45s are out of stock. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Went to Rogue's website today and for their regular, black iron plates it says "Notify when available" for certain weights, but allowed you to put in a number for pairs of 10s, 25s and 45s. So I put in 2, 1 and 2 respectively.

Only when you go to see your cart do they let you know the 25s and 45s are out of stock. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Not very helpful!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:53 am

Head Idiot wrote:Went to Rogue's website today and for their regular, black iron plates it says "Notify when available" for certain weights, but allowed you to put in a number for pairs of 10s, 25s and 45s. So I put in 2, 1 and 2 respectively.

Should of stopped in Clifton Im sure we got some plates for ya
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next