Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politics - do not open if you are tired of it

+11
tincup1215
Huck
Doctor D
net
ramblinman
dusty7
OSUBucks
lefty120
BirdWatcher
Teetime
tps
15 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Politics - do not open if you are tired of it - Page 17 Empty Re: Politics - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Almost immediately after it ended the White House went on damage control.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/politics/biden-election-legitimate/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/20/kamala-harris-ukraine-joe-biden-russia

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/politics/fact-check-biden-false-claims-first-year-2021/index.html

His poll ratings are still dropping and yesterday did not help him improve it.  His presser along with the voting bill being defeated, it was not a good day for the Democratic platform.

Everything that happened yesterday was totally expected. The last couple days have been bad for Trump too.

Good, they should lock him up along with the numerous other politicians that have cheated, stolen, colluded, and participated in other questionable activities for only their benefit and not the people of the United States.

A president, just yesterday, stated that he may not accept the midterm election results if the voter bill does not pass. That statement may incite some of the far left attempt and do the same thing that happened on January 6. We heard it over and over again with Trump, "the President's words mean something." when Trump spotted off and said things that were wrong or out of touch. Biden had several examples of this yesterday stating outright wrong information and that means something. Is it a slip of the tongue? Does he really not know? Is he misconstruing the truth to benefit the party? Who knows? But it definitely tells me something about his administration when the better part of their day today is going out on damage control to control the message that they want the people to hear.

More of these types of pressers need to happen with Biden. Some pundits say that it helps him deliver his message and his appeal to the people and others say it shows his incompetence for leading our country. I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle but I do not think he has done a great job of being the president. Some polls have him as low as 33% (if you believe those) but the American people largely do not think he has done a good job.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Politics - do not open if you are tired of it - Page 17 Empty Re: Politics - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:28 pm

You could count me among those who aren’t impressed by the job him and his administration have done so far. The 33% approval probably isn’t too far off. He may be a little higher than that but I’ll bet he isn’t above 40%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:17 pm

Yeah, it's pretty bad when the Dems control President, House, and Senate and still can't get their agenda passed.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:24 pm

dusty7 wrote:Yeah, it's pretty bad when the Dems control President, House, and Senate and still can't get their agenda passed.

Not really, especially because their Senate majority is razor thin, they can’t afford to lose a single vote.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Yeah, it's pretty bad when the Dems control President, House, and Senate and still can't get their agenda passed.

Not really, especially because their Senate majority is razor thin, they can’t afford to lose a single vote.

Then there are two schools of thought...
1. The Democratic Party is not united on Biden's agenda
2. Some Democratic members stay true to themselves and their constituents and don't vote based on party lines

I really hope for the latter but it's probably the former.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:07 pm

The current US Senate consists of 50 Republicans, 48 Democrats and 2 Independents. The 2 Independents caucus with the Democrats basically making it 50/50. In the event of a tie vote the Vice President Kamala Harris is the tiebreaker. The problem the Democrats have is the two Senators Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin. Sinema is from Arizona, typically a red state and Manchin is from Virginia a swing state. If either of them swing left of center on their votes they probably don’t get re-elected.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The current US Senate consists of 50 Republicans, 48 Democrats and 2 Independents. The 2 Independents caucus with the Democrats basically making it 50/50. In the event of a tie vote the Vice President Kamala Harris is the tiebreaker. The problem the Democrats have is the two Senators Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin. Sinema is from Arizona, typically a red state and Manchin is from Virginia a swing state. If either of them swing left of center on their votes they probably don’t get re-elected.

So you are saying it is more #2?

Elected officials need to do what they believe their constituents want, and these two look to be doing that. I would imagine the Democratic Party is already fighting in their districts to make sure they don't get reelected.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:59 am

dusty7 wrote:

Then there are two schools of thought...
1. The Democratic Party is not united on Biden's agenda
2. Some Democratic members stay true to themselves and their constituents and don't vote based on party lines

I really hope for the latter but it's probably the former.  

Those are not two schools of thought.

Those are two different ways of saying the exact same thing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:45 am

OSUBucks wrote:The current US Senate consists of 50 Republicans, 48 Democrats and 2 Independents. The 2 Independents caucus with the Democrats basically making it 50/50. In the event of a tie vote the Vice President Kamala Harris is the tiebreaker. The problem the Democrats have is the two Senators Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin. Sinema is from Arizona, typically a red state and Manchin is from Virginia a swing state. If either of them swing left of center on their votes they probably don’t get re-elected.

Joe Manchin is from West Virginia.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 am

tps wrote:

Joe Manchin is from West Virginia.

Yes he is and West Virginia is a red state which explains why he is reluctant to vote with the other Democrats.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:49 pm

This will definitely alleviate the  supply chain issues.  I'm really trying to figure out exactly what this is supposed to accomplish. We aren't doing this for the immigrants coming across the border so why are we doing it for truckers?  And if this is really that big of an issue, why didn't we start this policy in 2020 or when other vaccine mandates went into place? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DHSgov/status/1484307498098036736
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:28 pm

dusty7 wrote:This will definitely alleviate the  supply chain issues.  I'm really trying to figure out exactly what this is supposed to accomplish. We aren't doing this for the immigrants coming across the border so why are we doing it for truckers?  And if this is really that big of an issue, why didn't we start this policy in 2020 or when other vaccine mandates went into place?  Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/DHSgov/status/1484307498098036736

Agree. Incredibly incompetent.
Or they are trying to create shortages on purpose.
It's a clown show.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:21 pm

I find it amusing that Trump is the one who devoted tons of $ to get the vaccine rapidly available to Americans and yet his supporters are the ones by in large who are bitching about the mandates.

Now, I'll be the first to say that as soon as this Omicron wave dissipates, which it appears to be doing in many parts of the country, I think many if not all of these restrictions need to be lifted as we head towards spring and summer. The whole situation has run it's course. The people who are going to get vaccinated and stay up on their boosters have and will...those that haven't, won't, regardless of what mandates are in place. Whether it's supported by the medical community is irrelevant at this point to those that refuse to get vaccinated. Covid vaccines and mandates are a huge part of our nations division right now...just eliminate it, continue to produce vaccines and therapeutics for those that want them and those who fall ill, and lets move on.

lefty120
Bee-otch

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:31 pm

lefty120 wrote:I find it amusing that Trump is the one who devoted tons of $ to get the vaccine rapidly available to Americans and yet his supporters are the ones by in large who are bitching about the mandates.

trump pushed hard for vaccine development and by most accounts that process was successful. Today Trump recommends getting the vaccine. 
No one was for mandates, even biden and fauci said there would be no mandates, until biden illegally mandated vaccines via an OSHA workaround. then people bitched.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:43 pm

tps wrote:
lefty120 wrote:I find it amusing that Trump is the one who devoted tons of $ to get the vaccine rapidly available to Americans and yet his supporters are the ones by in large who are bitching about the mandates.

trump pushed hard for vaccine development and by most accounts that process was successful. Today Trump recommends getting the vaccine. 
No one was for mandates, even biden and fauci said there would be no mandates, until biden illegally mandated vaccines via an OSHA workaround. then people bitched.

You are saying that nobody bitched about mandates until there were mandates. Imagine.

Who said the OSHA mandates were illegal? Not the SC. The SC referred the OSHA mandate question back to the lower court. The question before the SC was if the lower court's stay that was issued could be lifted while the lower courts considered the broader issue of legality. They did say that the OSHA mandates were too broad but went on to say:

"The court did emphasize, however, that a more-limited vaccine-or-test mandate might pass muster. It stated that where COVID-19 “poses a special danger because of the particular features of an employee’s job or workplace, target regulations are plainly permissible.” OSHA, for instance, can “regulate risks associated with working in particularly crowded or cramped environments.” What OSHA cannot regulate, the court held, is “the everyday risk of contracting COVID-19 that all face.” The court therefore re-imposed a nationwide stay blocking the OSHA vaccine-or-test mandate"

So OSHA can insist on mandates in some circumstances, but not universally to all employers with over 100 employees.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:43 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:

You are saying that nobody bitched about mandates until there were mandates. Imagine.

Who said the OSHA mandates were illegal? Not the SC. The SC referred the OSHA mandate question back to the lower court. The question before the SC was if the lower court's stay that was issued could be lifted while the lower courts considered the broader issue of legality. They did say that the OSHA mandates were too broad but went on to say:

"The court did emphasize, however, that a more-limited vaccine-or-test mandate might pass muster. It stated that where COVID-19 “poses a special danger because of the particular features of an employee’s job or workplace, target regulations are plainly permissible.” OSHA, for instance, can “regulate risks associated with working in particularly crowded or cramped environments.” What OSHA cannot regulate, the court held, is “the everyday risk of contracting COVID-19 that all face.” The court therefore re-imposed a nationwide stay blocking the OSHA vaccine-or-test mandate"

So OSHA can insist on mandates in some circumstances, but not universally to all employers with over 100 employees.

Imagine.  Folks bitched about mandates after sleepy joe lied about it. Crazy.

Split all the hairs you want. Sleepy joe's mandates ain't happening per the courts.

Let's go bran-don

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:57 am

Not very presidential if you ask me.

Fox News' Peter Doocy says Biden 'cleared the air' with him following the 'SOB' insult

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-peter-doocy-biden-cleared-the-air

Remember this quote from Joe Biden in January 2021, "If you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect... I promise you I will fire you on the spot."

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:02 pm

dusty7 wrote:Not very presidential if you ask me.

Fox News' Peter Doocy says Biden 'cleared the air' with him following the 'SOB' insult

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-peter-doocy-biden-cleared-the-air

Remember this quote from Joe Biden in January 2021, "If you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect... I promise you I will fire you on the spot."

I agree. That wasn't very presidential.

To be fair, Doocy had asked a really stupid question and the President called him a "stupid son of a bitch". "Stupid" was the operative word. The other "SOB" part can be fact checked. My guess is that Doocy's mom is a perfectly nice person and not a female dog.

I don't remember, but there were probably many of you that posted the same bad reviews of the former guy when he said these things:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/may/14/how-trump-has-berated-insulted-and-demeaned-female-reporters-video

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 pm

Biden had a press conference to discuss the Ukraine crisis. The press should have respected that and kept questions on that topic. One reporter didn’t, a reporter from Fox News. That said Biden shouldn’t have made the comment that he did, it was unprofessional to say the least. I give him credit for manning up and calling the guy today and apologizing. Trump who routinely treated reporters poorly, wasn’t known to call them later to apologize. I might be misremembering here but I don’t recall the Conservatives on here ever calling Trump out for his bad treatment of reporters. I’ll never forget when in a room full of reporters Trump told Peter Alexander that he was a terrible reporter.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:44 pm

To be fair, all reporters are terrible. But as President you are supposed to be held to a higher standard. Yeah the reporter was not following de corum but all reporters do that, they want to be part of the story as much as the story they are covering. I would expect the leader of our country to hold their tongue but our last two presidents did not have the ability to do that.

Trump was definitely not the nicest to the press and was definitely not very presidential.  People thought Biden would improve the vitriol on DC and with the press but I guess that is why people are so fed up with him. That and inflation, immigration, and lack of passing the left's agenda.

Pelosi running for an 18th term. Been in Congress longer than I have been alive and I will say our country has gone to shit in that time. We need term limits.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:18 pm

sleepy joe trying to get us more involved in a war in Ukraine
He evacuated the US embassy in Ukraine-no other country did that. 
this is theater to distract from his shit show of a presidency to date....he's going to put our guys in harms way.
its almost like he's looking for piles of shit to step in. 

biden vetting process of afghan 'refugee'
https://thepostmillennial.com/afghan-refugee-convicted-of-sexually-assaulting-3-year-old-girl?utm_campaign=64470

there are still Americans stranded in afghanistan.

biden is a clown and the show goes on
let's go bran-don.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:36 pm

Yesterday I saw Republican Nikki Haley calling Biden weak and soft. Now TPS is calling him a warmonger. One thing I know is that the political right will find something to attack him on every day, real or imagined. Remember that 7 million more Americans voted for Biden than Trump. Many weren’t really enthusiastic about Biden but just didn’t want Trump.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:01 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Yesterday I saw Republican Nikki Haley calling Biden weak and soft. Now TPS is calling him a warmonger. One thing I know is that the political right will find something to attack him on every day, real or imagined. Remember that 7 million more Americans voted for Biden than Trump. Many weren’t really enthusiastic about Biden but just didn’t want Trump.

And now they don't want Biden. The fact that we were forced to pick between two pathetic options shows how far our country has sunk. I had hope that Trump would usher in a new era of outsiders entering Washington, because that is the only way real change will happen, but a president needs to have a filter and he doesn't have one.

You are correct the political right will attack the political left for any reason they find will potentially help them with their agenda or win an election, and it needs to change or we will continue to fail.

All I want the government to do is solve problems but it seems that over the past 3 decades or so, every time they tried to solve a problem it just got worse. It has nothing to do with the strategy but everything to do with the opposing side digging in and disagreeing with everything from the opposing side. There is no ability for compromise and that is why were are where we are today.

The fact that the leaders of our country, Pelosi (81), Schumer (71), McConnell (79), Biden (79), are close to or beyond the life expectancy is illustrative that this is not about fixing the issues of our country, it is about getting what you can before you die. Do these people really care about the decisions they are making? Do they care about the money they are spending? Do they care about the impact their decisions will have on the future? Absolutely not, it is all about \"f\"ing powergrab among the old elite and a competition among themselves. The everyday Americans do not matter to these people, they act on their own regard and until we decide to not elect people into becoming Career Politicians, things will only continue to get worse.

And how Justice Breyer is going to retire so now we have to deal with all of the political bullshit we dealt with when Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett but just coming from the other side. In the end, it is all pointless bickering and the problems we really have will just get worse.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks, ramblinman and Doctor D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:21 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Yesterday I saw Republican Nikki Haley calling Biden weak and soft. Now TPS is calling him a warmonger. One thing I know is that the political right will find something to attack him on every day, real or imagined. Remember that 7 million more Americans voted for Biden than Trump. Many weren’t really enthusiastic about Biden but just didn’t want Trump.

virtue signaling from a person who, day after day, bashed trump and repeated fake news. Today, you can't defend your guy.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:25 pm

tps wrote:

virtue signaling from a person who, day after day, bashed trump and repeated fake news. Today, you can't defend your guy.

At least he isn’t a criminal as far as I know. Trump is in fact a criminal.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next