Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not this shit again......

+26
morrisfan
general maximus
cameraman
wilky
Garrett
25sparky
newcom
grundy
ramblinman
guerin2.0
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ging
net
Doctor D
Wally Gator
Big E
dusty7
Teetime
SIFBCoach7
Bighitter11
OldTitan
wolverine55
Head Idiot
4a(6afornet)north
30 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Not this shit again...... Empty Not this shit again......

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:09 am

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Not this shit again...... Empty Re: Not this shit again......

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 am

It's never going to stop until we go to everyone gets in the post season or go to IHSA assigned regions.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:14 am

Head Idiot wrote:It's never going to stop until we go to everyone gets in the post season or go to IHSA assigned regions.

How soon before we see teams wanting to be in certain conferences depending on the sport?............Don't laugh

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:21 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:It's never going to stop until we go to everyone gets in the post season or go to IHSA assigned regions.

How soon before we see teams wanting to be in certain conferences depending on the sport?............Don't laugh
I think it already happens. There's a few schools in one conference for football, but a different one for everything else.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:55 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:

That's already pretty common in my area. Football conferences are totally unique compared to the conferences in other sports, although I don't know if there is even a WCC football conference anymore...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 am

Football is king when it comes to choosing a conference. It's the only sport that your entry into the post season depends on your regular season record. And, one way you can guarantee entry is by winning a 6+ team conference.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 am

Im pretty sure there is mutual interest between Reed Custer and the Sangamon Valley Conference. Id take them in a heart beat especially losing South Newton after next year and heck Iroquois West might not have the numbers for a team.

Going by the fall housing report numbers Seneca is going from just under 450 all the way to barely above 300 in the next 5 years. That cant be good for a program that I think struggled to have 40 kids in it last year. Can only imagine how many kids they would have if they lost 150 kids total. Not a good thing when your playing in the I8.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 am

Districts.

Just get it over with, IHSA.
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:25 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Districts.

I was once so against this.

My stance has changed alot in 5 years.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:45 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Districts.

I was once so against this.

My stance has changed alot in 5 years.
I think everyone's against it at first.

Then, you're left scrambling for 1-3 games in May and it makes a lot more sense. I used to hate it, but after having to throw together schedules for 3 straight years, it's the only thing that will stop this merry go round.

I would wager that if you eliminated football issues from conferences, you'd have less than 10 schools shift conferences a year.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 am

Yeah we have a scheduling issue next year with South Newton leaving good luck finding a Week 5 game. Hell we just finally got us a week 1 game for next year Yesterday. Luckily after passing on Montini, Geneva, TF South among many big others we found someone in our range
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:09 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Yeah we have a scheduling issue next year with South Newton leaving good luck finding a Week 5 game.  Hell we just finally got us a week 1 game for next year Yesterday.  Luckily after passing on Montini, Geneva, TF South among many big others we found someone in our range
Couple years ago our Week 9 options were Maroa, St. Joe or Tolono. I think at one point we had saw you guys were open for one of our holes, but our super kibosh-ed that travel. So, we stayed close to home and enrollment to get our ass kicked for two years.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:13 am

I get that schools don't like to be "told" who they are going to play, but there aren't a ton of true rivalries left anymore. The exception might be deep south schools in the SIRR (at least at <4A level). Heck, even the SJO/Unity rivalry has softened in the last decade. When I was in HS, there were fights between the XC teams during the FB game over stolen pirate flags. It's just not as intense anymore. With social media, kids from opposing schools are all "friends" and instagram/Twitter followers.

Mainly, from my neck of the woods, when this proposal first came about, there was a lot of griping from SE IL 3A schools who didn't want to be in a district with SJO, Unity, Monticello, etc when they were currently playing LIC schools and going 8-1. In my time, we never shied away from scheduling anyone, so I don't get that mindset of "scheduling" your way into the playoffs. You either belong there, or you get exposed. The district format would take most of the autonomy from schools scheduling which they won't like, but it would create stability and eliminate conference jumping. You can still have conferences, but you might not have them for football unless they all fit into your geographic district.
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:15 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:I get that schools don't like to be "told" who they are going to play, but there aren't a ton of true rivalries left anymore.  The exception might be deep south schools in the SIRR (at least at <4A level).  Heck, even the SJO/Unity rivalry has softened in the last decade.  When I was in HS, there were fights between the XC teams during the FB game over stolen pirate flags.  It's just not as intense anymore.  With social media, kids from opposing schools are all "friends" and instagram/Twitter followers.  

Mainly, from my neck of the woods, when this proposal first came about, there was a lot of griping from SE IL 3A schools who didn't want to be in a district with SJO, Unity, Monticello, etc when they were currently playing LIC schools and going 8-1.  In my time, we never shied away from scheduling anyone, so I don't get that mindset of "scheduling" your way into the playoffs.  You either belong there, or you get exposed.  The district format would take most of the autonomy from schools scheduling which they won't like, but it would create stability and eliminate conference jumping.  You can still have conferences, but you might not have them for football unless they all fit into your geographic district.  
The bolded is 100% true and absolutely confusing to me.

