Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not this shit again......

+26
morrisfan
general maximus
cameraman
wilky
Garrett
25sparky
newcom
grundy
ramblinman
guerin2.0
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ging
net
Doctor D
Wally Gator
Big E
dusty7
Teetime
SIFBCoach7
Bighitter11
OldTitan
wolverine55
Head Idiot
4a(6afornet)north
30 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Not this shit again...... - Page 4 Empty Re: Not this shit again......

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:17 pm

ging wrote:Currently, Sterling public schools has 780 middle school students (grades 6 - 8 ). That's 260 per class. So, that's roughly 1040 future high school students. Even with an unusually large class added to the mix and not losing any students, that's only 1100. Wondering where, how, and why the Morris principal got her information.

Maybe the sameplace you got the information Principal was a woman......he's a guy....lol

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:38 pm

My bad. Apologies to Mr. Hussey.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:08 pm

just giving you a hard time ging.....who's to say the reporter got i right anyway? You know with all the fake news and whatever.....I've seen 2 stories about this. So is Geneseo staying in NIB or joining others?

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:06 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:just giving you a hard time ging.....who's to say the reporter got i right anyway? You know with all the fake news and whatever.....I've seen 2 stories about this. So is Geneseo staying in NIB or joining others?

geneseo is joining the others
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 am

So Geneseo vs Sterling is Over? Or could they schedule a Non Conf Game? That would suck!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by grundy Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 pm

That would seem very strange to not play each other, though its been a lot more enjoyable for Sterling lately. I'm kind of surprised that Sterling has not been included in this move. At some point this new arrangement needs an even number of teams to make the scheduling work. With their long history, I guess I figured the old ncic teams would stay together.

grundy
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 pm

grundy wrote:With their long history, I guess I figured the old ncic teams would stay together.

me too. but as I understand it, sterling has not received an invitation to the new league.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 pm

My guess is the new group courts Streator first.

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by grundy Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Just for discussion's sake, what makes Streator a more attractive candidate for this new/rebuilt conference than Sterling?

grundy
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:56 pm

My guess...location is the biggest factor...future enrollment numbers is secondary.

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Streator was sent an invitation 2 months ago.
Garrett
Garrett
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:13 pm

25sparky wrote:My guess...location is the biggest factor...future enrollment numbers is secondary.

That leaves me scratching my head about Geneseo then if it's location. As far as future enrollment,I really dont see any major spikes coming in the near future for any of the schools involved.Morris has some chance with "intermodal warehouse land" sprouts all around them,but I have not read anything about any developers chomping at the bit to build new housing developments any where in the area.Many empty houses sitting in Minooka from last boom/bust.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:13 pm

25sparky wrote:My guess...location is the biggest factor...future enrollment numbers is secondary.

whose future enrollment numbers do you mean?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:

That leaves me scratching my head about Geneseo then if it's location. As far as future enrollment,I really dont see any major spikes coming in the near future for any of the schools involved.Morris has some chance with "intermodal warehouse land" sprouts all around them,but I have not read anything about any developers chomping at the bit to build new housing developments any where in the area.Many empty houses sitting in Minooka from last boom/bust.

I think everyone is scratching their heads somewhat. This is only my guess/opinion...the new I8 would prefer Streator over Geneseo or Sterling...Streator is the most desirable of the three, stable at 950 +- enrollment, and within a hour of all teams, but they have already accepted an invite to the old I8...the new I8 still extends an invite(knowing that Streator will more than likely stay in the old I8). Geneseo is alternate #2...its location on I80 makes it a long trip but mostly interstate....its 820+- enrollment looks to stay stable around this number. Sterling is option #3...it's location is the least accessible of the three...its enrollment of 1000+- seems stable and as Ging said could see a small uptick. I do not know why Sterling has not received an invite to the new I8 nor why the new I8 would be content with 7 teams rather than 8...but IMO Sterling and Geneseo should both just hold on and try and go to the Western Big 6.

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Sterling has cooties.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grundy Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 pm

It would seem odd to me that Streator would choose to go back to a conference, that for the most part, is made up of teams from a conference they left just a few years ago.

grundy
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:12 pm

People are overlooking a portion of the quote from the Morris Principal..."they thought they were better served remaining in that conference." Pretty clear that Sterling was in the conversation at one point. Perhaps somebody should ask the Sterling admins what's going on. As for the WB6? Ask them about that too.
Garrett
Garrett
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:56 am

Garrett wrote:People are overlooking a portion of the quote from the Morris Principal..."they thought they were better served remaining in that conference."

