Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Sports Stipends

3 posters

Go down

Spring Sports Stipends Empty Spring Sports Stipends

Post by wolverine55 Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 am

It's early, but I'm not getting much feedback on the Coach Huey board, so I'll ask here too: is your school still paying spring sport coaches their stipends? Partial payments? I'm not a spring sports coach, but two weeks ago we got an email that the school board was going to honor the contracts since the money was budgeted anyway. I guess Monday night our school board voted to not pay spring coaches. I don't so much care about if you think they should or not, I"m just curious if your schools are still giving them their stipend.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Spring Sports Stipends Empty Re: Spring Sports Stipends

Post by net Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:50 am

i'm getting my track pay.

i've been wondering about next year though.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:09 pm

I am being paid my full track stipend.  

When it comes to the fall, if the season should happen to be cancelled, it will be interesting to see what message is sent, to head coaches at least, but really with all, if stipends aren't paid.  Does that mean they do not expect coaches to work with their athletes for a calendar year?  Or, like so many school boards do with teachers and coaches alike, they will take advantage of the fact that teachers and coaches will do right by their kids and work with them to prepare for the next season anyway, whenever the ability to do so happens.  If any coaches take a stand against that decision, and do not work with their athletes, what will the response be?

I personally would consider not being paid a slap in the face, telling me that only what I do during the actual season matters.

I also coach in the spring at the school where I teach and in the fall at one where I don't, so it will be interesting to see if there are any differences between the two.  Hopefully it will be a moot point by fall.
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down