Coronavirus

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Coronavirus  - Page 22 Head-in-sand
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What if- and I know this is going to be hard for you to grasp since no one in the government or the media has told you to think this way- we got it when it first potentially came to this country and are now immune to it? I mean, we do have one of the largest groups of Chinese nationals in the country downt har in da sticks in Chambana. No way they could have brought it back over Christmas and led to that huge mystery illness that hit Central Illinois in January/February.

What if you are wrong?  Do you really want to gamble on that what if?

But, hey, any port in a storm...even what if ports I guess.

So, you must really be pushing for that antibody test, right?  

I am not concerned about it in any way shape or form. As I've said, I have a lot of other pressing concerns in my daily routine that can kill me than rona. Read an article today that said that with new statistics and facts coming in, driving to work is actually more potentially deadly for me.

It doesn't matter to me personally one way or the other. My life is 0% different than before this other than I workout at home now and there'sa hell of a lot more peopleoutsidein my neighborhoodto dodge when I take the dog on a walk or run. I still go to work everyday, and still do my once a week shopping at Wal Mart. So ya, I have no problem making that bet.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by lefty120 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 pm

I'll say this...my wife and I have had this very conversation regarding how long it's actually been here. Our entire family had something, we're not sure what...but our two youngest both went to the dr. with it in january...we had a ridiculous number of kids out of our high school during december and january...all same stuff...horrible upper respiratory, minor fever and aches...many got treated like strep or the flu; both ours were put on a z pack and upper respiratory decongestants...but none, and i mean none that i'm aware of (including our students), got a positive flu test that came back. my wife and i battled it for a good 3-4 weeks...just the cough and wheezy chest etc. Now, I'm not ready to jump all in on the boat that we had corona around here...but we have a huge NAL plant...which regularly has numerous people in their plant all over the country and in the Far East...just sayin...

lefty120
Bee-otch

Posts : 339
Join date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by net on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:22 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
net wrote:

ps. ain't no waffle houses around here.Smile  
There's only 2 in the entire state.

How about Ponderosa, Howard Johnson's, or Sambo's?

how about yes, nope and nope. stop. i can take you to places in my area that would make a 'rural diners, drive ins and dives' an award setting show. you don't know what kind of places i could take you. pretty darn good eats that i could show you.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 5063
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 55
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by net on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:24 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
net wrote:

ps. ain't no waffle houses around here.Smile  
There's only 2 in the entire state.

i know of one. what locations are you talking about?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 5063
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 55
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by OSUBucks on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:37 pm

After reading today's thread I could really go for some Waffle House hash browns!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:30 pm

net wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
net wrote:

ps. ain't no waffle houses around here.Smile  
There's only 2 in the entire state.

i know of one. what locations are you talking about?
One's off 55 in Collinsville and the other is off 270 apparently- https://locations.wafflehouse.com/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:31 pm

OSUBucks wrote:After reading today's thread I could really go for some Waffle House hash browns!
I've never eaten at Waffle House. When I was in training in Georgia for the railroad there was an interstate exit with a Waffle House on each side of the interstate. Around McDonough somewhere.

Huddle House in Williamsville is really good.

Edit- it actually is at McDonough. Right on the road my hotel and train training place was.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:10 am

Head Idiot wrote:I've never eaten at Waffle House.

They're everywhere here in TN..... at one exit in Chattanooga, there are two. One on each side of Interstate 75. Both full, all the time.

I like their food but love their business model: they pay their employees in cash, at the end of each week. It's a great starter job for someone without a bank account or moving through an area.

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
BirdWatcher
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2106
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 61
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by net on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 am

lefty120 wrote:I'll say this...my wife and I have had this very conversation regarding how long it's actually been here.  Our entire family had something, we're not sure what...but our two youngest both went to the dr. with it in january...we had a ridiculous number of kids out of our high school during december and january...all same stuff...horrible upper respiratory, minor fever and aches...many got treated like strep or the flu; both ours were put on a z pack and upper respiratory decongestants...but none, and i mean none that i'm aware of (including our students), got a positive flu test that came back.  my wife and i battled it for a good 3-4 weeks...just the cough and wheezy chest etc. Now, I'm not ready to jump all in on the boat that we had corona around here...but we have a huge NAL plant...which regularly has numerous people in their plant all over the country and in the Far East...just sayin...

if you got back to page 14, horsefeather and i discussed how we wondered if our families had already encountered this.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 5063
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 55
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by net on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:26 am

net wrote:
19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I think the fatality rate for the Coronavirus virus is currently higher than that of the seasonal flu. That only makes sense because millions of people around the world take a flu vaccine every year but there isn't a vaccine yet for the Coronavirus.
I'm confident in saying that if most Americans were tested for the Coronavirus the fatality rate would drop below 1%, probably closer to one half of one percent like it is in Germany.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-are-so-few-germans-dying-from-the-coronavirus-experts-wonder/ar-BB11HjEC

https://chicagodefender.com/pritzker-concerned-he-may-need-to-extend-stay-at-home-order-beyond-april-7/?fbclid=IwAR0w1U005dY0muG9BmuENgOsY3yuCd2GlYHXRlT90ZTUweAto2GOMWIj81Q

Despite the title of the article, there is a lot of good news here. Just a little more than half the hospital beds in Illinois are full and almost three-quarters of the state's ventilators are still available for use.

Pritzker's "concerns" about having to extend the stay-at-home order are based on the worst-case scenarios, defined as what would have happened had he not issued the stay-at-home order. Given that, I think we are in good shape. In fact, I'm feeling really good about going back to school on April 8th. Just this past weekend, I thought school would be done for the year. Trump might be right...things are looking good for opening the country back up in time for Easter.

while i appreciate your optimism of a 4/8 return to school, i think you're totally wrong. imho, a return in mid-may is optimistic.

no research. no articles to quote.

as long as chicago continues to see rises, pritzker will keep kids home.

the first case in morgan county was an 84yo man(lives 4 miles from my house) which they have no idea how he contracted covid-19. the only scenario they can figure out is he was an election judge in a town of around 200 people. someone had to give it to him, but who? and who knows how many other people 'the carrier' has been in contact with.

here's what i said on 3/27.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 5063
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 55
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:39 pm

Well there's a model out there now saying that it will be near the middle of May before Illinois hits its peak. Mayor Lightfoot said today that she expects the stay at home order to be extended into June. Not good news. I'm more worried now that we might have a fall without football. Sad
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by net on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:55 pm

net wrote:don't bother. we-cass county-were one of three counties in central il to not have any cases until.......

one sat, two yesterday, four today. cchd was setting up a tent in beardstown this morning for testing. 

6 total on tuesday. going to be a 'LOT' more over the next two weeks.



Last edited by net on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : didn't quote. hit edit by mistake.)
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 5063
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 55
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by ramblinman on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:14 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I'm more worried now that we might have a fall without football. Sad

Guys lining up with their faces literally inches apart from each other, breathing hard as they wait for a long count before colliding into each other play after play after play. What's there to worry about?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:05 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I'm more worried now that we might have a fall without football. Sad

Guys lining up with their faces literally inches apart from each other, breathing hard as they wait for a long count before colliding into each other play after play after play.  What's there to worry about?

This virus could still die out by July, that's according to experts in the field so there could still be fall sports. It's still too early to give up hope.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by ramblinman on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:10 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I'm more worried now that we might have a fall without football. Sad

Guys lining up with their faces literally inches apart from each other, breathing hard as they wait for a long count before colliding into each other play after play after play.  What's there to worry about?

This virus could still die out by July, that's according to experts in the field so there could still be fall sports. It's still too early to give up hope.

Many public health experts are predicting a resurgence of cases in the fall.  One expert I saw recently said not to think in terms of a curve.  Think more like a mountain range with ongoing peaks and valleys until a vaccine is discovered and becomes ubiquitous.

Our own CDC Director has just predicted another outbreak next winter, possibly even worse than what we are going through now. https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/second-coronavirus-cdc-director-robert-redfield/index.html
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:50 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I'm more worried now that we might have a fall without football. Sad

Guys lining up with their faces literally inches apart from each other, breathing hard as they wait for a long count before colliding into each other play after play after play.  What's there to worry about?

This virus could still die out by July, that's according to experts in the field so there could still be fall sports. It's still too early to give up hope.

Many public health experts are predicting a resurgence of cases in the fall.  One expert I saw recently said not to think in terms of a curve.  Think more like a mountain range with ongoing peaks and valleys until a vaccine is discovered and becomes ubiquitous.

Our own CDC Director has just predicted another outbreak next winter, possibly even worse than what we are going through now.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/second-coronavirus-cdc-director-robert-redfield/index.html

Yes it is possible that could happen like H1N1 did in 2009. Clinical trails are underway for a Covid-19 treatment and we should have one good treatment online by fall. As early as September Johnson & Johnson should have a vaccine ready for the testing phase. Everyone should get vaccinated by sometime around mid 2021.
It's certainly possible that we'll have no football or a shortened season this year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:05 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
Man, it's almost like they don't know everything about this virus...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by ramblinman on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
Man, it's almost like they don't know everything about this virus...

It stands to reason that many more people have had the virus than we are aware of. If there had been widespread current virus testing available early on, we would have known what the after the fact antibody testing is telling us.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:42 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
Man, it's almost like they don't know everything about this virus...

It stands to reason that many more people have had the virus than we are aware of.  If there had been widespread current virus testing available early on, we would have known what the after the fact antibody testing is telling us.
So, would you say the "experts" are doing little more than making recommendations based on their best guess right now?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 am

If this number is to be believed, we, a prison formerly of 550 inmates has accounted for about 15-20% of all the releases in the state.
The department's efforts to return people to their communities has led to either the release or home confinement of more than 760 people, and this work is continuing. To reach this number, the department is exercising the legal procedures available while placing an emphasis on maintaining public safety.


https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspapers/extra/news/read-the-letter-pritzker-faces-questioning-on-prison-sentence-commutations/article_05decbc4-ebd8-5286-aa7b-ae8601b86764.html

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by ramblinman on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:32 am

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
Man, it's almost like they don't know everything about this virus...

It stands to reason that many more people have had the virus than we are aware of.  If there had been widespread current virus testing available early on, we would have known what the after the fact antibody testing is telling us.

So, would you say the "experts" are doing little more than making recommendations based on their best guess right now?

Somewhere in between your "they don't know everything" comment and your "best guess" comment. The fact that the experts say that the mortality rate goes up with age is not a best guess. The fact that the virus is spread primarily from one human to another is not a best guess. The recommendation that social distancing, hand washing, etc. are actions that people can take to mitigate the spread of the virus is not a best guess.

Pretty sure that most of the best guesses these days are being made by politicians. I think the adjective best in front of the word guesses is being way too generous.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” Trump January 22

“Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though." Trump Feb 10

"It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” Trump Feb 27

“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” Trump March 10. A day later, on March 11, the WHO declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

“This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.” March 17

smh






ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 am

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
Man, it's almost like they don't know everything about this virus...

It stands to reason that many more people have had the virus than we are aware of.  If there had been widespread current virus testing available early on, we would have known what the after the fact antibody testing is telling us.

So, would you say the "experts" are doing little more than making recommendations based on their best guess right now?

Somewhere in between your "they don't know everything" comment and your "best guess" comment.  The fact that the experts say that the mortality rate goes up with age is not a best guess.  The fact that the virus is spread primarily from one human to another is not a best guess.  The recommendation that social distancing, hand washing, etc. are actions that people can take to mitigate the spread of the virus is not a best guess.  

Pretty sure that most of the best guesses these days are being made by politicians.  I think the adjective best in front of the word guesses is being way too generous.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”  Trump January 22

“Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though."  Trump Feb 10

"It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”   Trump Feb 27

“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” Trump March 10.  A day later, on March 11, the WHO declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

“This is a pandemic.  I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”  March 17

smh






How in the \"f\"ing do you associate that question with a response of a Trump quote rant?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10523
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by ramblinman on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:58 am

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Well this study doesn't surprise me much. It appears that there are many more infected than we previously thought.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2328
Man, it's almost like they don't know everything about this virus...

It stands to reason that many more people have had the virus than we are aware of.  If there had been widespread current virus testing available early on, we would have known what the after the fact antibody testing is telling us.

So, would you say the "experts" are doing little more than making recommendations based on their best guess right now?

Somewhere in between your "they don't know everything" comment and your "best guess" comment.  The fact that the experts say that the mortality rate goes up with age is not a best guess.  The fact that the virus is spread primarily from one human to another is not a best guess.  The recommendation that social distancing, hand washing, etc. are actions that people can take to mitigate the spread of the virus is not a best guess.  

Pretty sure that most of the best guesses these days are being made by politicians.  I think the adjective best in front of the word guesses is being way too generous.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”  Trump January 22

“Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though."  Trump Feb 10

"It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”   Trump Feb 27

“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” Trump March 10.  A day later, on March 11, the WHO declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

“This is a pandemic.  I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”  March 17

smh






How in the \"f\"ing do you associate that question with a response of a Trump quote rant?

Because your question was about best guesses, and the guessing these days is being done by politicians, and our president is the Guesser in Chief.  The experts are basing their recommendations on science and facts.  

Here's another rant for ya:

The GOP governor of Georgia (the one who on April 2 admitted that he had "just learned" that asymptomatic people could spread the virus...something about the virus that was common knowledge for months) took steps a couple of days ago to reopen the Georgia economy by allowing certain businesses like tattoo parlors, beauty salons, and bowling alleys to reopen.  He made that announcement without consulting his own COVID-19 task force.  The co-chair of that task force learned of the governor's announcement through a friends' tweet.

Trump yesterday about Kemp..."He is a very capable man. He knows what he is doing,"
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus  - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum