Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Shutdown

+9
mc140
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ramblinman
Teetime
BirdWatcher
wolverine55
net
Head Idiot
13 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 5 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I will send you a personal check for $25 is she's the Democratic nominee.

It should be way more than that. I found her in the back woods of Minnesota and thrust her out into the Turk’s Place limelight. Immediately after that she decided to run for President.

She wants me to run the campaign, but I told her it’s tax season. I have returns to prepare.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I think a moderate is a serious threat to Trump, but as moderates I think you and Tee are far underselling how far left a lot of Dems have went in the past 2 years.

You watch too much FOX news
I don't watch any Fox news.

Have you seen the polls on the likes of AOC and Bernie? The younger portion of the Dem party is far, far left.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Have you seen the polls on the likes of AOC and Bernie? The younger portion of the Dem party is far, far left.

I’ll knock some sense into them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Have you seen the polls on the likes of AOC and Bernie? The younger portion of the Dem party is far, far left.

I’ll knock some sense into them.
Good luck with that.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I will send you a personal check for $25 is she's the Democratic nominee.

It should be way more than that. I found her in the back woods of Minnesota and thrust her out into the Turk’s Place limelight. Immediately after that she decided to run for President.

She wants me to run the campaign, but I told her it’s tax season. I have returns to prepare.
Is that how BW is living the life of luxury in retirement on federal land? He brought Trump to us huddled masses?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Government Shutdown - Page 5 9uns3s
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Head Idiot wrote:So, you just admitted to trying to plot a coup?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/politics/andrew-mccabe-obstruction-of-justice/index.html

I don't come to the same conclusion as you. Trump fired his Attorney General Jeff Sessions so that he could impede the Russian investigation. It invokes memories of Nixon ordering his AG to fire the special prosecutor and he resigned rather than follow Nixon's order. It's pretty obvious that Trump is hiding something, just like Nixon was. Trump is a bigger crook than Nixon ever was but Trump hasn't been caught, at least yet. There is less honor in politics now than there was back then. Republicans will defend and obstruct rather than do the right thing. If it was a Democrat in the White House they'd probably do the same thing.
The Russians interfered in our last Presidential election, that is fact. If they did it to elect a President who would bestow favors upon them once he was elected it's the biggest political scandal in American history. I can understand why some think he's not fit to serve. Recently Trump announced that US troops would be withdrawn from Syria because Isis was defeated. Foreign policy experts say that's not the case. However, pulling US troops out was exactly what Putin wanted. Interesting.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm

This occurred before Sessions was fired.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:59 am

OSUBucks wrote: pulling US troops out was exactly what Putin wanted.

... and getting NATO allies to kick in an extra $100 billion dollars to defense (from Russia) is exactly what Putin wanted
... and arming the Ukrainians with heavy weapons is exactly what Putin wanted
... and pressuring Germany to re-think their Russia gas pipeline deal is exactly what Putin wanted
... and turning the US into a net energy exporter is exactly what Putin wanted

Trump talked about getting out the Middle East messes WAY before Russia tapped into the DNC emails. Communications/emails discovered by Mueller even showed the Russians (and 98% of the MSM) didn't give Trump a chance to win. They thought Hillary would win, and Trump would be an outside agitator. Russia much preferred Hillary. Putin could push her around. With Trump, well, who the hell knows?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:06 pm

BirdWatcher wrote: Communications/emails discovered by Mueller even showed the Russians (and 98% of the MSM) didn't give Trump a chance to win.   They thought Hillary would win, and Trump would be an outside agitator.  Russia much preferred Hillary.  Putin could push her around.  With Trump, well, who the hell knows?

First of all, the US will become a net energy exporter in 2020 and that was a given six years ago. Not Trump's doing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-trump-touts-u-033011250.html

Secondly, you have no idea what the Mueller team has or has not discovered. They have been tight-lipped.

Third, Russia hates Hillary's guts. She meddled in Putin's last election and caused him grief. There is no way they preferred her. It will all come out....you will see. They don't need to push Trump around, he is already on their side.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 pm

It's also not a good look when Trump suggests lifting sanctions on 3 companies connected to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, who has ties to Putin.
On several occasions in 2018 Trump floated the idea of the US leaving NATO. Of all the world leaders which one would be most happy should that occur?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Yes, Russians hated Clinton... but gave her millions...
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Mueller's indictment of the 13 Russians is out (https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/read-muellers-full-indictment-against-12-russian-officers-for-election-interference) and in other supporting documents they talked about the Russians not really believing Trump would win. It's not in that link but I'm not at my desktop to pull it up.

Yes, take Trump literally, not seriously, on leaving NATO. History always repeats.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:57 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Yes, Russians hated Clinton... but gave her millions...
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Mueller's indictment of the 13 Russians is out (https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/read-muellers-full-indictment-against-12-russian-officers-for-election-interference) and in other supporting documents they talked about the Russians not really believing Trump would win.  It's not in that link but I'm not at my desktop to pull it up.

Yes, take Trump literally, not seriously, on leaving NATO.  History always repeats.

To your point about Hillary I won't argue with you about the Clinton's being crooked. The Chinese contributed lots of money to Bill's reelection campaign in 1996. A guy named Johnny Chung was the bagman. It was illegal but his party protected him. Good old Joe Biden played defense attorney on the floor of the Senate.
If Trump just talked publicly about leaving NATO I would agree that it was nothing more than rattling other member's cage to induce them to pony up. He made these comments in private meetings also. Don't ever underestimate Trump's ignorance on world affairs. After the chemical attack in Syria he ordered Defense Secretary Mattis to assassinate Assad as if it were only that easy.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 pm

OSUBucks wrote:He made these comments in private meetings also.

That you attended?

or Jim Acosta? Laughing

If the best you got on Trump/Putin is Trump blustering his way into NATO picking up their tab, go for it. I'll see that and raise you Trump policies killed over 400 Russian citizens in Syria. Worst. Puppet. Ever.

Personally, I say bring all the troops home: from Germany and Japan. We defeated those countries 70 years ago. Why are still occupying them? It's nation-state welfare. We defend them. Our military bases provide YUGE economic benefits to those countries. Our Air Force has more drone pilots than airplane pilots... sitting in the AC in Arizona. We have 11 aircraft carriers, more than the rest of the world combined. Future wars will be like the one Russia is waging on us now: cyber, dis-info, electronic.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 pm

Does anyone else click this thread only to get rid of the new post notification?
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:17 am

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/politics/andrew-mccabe-obstruction-of-justice/index.html

You understand that the 25th amendment is in the Constitution, right?

Discussion of its use is not treasonous, it’s a Constitutional duty to those who feel that the chief executive isn’t up to the job.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 am

Teetime wrote:

You understand that the 25th amendment is in the Constitution, right?

Discussion of its use is not treasonous, it’s a Constitutional duty to those who feel that the chief executive isn’t up to the job.
Discussion of it isn't treasonous.  "Recruiting" people to use it because you're butthurt your buddy got fired is a different issue.

Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe says Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein raised high-level discussions at the Justice Department about recruiting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office in the aftermath of former FBI Director James Comey's firing.
And none of the people planning this have anything to do with enacting the 25th Amendment. Replacing the president is entirely on the VP and the Cabinet. This is the FBI planning to get their way.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Discussion of it isn't treasonous.  "Recruiting" people to use it because you're butthurt your buddy got fired is a different issue.

I don't remember McCabe talking about having recruited a single soul to this discussion or the idea. If he did, it's still not treasonous...

Head Idiot wrote:Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe says Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein raised high-level discussions at the Justice Department about recruiting Cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office in the aftermath of former FBI Director James Comey's firing.

And none of the people planning this have anything to do with enacting the 25th Amendment.  Replacing the president is entirely on the VP and the Cabinet.  This is the FBI planning to get their way.

They would most certainly have something to do with enacting the Amendment. As the top staff to the Attorney General of the United States they would have been consulted by the AG just as the other cabinet members would consult with their own top staffers. This was the FBI top staff planning ahead for the possibility that the issue might arise, how likely it would be, it's chances of success...all the things a good staff ought to do in order to be prepared for every possible situation. I think I would want my staff to have thought this through if I had a cabinet position.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:20 am

This headline should read- Democratic Congressman wants Donald Trump Re-Elected in 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/politics/gregory-meeks-bernie-sanders-run-as-democrat-independent-cnntv/index.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 am

Headline on CNN today-

COHEN- TRUMP LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

So has every other president in probably history. Your point?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:05 pm

I thought you hated that "what about-ism" wherein you point at the other guy and say "what about him....look over there at what he did". I remember you said it was the thing about political discussions you hated the most.

Lets stick with our current President. He has made it an hourly occurrence to lie. Not about important stuff all the time, sometimes it's so unimportant that it seems ignorant to lie about it, there is no upside. That's the point.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Nevermind
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content