Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 Chicago Bears

+2
Head Idiot
Bighitter11
6 posters

Go down

2024 Chicago Bears Empty 2024 Chicago Bears

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:59 am

Year 3 of the Poles and Eberflus era. I thought when they took over it would be atleast 2 full seasons before expectations should be anything and here we are now. I think Poles has done a good job or tearing this thing down to the studs and rebuilding things. The defense is possibly one pass rusher away from being pretty elite potentially. The offense is as talented as any offense a Bears fan has seen before. Biggest concern is the offensive line and injuries. Nate Davis has been a bad signing and cant stay on the field. Cant fault Poles for swinging sometimes you miss in the NFL. Jenkins also needs to be able to stay on the field. If they can get healthy up front I think they have a chance. It was only preseason but I like the new OC and the way he called plays. They should 100% contend for a playoff spot this year if not the division. Better days are ahead.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

2024 Chicago Bears Empty Re: 2024 Chicago Bears

Post by Head Idiot Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:10 am

I don't like Williams, but I really hope he proves me wrong. This is going to be the first fall in a long time that I can regularly settle in and watch some games. I just hope they give us something to watch.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:21 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Biggest concern is the offensive line and injuries.

Is it me, or have we been saying the OL is a big concern for many years? How many of the recent Bears QBs (Fields, Cutler, etc.) would have put up way different numbers if only the Bears OL had been average at worst?

How is it that Williams will overcome the sieve otherwise known as the Bears OL? You know what they say about insanity...
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:34 am

ramblinman wrote:

Is it me, or have we been saying the OL is a big concern for many years?  How many of the recent Bears QBs (Fields, Cutler, etc.) would have put up way different numbers if only the Bears OL had been average at worst?  

How is it that Williams will overcome the sieve otherwise known as the Bears OL?  You know what they say about insanity...

Overall the unit wasnt bad last year when healthy. They were great at running the ball and one would think Williams will be able to process things faster than JF1 and get the ball out of his hands. I think as long as they get healthy they will be fine but def an area for concern and an area I think will be last part of the rebuild come next years draft as well.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:53 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Is it me, or have we been saying the OL is a big concern for many years?  How many of the recent Bears QBs (Fields, Cutler, etc.) would have put up way different numbers if only the Bears OL had been average at worst?  

How is it that Williams will overcome the sieve otherwise known as the Bears OL?  You know what they say about insanity...
I've been saying it here for at least 16 years...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:28 pm

I think the Bears will be pretty decent. The problem is arguably two  of the top three teams in the NFC are in their Division so they have to play both Detroit and Green Bay twice. They have a shot at a wild card.
Williams can be brilliant. I also saw him pouting on the sideline late in their game against Utah last year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:40 am

OSUBucks wrote:I think the Bears will be pretty decent. The problem is arguably two  of the top three teams in the NFC are in their Division so they have to play both Detroit and Green Bay twice. They have a shot at a wild card.
Williams can be brilliant. I also saw him pouting on the sideline late in their game against Utah last year.
I don't think Green Bay can repeat what they did last year.

The Lions, however, are a legitimate threat. And should be for a while. They have been built masterfully.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:51 am

I'd love to play for Dan Campbell. Seems like a great dude.
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:11 pm

ramblinman wrote:

If Jenkins gets hurt again, It's time to move on from him.......grades out well when he plays.....just hurt to often.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:28 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

If Jenkins gets hurt again, It's time to move on from him.......grades out well when he plays.....just hurt to often.

Darnell Wright with a holding penalty on the second play of the game. Rolling Eyes
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Darnell Wright with a holding penalty on the second play of the game.  Rolling Eyes

When the Bears drafted him I thought he’d be a beast of a RT. Maybe he still will. He’s strong in run blocking. Still needs some work in pass protection. He could still end up being a very good one.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Darnell Wright with a holding penalty on the second play of the game.  Rolling Eyes

When the Bears drafted him I thought he’d be a beast of a RT. Maybe he still will. He’s strong in run blocking. Still needs some work in pass protection. He could still end up being a very good one.

I felt the same as you and completely agree that he has very high upside potential. I thought he had a strong rookie year. It just was not a good way to start on the first pass play of the pre-season.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:23 pm

It has been very often in my time but there have been a few seasons where the Bears had a pretty legit offense.

There are many years where the Bears have had a legit defense.

There are very few seasons in which they had both.....I think this is one of those rare seasons. Headed to my first game at Solider field Sunday hopefully the start of good things.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:44 pm

They have been impressive in the preseason. I hope it carries over to the season.

A decent Bears team AND fall weather this weekend? That's the recipe for a good time.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:00 pm

It would be really cool to get a win against the Packers. I can’t remember when the Bears beat them last.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:00 pm

OSUBucks wrote:It would be really cool to get a win against the Packers. I can’t remember when the Bears beat them  last.
December 16, 2018.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:37 pm

I realize it's too early to crap all over Williams, but maybe, just maybe, you should've trotted the guy out for more of the preseason?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:35 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I realize it's too early to crap all over Williams, but maybe, just maybe, you should've trotted the guy out for more of the preseason?

With that bunch of matadors on the o-line "protecting" him? They looked awful yesterday. It's only a matter of time before Williams goes down with an injury that causes him to miss games. There should be some sort of Vegas line of how many games he will miss this year.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down