Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politics - do not open if you are tired of it

+11
tincup1215
Huck
Doctor D
net
ramblinman
dusty7
OSUBucks
lefty120
BirdWatcher
Teetime
tps
15 posters

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Politics - do not open if you are tired of it - Page 18 Empty Re: Politics - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:32 pm

dusty7 wrote:  And how Justice Breyer is going to retire so now we have to deal with all of the political bullshit we dealt with when Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett but just coming from the other side.  In the end, it is all pointless bickering and the problems we really have will just get worse.  

sleepy joe better pick someone that manchin and sinema like.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Politics - do not open if you are tired of it - Page 18 Empty Re: Politics - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:35 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Yesterday I saw Republican Nikki Haley calling Biden weak and soft. Now TPS is calling him a warmonger. One thing I know is that the political right will find something to attack him on every day, real or imagined. Remember that 7 million more Americans voted for Biden than Trump. Many weren’t really enthusiastic about Biden but just didn’t want Trump.

virtue signaling from a person who, day after day, bashed trump and repeated fake news. Today, you can't defend your guy.

At least he isn’t a criminal as far as I know. Trump is in fact a criminal.

i could not find a link showing any convictions. just more fake news.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:17 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Yesterday I saw Republican Nikki Haley calling Biden weak and soft. Now TPS is calling him a warmonger. One thing I know is that the political right will find something to attack him on every day, real or imagined. Remember that 7 million more Americans voted for Biden than Trump. Many weren’t really enthusiastic about Biden but just didn’t want Trump.

virtue signaling from a person who, day after day, bashed trump and repeated fake news. Today, you can't defend your guy.

i could not find a link showing any convictions.  just more fake news.

You need to do your homework. Trump has racked up a couple million in legal fees since leaving office. Last I heard he’s trying to get the RNC to pay for it. He’s a criminal just hasn’t been convicted yet. The wheels of Justice move slowly, especially when the criminal has an army of lawyers. Fake news? Gee who did you learn that from?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:41 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:

He’s a criminal just hasn’t been convicted yet.  

your TDS is showing.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 pm

Hate to break the news to you all, they are all criminals. Just depends on who they know to help them hide their crimes and how much money they have to pay people off.

The worst part is those we elected are you even the one running the show, it's their donors.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:42 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:

your TDS is showing.

You are upholding your reputation as the dumbest poster on the board. Give us another another go Bran-Don. That’s about all you got.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:43 pm

tps wrote:
dusty7 wrote:  And how Justice Breyer is going to retire so now we have to deal with all of the political bullshit we dealt with when Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett but just coming from the other side.  In the end, it is all pointless bickering and the problems we really have will just get worse.  

sleepy joe better pick someone that manchin and sinema like.

Don’t be surprised if Republicans Murkowski and Collins vote for Biden’s appointee.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:

your TDS is showing.

You are upholding your reputation as the dumbest poster on the board. Give us another another go Bran-Don. That’s about all you got.

You resort to name-calling and still won't/ can't defend your guy.

Let's go bran-don

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:36 pm

I’m not a Democrat though I often disagree with you. I’m Independent, most Independents would disagree with your constant pro Trump opinions too. It would be nice if you occasionally offered some intelligent discourse.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I’m not a Democrat though I often disagree with you. I’m Independent, most Independents would disagree with your constant pro Trump opinions too. It would be nice if you occasionally offered some intelligent discourse.

Insulting me won't change my opinion and I couldn't care less what you think would be nice.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:58 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I’m not a Democrat though I often disagree with you. I’m Independent, most Independents would disagree with your constant pro Trump opinions too. It would be nice if you occasionally offered some intelligent discourse.

Insulting me won't change my opinion and I couldn't care less what you think would be nice.

Nor do I care that you think that.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:02 pm

Somebody’s T P S is showing.

Dusty nailed it a few post back. The inability to negotiate and find common ground is a big problem (THE ONLY problem) and folks like Mr. TPS and their one size fits all ideas are not the solution.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:37 pm

wut
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1486497497476472832
wow, this guy is running our country?

let's go bran-don

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:22 pm

tps wrote:wut

let's go bran-don

Not sure what you are seeing in this clip that set you off. You might check to see if your Biden trigger is properly adjusted.

In this clip he recounts his trip to Michigan and an electric vehicle factory where he was able to drive a Hummer. He says how much he enjoyed that and how the traveling press crew couldn't believe how he enjoyed it. It's a little hard to hear because he has a mask on but I'm hard of hearing and I understood it.

Get a grip.

It wasn't the kind of Hummer that Bill Clinton used to enjoy...if that's what you thought.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:20 pm

With social media people can nitpick every little thing a politician says and edit the video so it is out of context. Joe is simply not a very articulate individual and it does make him look really bad at times. GW Bush wasn't very articulate but thought he was, and lead to a flurry of new words in our vocabulary. Honestly, I would like my president to be a good speaker in public, like Barack, Clinton, have some wit and humor like GW Bush and Reagan, the honor and understanding of the position like GHW Bush. But what is really boils down to is the ability of the President to get things done to move our country forward.

We someone who can act like a uniter and a leader, someone who can unite Congress and lead the country in the right direction. Look at many of the current members of Congress today, and they were early in their careers during the years of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, this is when I believe we were moving in the right direction and quickly solving the most important problems at that time. They were younger, willing to talk, and not as influenced by special interests, and followed the lead of the president. But in those 30+ years, these members of Congress have stabbed each other in the back, lost trust in one another, and like an old married couple, they refuse to compromise, even if the compromise is what is best for our country. As I said earlier, it is not about beating COVID, Inflation, Russia, China, Crime, Violence, Climate Change, or any other issue we have in this country. It is 100% about beating the people who are sitting on the other side of the aisle. The issues just give them a reason to argue, just like grandma and grandpa.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:43 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:wut

let's go bran-don

Not sure what you are seeing in this clip that set you off. You might check to see if your Biden trigger is properly adjusted.

In this clip he recounts his trip to Michigan and an electric vehicle factory where he was able to drive a Hummer. He says how much he enjoyed that and how the traveling press crew couldn't believe how he enjoyed it. It's a little hard to hear because he has a mask on but I'm hard of hearing and I understood it.

Get a grip.

It wasn't the kind of Hummer that Bill Clinton used to enjoy...if that's what you thought.

I only words I heard were Dearborn and hummer.

Get a grip? That's rich coming from you.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:47 pm

Good post Dusty and it’s pretty accurate. When Reagan was President he would invite the Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill, a Democrat to come up to the White House. They would have a drink or two and discuss the issues. Reagan would throw O’Neill a bone or two in exchange for Democrat votes on things he desired. They actually accomplished a few things. I think when Clinton was President things started going South. Clinton had his tawdry little affair with the Lewinsky woman and Republicans Impeached him over it because he lied about it. The two parties have been at each other’s throats ever since.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:51 pm

term limits are a must.

members of congress and their families should have their assets put in blind trusts.

More ex-military would be an improvement over the scumbag career politicians we have today. Most don't want glory and fame, they simply want their country to succeed and no bullshit. They actually lived the oaths they took as servicemen. Guys like anthony weiner, former illinois governors, larry craig, mark foley, gary hart, kwame kilpatrick, etc, etc. Most ex-military guys are not politicians and actually have honor. However they are probably too smart to jump into the cesspool of DC. They saw firsthand and lived the political bullshit in iraq, afghanistan, etc.

Many in congress today are attorneys. I consider most attorneys parasitic necessary evils.

our country is in a bad place. career politicians will not lead us out of it.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:48 pm

The US economy is growing at the fastest rate since Reagan was President. I guess it’s not all bad. George W Bush took us to war in both Afghanistan and Iraq. I can understand why we went after Al Queda in Afghanistan after 9/11. Iraq was a colossal mistake.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The US economy is growing at the fastest rate since Reagan was President. I guess it’s not all bad. George W Bush took us to war in both Afghanistan and Iraq.  I can understand why we went after Al Queda in Afghanistan after 9/11. Iraq was a colossal mistake.

Yeah but it's not all that great either.

Yes US economy is growing but remember, Biden inherited a pretty terrible economy that was already pointing up. Just like Trump reaping the benefits of Obama policies that helped improve the economy in 2015 and 2016. So like Trump, Biden's policies have done little to improve the economy, it's the fact we are coming out of the decreases due to COVID.

The economy may be going up but inflation ruins everything about the progress that has been made. Oil prices will continue to increase until the Ukraine issue is settled.

Stock market lost a lot this week and some are saying that is just the beginning due to the Feds plan to raise rates to slow down inflation, a move too late in my opinion.

People may be making more money but everything is costing more due to inflation. Have you seen the future prices for natural gas? 1.5 to 2x higher this year and expected to rise to almost 3x next year.

The economy may be going up but take away the distortion of inflation and the increase may not be so positive.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:00 pm

While Biden may not be responsible for all the good news he certainly isn’t responsible for all the bad news either. We wouldn’t be experiencing all this inflation if Covid had never happened, that is fact. Biden is taking the heat for that which is expected, that’s how it works.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:21 pm

There is a lot of shit we wouldn't be experiencing if COVID didn't hit. Hell, Trump would probably still be President if COVID didn't happen.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:26 pm

Almost like sleepy joe is planning something that ukraine is not aware of...

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1486848578370912260

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:44 pm

TPS, did you serve in the military?

I’m just curious about your response about having more military types in office.

If the Bears new GM was a political position, the opposite side would be already blaming him for not having a first round draft pick this year.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:34 am

dusty7 wrote:There is a lot of shit we wouldn't be experiencing if COVID didn't hit.  Hell, Trump would probably still be President if COVID didn't happen.

Yep, before Covid hit his chances of a 2nd term looked fairly good, though not a certainty. When hit with the Pandemic he was found to be lacking. Having those regularly scheduled press gatherings hurt him. Suggesting bleach as a possible way to kill Covid didn’t garner him any votes. Lol
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next