I couldn't have told you a single kid on Maroa's football team when I was in HS. I was barely aware they had football. And they were 8 miles away from our school.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:34 am

HB, I have forgotten, where did you go to high school?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am

Teetime wrote:HB, I have forgotten, where did you go to high school?
Clinton
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:53 pm

All of these teams are complaining about how hard it is for them to be successful in the I-8...but only in football.

RC has a State Championship in Baseball, one of the best programs in Basketball, and fairly solid in girls sports.  I expect them to be one of the better programs in the conference football wise in the near future.

Seneca is getting smaller and smaller every year and they have not had much success in anything in recent years so they do have a case.

Westmont isn't a great fit as is.  

I am not suprised by Seneca and Westmont wanting out but Reed-Custer is a big suprise.  Wilmington is the 2nd smallest and we have success in football and wrestling but nothing else.  Even if we wanted to leave, nobody would let us in simply because of football.

It would be a bad move for RC to get out of the conference.  
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:04 pm

Football trumps all and thats why all the shuffling happens. RC has been good in Basketball of late but were average at best for a really long time.

Seneca used to be pretty good basketball program with a title in 06. Enrollment of 503 then.

Took Wilmington awhile to get things rolling but once they did they have kept in going for almost 2 decades now. I think the biggest things are there football coaches coach the other sports too and they are all working together instead of working against each other.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm another one who used to be opposed to districts, but see it as the only viable option to avoid these kind of shifts. If you have an odd number of teams in your conference, scheduling becomes a chore.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:28 pm

What did the page say? I see it is a Morris radio station...but they have since taken it down
Big E
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Big E wrote:What did the page say?  I see it is a Morris radio station...but they have since taken it down

It was Talk of the Interstate 8 Conference. Talk of Reed Custer, Seneca and Westmont possibly leaving. Also talk of Conference looking to add more schools.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
Going by the fall housing report numbers Seneca is going from just under 450 all the way to barely above 300 in the next 5 years.  That cant be good for a program that I think struggled to have 40 kids in it last year.  Can only imagine how many kids they would have if they lost 150 kids total.  Not a good thing when your playing in the I8.

Are most of the schools in that area experiencing population loss like this?
Morris has 870 kids
When they won a state title in 2005 they had over 1,000.

I think population changes drive a lot of these conference shifts.

I would think Morris is a school shopping around for a new conference too. Their conference only had 5 members and they have 350 fewer kids than any other school in the NIB12E.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Gator Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Geneseo had stable enrollment right around 1,000 for many years which climbed/peaked to around 1,100+ and then steadily fell to a low of 800 a few years back. Not sure what the future enrollment projection is, but I'm guessing steady in the area of 800-850 territory.

Would be interesting to see/know the actual objective time-series data on the total number of schools that have changed or jumped conferences every year since say 1991.....and what trend(s) if any this data shows. And to also see/know the true official reason(s) why all these schools changed/jumped conferences. I'm skeptical that the #1 true leading primary reason or root cause is due to wanting to make the football playoffs (or more). I'm guessing changing enrollment, changing demographics, distance/location/travel, fiscal issues, compatibility and general competitive balance or situational trends in more than 1 sport within a conference are all up there as the leading or top reasons to change, jump, or realign conferences.
Wally Gator
Wally Gator
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:05 am

OldTitan wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Going by the fall housing report numbers Seneca is going from just under 450 all the way to barely above 300 in the next 5 years.  That cant be good for a program that I think struggled to have 40 kids in it last year.  Can only imagine how many kids they would have if they lost 150 kids total.  Not a good thing when your playing in the I8.

Are most of the schools in that area experiencing population loss like this?
Morris has 870 kids
When they won a state title in 2005 they had over 1,000.

I think population changes drive a lot of these conference shifts.

I would think Morris is a school shopping around for a new conference too. Their conference only had 5 members and they have 350 fewer kids than any other school in the NIB12E.

Morris as long as I can remember always hovers around 900-1000 students....I'd call it stagnant instead of dropping enrollment.Even when I was in school back in the 70's Morris was 800+ during those years. The Morris community took the controlled approach during the housing/building boom and didn't fall for the developers wanting to come in and throw up subdivisions left and right.It looks like it was a good approach to take looking back.

FWIW.....I know it was in the past,but When Morris was in SPC they were the smallest and most schools in conference were 2 to 3 times the size of Morris....as far as travel it was much easier to go to Oswego's,Plainfields or Minooka.When the final Plainfield school opened Morris was odd man out.

It would not surprise me to see Morris joining some version of the Interstate 8....or maybe some of the I 8 joining the current version of the NIBXII(-2).Have heard rumors about Plano and Sandwich for a few years now.

P

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:23 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
Big E wrote:What did the page say?  I see it is a Morris radio station...but they have since taken it down

It was Talk of the Interstate 8 Conference.  Talk of Reed Custer, Seneca and Westmont possibly leaving.  Also talk of Conference looking to add more schools.

LOL.....must be trying to keep the worst kept secret a secret. Or somebody didn't want to go on record with comments.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum