Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by OSUBucks Tue May 05, 2020 6:52 pm

I took my truck in this morning to get it detailed. As required I put on a mask before entering their shop. None of the employees that I saw were wearing masks.
The Governor mentioned a couple of weeks ago that when the time comes he could cease the stay at home regulations by region. I hope he sticks to it. Exempting Cook county and its 4 surrounding counties there have only been around 400 fatalities in the other 97 counties since this whole thing started. A lot of those are in counties in the vicinity of St Louis. I would think that here in Central Illinois we should be ready to open up in June based on the statistical trends. The number of new cases has trended down the last several days. There were a lot more deaths today but that stat will lag a couple weeks behind the stats on new infections.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue May 05, 2020 7:07 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I wonder what ever happened to the metoo movement?

The Founder of Politico sums it up nicely....
Coronavirus I - Page 29 Politi10

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue May 05, 2020 7:37 pm

New normal...

We're headed to Texas Saturday to see the new grand-daughter... taking LQ horse trailer, 2 horses & 3 dogs, we usually stop halfway in Forrest City, Ark overnight.

Nope. State Park there doesn't re-open until May 14, so we'll stay at a private horse hotel near Little Rock instead.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 05, 2020 7:41 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I took my truck in this morning to get it detailed. As required I put on a mask before entering their shop. None of the employees that I saw were wearing masks.
The Governor mentioned a couple of weeks ago that when the time comes he could cease the stay at home regulations by region. I hope he sticks to it. Exempting Cook county and its 4 surrounding counties there have only been around 400 fatalities in the other 97 counties since this whole thing started. A lot of those are in counties in the vicinity of St Louis. I would think that here in Central Illinois we should be ready to open up in June based on the statistical trends. The number of new cases has trended down the last several days. There were a lot more deaths today but that stat will lag a couple weeks behind the stats on new infections.
https://herald-review.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/face-mask-dispute-escalates-into-violence-at-decatur-gas-station-police-say/article_f6b0b68c-ef44-50a9-8a8b-8856eb51334e.html#tracking-source=home-trending

We have had 14 of those 97 here in Macon County. 13 are from the same Sr home.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Tue May 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:...the President is a serial molester of women. He said he was.

Yes.  He really did.   Not.

He said, in effect, when you're rich and powerful you can be pretty brazen and shitty.  It was hyperbole.   Terrible hyperbole, but hey, no one ever said he was a nice guy.

Trump didn't grab anyone's pussy any more than I LITERALLY kicked someone in the posterior when I say I "kicked someone ass."
The thing is, he wasn't lying when he said that when you're famous that you can do that. This idea that women don't throw themselves at rich and famous men and volunteer to do all sorts of vile things with them is ridiculous.

I mean- John F Kennedy

Men will use power and money to get sex.
Women will use sex to gain power and money

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue May 05, 2020 10:50 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:...the President is a serial molester of women. He said he was.

Yes.  He really did.   Not.

He said, in effect, when you're rich and powerful you can be pretty brazen and shitty.  It was hyperbole.   Terrible hyperbole, but hey, no one ever said he was a nice guy.

Trump didn't grab anyone's pussy any more than I LITERALLY kicked someone in the posterior when I say I "kicked someone’s ass

Not only did he say he was a serial molester, six or seven women backed up his story. It was one of the few times he spoke the truth but it was several years before he got into politics.

Last edited by Teetime on Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The thing is, he wasn't lying when he said that when you're famous that you can do that. This idea that women don't throw themselves at rich and famous men and volunteer to do all sorts of vile things with them is ridiculous.

I mean- John F Kennedy

Glad you have been such a hero of the #me too movement in this thread.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 05, 2020 11:01 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:The thing is, he wasn't lying when he said that when you're famous that you can do that. This idea that women don't throw themselves at rich and famous men and volunteer to do all sorts of vile things with them is ridiculous.

I mean- John F Kennedy

Glad you have been such a hero of the #me too movement in this thread.
What?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 06, 2020 7:34 am

Teetime wrote:Not only did he say he was a serial molester, six or seven women backed up his story. It was one of the few times he spoke the truth but it was several years before he got into politics.

Link?  From a real source, please.  If all you got is third-hand, he-said/she-said anonymously from Vox or Salon, you can skip it.

Many people, probably even you, have fallen for the "fine people hoax" that Trump called neo-Nazis fine people when the opposite is true. I'd like to see the real video or verified quote where Trump said he was a "serial molester."

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed May 06, 2020 8:45 am

net wrote:cass county(this is day 14) 35 cases and 168 quarantined.

44 cases, 19 days.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed May 06, 2020 8:58 am

lefty120 wrote: So many, not just Milano (who was and still is smokin hot by the way) 

she makes a pretty good cookie, too.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 06, 2020 9:41 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:Not only did he say he was a serial molester, six or seven women backed up his story. It was one of the few times he spoke the truth but it was several years before he got into politics.

Link?  From a real source, please.  

https://time.com/5058646/donald-trump-accusers/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 06, 2020 9:51 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Many people, probably even you,  have fallen for the "fine people hoax" that Trump called neo-Nazis fine people when the opposite is true.

Here is a rational analysis of the "fine people" statement. It includes the exact quotes. Before you start bitching, the Washington Post is a fine paper with highly respected writers from both sides of the aisle.

Verdict...an attempt to rewrite what was said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/25/meet-trump-charlottesville-truthers/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 06, 2020 9:53 am

Teetime wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:

Link?  From a real source, please.  

https://time.com/5058646/donald-trump-accusers/

You made me read that whole article... and not once in there did Trump claim to be a "serial molester." Please stop wasting my time.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 06, 2020 9:59 am

Here a group of real conservatives are producing ads that oppose the President, not the New York Times or the Washington Post or Salon or Vox or Michael Moore. It's "Mourning in America".

https://adage.com/article/campaign-trail/mourning-america-conservative-groups-harsh-new-political-ad-takes-trumps-coronavirus-response/2254396

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 06, 2020 10:00 am

TDS, like the ChinaVirus, knows no party affiliation....

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 am

BirdWatcher wrote:You made me read that whole article... and not once in there did Trump claim to be a "serial molester."   Please stop wasting my time.

It was a link to the women who backed up his story. Trump said that he got away with "grabbing women by the pussy". I said he was a serial molester and that he admitted it with that pussy grabbing statement.

You are the one who put that in quotation marks as if it were an exact quote. You created the fake news.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 06, 2020 10:23 am

BirdWatcher wrote:TDS, like the ChinaVirus, knows no party affiliation....

I said they were "real conservatives" (note the quotation marks) not what party they were from.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed May 06, 2020 11:08 am

Women have been treated as the weaker sex since the beginning of time. Among other things, that means that they have often been treated as sex objects to be used. When they are used in sexual ways, it is often in ways that they don't want.

None of the above is intended to excuse men for their behavior in this area. Rather, it is to acknowledge that the problem is rampant. Despite all that has been accomplished in the modern era relative to gender equality, the needle has barely been moved in this area relative to the ongoing nature of the problem.

All that is to say that MILLIONS of people in this country have had unwanted sex. Some of that has been with politicians. Some of it has been with clergy. Some with teachers and coaches. Some with family members. The odds are that some of you reading this have either been the perpetrator or recipient (or both) of unwanted sex.

Given the ubiquitous nature of unwanted sex and the recent incredible polarization of our political scene in this country, I have a difficult time with placing too much weight on any of these people who come forward claiming that this appointee sexually assaulted me or that candidate made unwanted advances. I absolutely do not believe that all accusers are to be believed. When it gets into the political arena, and especially when many years have passed since the alleged misdeed with no previous public airing of that misdeed, I tend to discount their stories even more. I think that some, not all, of these accusers are coming forward with the sole intention of promoting their own political candidates or destroying those that they don't like, and not because they are seeking justice. If it was justice they wanted, then the timing of making public their search for it is definitely an eyebrow raiser.

I realize that many of you think I am a liberal because I can't stand Trump, or because I don't believe that we need a constitutional right to own semi-automatic weapons, or that I want universal healthcare, or that I think we are reopening the country too soon and will pay the price with unnecessary additional deaths. The reality is that I don't view myself as a liberal at all. Do I hold some liberal views? Sure. Do I hold some conservative views? Yes. I'm very anti death penalty (a definitely liberal view) and very anti abortion (a very conservative view). I would imagine with the above stated viewpoint relative to the me too movement and politics, you might think that is a conservative viewpoint, and I am okay with that.

Now, can we please just get back to the corona virus? There is just so much grist for the mill!

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 06, 2020 11:15 am

Teetime wrote:Trump said that he got away with "grabbing women by the pussy".

I'll remember that you don't understand hyperbole the next time I "kick someone's ass..." Smile

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 06, 2020 11:23 am

Teetime wrote:
Here is a rational analysis of the "fine people" statement. ....Washington Post is a fine paper with highly respected writers from both sides of the aisle.

From WaPo (meh) - "Trump seemed to find something redeeming in a group of protesters"

Mind-reading.  More time wasted....

Here's WaPo calling CNN FakeNews... waiting for the turnaround....
washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/kim-jong-un-appears-to-be-alive-after-all-so-how-did-his-death-make-the-news/2020/05/05/e9cf7f0e-8d6c-11ea-a0bc-4e9ad4866d21_story.html

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Wed May 06, 2020 1:48 pm

ramblinman wrote:Women have been treated as the weaker sex since the beginning of time.  Among other things, that means that they have often been treated as sex objects to be used.  When they are used in sexual ways, it is often in ways that they don't want.  

None of the above is intended to excuse men for their behavior in this area.  Rather, it is to acknowledge that the problem is rampant.  Despite all that has been accomplished in the modern era relative to gender equality, the needle has barely been moved in this area relative to the ongoing nature of the problem.  

All that is to say that MILLIONS of people in this country have had unwanted sex.  Some of that has been with politicians.  Some of it has been with clergy.  Some with teachers and coaches.  Some with family members.  The odds are that some of you reading this have either been the perpetrator or recipient (or both) of unwanted sex.

Given the ubiquitous nature of unwanted sex and the recent incredible polarization of our political scene in this country, I have a difficult time with placing too much weight on any of these people who come forward claiming that this appointee sexually assaulted me or that candidate made unwanted advances.  I absolutely do not believe that all accusers are to be believed.  When it gets into the political arena, and especially when many years have passed since the alleged misdeed with no previous public airing of that misdeed, I tend to discount their stories even more.  I think that some, not all, of these accusers are coming forward with the sole intention of promoting their own political candidates or destroying those that they don't like, and not because they are seeking justice.  If it was justice they wanted, then the timing of making public their search for it is definitely an eyebrow raiser.

I realize that many of you think I am a liberal because I can't stand Trump, or because I don't believe that we need a constitutional right to own semi-automatic weapons, or that I want universal healthcare, or that I think we are reopening the country too soon and will pay the price with unnecessary additional deaths. The reality is that I don't view myself as a liberal at all.  Do I hold some liberal views?  Sure.  Do I hold some conservative views?  Yes.  I'm very anti death penalty (a definitely liberal view) and very anti abortion (a very conservative view).  I would imagine with the above stated viewpoint relative to the me too movement and politics, you might think that is a conservative viewpoint, and I am okay with that.

Now, can we please just get back to the corona virus?  There is just so much grist for the mill!

https://youtu.be/xMQPZe7cD7w

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 06, 2020 3:12 pm

Here's what Joe Biden said just 19 months ago regarding the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh:

"Former Vice President Joe Biden told reporters in September 2018, in the midst of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation battle, that “for a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real — whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.”

I wonder if Biden still feels that way? Laughing

Last edited by 19delta on Wed May 06, 2020 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 06, 2020 5:55 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/05/06/majority-of-new-coronavirus-cases-in-new-york-are-from-people-staying-at-home-not-traveling-or-working/

About 1,200 patients were surveyed from 113 hospitals over a three-day period, Cuomo said; his office did not respond to a request for comment by Forbes.

In addition to mostly coming from their homes, surveyed patients were more likely to be over 51 years old, and either nonessential workers, retired or unemployed.

96% of the surveyed patients had co-morbidities, which means nearly all had another chronic medical condition prior to catching coronavirus.

The survey also found that COVID-19 disproportionately affects African Americans and Hispanics living in the New York City area.

The New York survey appears to be unique in that it released results on where patients came from before being hospitalized.

Some of the survey’s results on ethnicity and age appeared to match a Centers for Disease Control study of hospitalized patients released April 8, 2020, which showed that older people and African Americans were more likely to have COVID-19.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next