Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Shutdown

+9
mc140
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ramblinman
Teetime
BirdWatcher
wolverine55
net
Head Idiot
13 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 2 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:38 am

OSUBucks wrote:I don't see him getting a second term. He just isn't that likeable

He was likable in 2016?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:02 am

He wasn’t all that likable in 2016. You are right.

He was running against the worst candidate for President ever nominated by the Democrat party.

Even she got 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump. He was not at all likable. Imagine what a likable Democrat will do to him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 am

Teetime wrote:
Even she got 2.8 million more votes than Mr. Trump. He was not at all likable. Imagine what a likable Democrat will do to him.
Their problem is, they don't have any of those right now either.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:10 am

They have too many.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Beto!
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Teetime wrote:They have too many.
Too many candidates? Yes.

Too many likable ones? No.

Maybe Beto, that's not really my name, but how else can I draw Hispanic votes from an actual Hispanic as an Irish guy in Texas?

I don't know that anyone likes Warren. A good number of what should be Harris' base in African Americans, really dislike her do to her policies as AG in Cali. And I don't know that anyone would call her likeable. Bernie will be 79 when the election comes around. If his wife's embezzlement doesn't come back to bite him by then. Spartacus Booker running would probably ensure a 2nd Trump term.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Really?

I think one of the things that Candidate Trump has proven is that your pussy grabbing past has very little affect on your presidential prospects.

Bernie's old lady? Harris had tough policies as AG? Warren's ancestry? Booker's Spartacus moment? Who cares about any of that when compared to four bankruptcies, three wives, pussy grabbing, and lots of associates lying about Russia?

Unless you think the Republicans are going to run a real Republican with credentials and a clean past, then those little things might matter.

You forgot my two favorite Democrats Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Joe Biden. Everyone loves them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 pm

On that list of HI's I can't say that I would be very enthusiastic about any of those with the possible exception of Beto, who I really don't know much about. I just learned today that Harris had an extra marital affair with Willie Brown when he was still in politics about 20 years ago. Not that would make a big difference with a lot of voters. Bill Clinton had an approval rating of about 60% when he left office despite being Impeached by the GOP and his well known philandering.
Hillary is a two time loser running for President and has high negatives, please stay away.
I don't assume that Trump would even run again in 2020. He'd be 78 by time he left office in 2024. At his present age he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time. I won't be surprised if his son Donald Jr is indicted at some point. I'm pretty confident in saying that he lied to Congress. As I mentioned previously this Russian thing is real and will get worse before it gets better. They are connecting the dots. That and the fact that Trump now has a record to attack make it a heavier lift than when he ran in 2018.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Teetime wrote:Really?

I think one of the things that Candidate Trump has proven is that your pussy grabbing past has very little affect on your presidential prospects.

Bernie's old lady? Harris had tough policies as AG? Warren's ancestry? Booker's Spartacus moment? Who cares about any of that when compared to four bankruptcies, three wives, pussy grabbing, and lots of associates lying about Russia?

Unless you think the Republicans are going to run a real Republican with credentials and a clean past, then those little things might matter.

You forgot my two favorite Democrats Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Joe Biden. Everyone loves them.

Klobuchar is a Democrat that I'm pretty impressed with. She's very smart, pragmatic, no negatives and can be tough when she needs to be. When she was recently reelected to her 3rd term she won by 24% in a state that Trump only lost by 1%.
I am struck by the irony that you find pussy grabbing a negative though, given your reputation with our wives. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Teetime wrote:He wasn’t all that likable in 2016. You are right.

He was running against the worst candidate for President ever nominated by the Democrat party.

That was because he didn't campaign in California and lost it by 4.4 million votes. He will win if the people of Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania are happy with him. That is all that really matters.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Pussy grabbing is not something any of us should aspire to. I'm ashamed of my reputation.

I'm proud of my conquests, but ashamed of the way my behavior might have been a detriment to the family lives of my fellow Turksters.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:27 pm

mc140 wrote:He will win if the people of Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania are happy with him. That is all that really matters.

They are not.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Teetime wrote:
mc140 wrote:He will win if the people of Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania are happy with him. That is all that really matters.

They are not.

Then he wont win.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:28 am

Teetime wrote:Really?

A $10million dollar deal to enrich one's self while the president of a college is a little bit more of a scandal than grabbing someone's pussy. (PS- she has since been found innocent BTW)

Harris' policies are already drawing wide condemnation by several African American leaders.  To the point that she's been labeled a "cop" by many and some have went as far to say that their people are better off voting for Trump.  That's a pretty big problem for a candidate that is going to have to count on the type of support Obama enjoyed from that demographic in order to have a shot of beating Trump.  

I saw this article after typing the above paragraph-  https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/27/kamala-harris-black-women-progressives-support-record

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/democrats-race-black-vote-it-could-decide-everything-n963156

Booker's got a lot more warts than the Spartacus moment.  I doubt he makes it past the first couple primaries.  He doesn't play well anywhere outside the coasts.  He has zero chance of beating Trump.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/cory-booker-battles-an-authenticity-problem

http://www.philly.com/news/cory-booker-presidential-liberals-trust-20190125.html

Right now, Biden is the only one polling to beat Trump and he has a problem within his own party.  Many Dems are revolting against the idea of a Biden run based on the idea he's not "progressive" enough.  He could pull a lot of the swing vote and he'd have a huge campaign ally in Obama, but I don't see him making.  I do think he is the best threat to Trump.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/16/joe-biden-2020-front-runner-problem-217995

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/08/joe-biden-neoliberal-democrat-conservative-lobbying

The Democratic front runner as far as who people would vote for is Michelle Obama.  A woman who has routinely said how much she hated being in the White House and how good it felt to leave.  Biden hasn't exactly been real eager to jump back into it either.  I know polling is terribly inaccurate right now on a race that isn't going to happen for a year and a half, but the fact that they only have one candidate that is polling to beat what the Dems compare to a trained monkey, that's a pretty bad indictment to the candidates they're putting out there right now.

And I've never heard of your Klobuchar.  Maybe that makes me ignorant, but I'd be willing to say that I've never heard of her, I don't know how she's going to be able to put together a nationwide winning strategy in 12 months.

PS- if the Starbucks guy actually gets on the ballot in 50 states, you may as well start planning the Trump 2021 inauguration.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Head Idiot wrote:And another 2 million illegal immigrants will have crossed into the country by then and literally nothing will be passed legislatively in the country for the next 2 years.  

illegals detained according to the CBP

The above stats show that the number of illegal immigrants apprehended in 2017 have decreased five fold from when Bill Clinton was President back in 1996. Why do you think that is? Are there fewer people attempting to cross in general? Or are the people crossing getting so much better at it? Or are our efforts to detain them becoming more ineffective?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:20 pm

I think 2017 was the year of the "invisible wall" that was supposedly put up by the Trump election. I think that perception eroded into 2018 and numbers probably went back up last year- just a prediction.

The biggest dip happens probably in conjunction with the economy falling apart. Whether that has to do with funding, or less people coming across, I don't know the answer to that.

What is really alarming is the numbers from 2007-2017. Somehow roughly 20 million illegal immigrants made it into the country, but arrests of people trying to do so went drastically down. Almost like the people enforcing the border were told not to arrest them.

Hmmmmmm.....
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I think 2017 was the year of the "invisible wall" that was supposedly put up by the Trump election.  I think that perception eroded into 2018 and numbers probably went back up last year- just a prediction.

The biggest dip happens probably in conjunction with the economy falling apart.  Whether that has to do with funding, or less people coming across, I don't know the answer to that.

What is really alarming is the numbers from 2007-2017.  Somehow roughly 20 million illegal immigrants made it into the country, but arrests of people trying to do so went drastically down.  Almost like the people enforcing the border were told not to arrest them.

Hmmmmmm.....

Annual average of illegal immigrants apprehended under the past four US Presidents

Bill Clinton: 1,574,121
George Bush: 1,024,022
Barack Obama: 423,102
Donald Trump: 310,531

Hmmmmm indeed!
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Bill Clinton:  1,574,121 * 8 = 12,592,968
George Bush:  1,024,022 * 8 = 8,192,176
Barack Obama:  423,102 * 8 = 3,384,816
Donald Trump:  310,531 * 2 = 621,062

That's almost 25 million illegals since Reagan gave amnesty in exchange for real border security. Mmmmm.

No wonder Republicans don't trust Democrats to follow thru on Border Security.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 pm

25 million illegal immigrants were apprehended since a promise of real border security sounds like promises made...promises kept.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/us/illegal-immigrants-population-study.html

The number of undocumented immigrants in the US has dropped since 2007.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Head Idiot wrote:A $10million dollar deal to enrich one's self while the president of a college is a little bit more of a scandal than grabbing someone's pussy. (PS- she has since been found innocent BTW)

Right now, Biden is the only one polling to beat Trump and he has a problem within his own party.  Many Dems are revolting against the idea of a Biden run based on the idea he's not "progressive" enough.  He could pull a lot of the swing vote and he'd have a huge campaign ally in Obama, but I don't see him making.  I do think he is the best threat to Trump.

And I've never heard of your Klobuchar.  Maybe that makes me ignorant, but I'd be willing to say that I've never heard of her, I don't know how she's going to be able to put together a nationwide winning strategy in 12 months.

PS- if the Starbucks guy actually gets on the ballot in 50 states, you may as well start planning the Trump 2021 inauguration.

Wasn’t Mr. Trump the President of Trump Umiversity that ripped off people for way way more than 10 million dollars to enrich himself? He wasn’t acquitted BTW. It wasn’t one pussy he grabbed....it was about 17.

With Biden as the nominee the entire party would rally around him, Democrats are good at that.

You need to read up on Klobuchar. She has been elected to three terms as Senator and is far better known than Barack Obama was at this exact time prior to the 2008 campaign. If she decides to make a run she will be a force. Plus, she is Minnesota nice.

If the Starbucks guy were running he would have said so on his 60 minutes segment Sunday. Schultz said he is never the smartest guy in the room and in a tweet this morning Mr. Trump said “we already have that”. I think he meant we already have a president who is never the smartest guy in the room. I agree.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:19 am

You must not recall Obama's 2004 DNC speech where he was basically declared the candidate for 2008.

I think the far left of your party isn't going to rally around anyone that isn't far enough left. They're still hurt, and rightfully so by the \"f\"ing given to them and Bernie by the party and Hillary.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 am

Little stat I found interesting- Nancy Pelosi's approval rating is currently 10-15 points lower than Trump's and her negative rating is 1% lower. Both her and the Democratic party's negative numbers grew more during the shutdown than Trump's and the Republicans.

I bet those numbers were not seen on CNN's bean flicking.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:39 am

And let's be clear, there's been a lot of pussy grabbing on both sides of the aisle. Trump must got caught saying on audio.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum