Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

picks and eats......

5 posters

Go down

picks and eats...... Empty picks and eats......

Post by net Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:06 pm

small pork loin shredded and uncle joe's bbq sauce with home made pickled red onion.

home made veggie soup.

sub sandwiches on hoagie buns and chips

home made ranch oyster crackers-my specialty.

one small package of bbq beef little smokies.

torn on my pick. brendan daley, kc's d-line coach in his 7th super bowl, is an shg grad. eagles repping the nfc east division and lost to my redskins.............

going with eagles, but won't be too upset with kc win.

first year in a looooooooong time that i can remember that i haven't got any money on the game.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

picks and eats...... Empty Re: picks and eats......

Post by Chukam All Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:40 pm

Sorry, the only time I would be even tempted to pull for K.C. is if they were playing the SteAlers. And even then I probably pray for lightning strikes on the field.

As for food, went ultra lazy. Casey's Taco Pizza.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:44 pm

Chukam All wrote:Sorry, the only time I would be even tempted to pull for K.C. is if they were playing the SteAlers. And even then I probably pray for lightning strikes on the field.

As for food, went ultra lazy.  Casey's Taco Pizza.

have you tried the conveyor belt wings yet?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:21 pm

net wrote:
Chukam All wrote:Sorry, the only time I would be even tempted to pull for K.C. is if they were playing the SteAlers. And even then I probably pray for lightning strikes on the field.

You lost me. What/where are conveyor belt wings?
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:24 pm

So you have a very good football game but rather than let the players decide it the ref makes a very controversial call that decided the game. The Eagle defender barely had a hand on the Chief receiver and didn’t impede his progress. Greg Olsen was right, bad call there.
Oh one more thing, damn Chris Stapleton was awesome.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:18 am

net wrote:small pork loin shredded and uncle joe's bbq sauce with home made pickled red onion.

home made veggie soup.

sub sandwiches on hoagie buns and chips

home made ranch oyster crackers-my specialty.

one small package of bbq beef little smokies.

torn on my pick. brendan daley, kc's d-line coach in his 7th super bowl, is an shg grad. eagles repping the nfc east division and lost to my redskins.............

going with eagles, but won't be too upset with kc win.

first year in a looooooooong time that i can remember  that i haven't got any money on the game.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/2/13/23597439/super-bowl-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-coach-brendan-daly-titles?fbclid=IwAR0QA3cgftskQVMlLtcb9Gwe0vXKTOOOXB2i7Nex_GmUqyJcixc2FtxxB4c
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:42 pm

OSUBucks wrote:So you have a very good football game but rather than let the players decide it the ref makes a very controversial call that decided the game. The Eagle defender barely had a hand on the Chief receiver and didn’t impede his progress. Greg Olsen was right, bad call there.
Oh one more thing, damn Chris Stapleton was awesome.

"It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide."
-James Bradbury

picks and eats...... Fo0QYuIWIAAK-_v?format=jpg&name=small

That right there is a hold.  Whether or not you flag a guy in that situation is up for debate but a hold is a hold.

Greg Olsen did not help matters.  He was flat out wrong in his negative analysis of the penalty call, but his being watched and listened to by all those TV viewers contributed to the firestorm of whining.  In complaining about the call, Olsen referenced Bradbury's left hand on the receiver's back after he had made his cut and was headed toward the end zone.  Olsen was right that the left hand on the back wasn't a hold, but that was not what prompted the holding call.  I doubt that Olsen even saw the actual hold, so his indignation was understandable if he didn't see it.  What prompted the call was a hold that the camera and replay didn't pick up well because of the angle.  The receiver started his route going inside, stopped, and was trying to cut back to the outside. It was at that precise point of trying to cut back that Bradbury tugged the receiver's jersey with his right hand.

If people want to argue that the hold shouldn't have been called at that point of the game, then I think that KC could rightly argue that if the hold hadn't taken place then the receiver would have had a very good shot of catching the pass to go up by 7 pts instead of 3.  Fair is fair, right?  As it happened, the pass fell into the end zone just a few feet in front of the receiver.  Had he not been held, he would likely have been able to run under that pass and have gotten his hands on the ball at least.

Even if you want to debate that the hold shouldn't have been called, the play left KC in reasonable FG range (32 yds) facing fourth down, and the likelihood was very good that they would have gone up by 3 with 1:45 to play.  The Eagles struggled to score in the second half, and you can't assume that they would have successfully driven 75 yards to win or even driven 40-74 yds to attempt a FG to tie it up in that time frame with just one timeout left.

Agreed about Stapleton.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:57 pm

Well at least we agree about Stapleton, Lol
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ramblinman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:18 am

Chukam All wrote:
net wrote:

You lost me.  What/where are conveyor belt wings?

they don't fry their wings. they cook them on the same conveyer belt that they run their pizzas through.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:41 pm

net wrote:
Chukam All wrote:
net wrote:

they don't fry their wings. they cook them on the same conveyer belt that they run their pizzas through.

Well that would explain it. Never did think much of their wings. You want wings in Peoria, go to Richard's on University. Wednesday special, pound of wings plus fries $10.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:48 pm

Chukam All wrote:
net wrote:
Chukam All wrote:
net wrote:

Well that would explain it.  Never did think much of their wings.  You want wings in Peoria, go to Richard's on University.  Wednesday special, pound of wings plus fries $10.

is that at the top of the hill by bradley? or is that harold's?

do you go to schooner's for wings?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:19 pm

net wrote:
Chukam All wrote:
net wrote:
Chukam All wrote:
net wrote:

Well that would explain it.  Never did think much of their wings.  You want wings in Peoria, go to Richard's on University.  Wednesday special, pound of wings plus fries $10.

is that at the top of the hill by bradley? or is that harold's?

do you go to schooner's for wings?

No. Richard's is on the north end of University street. 1/2 block short of Pioneer Parkway.

Truthfully it's been years since I've been to any Shlchooner's. And then it was the one in Bloomington.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down