I know of nobody from shs who feels this way.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:18 am

Garrett wrote:People are overlooking a portion of the quote from the Morris Principal..."they thought they were better served remaining in that conference." Pretty clear that Sterling was in the conversation at one point. Perhaps somebody should ask the Sterling admins what's going on. As for the WB6? Ask them about that too.

There are 4 or 5 articles written on this subject within a few days of each other...and all have differing facts...most do not even include Geneseo in the new I8 conference. I am not sure anyone knows till further meetings what will eventually take place. It seems ging has the SHS input...Garrett why don't you get the WB6 input for us.

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:35 am

this. I have read every article I have come across on the matter and I haven't a clue who is doing what, when. I am very confused by the whole ordeal further complicated by laziness to try and piece it all together.

the one week I read two articles that directly contradicted each other. seems very possible there is very few people who know exactly what is going on.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:52 pm

grundy wrote:It would seem odd to me that Streator would choose to go back to a conference, that for the most part, is made up of teams from a conference they left just a few years ago.
I don't believe Streator will go with the new I8...they will continue on in the old I8 group with Manteno, CC, Wilmington, etc.

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Sterling was sent a letter but could not read it. LMAO Cool Laughing Razz cheers lol!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:16 pm

newcom wrote:Sterling was sent a letter but could not read it. LMAO Cool Laughing Razz cheers lol!

now that there is funny
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by cameraman Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm

No guarantees, but don't be surprised to see Sterling become part of the new conference.

cameraman
Bee-otch

http://www.monjarostudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:26 am

By David Adam Herald-Whig
Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 8:10 am
QUINCY -- It might be the second-most talked-about rumor in Quincy, ranking only behind the "Is Quincy getting a Red Lobster?" question.

But Quincy sports fans hoping for the addition of Geneseo and Quincy Sally N D to the Western Big Six Conference will be disappointed again.

Rumors of such an expansion were sparked again late last month when Morris, LaSalle-Peru, Ottawa and Rochelle announced they were set to leave the Northern Illinois Big 12 to form a league with Sandwich and Plano, members of the Interstate Eight Conference. The schools would play in all sports.

Each of the four schools sent a letter to NIB12 president Peter Goff stating their intentions to leave after the end of the 2018-19 school year.

It turns out that Geneseo, another NIB12 member, also plans to leave the league, but it won't join the Western Big Six.

Geneseo will be joining Morris, LaSalle-Peru, Ottawa and Rochelle in the new league. It just didn't send a letter to Goff at the same time as the other four schools.

"I can tell you unequivocally that we're not joining the Western Big Six," Geneseo athletic director Joe Nichols said with a laugh.

Nichols says he has heard rumors about Geneseo, which has an enrollment of 812, joining the Western Big Six for many years. The WB6 has five public school teams with enrollments ranging from 1,292 to 2,040, plus Rock Island Alleman, a private school with 430 students.

"Sometimes, we're joining with QND, and other times, we're joining with Sterling," he said of the rumors he's heard.

The NIB12 will be left DeKalb, Sycamore, Kaneland, Yorkville and Sterling.

Coal City, Manteno, Reed-Custer, Wilmington, Herscher, Lisle, Streator and Peotone announced in October it was leaving the Interstate Eight to form its own conference, leaving Plano, Sandwich and Westmont out of the mix.

Quincy Sally N D principal Mark McDowell said the school would be willing to meet with WB6 officials to talk about possible expansion if a pitch was made by the league, which was formed in 1969.

"If it's within the best interest of Quincy Sally N D and our families and our student-athletes, we could certainly entertain most things," he said. "But I wouldn't say that right now, by any means, that it's a priority for us or that it's something we're actively seeking."

Bill Connell, athletic director at Quincy Sally N D, says he routinely speaks with officials at several high schools.

"Am I interested in talking to anybody about the Western Big Six? Tell me where to go and where to take a seat," he said. "There's always chats. Some are on the record, some are off the record.

"We are regularly invited to go to things, and Macomb and West Hancock (the other members of the West Central Conference that QND belongs to) have been invited to things that we haven't been invited to. We just want to come up with nine games with people who we can compete with and with the least amount of travel."

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum