Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chambana Sports

+7
crusader
SIFBCoach7
general maximus
net
dusty7
OldTitan
Head Idiot
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chambana Sports - Page 2 Empty Re: Chambana Sports

Post by Head Idiot Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:06 pm

This sounds pretty awesome-

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2019-02-04/update-7-students-parent-arrested-after-fights-urbana-high-teacher-hurt.html

Maybe I should have posted this in the why I want out thread?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 am

Have you seen the video?
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:04 pm

No.  I didn't know there was a video.  Is it of the teacher being knocked unconscious?

EDIT- Just watched it off WCIA. Wow. Just wow. But not surprising.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Quite the doozy. I took that opportunity to inform our staff to never get into the middle of a brawl. Protect the other students, remove them and yourself from the area, and call the cops.
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:28 pm

I broke up a fight last hear during lunch. Hear a bang against my wall, go outside to see one kid on top of another wailing away. I gut wrench him, pick him up off the kid and hold him until the other kid was taken away.

In a staff meeting shortly after all the old timers offered congratulations as it was caught on camera. A newer teacher asked me if I was afraid of potentially getting sued.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 pm

I had 2 kids wrestle over a bean bag today. There were close to 80 beanbags that were within 30 feet of them that they could have grabbed instead. I said "Boys" in a deep tone and it stopped right then and there. Maybe you guys just need to be more intimidating like me.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 pm

tincup1215 wrote:I had 2 kids wrestle over a bean bag today.  There were close to 80 beanbags that were within 30 feet of them that they could have grabbed instead.  I said "Boys" in a deep tone and it stopped right then and there.  Maybe you guys just need to be more intimidating like me.  
How llx were these Kaneland ruffians?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 pm

Before seeing the video I hadn't realized that it was a female teacher that got knocked out. She was out before she hit the floor. I couldn't tell if she just happened to get in the way of the punch or if it was intentional. That is just some crazy shit.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 pm

[quote="Head Idiot"]I broke up a fight last hear during lunch. Hear a bang against my wall, go outside to see one kid on top of another wailing away. I gut wrench him, pick him up off the kid and hold him until the other kid was taken away.

In a staff meeting shortly after all the old timers offered congratulations as it was caught on camera. A newer teacher asked me if I was afraid of potentially getting sued.[/quote)

When I was young and dumb and worked at Washington Middle School in Springfield (toss up between WMS and NET's old school Jefferson which one was the roughest), you would break up a fight and get some street credit. The administration and union told us not to break them up any more. Plus they tried to crucify a teacher when we were breaking up a fight/riot that involved our whole 8th grade class. We stopped breaking them up let the kids beat the crap out of each other.
In one big fight a kid grabbed my wife's arm and hyper-extended her elbow. I went to football practice and one of her ex-students, Chris McGee, Mike McGee's (played at Illinois) little brother who was as big as Mike, asked how my wife was doing. Chris was a bandit, was kicked out/banned from one middle school, ended up at WMS because we took everyone's huddled masses and wretched refuse. He was kicked out of everyone's class except my wife's choir class. He spent the whole day in wife's room, she got him to study, his grades improved and he graduated. When I told him what happened to her, he asked, "Who did it?" When I told him, he just nodded. Two days later, he came up to me in practice and told me he took care of the kid for my wife. He waited outside the kid's house for a couple of hours, when the punk came outside, he kicked his ass.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:I had 2 kids wrestle over a bean bag today.  There were close to 80 beanbags that were within 30 feet of them that they could have grabbed instead.  I said "Boys" in a deep tone and it stopped right then and there.  Maybe you guys just need to be more intimidating like me.  
How llx were these Kaneland ruffians?
Old.

Very Happy
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am

I was wondering what llx meant and it was some new abbreviation the kids are using, then was confused on how you knew the lingo before I did...

They were 6 Very Happy
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am

Pike Bishop wrote:Two days later, he came up to me in practice and told me he took care of the kid for my wife. He waited outside the kid's house for a couple of hours, when the punk came outside, he kicked his ass.

sadly, kids these days don't have that same dedication. Twisted Evil
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I broke up a fight last hear during lunch. Hear a bang against my wall, go outside to see one kid on top of another wailing away. I gut wrench him, pick him up off the kid and hold him until the other kid was taken away.

In a staff meeting shortly after all the old timers offered congratulations as it was caught on camera. A newer teacher asked me if I was afraid of potentially getting sued.

Good job. I'd have no problem doing it myself, or a few others in our building, but I don't want some of our teachers attempting anything like that.
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I broke up a fight last hear during lunch. Hear a bang against my wall, go outside to see one kid on top of another wailing away. I gut wrench him, pick him up off the kid and hold him until the other kid was taken away.

Good job.  I'd have no problem doing it myself, or a few others in our building, but I don't want some of our teachers attempting anything like that.
I didn't really think about it. Was more of a reaction because it surprised me. Stupid thing, it was two friends. As it usually is.

I initially thought the lady in the video was over reacting, but after thinking about it, I'd milk it for all it's worth too. Nice little paid vacation. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2