Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 14 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by Horsefeather Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 pm

We feel like Keaton had it in February. He was knocked on his ass for a week, symptoms match, but odd because nobody else in our house caught it.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Good afternoon,
I hope this email finds all of you healthy and safe. At the IESA, we have truly missed communicating with our member schools and look forward to when we can again gather and celebrate our students. Until then, I wanted to take a moment to update all of you on the status of the IESA Track and Field State Series. As you all know, this situation is extremely fluid. Our Federal, State and Local agencies have put aggressive measures in place to help slow the spread of the virus. Earlier this week, those policies and guidelines continued to evolve as both Federal and State leaders extended the CDC social distancing recommendations through April 30. This will make it extremely difficult for schools and hosts to conduct any sort of regular season and prepare for the Sectional and State meets, not to mention it would not be safe for the student athlete who has not been able to practice. As a result, the IESA Board of Directors has decided that the 2020 IESA Track and Field State Series
will be cancelled.

The health and welfare of our membership, students and fellow citizens is our primary concern in all decisions we are making during these uncharted times. Please know that we are extremely disappointed that our students are not able to participate in this event but look forward to their return to the classroom and a sense of normalcy.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes and stay safe!
Nicole Schaefbauer
Administrator for Track and Field
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Horsefeather wrote:We feel like Keaton had it in February.  He was knocked on his ass for a week, symptoms match, but odd because nobody else in our house caught it.

omg, wife and i had this discussion at least a week ago. feel the same as my asthmatic, diabetic and heart diseased arse didn't get it. wife was out for 2.5 weeks.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:15 pm

what small city newspaper isn't? i wish the sjr had balls enough to do this. i actually think that this is newsworthy with no high school sports going on. not to mention every ncaa/pro sports having zip.

is it because it the mfer's being highlighted? hell, i'd be happy watching wimbledon.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:48 pm

Went back to work last night we're now required to wear masks and gloves in the facility. As soon as they handed me a mask I thought of this seen. NSFW
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:57 am

BirdWatcher wrote:CV deaths are up, but other causes down....
Coronavirus I - Page 14 Weekly10

I have looked at this graph five times and I still don't understand it.

Isn't it saying that all deaths (no matter what the cause) have plummeted in 2020? I don't see a Covid-19 reference anywhere on the graph so I can't tell that these are deaths not including Coronavirus or including the virus.

If all deaths are down by that much....I'm calling miracle.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:07 am

I've tried to find the original source on the first graph, but couldn't.   The trend lines look similar to the below CDC chart.
Apparently, pneumonia deaths are WAY down in 2020.  Or are they just attributing pneumonia deaths as "CV-19" deaths this year?  Sweden, I've heard, is not attributing death to CV-19 unless it is the 'sole' cause.  No co-morbidity.  That's why health stats -- and stats in general -- are not a good way to measure some things... especially between different countries/cultures.

Coronavirus I - Page 14 Fludea10

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:26 am

If you pull up the CSV file shown on the 2nd graph you can re-create the plot showing all deaths in 2020 plummeting. Only 37k in Week 11, 10,000 less than shown on the first chart.

Teetime says it's a miracle!

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:01 pm

A coworker raised an excellent point last night- So, in some places they're going to start putting people in jail for not following stay at home orders and social distancing, but here in Illinois we're letting murderers and drug dealers, etc out eraly.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:A coworker raised an excellent point last night- So, in some places they're going to start putting people in jail for not following stay at home orders and social distancing, but here in Illinois we're letting murderers and drug dealers, etc out eraly.

My thinking was that only non violent offenders were being released.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:A coworker raised an excellent point last night- So, in some places they're going to start putting people in jail for not following stay at home orders and social distancing, but here in Illinois we're letting murderers and drug dealers, etc out eraly.

My thinking was that only non violent offenders were being released.
Idk the offenses of all of the 120+ people we've let out, but I don't believe that is accurate. I could be wrong.

I think we're just dumping as many as possible. Some with more than 2 years left on sentences. Again, that could be inaccurate. I don't usually look up what people are in for.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:18 am

ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:19 pm

On behalf of that portion of this country that still appreciates an honest debate and a gracious admission of complete and utter incorrectness, I accept the good doctor's apology.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:07 am

it seems to me that there are basically two camps in this whole covid19 "thing" - one camp that thinks it's been overhyped and there has been an over-reaction from "the government" and another camp that thinks it's very serious and proper measures have been taken to try to stop the spread.

after several days of consuming various media from various sources, i think both are true.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:17 pm

ging wrote:it seems to me that there are basically two camps in this whole covid19 "thing" - one camp that thinks it's been overhyped and there has been an over-reaction from "the government" and another camp that thinks it's very serious and proper measures have been taken to try to stop the spread.

after several days of consuming various media from various sources, i think both are true.

I'm still not seeing the predicted exponential spread, even in NYC. The growth is certainly logarthmic, but not exponential.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:07 pm

19delta wrote:
I'm still not seeing the predicted exponential spread, even in NYC. The growth is certainly logarthmic, but not exponential.

Exactly. That was the point of all the social distancing measures.

You are welcome.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Teetime wrote:
19delta wrote:

You are welcome.

What about in the areas or states that haven't implemented social distancing? Where's the exponential growth there?

Look... The CDC blew this WAY out of proportion when they came out a month ago and said that over a million people were going to die. That was based on the absolute worst-case scenario...the government doing absolutely nothing. The CDC made these apocalyptic predictions even after the government began taking action. Now, maybe it wasn't the best action, but by simply taking action, the CDC's worst case scenario had already been avoided.

I agree that social distancing has lessened the spread. I think social distancing should continue until the bug is squashed. But if this thing is really as big and bad as the "experts" said it was going to be, the largely voluntary measures that have been implemented would not have made a huge difference.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:00 pm

19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:
19delta wrote:

You are welcome.

What about in the areas or states that haven't implemented social distancing? Where's the exponential growth there?

Those states are some of the least densely populated states in the country.  So, it stands to reason that you won't be seeing the same sort of curves that you would see in places like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, etc. This may explain why some people in the far sparsely populated corners of this state continue to downplay the issue and rail against the hype and the coverage while areas in and around Chicago are ghost towns unless you live near a hospital.

19delta wrote:Look... The CDC blew this WAY out of proportion when they came out a month ago and said that over a million people were going to die. That was based on the absolute worst-case scenario...the government doing absolutely nothing. The CDC made these apocalyptic predictions even after the government began taking action. Now, maybe it wasn't the best action, but by simply taking action, the CDC's worst case scenario had already been avoided.

Thank God the CDC said what it said a month ago when Trump was downplaying everything and saying that we had this thing under control.   Perhaps if Trump didn't have his head alternately in the sand or up his ass on this back then, and if he had taken action to encourage social distancing, etc. sooner, then maybe the CDC would not have felt that it needed to sound a more shrill alarm.

19delta wrote:I agree that social distancing has lessened the spread. I think social distancing should continue until the bug is squashed. But if this thing is really as big and bad as the "experts" said it was going to be, the largely voluntary measures that have been implemented would not have made a huge difference.

And you know this to be true because...?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 pm

This thing is worse than I thought it would be at the beginning, I was wrong about that. I don't know if overreacting or overstating is the word that I would use but I don't agree with the predictions on casualties I've heard the last 10 days or so. They were predicting between 100,000-200,000 deaths if we did everything right which we weren't doing nationwide. Since then I saw a revised estimate of 240,000 thousand dead. I think that by Mid May we're going to be in much better shape than we are now and it will have mostly run it's course for this round. I think that it may return in the late fall though. I think that by time this first round is over the deaths will be closer to 50,000 than the current estimates.
I think the social distancing has really had a positive effect on keeping the casualties down. As far as those Southern states that were late to the game in implementing social distancing like Florida and Georgia, I think it's too early to draw conclusions. I think in the next couple weeks things are going to get a lot worse there, particularly in Georgia. I think the warmer weather in Florida might have a beneficial effect there.
It's not lost on me that this crisis has occurred during an election year. It's definitely had an effect on how many in the media are covering this. Trump is being attacked regularly by the media on how he's handling this and this could cost him the election. Most folks I know that support Trump love the guy. Many Democrats I know don't so much love Biden but just want Trump gone. If Biden wins he will be 78 when he assumes office and some folks think he's already in the early stages of dementia. It's too early at this time to count Trump out.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 pm

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:16 pm

I like Mayor Lightfoot. The lady that did her hair was wearing gloves as well as a mask. Not a bag deal IMO.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:31 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

I like Mayor Lightfoot. The lady that did her hair was wearing gloves as well as a mask.  Not a bag deal IMO.

Oh. Ok. You like Lightfoot. So it's ok. If it was a mayor you didn't like, would you have a problem with it?

This is the same person who went on national TV and scolded people who weren't respecting the shelter-in-place rules. Who scolded businesses that were "not essential" for staying open.

I think every beauty salon in the state of Illinois should be allowed to re-open as long as the employees wear gloves and masks. Sound good to you?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

I like Mayor Lightfoot. The lady that did her hair was wearing gloves as well as a mask.  Not a bag deal IMO.

Oh. Ok. You like Lightfoot. So it's ok. If it was a mayor you didn't like, would you have a problem with it?

This is the same person who went on national TV and scolded people who weren't respecting the shelter-in-place rules. Who scolded businesses that were "not essential" for staying open.

I think every beauty salon in the state of Illinois should be allowed to re-open as long as the employees wear gloves and masks. Sound good to you?

Ok with me as long as it's just the stylist and one customer in the shop as it was in this case.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Ok with me as long as it's just the stylist and one customer in the shop as it was in this case.

I can guarantee that Mayor Lightfoot wouldn't agree with that.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:33 pm

For shit's sake...are they just throwing darts at numbers on a wall? 😆

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/white-house-coronavirus-death-projections/index.html
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next