Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 7 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:14 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:That has nothing to do with the question you asked me, but, have a nice day?

What question that I asked you?

I was having a conversation with OSU about the media and it's role in reporting news and you hopped in with a FOX news talking point.
Because I couldn't have possibly thought all that up in my tiny little brain all by myself could I?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am

wolverine55 wrote:Word on the street is Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds is going to hold a press conference tomorrow and announce a "recommendation" that we close school for four weeks.

The CDC is recommending canceling gatherings of 50 people or more for 8 weeks. That takes us into about mid May. I can't help but wonder if the school children of Illinois are going to be back in school in two weeks as is the current schedule. It's possible that they may end up being out the rest of the school year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:19 pm

I’d say right now, we are 50/50 to return at any point in April. I’ve got a senior baseball / track kid...sad circumstances for those kids.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:14 pm

Iowa announced today that spring sports will also not be held for our four-week shutdown. While this is obviously expected, the few ADs/Admins I've talked to since last night say it's fairly certain they'll just be cancelled altogether.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:05 pm

For 41 years I have been preparing tax returns and about 40% of the time my client is sitting on the other side of my desk as I prepare the return so that he can answer my questions and visa versa. Starting today we are only taking information electronically or dropped in the lobby.

The information that is dropped off gets sprayed with the anti-virus serum I developed in the garage in my spare time. You ought to see those little viruses run for their lives.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:08 pm

I feel bad for all the athletes that are losing a season, but really bad for the seniors. I wonder if this thing is still hanging around in August if football will be in danger.

I can't go a whole season without football.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:33 pm

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:28 pm

19delta wrote:My sister lives in the Bay Area. This sounds ominous.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Bay-Area-must-shelter-in-place-Only-15135014.php
Americans will never give up freedom by force, you gotta scare em into it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/article/Bay-Area-must-shelter-in-place-Only-15135014.php
Americans will never give up freedom by force, you gotta scare em into it.
Interestingly enough, as I hit send on this message, this song started playing. Substitute God for government (as many Americans have) and I think it's a pretty apt song for the current state of things.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:03 pm

It does indeed. I think if it was implemented in all 50 states it would undoubtedly save a lot of lives though. In Italy the citizens pretty much lived their lives normally and did what they wanted with horrific consequences. Over 700 dead in the last two days.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

It does indeed. I think if it was implemented in all 50 states it would undoubtedly save a lot of lives though. In Italy the citizens pretty much lived their lives normally and did what they wanted with horrific consequences. Over 700 dead in the last two days.

Yes, if Italy would have taken the threat seriously they wouldn't be in the state that they are in right now. We are not at that level in the United States and I believe a complete lockdown will be very difficult to carry out nationwide. Sure, in areas where there is a large outbreak, they can limit those citizens from traveling to other areas, which is what I think will happen.

Overall, I believe that the US is handling the situation in the best way we possibly can at this time. Were there some mistakes made by the Trump administration, of course, there were, but would any other president or any of the candidates handled the situation with 100% precision and perfection, no. No matter how Trump handled the situation, the left would complain and find errors in his policies regardless of his decisions. Many complained about him closing the borders both with China and the Far West and then Europe, and if Italy, or any of the countries in Europe had tried this, they would probably be in a better position than they are today.

The politics in this country are simply getting out of hand on both sides of the aisle. I do not believe that either side is really worried about what happens to the American people but worried about getting re-elected and the best way to get re-elected is to look good in this crisis. The right will claim fake news and the left will do all they can to undermine the current administration's decisions, an both sides hope to win an election where they will receive a large salary where they make decisions for themselves and their donors and not the American people.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm

dusty7 wrote:

The politics in this country are simply getting out of hand on both sides of the aisle.  I do not believe that either side is really worried about what happens to the American people but worried about getting re-elected and the best way to get re-elected is to look good in this crisis.  The right will claim fake news and the left will do all they can to undermine the current administration's decisions, an both sides hope to win an election where they will receive a large salary where they make decisions for themselves and their donors and not the American people.    
PREACH!!
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 am

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

The politics in this country are simply getting out of hand on both sides of the aisle.  I do not believe that either side is really worried about what happens to the American people but worried about getting re-elected and the best way to get re-elected is to look good in this crisis.  The right will claim fake news and the left will do all they can to undermine the current administration's decisions, an both sides hope to win an election where they will receive a large salary where they make decisions for themselves and their donors and not the American people.    
PREACH!!

agreed
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Kansas schools have closed for the year. Not sure what their e-learning plan is.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:11 pm

wolverine55 wrote:Kansas schools have closed for the year.  Not sure what their e-learning plan is.
They would do themselves a favor by calling Pritzker.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 pm

dusty7 wrote:Many complained about him closing the borders both with China and the Far West and then Europe, and if Italy, or any of the countries in Europe had tried this, they would probably be in a better position than they are today.

No matter how many times the President says he closed the border with China, that is simply not true. I think it's just going to be one of those many things that he will lie about over and over until people believe him.

There is a right way and a wrong way to respond to a crisis like this. Complaining that the leader of our country is following the wrong path is not political in and of itself. It's trying to raise enough voices to change the approach. I watched the President Trump in his press conference today and it seem to me like he found his sea legs. I was impressed. I hope and pray that his change in approach didn't come too late.

If a politician tries to raise campaign funds by pointing to this crisis....that is out of bounds. I'll bet there are more than a handful of democrats that are guilty of that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:09 am

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Many complained about him closing the borders both with China and the Far West and then Europe, and if Italy, or any of the countries in Europe had tried this, they would probably be in a better position than they are today.

No matter how many times the President says he closed the border with China, that is simply not true. I think it's just going to be one of those many things that he will lie about over and over until people believe him.

There is a right way and a wrong way to respond to a crisis like this. Complaining that the leader of our country is following the wrong path is not political in and of itself. It's trying to raise enough voices to change the approach. I watched the President Trump in his press conference today and it seem to me like he found his sea legs. I was impressed. I hope and pray that his change in approach didn't come too late.

If a politician tries to raise campaign funds by pointing to this crisis....that is out of bounds. I'll bet there are more than a handful of democrats that are guilty of that.

With a situation like this, there is definitely a learning curve.  I believe that’s Trump’s approach and thoughts on the virus really echoed what most Americans thought at the time, not many people considered it much of a threat.   Now in just a matter of weeks, the perception of most Americans has changed and now we are faced with a challenge that nobody saw coming and nobody was prepared for.  

I can’t help but think if our Congress was paying attention to the events that were transpiring in China in December and January rather than focusing on impeaching the President and winning their Primaries, maybe they could have seen this pandemic approaching, assisted the President (not that he would listen), and we could have been better prepared.

At this point it is beyond political and the ramifications on millions of individuals and their livelihood is something our country has not seen in a very long time, if ever.  I really feel for the small businesses (especially locally owned stores, restaurants, salons, bars, etc.) and their employees and a $1,000 check won’t help alleviate the fallout and this loss of $1,000s in income.  As a teacher, I am very lucky to not be impacted by this financially but I am going to do all I can to support the small businesses in my area and I hope most American do the same.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:59 am

dusty7 wrote:
I can’t help but think if our Congress was paying attention to the events that were transpiring in China in December and January rather than focusing on impeaching the President and winning their Primaries, maybe they could have seen this pandemic approaching, assisted the President (not that he would listen), and we could have been better prepared.

if i remember correctly, the vast majority of members of congress (both sides) had reportedly already made up their minds on which way they were going to vote on impeachment. so i doubt that issue took up that much of their collective time to come to a decision.  i think it's more of a case of many people being apathetic about COVID19 because it was "overseas" and not considered by most to be a real threat, until it was.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Airline spend all their profits buying back stocks and giving themselves bonuses. Now are going to get a 50 billion bail out from government.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:41 pm

This old drug used to treat malaria is showing promise in treating the Coronavirus.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-may-help-cure-coronavirus-study/
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:57 pm

OSUBucks wrote:This old drug used to treat malaria is showing promise in treating the Coronavirus.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-may-help-cure-coronavirus-study/
Good.

Can we open the gym now?😀
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:This old drug used to treat malaria is showing promise in treating the Coronavirus.

Good.

The gym that I use is still open. Most of the gyms in town have been closed. I was there yesterday and there weren't many people there, many are staying away. I make liberal use of wipes and am wiping everything down before I touch it and using wipes to clean my hands as well while I'm there. I keep expecting to receive an email that they are closing but to my surprise they aren't closed yet. Other than one trip to the gas station the gym is the only place I've been to lately.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Good.

The gym that I use is still open. Most of the gyms in town have been closed. I was there yesterday and there weren't many people there, many are staying away. I make liberal use of wipes and am wiping everything down before I touch it and using wipes to clean my hands as well while I'm there. I keep expecting to receive an email that they are closing but to my surprise they aren't closed yet. Other than one trip to the gas station the gym is the only place I've been to lately.
I went to Walmart yesterday morning after work. It was surprisingly well stocked. There was only 1 thing on my list that wasn't there. Other than running, working out in my driveway and walking the dog, I haven't went anywhere since. That isn't abnormal on my days off though.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next